It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vows to hit back if attacked by Western ship in Gulf

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Iran vows to hit back if attacked by Western ship in Gulf

www.haaretz.com

Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi said there were now more than 90 war vessels in the Gulf - a waterway crucial for global oil supplies - and that they had created a "military environment" there.

They included submarines, aircraft carriers and destroyers, he said during a conference in Tehran on the Gulf.
Advertisement

"What is the reason underlying the deployment of this many warships and what aim are they pursuing ... are they arrayed against Iran?" Fars quoted Vahidi as saying.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wow....more than 90 vessels from the western powers are now in the gulf!!

So why this build-up? Is Iran just being paranoid or is there something more substantial going on? At any rate that is an awful lot of hardware in a not so large area. Things could easily get out of hand just by mistake. Is the west just deploying all this hardware in the face of impending sanctions to make them look "serious"? Is it just fronting or posturing or is a strike going to accur soon? Spring is on the way.......

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I thought those fleets had sat their for quite a while now... not sure if there has been an unusual build up... Anyone know different?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The only thing i had seen was about a week or so ago on Debka (i know i know) they said another US carrier had entered the area. Maybe that carrier arriving tipped the scales from "yeah theres some stuff here to now there is a LOT of stuff here" (from Iran's point of view).

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Well carriers never go any where on their own... A carrier group is usually like 20 vessels isn't it? Not to mention all the planes and choppers... If a carrier group wants your lunch money you hand it over.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I understand, We, (that is the UK) swap out our ships all the time... As do the US and any other Navy that have ships stationed in the Area (I'm sure others do)

During operation Taurus 09 last year we had ships stationed in the Gulf, while the Taurus fleet (Amphibous Assault fleet) passed close by..

I would have thought at times like that, where you have a stationary fleet and passing fleet, would be the time that Iran would start shouting the most.. as those converging fleets would make me nervous..

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Until I see pictures of said war ships -- and 90 would be pretty easy to spot -- I'm going to consider this propaganda. I also find it suspicious that this would be reported right after Iran vowed revenge for the killing of their professor. Justifying an offensive to come perhaps? Fear-mongering? Not sure. But I don't buy that there are swarms of war ships suddenly surrounding Iran and at the ready. The timing doesn't make sense. Just my thought.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The regime would love this claim to be true - they wouldn't hesitate to broadcast videos of it anywhere they could if they had counted 90 ships.

Vahidi esp. would love it. Look at his history.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Iran's nomination for defence minister is likely to be approved despite being linked to a bombing in Argentina, an influential politician has said.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad nominated Gen Ahmad Vahidi - even though he is wanted by Interpol for the 1994 attack on a Jewish centre that left 85 dead.

Here's another Baghdad Bob moment for the regime today:

www.jpost.com...

Tensions between the Islamic Republic and Great Britain continue to mount over what Teheran says are "the ongoing attempts of Great Britain to affect the internal affairs in Iran," with a draft bill moving through Iran's parliament calling for an end to relations between the two countries.

According to Iran's Mehr news agency, 36 Iranian parliamentarians signed the draft last week, and it is now before the Iranian Parliament committee on foreign relations and security. Iranian state television reported that the committee would consider the bill, and that if it were approved,Iran might sever its ties with the UK.

"Until now we cooperated with Great Britain in 10-12 different spheres. Currently we are scrutinizing this cooperation with the magnifying glass considering the events of last six months," said Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki at the 19th International Conference on the Persian Gulf, which got underway in Teheran on Monday morning.

According to Iranian sources, the committee described the proposal as "hasty," but said it would be considered anyway.

Mottaki is another one of the extremely crazy one's with deep hatred for his little satan.

Interesting how this has happened after rumours surfaced that the British embassy staff have all left their embassy, with a few Iranian staff left to process visa applications.

These are all predictable events and with regime officials now barking their loudest so far about clamping down on protests, and with the regime's birthday next month - events will start to become really nasty. No war initiated by the west - it's just not needed. Although in desperation the regime may look to provoke Israel (thread earlier on about Hezbollah & missiles/bio weapons), and continue in their failure to convince their own people that the US are getting ready to attack.

And I'm almost certain they'll take out Ahmadinejad & blame the west, and then use this as an excuse to crack down on more opposition people, and attack more Israeli diplomats (as they recently tried & failed to do in response to the regime killing of an opposition physics professor - who was a quantum physics, not nuclear!).

[edit on 19-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Until I see pictures of said war ships -- and 90 would be pretty easy to spot --

You must have good eyes to be able to spot 90 warships and subs dude....
It's not like 90 rubber-ducky's in the bathtub we're talking about here.

It's a large waterway.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

You must have good eyes to be able to spot 90 warships and subs dude

So you agree Vahidi woukd probably not be able to see them either?

Would it be so difficult to take pictures of a warship that were spotted by him or the military? Wake me up when Press TV has them on their front page!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Iran is starting to remind me of a little dog. You know one of the "toy" breeds. The one that feels so inadaquate that it has to yap at everything in order to give itself some confidence. I usually refer to them as "forty yard" dogs, because, if one bites my ankle I am going to punt it "forty yards".

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Would it be so difficult to take pictures of a warship that were spotted by him or the military? Wake me up when Press TV has them on their front page!

Have you ever heard of something called a "Radar"?

Because that is what they use to find out information such as this.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Iran is predictable in that they whine and moan about being victimized and "not going to take it any more" at every opportunity.

While other countries quietly developed their nuclear programs, Iran issues weekly updates.

If they ever stop the rhetoric and the threats it will be time to worry.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

I'm sure the Iranian's have a birds eye view of the region and radar.....

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's all, blame Iran. Isn't it? Well, seems like that on the news each time I turn it on. You wan't to know who is really to blame? The idiots in charge of creating the Nuclear Bomb. Exactly what the hell were these dumb***es thinking? No wait. Were they even thinking at all?

Many conflicts would not have even existed if we concentrated on eradicating materials that make up these nuclear weapons. But no. Instead, we start a nuclear race and expect no consequences from it.

Hell. You don't even use them, and the consequences of using them today, then you got everybody pressing the red button.

This crap is just another stain on the human race. However, I'm all good with the Extra Terrestrials watching over ICBM's and Nuclear Missile Test Facilities, and a big thanks goes to them for completely disabling some of them.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDeath
It's all, blame Iran. Isn't it? Well, seems like that on the news each time I turn it on. You wan't to know who is really to blame? The idiots in charge of creating the Nuclear Bomb. Exactly what the hell were these dumb***es thinking? No wait. Were they even thinking at all.

The current Iranian regime has the option of going on with their business without making provocative pronouncements at every opportunity. They don't have to make threatening remarks to Israel in press releases. Neither does it help domestic affairs to gund and arm Hamas and Hezbollah or interfere with political affairs in Lebanon, Stria, Yemen or the Sudan.

These are decisons they've made.

Everyone in the world is not so much objecting to Iran having nuclear capability as they are with the particular regime of Ayatollahs and Republican Guard having their finger on the trigger.

There are aggressive and irresponsible governments that make themselves into pariah states under their own volition.

The people of Iran themselves are concerned with the results of the Islamic Revolution unleashed on the country 30 years ago. The quality of life in the country has diminished, millions have fled.

Something is very wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Because that is what they use to find out information such as this.

Assuming NATO isn't deploying any stealth ships, then you are probably right about radar.

news.bbc.co.uk...

10 June, 2004

The Swedish Navy is testing out a new ship which is believed to be the most "invisible" yet. The Royal Navy and the US Navy both have plans of their own for similarly futuristic "stealth" ships. BBC News Online investigates the shape of the future of naval warfare.

The regime could easily make NATO look really stupid by giving evidence of the radar traces to their friends in the UN, or pass the evidence on to Turkey - a NATO member. As usual, I predict the regime not to ever show their "evidence" and therefore as usual - they're barking like a little inadequate doggie.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The Persian Gulf is the most militarized body of water on the planet, outpacing even the waters around the Korean peninsula, and the Mediterranean.

Reasons for it are varied, but first and foremost because of the oil that passes through it to the west. The US keeps a presence that grows and ebbs according to the current political climate, as do most of the NATO nations and those of Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc.

But to be absolutely sure; the US would not have more than a single carrier inside the Strait of Hormuz if there was a real chance of hostilities with Iran. That narrow straight is a choke point and the US Navy would evacuate those capital ships rather quickly rather than allowing them to become trapped in that small area.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Iran is now surrounded on 3 sides. We have troops in Iraq, Afghanistan and on ships. Not much wiggle rooms for them and their newly developed nuclear weapons. Good thing someone has them in check because the 57 OIC countries don't seem to mind that Iran is fully armed and ready to shoot at the infidel.

la2

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
'impending sanctions'?

No further sanctions will happen, China has said it will veto any furthr attempts at sanctioning Iran.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join