It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vows to hit back if attacked by Western ship in Gulf

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
International waters bud and its not like Iran is the ONLY country in the area.....there are LOTS of countries in the region. So yes, Iran is PARANOID.

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by princeofpeace

P.A.R.A.N.O.I.A

This is so ridiculous, It's getting to the point that when anybody farts Iran takes it as a threat!

So you would feel comfortable with a foreign country puting warships and military bases all around you while at the same time calling you a part of the axis of evil?

yeah, they are probably being paranoid, the west has only ever had the interests of Iraqi, Afghani and pakistani peoples best interest at heart.
I am sure the Iranians feel safe in the cacoon of protection offered by the west.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by munkey66]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
For the record Proty,

Read all the way through Dilip Hiro's piece. Could tell from the opening it was an apologist piece just by his phony numbers on Iranian education. More universities he says. This of course ignore the fact that they're all Shiite religious studies and a few low level technical schools.

On the annual list of top universities in the world, the much touted Tehran University weighs in at a pathetic #368, essentially saying it's not even on the map. The significant top 150 ranking contains multiple of serious national educational institutions. In approximate order American, British, Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Israeli, Korean, Argentinian, Mexican.

The number of quality of universities has always been an accurate gauge of a country's future.

And Hiro is one of a hundred London based whore academics making a living as propagandist for hire by the Saudis and Iran. Note he glides over the economy and focuses only on the developing South Tehran - which is just becoming the suburbs of North Tehran, the Manhattan of the country.

A lame propaganda piece. He's probably paid a dollar a word rather than flat fee given how padded it is.

M

[edit on 19-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
reply to post by la2

So how come China is on Iran's side, they're not muslims or terrorists?

Surely if there is a majority vote for sanctions, then so what if China acts like a Muppet!

The security council would have to vote on that. China is one of the 5 permanent members on the security council, which means if they "veto" something the entire thing goes down the drain.

But, since when does the US and their allies work exclusively under the SC

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A word search of replies indicates no one has stated the obvious.

The West is getting ready to impose sanctions on Iran for their failure comply with the demands being made to end their uranium enrichment operations via a naval blockade. The number of ships is being raised to enforce the blockade.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by john124

While I agree an Iranian general sitting on the shoreline couldnt spot 90warships.. Iran has UAV's, space tech and sub's/ships themselves.

plus, Isnt the US's major navy base in Bahrain? wouldnt Iran have spies watching this area?

I recall last year that Iran has 200-300 mph super torpedoes! - there really is no defence for that kinda attack thrust for ships I think- super technology from Russia/China ?
Anyway they have some tools but the paranoid leadership is nuts . Freedom loving people dont deserve the paranoid crack down . Iran is in bed with Ivan for the long haul and no good end for either if they attack Israel . Ezek 38
my .02
y

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Actually what I noted was an assessment of what my friends in the SAVAK are telling me.

Still a long way to go before they get the Shah's son on the throne, but they are still hoping to before they all reach the nursing homes!

That's a pretty accurate depiction of the actual demographics on the ground over there, with independent corroboration from the most serious and best funded faction on the ground over there which is the prince’s effort as he is the one with the most to gain in the regime change since it will be him the regime is changing too.

I know you were impressed with the article; you just can’t let on that Israel which shares the goal of putting the pro-West, pro-Israel prince back on the throne there is still that far away.

I keep telling you the Zionists propaganda really is not up to snuff for this day and age.

Talk about stubborn Michael!

It isn’t my fault Israel ends up with so much egg on its face in the increasingly amateur grade drivel it keeps putting in the press.

I know you remain opposed to me doing the make over but call the Queer Eye for the Straight Guys or something already.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Don't be too surprised if there's a nuclear test misfire soon. Some secondhand black market purchases of suspicious pedigree.

Might that be from Pakistan? How many Pakistani military officers would become willling to ship a ready warhead or two for Khamenei to play with.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Might that be from Pakistan? How many Pakistani military officers would become willling to ship a ready warhead or two for Khamenei to play with.

No, post Soviet bloc break-up. Originally from the Ukraine or Belarus probably. Military personnel grabbed what they could during the meltdown and sold tons of stuff on the underground market. Items have changed hands a couple times since - the price always going up exponentially.

Revolutionary Guard have co-op arrangements with Pakistan's ISI. Central governments of both countries out of the loop. A few high level rogue military types onside.

Biologicals and adjunct of all this. The Iraqi biological warfare material hidden away in Syria by the Russian military.

Everyone is concerned Iran will flip out and use this stuff. The Russians particularly. They're next door.

This is what all the political jockeying is about, not what you read in the papers.

M

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
International waters bud and its not like Iran is the ONLY country in the area.....there are LOTS of countries in the region. So yes, Iran is PARANOID.

They are not only PARANOID.

They are also being delusional.

It's all about IRAN.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Actually what I noted was an assessment of what my friends in the SAVAK are telling me.

Still a long way to go before they get the Shah's son on the throne, but they are still hoping to before they all reach the nursing homes!

You should inform your friend the world has changed in 30 years. He may think Israel is the centre of the Universe and that anyone even remembers the late Shah had a son.

30 years is a long time in the modern world. A lot of things changed between 1915 and 1945. A lot changed between 1979 and 2009.

When you and your friend learn to manage respective obsessive-compulsive disorders and find out what has happened in the last two three decades you'll be in for some surprises.

But feel free to claim I'm a Zionist infiltrator disinformation agent or some such. Some people around here enjoy this children's book approach to world events.

M

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If your having a battle group change over then you could easily have 90 ships together. The Iranians don't exactly sit far away and watch though, they like to get as close to the ships as they can. I remember when I was stationed on the ex USS Kitty Hawk they would fly their P-3's around us as close as they could without passing over the flight deck, close enough to see they wore bright orange flight suits. On other occasions they would bring their gunboats close enough to get a really good look at them and the loaded guns. Not to mention there coastline is littered with Silkworm anti ship batteries.

On a side note they openly stated they would attack and sink the ex USS Vincennes (CG-49) because of the Iranian airliner that got shot down by her. She never went back to the gulf, and was the only ship at Yokosuka naval base not to deploy to the gulf, sorry if I rambled.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Silverado292]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Yacov

Supercavitation:
en.wikipedia.org...

Supercavitation is the use of cavitation effects to create a large bubble of gas inside a liquid, allowing an object to travel at great speed through the liquid by being wholly enveloped by the bubble. The cavity (the bubble) reduces the drag on the object, since drag is normally about 1,000 times greater in liquid water than in a gas.

High-Speed (Supercavitating) Undersea Weapon:
www.globalsecurity.org...

More advanced subs?
Super Cavitation and the Truth:
defensetech.org...

And finally the defense against Super Cavitation:
Gas-bubble lesions in stranded cetaceans:
www.eurocbc.org...

"...Here we present evidence of acute and chronic tissue damage in stranded
cetaceans that results from the formation in vivo of gas bubbles, challenging the view that these mammals do not suffer decompression
sickness. The incidence of such cases during a naval sonar exercise indicates that acoustic factors..."

Granted the article I was able to find in short notice is about the "new active sonar" and its effect on whales, in particular beaked whales, it causes bubbles to form all throughout the blood stream or in vivo, which means in the blood. If it does that to whales, it is an easy reach to see what may happen to a torpedo in a bubble traveling at 200 knots.

Another article on Ultra-loud active sonar:
Activists say sonar kills whales. The Navy isn't listening.
www.truthout.org...

"The whales that we observed swimming toward shore and stranding were only temporary survivors of an acoustic holocaust that can be likened to fishing with dynamite," wrote Balcomb in 2001."

I am looking and I will find the article I read that directly states that low frequincy sonar is used as a defense against super-cavitation.

Edit: added more evidence..

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Dookie Master]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
All I can think of is the report that came out roughly 3 weeks ago that told of Israel planing to hand out gas masks to all of its citizens . Myself , I see this as the most telling action to have taken place . Let us remember these gas masks do have a shelf life and can only be used for a period of time as well .

If something is going to happen it will coincide with the gas masks as Israel surly doesn't want to make a policy of handing out gas masks every 3 months .

As for the U.N and who has a veto I can say one thing with certainty , it will surly be talked about more here at ATS then it will ever be spoke of by anyone in Israel , unless they are telling a joke of course .

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

You should inform your friend the world has changed in 30 years. He may think Israel is the centre of the Universe and that anyone even remembers the late Shah had a son.

30 years is a long time in the modern world. A lot of things changed between 1915 and 1945. A lot changed between 1979 and 2009.

When you and your friend learn to manage respective obsessive-compulsive disorders and find out what has happened in the last two three decades you'll be in for some surprises.

But feel free to claim I'm a Zionist infiltrator disinformation agent or some such. Some people around here enjoy this children's book approach to world events.

M

Michael, Michael my dear Zionist Infiltrator Disinformation agent or some such friend, you know I never hold these things against you!

Being a genuine Royal in Possession of a Throne like the Peacock Throne that spans not just centuries but nations and dynasties is never irrelevant.

I guarantee you this guy can pick up a girl with credentials like that a whole lot easier than you or I can.

He can also get Presidents and Queens, and Emirs, and Pashas, and Prime Ministers, and Emperors to not just return his phone calls but answer them.

If you have followed news accounts at all, and traced half the propaganda in the various press and Internet on Iran its actually emanating from the Prince’s various foundations, organizations, and media outlets he owns and controls.

Now do you think he is spending a fortune to destabilize the regime in Iran out of the kindness of his little old corrupt black heart?

It’s very sad we can never have an intelligent intellectual exchange on these intriguing power plays and world events because of your part time job with the IIDF.

I love you all the same though!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Michael, Michael my dear Zionist Infiltrator Disinformation agent or some such friend, you know I never hold these things against you!

Being a genuine Royal in Possession of a Throne like the Peacock Throne that spans not just centuries but nations and dynasties is never irrelevant.

I guarantee you this guy can pick up a girl with credentials like that a whole lot easier than you or I can.

He can also get Presidents and Queens, and Emirs, and Pashas, and Prime Ministers, and Emperors to not just return his phone calls but answer them.

If you have followed news accounts at all, and traced half the propaganda in the various press and Internet on Iran its actually emanating from the Prince’s various foundations, organizations, and media outlets he owns and controls.

Now do you think he is spending a fortune to destabilize the regime in Iran out of the kindness of his little old corrupt black heart?

It’s very sad we can never have an intelligent intellectual exchange on these intriguing power plays and world events because of your part time job with the IIDF.

I love you all the same though!

I love you too Proty4millions.

Too bad you can't learn new tricks. Someone already pointed out elsewhere to your Peacock Throne speech that this is just another heartwarming fairy tale without any basis in reality. All Iranian thrones are now called the Peacock Throne. It's just symbolic.

The British installed Pahlevi wartime as he was more compliant than his badass daddy. But no important one has any attachment to the Pahlevis, originally from India if I recall. Maybe his mommy and aunties.

No one in Russia longs for the dear departed Romanov family. No one cares much about the whoever was at the top of the heap in China before the Revolution.

No one in Iran gives a damn about some useless twit son of a dead Shah no one cared for in the first place. The US, British, CIA, are not idiots. No one is going to try to foist some numbnuts on the Iranian people in 2010. Don't insult their intelligence.

Again, wake up and smell the coffee. It's the 21st Century. Stuff has happened in the past few decades. Things do change. Really, they do!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
What if they were attacked by an Eastern ship?
Does it matter really? ....
Sounds like more propaganda...almost like when those "Iranian rescue boats ran into a US naval fleet"....

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

No one in Russia longs for the Romanovs, no one in Iran gives a damn about some useless twit son of a dead Shah no one cared for anyway.

I should be required to enter these debates with one eye closed and bang my head 20 times against a wall first to make them fair.

I can look up about 100 posts you have made about how the Iranians life has gone down, down, down, hill since the Shah's regime, and now....

You are saying no one liked him????

Seriously Michael, the IIDF really needs some new strategies!

You have basically just torpedoed half the Iranian arguments you have ever made with just that one statement.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

No one in Russia longs for the Romanovs, no one in Iran gives a damn about some useless twit son of a dead Shah no one cared for anyway.

I should be required to enter these debates with one eye closed and bang my head 20 times against a wall first to make them fair.

I can look up about 100 posts you have made about how the Iranians life has gone down, down, down, hill since the Shah's regime, and now....

You are saying no one liked him????

Seriously Michael, the IIDF really needs some new strategies!

You have basically just torpedoed half the Iranian arguments you have ever made with just that one statement.

Iran has gone down the tubes unless you're related to some Mullah or Revolutionary Guard type. At least that's the common perception of about 70 million Iranians not fortunate enough to enter the nouveu riche ranks.

I talk about the Iran on planet Earth., today You talk about the one is somebody's dream world. The Good King will ascend his Peacock Throne again courtesy of the Demonic CIA and Hebrew Devils.
Your mythology for the modern era.

The Ayatollahs and the Rev Guard have driven the country into the ground economically. Not because I say so. It's in the hard numbers, the GDP, the drain of built up wealth to the outside world.

The oil is not the best grade and expensive to extricate. The Rev Guard investing in refineries outside the border put the military in a vulnerable spot if there's ever a war. Now the military have already disowned the central govt naming the Rev Guard as the problem.

I've never once said anything bad about the Iranian people. Just the clowns who have taken control of the country.

They're welcome to try and eliminate every Jew on Earth if they think it will solve any of their problems. Uncle Adolph thought so too. Maybe the 12th Imam will come back sooner.

But the difficulties 70 million people in Iran have to face with lunatics at the helm will not go away because it fits the bizarro fantasies of some deluded folks.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If the United States decides to staged another false flag and then blame Iran, which would not surprise me. We will have world war 3, why I say this is China and Russia depends on Iran oil for their country’s energy needs, both countries have billions in oil contracts.

An attack on Iran will be an attack on China and Russia and trust me on this, both counties will defend Iran.

That is why it would not be feasible for the United States to attack Iran; it would be a “global devastation,” however, it would be an easy way to introduce a one world government, or NWO if such an event would occur.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it until a false flag pops up to suggest that Iran drew first blood.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join