It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vows to hit back if attacked by Western ship in Gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Iran is now surrounded on 3 sides. We have troops in Iraq, Afghanistan and on ships. Not much wiggle rooms for them and their newly developed nuclear weapons. Good thing someone has them in check because the 57 OIC countries don't seem to mind that Iran is fully armed and ready to shoot at the infidel.

That would work really well if the game was chess. But our forces in Afghanistan are in no position (or numbers) to mount more than a stout defense against an Iranian incursion.

In Iraq, we are in the middle of a build-down and so many of our forces are transitory, moving to various stations on a long route out of country. A serious Iranian incursion into Iraq would meet little or no resistance at first and then, only a rolling defensive action thereafter for the immediate future.

Iran has a seriously good army, especially those units attached to the Revolutionary Guards. But I can't see Iran provoking a conflict with the US right now because they live the dream of waltzing into Jerusalem someday... and they'd need ever warm body they can muster for that one.

Just my opinion but... the upcoming war with Iran will be largely in the air and with small special force type ground units applied as commando raids by both sides.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Wow does someone have to be a member of the Israeli Internet Defense Forces to join this little love fest or can anyone join in?

I found this great article written over the weekend that actually accurately describes the current situation inside of Iran.

Now I know most of the IIDF and their brainwashed Neoconservative supporters hates when reality intrudes on their mission to bring us the most laughable propaganda on the face of the earth but in case any of you really want to know how much further you have to go and what needs to happen first in Iran for you to see it take place you might want to read this well written and insightful article.

Regime Change in Iran? Don't Bet on It ... Yet

The dramatic images of protesters in Iran fearlessly facing -- and sometimes countering -- the brutal attacks of the regime’s security forces rightly gain the admiration and sympathy of viewers in the West. They also leave many Westerners assuming that this is a preamble to regime change in Tehran, a repeat of history, but with a twist. After all, Iran has the distinction of being the only Middle Eastern state that underwent a revolutionary change -- 31 years ago -- which originated as a mild street protest.

Viewed objectively, though, this assumption is over-optimistic. It overlooks cardinal differences between the present moment and the 1978-1979 events which led to the overthrow of the Shah of Iran and the founding of an Islamic Republic under Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. History shows that a revolutionary movement triumphs only when two vital factors merge: it is supported by a coalition of different social classes and it succeeds in crippling the country’s governing machinery and fracturing the state’s repressive apparatus.

Two Movements, Two Moments

A short review of Iran’s 31-year-old revolution is in order. In February 1979, the autocratic monarchy of the Shah collapsed when the country’s economy ground to a halt due to strikes not only by the religiously observant merchants of the bazaar, but also by civil servants, factory employees, and (crucially) leftist oil workers. At the same time, the foundations of the modern state -- the armed forces, special forces, armed police, and intelligence agencies, as well as the state-controlled media -- cracked.

The street demonstrations, launched in October 1977 by Iranian intellectuals and professionals to protest human rights violations by SAVAK, the Shah’s brutal secret police, lacked both focus and an overarching set of coherent demands articulated by a towering personality. That changed when Khomeini, a virulently anti-Shah ayatollah exiled to neighboring Iraq for 14 years, was drawn into the process in January 1978. From then on, the ranks of the protesters swelled exponentially.

Altnet.org

Just thought I would share this bit of great news.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Wow does someone have to be a member of the Israeli Internet Defense Forces to join this little love fest or can anyone join in?

I found this great article written over the weekend that actually accurately describes the current situation inside of Iran.

Now I know most of the IIDF and their brainwashed Neoconservative supporters hates when reality intrudes on their mission to bring us the most laughable propaganda on the face of the earth but in case any of you really want to know how much further you have to go and what needs to happen first in Iran for you to see it take place you might want to read this well written and insightful article.

Laugh out Loud indeed. The late great Mother Jones magazine online showing their usual incomprehension of international affair.

Brought to us by the Ayatollahs' self-appointed mouthpiece.

A pity really Iran took a wrong turn when Khomeini died. Ayatollah Montazeri was being warmed up for the Supreme Leader (aka Fearless Leader) position. He actually had a sense of decency and compassion and would have staunched the bloodletting and corruption that was getting up to speed.

Instead they went with Khameini who has show repeatedly he's a paranoid schiz with delusions of grandeur. Never trust a religious fanatic who actually believes his won rhetoric.

The Revolutionary Guard have figured out where things are going and I sense there was something of a quiet counter-revolution coup d'etat in the last election.

Mr A is now the Guard's man, and to his credit does want to overturn the corruption of the Ayatollahs particularly his biggest opponent is Rafsanjani.

We'll see where that goes.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I thought it was a very insightful article and laid out the key dominos that would have to fall in order for another revolution to take place?

Did you actually read it Michael my friend?

There will be a quiz later so careful how you answer!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
The current Iranian regime has the option of going on with their business without making provocative pronouncements at every opportunity. They don't have to make threatening remarks to Israel in press releases. Neither does it help domestic affairs to gund and arm Hamas and Hezbollah or interfere with political affairs in Lebanon, Stria, Yemen or the Sudan.

These are decisons they've made.

Can you see any other region in the area that does not have foreign goverments interfering?
Iran may be interfering in a regional capacity rather than interfering in areas seperated by oceans.

If I was getting bullied, I would try my hardest to get as much support from my neighbours as possible after watching others in the area being victims of those same bullies.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I thought it was a very insightful article and laid out the key dominos that would have to fall in order for another revolution to take place?

Did you actually read it Michael my friend?

There will be a quiz later so careful how you answer!

I just responded with my reflexive one-note rhetoric without actually considering points being made.

Actually I've discovered a new better informed source of insight into Middle East affairs - translated from Farsi. Not for this audience, I'm afraid.

Current Western thinking. Worn out it's welcome Iran is being given enough rope to hang itself . They have mastered the fine art of shooting themselves in the foot. Why not let people just do what they do best?

Expect some really dumb moves any day now.

The new focus is on Yemen. Lotsa untapped oils, more easily dispatched religious nutjobs, fewer military hassles.

It will be Saudi Arabia Jr in 5 years.

M

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This is what I was afraid of, you haven't studied for the quizz!

No TV, no video games, and no dessert until you read the article!

I just love those Israeli translations of Farsi, very creative, you would think there would be more Israeli authors and movies with that kind of creativity afoot!

I really have never understood how Iran has developed such a much more modern country with no Western Aide and Israel remains such an armpit!

Maybe its because they never study for their quizzes and big tests?

One thing is for certain with all the bluster and sabre rattling nothing appears to be going to happen to Iran or in Iran anytime soon to change the status quo.

Kind of reminds me of the Earthquake in Nigaruage that famed out fielder's Roberto Clemente crashed into the ocean when going to deliver relief aide, the people just stood at the shore every day waiting and watching, waiting and watching thinking he would show up alive some day on the tides.

I couldn't help but stop by to cheer you all up!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I just love those Israeli translations of Farsi, very creative, you would think there would be more Israeli authors and movies with that kind of creativity afoot!

I really have never understood how Iran has developed such a much more modern country with no Western Aide and Israel remains such an armpit!

I don't read Israeli sources. Too predictable and lacking depth.

Iranians in exile and a couple French and British guys with insider information courtesy of an Iranian ex-diplomat friend..

Israel pretty much off the map with the Obama admin. It's all about untapped oil reserves now. Iran being left to it's own devices.

Don't be too surprised if there's a nuclear test misfire soon. Some secondhand black market purchases of suspicious pedigree.

The wonderfully booming buoyant robust economy in ebullient land of plenty Ayatollah Iran just got hit with a massive oil infrastructure repair bill.

New plumbing needed. Real serious. A few billion and plenty of root cnal work needed. No one smiling.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just because China wont be taking part in the sanctions doesnt mean it wont happen.

I seem to remember China vetoing any use of force against iraq and what did the US and it allies do? They operated OUTSIDE of the security council.

Originally posted by la2
'impending sanctions'?

No further sanctions will happen, China has said it will veto any furthr attempts at sanctioning Iran.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

While I agree an Iranian general sitting on the shoreline couldnt spot 90warships.. Iran has UAV's, space tech and sub's/ships themselves.

plus, Isnt the US's major navy base in Bahrain? wouldnt Iran have spies watching this area?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

So how come China is on Iran's side, they're not muslims or terrorists?

Surely if there is a majority vote for sanctions, then so what if China acts like a Muppet!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Warships need oil too.

Iran has every right to feel threatened becuase they are the only ones going against the grain atm. Doesn't look good.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Iran should learn from America.
If America has the right to 'pre-emptively' attack a said thread that was taking an aggressive stance toward them, other nations have that right too.

But I think thats exactly what America and Israel want. If Iran lobs something FIRST, world opinion will be against them.

If AMERICA and/or Israel do it first, the eastern world will probably stand against them.

Thats why we have been standing at the edge for so long, no ones dumb enough to make the first move.

..... but that doesnt mean one isnt dumb enough to make it 'appear' like the other made the first move... eh dick?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
" Iran vows to hit back if attacked by Western ship in Gulf "

I think if the Iranians are really serious about their threats here , then they are going to need a Bigger Pile of Rocks .........

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If Israel had the brains (which they have) and the balls (not sure), then they would create a False Flag attack with some crude low yield nuke on Gaza and the tunnels.

This would get rid of all the Muppet Terrorists there as well as the Iranian arms / weapons being used on Israel.

Then Israel could say "Hey Mr Pyjamas, you just tried to wipe us off the map but you kinda missed us!"

"We will do the same to you but do it properly!"

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I wonder if they read these posts?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

P.A.R.A.N.O.I.A

This is so ridiculous, It's getting to the point that when anybody farts Iran takes it as a threat!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

P.A.R.A.N.O.I.A

This is so ridiculous, It's getting to the point that when anybody farts Iran takes it as a threat!

So you would feel comfortable with a foreign country puting warships and military bases all around you while at the same time calling you a part of the axis of evil?

yeah, they are probably being paranoid, the west has only ever had the interests of Iraqi, Afghani and pakistani peoples best interest at heart.
I am sure the Iranians feel safe in the cacoon of protection offered by the west.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by munkey66]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

P.A.R.A.N.O.I.A

How dare you fart at Iran. That is an insult to all muslims.
Now Iran will have to build more nukes because certainly this fart threat is going to be followed by more bad behavior by the infidels!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
So you would feel comfortable with a foreign country puting warships and military bases all around you while at the same time calling you a part of the axis of evil?

So when exactly was the last time President Kowtow, I mean President Obama and his administration used that phrase?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

So when exactly was the last time President Kowtow, I mean President Obama and his administration used that phrase?

nice try, but didn't answer the question, just deflected it to one part of the question, rather than the whole question, it doesn't matter if they are or are not still being called the axis of evil, more troops are building up in a region.

Presidents change all the time, but policy remains the same.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join