It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebra Sky Disk--- Depicts Nibiru?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Heres my question if niburu passed before how did any people and literature survive. ?
I begain on ats because i found this cool niburu story on the net and have since become very skeptical because any real proof relys to heavily on science fiction what ifs..
Does anyone have any real proof not associations mind us real proof?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here's an idea, what if it's nothing? Just antiquity alone doesn't mean that everything we find means something important. After all, it seems to me that everything we DO find tends to have some great importance applied to it. This could very well just be an ornament, a decoration, plate, a shield... a child's toy.

Instead, we do what we do as an undeveloped and undereducated race, and place unprecedented importance on everything with a star, a moon or a couple squiggly lines. Why? I hope our future generations aren't as naive as us; digging up antiquated objects and assuming we actually KNEW something... because truth be told, we don't!

We have tons of items that can and will lend to the imaginations of future peoples. It's sad to think that as they question the purpose of each, they will be just as confused as we are about 'our' past.

I think it's a nice bronze item, depicting the enigmatic body that is our sky. How simple an object... how complex we make it's importance.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Interesting, yes. But to make me believe in niburiu, even if I'd like to, No.
Sorry

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

All the info you quoted is the terra papers by robert morning sky was it not? I reaaly like that book. Some interesting ideas and i think you can download it for free from the net. If you see the version with the the drawings then you get the impression your reading the original star wars ideas.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Comment intended for OP:

re: quote: There is another arc perfectly fomed inside of the sun, like an eclipse. Corrosion? Or did someone defile the piece of art- either to hide the fact of Nibiru or in disgust of the aftermath of its arrival?

The picture with the shadow over the sun appears to imply that this shadow disc is "missing" from the disk, removing with it a chunk of the sun?

IF this were the case, judging from the "inlayed" technique used for all the other shapes, wouldn't we see the outline of the missing disk itself somewhere in the bronze, as is the case with the missing crescent shape border on the Sun side of the disk?

I see no evidence to show that the repaired disk is NOT restored to its original state at all. Just my opinion - unless I misunderstood the shadow illustration altogether.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Interesting, but where did the year 1649 BC come from, and a 3661 year orbit? It's almost as if people are positive it even exists. I thought it was still a hypothetical celestial body seeing as there is no proof what so ever other than a few maybes here and there and the odd anomaly. A body of that size should put off some sort of gravitational exertion on asteroids, comets, anything really. To many people have cried wolf on this for too long, it's hard for me to believe anything Nibiru related.

I'm nothing more that a closed minded buffoon though.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Jeesh hasn't anyone here read any of Zacharia Sitchens books?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
A bronze object with thin gold appliqués (sheets) made ~3600 years ago.

Yeah, right... Can't anybody see that it's nothing else than a stupid farce?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I feel you are absolutly right about the "sun boat" it is described as a spaceship, I almost finished reading Erich von Dänicken's book on "return of the gods" and I saw alot of refrences in that book about ancient space ships etc like the vega ... and this dipiction is almost exactly like the onces of india.

I think to look past the evidence Is as if ignoring the obvious, and still If I post on scientific fora and give them the evidence of space visitors they refuse to believe it even though they them selves have no real explenation.

kinda funny how stupid some scientists are.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

Light will show the way!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

have you heard about the Sumerian library full of scrolls?

Can someone please do a organized post on that???

Never ceases to interest me...
Like the poster said well before me, I don't think they just wrote down stories and placed them somewhere where they could be found... More like wrote down history. I was watching a video of a guy exposing the secret societies involved with Nasa and he was on a stage showing pics of the scrolls saying (if i remember correctly) they really didn't understand how they made them or that it was a far advanced way of recording thier history.

Anyway nice find OP

Someone please do a nice post on the sumerian library scrolls!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Nibiru, Galactic Federation, Sun Boats, Pleadians, Reptillians, Grey's and other imaginary "Stuff".

Where is the Proof that any of this exist's? There is none. This is all someone's interpretation of what their own imagination tells them and then they try and publish it as fact. Then you get "Sheeple" who are looking for another explanation for their existance and Voila, it becomes fact to other "Sheeple". When you ask for Proof, it becomes a Conspiracy and the Government or Scientists are trying to hide it, trying to hide the proof.

Let's blame the Governments for everything we don't know and why we have no proof. Or let's call Scientists Evil because they have scewed these Beliefs.

There has to be something wrong with people when they believe in something that has no basis in Fact, does not exist, and there is no proof to back up what they believe.

So many people, Billions of people in fact, believe in God. God doesn't Exist. He never ever did and yet People believe in what they interpret to be a God. The Ancients believed in Gods and yet, there's no proof at all that there ever was a God, only Stories.

Why do people believe these stories? I, for one, Think that this is what holds us all back from knowing the TRUE realities of life and why we never get ahead in our Collective Consciousness. We believe in Imaginary things and people have Faith that these imaginary "Things" will deliver us from a life that has no meaning or deliver us from any "Percieved" Evil!

I just don't get it. I want FACT's that something Exists or I want something I can see, hear, smell or touch before I'll believe in Something. I believe a Television exists because I can see it, feel it. I don't belive that a Giant Serpent made our Rivers or Ate our Ancestors.

So why is it people believe in all these things that are not based in fact? I believe that when people do not have the proof or facts, they make up the stories as to why something that exists, has no explanation.
Life Exists and that is a fact. As to why life exists on this Planet , no-one really knows or has the answers. We know how life might have started based on Scientific Data but, there's no proof that the Data is correct.
I, myself, have a hard time coming to believe the "Evolution Theory".
I can't understand how we developed from something like an Ape?

You only have to look at what our Ancient Ancestors believed. We think we know what they believed because they left us Stories and we interpretate their stories to fit with our beliefs.

What I wonder is, Are we that much more intelligent than our Ancient Forefathers? If we keep believing Stories that are not based on fact. Or we believe in Imaginary Beings (Gods) and so forth. I don't think we can move on to a more, Calm and Intelligent life.

Pleadians Don't exist. Where did the term come from? Nibiru Doesn't Exist. God does not exist. Grey Aliens might exist but I will not believe that Anyone has ever seen one until there is actual proof that they exist or are here.

GALACTIC FEDERATION? Who's imagination made this one up?

I guess we are just continuing on with what our Ancient People did. Making up stories as we go along..

Anyhow, tht's my 2 cents on what I think.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
actually look closer and think harder...i think perhaps that large circle with the chunk missin isnt the sun...but is earth after it was hit by nibiru..all the little smaller circles floating around are the bits of the debri...and that half moon to the right is the moon being formed from the debri of the collision.

perhaps this is just an explanation as to how the earth and moon became what they are today.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
A bronze object with thin gold appliqués (sheets) made ~3600 years ago.

Yeah, right... Can't anybody see that it's nothing else than a stupid farce?

Except that it is not. This disk is widely accepted by archeologists as authentic. Initially, it was thought by many to be a fake, just as you think it is. It turns out that it is real. Looters discovered the disk buried with many other artifacts (swords etc) that accurately date to 1600-1560BC. Many suspected that the weapons were authentic but the looters forged the disk to make more money off of an otherwise modest find. When archeologists went to the pit where the looters found these items, they did a full dig. During that excavation they found a piece of gold metal flake that precisely fits the missing section on the sun.

I thought this was rather common knowledge. It made big(ish) news in 2003 or so...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The following is info from:
Meller, H. (January 2004). "Star search". National Geographic: 76–8.

The disk as preserved was developed in four stages:

1. Initially the disk had thirty-two small round gold circles, a large circular plate, and a large crescent-shaped plate attached. The circular plate is interpreted as either the Sun or the full Moon, the crescent shape as the crescent Moon (or either the Sun or the Moon undergoing eclipse), and the dots as stars, with the cluster of seven dots likely representing the Pleiades.

2. At some later date, two arcs (constructed from gold of a different origin, as shown by its chemical impurities) were added at opposite edges of the disk. To make space for these arcs, one small circle was moved from the left side toward the center of the disk and two of the circles on the right were covered over, so that thirty remain visible. The two arcs span an angle of 82°, correctly indicating the angle between the positions of sunset at summer and winter solstice at the latitude of the Mittelberg (51° N). Given that the arcs relate to solar phenomena, it is likely the circular plate represents the Sun not the Moon.

3. The final addition was another arc at the bottom, the "sun boat", again made of gold from a different origin.

4. By the time the disk was buried it also had thirty-nine or forty holes punched out around its perimeter, each approximately 3 mm in diameter.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by nydsdan]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wouldnt dismiss this yet . Ever heard of the Dogon tribe? Google it and then come back. Ancient astronomers knew stuff they shouldnt. How is that possible? begs the question dosent it?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
what is called "the pleiades" on this disk isn't much like the actual pleiades at all.

the disk has seven nubs arranged in a bunch. The bunch doesn't even resemble what the pleiades looks like in the night sky and it is missing the depiction of at least one prominent member of the star cluster.

see here for an actual on the cluster: pleiades

but, perhaps it was merely a sighting interpretation.
It's possible this device was used by early agrarians as a calendar of course to determine when the best time was to start planting seed according to solstice and equinox times.

I wonder what the Pleiades looked like to man back in 1600BC? Surely not the same as they look today, no?

But I do get your point. Nothing says that the cluster is definitively the Pleiades. I agree that the disk probably had a lot of significance to being able to calculate the equinoxes. In order to do so, you need to be able to calibrate the disk - or set it to some reference point. There was probably more to the disk than what is left now, and whatever physical context the disk was in (part of a shield, or a structure/temple, or a bigger device with gears, or a sundial, or...) may have determined exactly what the significance the dots/stars is.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

The Sun Boat (or Sun Barge) is the great ship in which Ra and his companions sailed through the sky giving light to the world. It is also the ship in which the gods traveled from the heavens to earth. When the gods use it to travel between the worlds, it is called "The Boat of a Million Years."

I totally love the theory that the Mandjet aka "Sun boat" of Ra was indeed, a stargate machine named "Osiris device", by most of researchers of the "Ancient Astronaut God" theory. There's no evidence if this device was in Earth's orbit, but I assume that there were portable devices settled into the Giza pyramids, main temples and Ziggurats, used to transport the Anunnaki 'till the orbital station, that probably had a major device capable to open wormholes to traffic of starships. Probably the "Sun boat" of Ra was just a spacecraft... Just my thought... However the depictions found in Egypt are very similar to the wormhole model of Stephen Hawing. Coincidence?? I don't think so...

In close we can see Ra, poppin' out of the other side of the supposed wormhole. Notice that the full image of the "Osiris device", totally looks like a complex machine, not a symbolic representation of life after death or some bullsh*t like that pushed by the scholars.

Hawing model of wormhole

The Planet Nibiru is also known to some as Pleiadian Federation Flagship.
Nibiru was originally a planet that was thrown out of orbit with the implosion/explosion of Sirius B. It wound up in the Pleiades and therefore is known to some as a Pleiadian planet.

But definitely I don't buy any information provide by the "Nibiruan Council" or any other "contactee" group that alleges to receive "channelized" msg from Nibiru or the "Galact Federation". No offending but people that gives credit to "contactees" are NUTS, 'cos they are slaves, cattle, their minds energy is feeding astral vampires, and when I say "vampires", I mean "energy parasite intelligences", alien or not.

In Sumerian literature there's no much info about Nibiru, that IMO isn't a planet, but a cluster with a brawn dwarf and some moons or planetoids, actually. I'm afraid that Zecharia Sitchin hides a load of things about it. If he's an illuminati or if he's working to NASA or not, nobody knows, but is still a clouded subject. People have been spreading panic that Nibiru's gravity pull will f*ck up Earth... But if the last cataclysm, attributed to Nibiru, was indeed caused by some HAARP-like weapon of Anunnaki??? Since that according to Sumerians ENLIL aka JAVEH wanted to destroy mankind, I guess plausible the idea that he could have used some weapon like that, to make the job and this Nibiru-approaching-destruction propaganda, was made up to protect him. I don't know... sounds crazy??? Who knows... Maybe anytime someone inside NASA will get in panic and will tell us the truth, before be assassinated.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan

I wonder what the Pleiades looked like to man back in 1600BC? Surely not the same as they look today, no?

I bet there are computer programmes that can show you EXACTLY HOW visible the Pleiades were seen from Earth 3600 yrs ago

Anyway somewhat better visible / radiant with the naked eye then today.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Let's look at it in another way
What if the "sun" represents the earth and the golden arche on the edge of the disc represents the sun- would the possible explanation be any different?
over to you

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join