It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebra Sky Disk--- Depicts Nibiru?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I was watching a show on Discovery tonight about a Bronze Age archeological find- so important- that it drastically shifts mainstream idea about the technological advances of Eastern Europe (thought to be archaic) during the Bronze Age, around 1600 BC. The find reconfirms that the astronomical knowledge and abilities of the people of the European Bronze Age, might have been similiar to that of the Myan and Egyptian cultures.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Sky Disc of Nebra (Saxony-Anhalt), discovered in 1999, is one of the most important archaeological finds of the last century. The bronze disc with gold appliqués shows the oldest concrete representation of the cosmos to date worldwide and is thus a key find not only for archaeology but also for astronomy and the history of religion.

The Disk- as widely accepted by scientists, depicts a Sun, a Crescent Moon, Stars, The Pleiades Star Cluster, 2 arcs, and a "Sun Boat"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/912f35d348fe.jpg[/atsimg]

What originally struck me as odd about this piece was- not only its rarity, and the fact that it was celestial related- was the chunk missing out of the Sun.

Then the program began to discuss how the sun boat is generally associated in culture as being a transport from the earth to the afterlife, going into the heavens. It immediately struck me that perhaps this might be a metaphor for a spacecraft.

The Sun Boat (or Sun Barge) is the great ship in which Ra and his companions sailed through the sky giving light to the world. It is also the ship in which the gods traveled from the heavens to earth. When the gods use it to travel between the worlds, it is called "The Boat of a Million Years."

Then I heard that this disk dated from 1600 BC, I felt there was no coincidence, I felt strongly that this was somehow connected to Nibiru- possibly a warning- or created to commemorate its return.

The planet Nibiru is thought to have an elipical orbit, and passes though the solar system every 3661 years or so. The last time it was here, was around 1649 BC. It is due to come through again in 2012 AD.

The Planet Nibiru is also known to some as Pleiadian Federation Flagship.

Nibiru was originally a planet that was thrown out of orbit with the implosion/explosion of Sirius B. It wound up in the Pleiades and therefore is known to some as a Pleiadian planet.

www.nibiruancouncil.com...

Now- if that werent interesting enough... Lets take a closer look at the chunk missing from the sun. Was there possibly something removed from the sun?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/912f35d348fe.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c54c8bb6db24.jpg[/atsimg]

There is another arc perfectly fomed inside of the sun, like an eclipse. Corrosion? Or did someone defile the piece of art- either to hide the fact of Nibiru or in disgust of the aftermath of its arrival?

Since the discovery and recovery of the object by the museum, the object has been repaired the "imperfection".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c0f7bca0b20.jpg[/atsimg]

My instinct is telling me that there was something more to this disk that meets the eye. Its all very coincidental.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No offense or anything but just like any cult they seem pretty damn sure of our history for people who werent there...
They say Nibiru came around then, when it is only speculation that it EXISTS let alone coming back. Anything 'Galactic Federation' should be a warning to you, just add 'of light' on the end.

I do not think it that suprising they are able to look at the sky and replicate it, all over Europe/Scandinavia there is great evidence people were commemmorating something, I am certain something important like the great flood or deluge, they had a curious need to know precisely when a date was because of the calendars. what caused it well is 100% speculation.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I too watched the show and thought the exact same thing. Think it could have been a tail that was removed from the "sun"? Excellent show for sure! S&F

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Some people believe that part of Nibiru formed the Earth. If this true, which I have no opinion of yet, the missing part could possibly try to resemble a chunk of Nibiru being taken away by e.g. meteors/comets crashing onto the surface breaking off the part. And maybe the part of the circle not there - could be there to resemble Earth?

Ah, I have no idea but very interesting find OP.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The sun boat could also represent the horns of a comet, a phenomenon which is quite impressive when it happens.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
erm... you do know that Nibiru was misinterpreted as a planet, when in fact is one of their God's?

Nibiru isn't a planet... it's not coming.. never was... it was an idea, that was misinterpreted and then some one wrote a book about a planet "x" - then some new age mystics stole that sci-fi idea and morphed it into a real prophecy..

Further to this, the mystics said it was going to come back in the 80's.. when it never did, they moved it to the mid or late 90's... now it's been said that its coming in 2012....

Interesting eh...

[edit on 20-1-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
To the OP....Good post, good find, star and flag. Nibiru/Planet X/Wormwood.....is it real, or some ancient person's imagination going wild? From my own point of view, I don't really think that the ancient Sumerians carved jokes and myths in the clay tablets for their library, no, I think they wrote down their history, what they saw, and what they experienced as a people. Nibiru is not a planet, that much is true, it is a Dark Star. The ETs came from what is probably Moons of the Dark Star. The stories center on the Annunaki needing gold the suspend in their sky, no doubt to ward off the harmful radiation from the Dark Star that provided them with light and warmth. Mankind has so very little real knowledge of the universe as a whole, what ego can say this is all nonsense? To me, the Dark Star Theory is as real as it gets.

Researchers suggest that huge unseen object orbits on fringe of solar system. This diagram, produced by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, shows the nine planets as a small inset within the much larger Oort Cloud, extending trillions of miles out from the sun. The hypothetical planet or brown dwarf would lie about halfway out from the center of the cloud.

Oct. 7, 1999 — Two teams of researchers have proposed the existence of an unseen planet or a failed star circling the sun at a distance of more than 2 trillion miles, far beyond the orbits of the nine known planets. The theory, which seeks to explain patterns in comets’ paths, has been put forward in research accepted for publication in two separate journals.

Source
So we have intelligent beings from a planetoid, or small moon of Nibiru coming across Earth in the early days, when mankind was still in a developmental stage. Setting up to do DNA splicing was no great thing for these beings, it is recorded how Thoth had the knowledge of this. Upgrading mankind, there came a time that mankind designed for himself a Shem, a launch tower, probably, or perhaps a spacecraft, no way of knowing. Anyway, the Bible records this as the countries where the "languages are confused," or Subartu.

A little later is the story of a Universial Flood.
When Noah sat down on the Mountain, again duly recorded in the Bible, they built fire, and sacrificed an animal, cooking the meat over the fire. The "Gods" were drawn to the smell, like flies, and this whole control thing began here, I believe. I believe the Annunaki are directly connected with the Dragon mythologies and stories of Reptilians in history. This goes a lot deeper than David Icke, friends, and he is not the only one who has talked about this.

Here is how I see it:

If we (humanity) are the product of genetic development by intelligent aliens from another world, so be it. They are not "Gods," they are not our "Lord and Master," they are not our controllers in any way whatsoever. They do owe us an apology, and an explanation of why they are like they are, and why they messed around with mankind.
As far as I can tell, the last time they were here was a long time ago, but when they were here is was the time of the flood. Perhaps they are coming back on a rescue mission, remember, one of their years is 3600 Earth years, give or take. Check this:

In 1983 with NASA's cooperation a group of astronomers began a comprehensive survey of the sky with the Infrared Astronomical Satellite (IRAS). In the fall of that year the IRAS discovered several moving objects in the vicinity of this solar system, including 5 previously unknown comets, a few "lost" comets, 4 new asteroids and "an enigmatic comet-like object". Headlines read "Giant Object Mystifies Astronomers" and "Mystery Body Found in Space". In The Washington Post was the headline and story "At Solar System's Edge Giant Object is a Mystery -- A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the Constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope called the IRAS. So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a 'protostar' that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the process of forming its first stars, or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its stars ever gets through. 'All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is,' said Gerry Neugebauer, chief IRAS scientist."

The United States Government squashed the story immediately! For some arcane top-secret reason the government doesn't want to alarm or panic the general public by disclosure of this discovery. Why? Because a race of reptilian super-beings inhabits that planet, and common knowledge of this fact would have people screaming in the streets. Listen to this story.

Long, long ago, approximately 500,000 years back into the past, our Planet Earth/Tiamat was a quite different place than it is today. To clarify a point, this planet's original name is Tiamat. The nickname "Earth", from the Greek "Gaia", is only a recent innovation. Herein, this planet will be referred to as Planet Tiamat.

A half a million years ago, Tiamat was not located in Space where it is today. It orbited farther out from the Sun, in between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter. Mars was orbiting at a distance much closer to the Sun than now and was quite habitable, with a temperate climate and liquid water. This fact has been verified numerous times by NASA and other scientific groups. What those groups do not acknowledge is the fact that Mars had a different orbital pattern than today. Establishment groups do not accept a cataclysmic evolution of this solar system, at least not publicly.

Then, too, Tiamat's system was closer to the Star Sirius (or Sothis, as the ancient Egyptians called it). This solar system and the Sirian planetary system are part of a unit. The two systems are gravitationally connected to one another, a new fact that is now beginning to gain widespread consensus from the scientific community. Our "Sirian Regional System" as a unit revolves around the Central Sun Alcyone in the Pleiades Cluster, which might be termed "the Pleiades Quadrant". This greater sector revolves around the Galactic Center, in the direction of the Stars of Sagittarius, once every 200,000,000 years or so. What is so significant about our present-day epoch is that certain great cycles relating to orbital alignments within the Pleiades Quadrant and between this Quadrant and the Galactic Center are starting to repeat themselves, and there's nothing that we can do about it. It's happening, folks! Prepare for the unexpected! This Great Cycle should be in full swing by 21 December 2012 CE. Mark your calendars!

But returning to the history of Nibiru andiamat, our planet had a much colder environment than today. The humanoid population, which our paleontologists and the like call "Neanderthals", were hardier and hairier than we are. They lived in caves to take advantage of the natural internal warmth of Tiamat. These early Tiamatians were directly descended from ancestors in the Pleiades, a fact that can be amply verified by the history and mythology of the Mayas and the Polynesians, to name a couple. However, the Pleiadian origins of Tiamat in the first place will not be discussed in this brief history. That is for another time and space.

This solar system was internally stable 500,000 years ago. But an unanticipated, strange event occurred. One of the larger planets from the Sirian System had strayed off course eons before and had drifted our way. This planet had been unwittingly captured by our Sun and thrown into an extremely elongated comet-like orbit, lasting 3,600 of our current years, with its aphelion at the Oort Cloud, the very boundary of the Sun's gravitational field. It is approximately the size of our Planet Neptune. It is populated with a reptilian super-race governed by an elite aristocracy known as "the Nefilim". The general population is known as "Anunnaki" (Sumerian) or "Anakim" (Old Testament). At the time of this event, the Planet Nibiru was being ruled by Emperor Alalu and Empress Lilitu.

After its capture by our Sun, the Planet Nibiru slowly began to suffer atmospheric deterioration. The governing "Council of Twelve" headed by Emperor Alalu met in emergency session and concluded that in order for their planet to survive, a heat-shield of gold dust would have to be constructed to protect their atmosphere and prevent a cooling off of the planet, which would have been disastrous for a reptilian-based existence constantly dependent upon external heat sources for bodily warmth. They began an immediate exploration of their new solar system. A fleet of spacecraft was dispatched to Tiamat and other planets in an attempt to search for gold.
Source

Knowing all this, is it such a stretch to think perhaps the stories are real? I am certain I am not the only one who has connected these dots....

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
S&F!

The Nebra Sky Disk fascinates me since I first heard about it.

You have a good theory here to think about, it's quite intriguing how you put things together ...... it could very well be so, it makes sense how you explain it here.

There are so many theories on Nibiru that I do not know what to believe anymore though ....

Thanks for some info that's new to me:

The Planet Nibiru is also known to some as Pleiadian Federation Flagship.
Nibiru was originally a planet that was thrown out of orbit with the implosion/explosion of Sirius B. It wound up in the Pleiades and therefore is known to some as a Pleiadian planet.

www.nibiruancouncil.com...

If you’re theory however would comes close to the truth it would deff. explain some of my own facinations for certain issues.

Peace!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Just a visual note....
I deal with some gold tranfer paper, and that looks very similar to hammered plate or thin sheet material, and the missing piece looks ripped to me, and the arc you see could be from anything if it is a soft gold or other thin material inlaid on the disk.
I'm not argueing that this is the case!!!
It just gave me that immpresion at 1st look without reading your theories, I thought how sad that a historical piece had been ripped and/or damaged, but hey maybe I'm the one mistaken like the ppl that fixed it!

I like your idea and timeline theory.....worthy of a flag none the less!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
What originally struck me as odd about this piece was- not only its rarity, and the fact that it was celestial related- was the chunk missing out of the Sun.

Is a chunk of the sun missing or is their gold missing from a section of it
being because it is very old?!

I see a very clear outline of a circle depicting the sun.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The theory of our Solar System actually being a binary solar system is not new. The internet has plenty of information on the subject.

Humans have not been around long enough to say anything with any amount of certainty about what is and is not out roaming around not only our solar system but beyond that as well. It would be extremely egotistical and self centered of us to think we know everything about our own solar system. We've only just begun to explore it. Spending 3000+ years looking up a the sky hasn't even begun to make us experts.

my 2 cents

[edit on 20-1-2010 by wdkirk]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
But, the biggest unanswered question in my book is... Why "Fix" a historical artifact when usual an artifact of this caliber is kept in it's "Found" state. If we are gong to start "Fixing" Historical artifacts, maybe we should repair the Sphinx next.... Why not dredge up the titanic and buff that up too?

The point is... why did they repair it in the first place?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

Interesting... what are your sources?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

A facinating idea op, however the chunk missing from the sun appears to me to be an artifact of age, not intent. Considering how nice the shapes are overall on the object, the missing portion is quite ragged in comparison and as noted aready you can see the engraving of the circle.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by freshwreckage
But, the biggest unanswered question in my book is... Why "Fix" a historical artifact when usual an artifact of this caliber is kept in it's "Found" state. If we are gong to start "Fixing" Historical artifacts, maybe we should repair the Sphinx next.... Why not dredge up the titanic and buff that up too?

The point is... why did they repair it in the first place?

I'm going out on a limb and calling hoax on this object.
Huckleberry already pointed out its thin hammered texture.

As well, the ...geniuses who created this plate failed to realize that the sun appears to be the same size as the moon in reality - and never that the moon, a CRESCENT MOON!, would look bigger.

Just as well, the missing piece makes no sense. IF one was to take any of the gold, they would take all of it. So it was poor craftsmanship? That sounds more like the work of a modern person...

Again, why all the focus on the pleiades? Quite a bit of detail for everything... but the boat looks like it'd never make it past sand (or launchpad).

Nope. This plate is a horribly drawn smiley face that arrogantly stares down the wise and says, "They're eating me up!"

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Very interesting post, normally items like this are hidden away for years before even being cataloged. I'm sure hitler would have spirited this one away as a relic of the aryan race if found in the late thirties.

I have to say... it does look new....

I couldnt see your sun unfortunately but I did see an indication of a map of europe in the mottling effect on the metal lol.

does not look 'repaired' at all though, if it is ... it's not very good.

I have added the 2nd arc and missing stars (apart from 2nd star on arc)

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ainsley]
Link edit*

Link edit*

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There is way too much information available that proves that there have been very technologically advanced civilizations than even us. The pyramids for example are feats of total marvel. 1/100 of an inch between them, and that 1/100th is some form of concrete that is quite hard.

Also rain weathering on them, which show that back then, Egypt and such were probably lush furtile places. Its not unimaginable... Climates change, and obviously theirs did.

These are my views, and from what ive read well founded ones too. There is tons more, and quite entertaining to read. Unfortunately TPTB decide what is mainstream news, and what isn't... So the only proof we can get is via the internet these days (well most of it).

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
what is called "the pleiades" on this disk isn't much like the actual pleiades at all.

the disk has seven nubs arranged in a bunch. The bunch doesn't even resemble what the pleiades looks like in the night sky and it is missing the depiction of at least one prominent member of the star cluster.

see here for an actual on the cluster: pleiades

but, perhaps it was merely a sighting interpretation.
It's possible this device was used by early agrarians as a calendar of course to determine when the best time was to start planting seed according to solstice and equinox times.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Great thread!

Keeping in mind the saying about opinions, this is what I think.....

Nibiru. I think it could have existed. It coinsides with what modern science and ancient myth say about how our moon came to be. I believed that if it is due to show up again here in the next year or so, we would have seen it with the technology that we have today. Not saying its not there, just that I think that we would have seen it.

Where did we come from? I believe that we were created by a civilization that was here to mine the planet for natural resources. We were a product of their genetic engineering of some of the indigenous life along with their own DNA. That is why there is no missing link in the evolutionary record, becasue we were made. We didn't evolve. Those who made us were not Gods, they were an advanced civilization. What is the best way to control people? Religon. That is why we believe they were Gods. We were created to serve. In essence, slave labor.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aoxoa
There is way too much information available that proves that there have been very technologically advanced civilizations than even us. The pyramids for example are feats of total marvel. 1/100 of an inch between them, and that 1/100th is some form of concrete that is quite hard.

Also rain weathering on them, which show that back then, Egypt and such were probably lush furtile places. Its not unimaginable... Climates change, and obviously theirs did.

These are my views, and from what ive read well founded ones too. There is tons more, and quite entertaining to read. Unfortunately TPTB decide what is mainstream news, and what isn't... So the only proof we can get is via the internet these days (well most of it).

And in what way does this disc prove anything at all more technological than we in our current state...?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join