It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vows to hit back if attacked by Western ship in Gulf

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
If the United States decides to staged another false flag and then blame Iran, which would not surprise me. We will have world war 3, why I say this is China and Russia depends on Iran oil for their country’s energy needs, both countries have billions in oil contracts.

An attack on Iran will be an attack on China and Russia and trust me on this, both counties will defend Iran.

That is why it would not be feasible for the United States to attack Iran; it would be a “global devastation,” however, it would be an easy way to introduce a one world government, or NWO if such an event would occur.

I guess it's easier to be anti-American than realize what's really going on in the world.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Based entirely on the thread title: ' Iran vows to hit back if attacked by Western ships in Gulf '

makes sense, no ?

After all, we in the West deem it acceptable for OUR leaders to declare PRE-emptive strikes are justified

So why would anyone question Iran declaring it will merely retaliate if struck ?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is a disgrace.

How can someone be allowed to defend himself in this day and age!

All citizens and states must disarm themselves and submit to the authority of Zionism and the NWO.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Based entirely on the thread title: ' Iran vows to hit back if attacked by Western ships in Gulf '

makes sense, no ?

After all, we in the West deem it acceptable for OUR leaders to declare PRE-emptive strikes are justified

So why would anyone question Iran declaring it will merely retaliate if struck ?

Because like the Jews were once considered subhuman rats, and African slaves considered subhuman trash Muslims today are considered as subhuman rats.

So, we don't expect or allow rats to fight back then why those creatures in Iran?

[/sarcasm off]

When will you people realise that the NWO affiliates are a bunch of terrorist baby killing, women murdering genocidal eugenicist maniacs that will stop at nothing and throw your complaints into the bin as soon as they arrive in the post?

How many genocides does it take for man to realise it's being murdered and persecuted?

Here's my adaptation of Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) poem:

"First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for the Africans, and I did not speak out—because I was not an African;
Then they came for the Muslims, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Muslim;
Then they came for the Religions, and I did not speak out—because I was not a part of any religion;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out."

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Why all the anti-Americanism?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is what I hear from Iran:

blah, blah, ZIONIST REGIME, blah, blah, GREAT SATAN, blah, blah, ATTACK BY THE WEST.

blah, blah, PEACEFUL NUCLEAR PROGRAM, blah, blah, BOMB ISRAEL etc, etc, etc....It never stops and it I grow tired of Iran and their whining all the time. Just stop it already.

Make your nuke and shut up. Iran is like a little whiny kid that needs a nap!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Sense says...

blah, blah, ZIONIST REGIME, blah, blah, GREAT SATAN, blah, blah, ATTACK BY THE WEST.

blah, blah, PEACEFUL NUCLEAR PROGRAM, blah, blah, BOMB ISRAEL etc, etc, etc....It never stops and it I grow tired of Iran and their whining all the time. Just stop it already.

Make your nuke and shut up. Iran is like a little whiny kid that needs a nap!!!!!

It's called saber rattling and it really is annoying and part of the culture that won't go away. Yes, I'm tired of it too. It works psychologically to wear down the enemy, then they behead you. Why anyone would be proud of such a culture is beyond me. I much prefer the Jesus, Love and Hedonism of the West.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
reply to post by Jinni

Nonsense!

It has nothing to do with America... I NEVER SAID THAT. They are good and honest people and bad people in every nation on earth. This is about the world establishment that uses nations and religions to make people fight against each other JUST LIKE YOU ARE DOING IN YOUR POST.

It is about evil 'elite' human beings that have alliance to no state but themselves.

Stop trying to create division and anti-this and anti-that.

I see you are clearly FOR the persecution of the above mentioned peoples that includes the American people with your stirring up.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
So you would feel comfortable with a foreign country puting warships and military bases all around you while at the same time calling you a part of the axis of evil?

Originally posted by munkey66
nice try, but didn't answer the question, just deflected it to one part of the question, rather than the whole question, it doesn't matter if they are or are not still being called the axis of evil

Yeah OK what ever.
No deflection aye?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

reply to post by Jinni

Nonsense!

It has nothing to do with America... I NEVER SAID THAT. They are good and honest people and bad people in every nation on earth. This is about the world establishment that uses nations and religions to make people fight against each other JUST LIKE YOU ARE DOING IN YOUR POST.

It is about evil 'elite' human beings that have alliance to no state but themselves.

I see you are clearly FOR the persecution of the above mentioned peoples that includes the American people with your stirring up.

So you are anti-Elite because you are not... elite...?
So what does that make you then? And what is your role?
What about the elite warlords that are funding destruction in cities like Mumbai and Bali?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by JJay55]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I talk about the Iran on planet Earth., today You talk about the one is somebody's dream world. The Good King will ascend his Peacock Throne again courtesy of the Demonic CIA and Hebrew Devils.
Your mythology for the modern era.

The Ayatollahs and the Rev Guard have driven the country into the ground economically. Not because I say so. It's in the hard numbers, the GDP, the drain of built up wealth to the outside world.

It is entirely possible through some use of quantum mechanics we are living on two different parallel earths where mine just happens to be nicer!

And I hate to correct you but they are Zionist Devils, my seminal works here on ATS actually not only paint a huge and real difference between Zionists and Jews but actually defend the Jews in them against not just Zionists but people who want to confuse Zionism with Jews.

On my parallel earth the nicer of the two we seem to each have going, the Jews are victims of the Zionists and Rome.

But here once again we see you heavily contradicting yourself as one moment you are saying no one liked the Shah as in no one, and then you are busy as a little contradictory bee trying to paint a picture of an Iran that’s been in decay since the Shah even though Iranian society has transformed from a two class society of super wealthy elites and dirt poor impoverished masses to now have a much higher standard of living for the poorest, better and much more educational opportunities for them, a much larger and growing middle class, and wealthier merchants and some industrialists, even some who are Orthodox Jews who don’t want to leave Iran no matter how desperately Israel tries to bribe them too.

You claim that the GDP has gone down, while ignoring the fact that the GDP has gone down EVERYWHERE in a economic crisis that is gripping the world, and you also overlook that Iran made this remarkable transformation while under an array of sanctions and restricted trade imposed on it by the West for kicking out the Shah, and starting out from a starting point where most of its foreign assets were frozen by sanctions and are still frozen to this day to further disadvantage them from the start, a start that also included the CIA manipulating Iraq into attacking them in a lengthy prolonged war.

Yet still they have advanced their society and quality of life for everyone living in Iran and not just the Elite as we tend to do here in the West, where the rich get richer at the expense of the middle class and the poor.

Further you don’t post the numbers that you claim backs all this up, or who compiled those numbers that you claim back you up, but simply state that the numbers you haven’t posted, and the source of those numbers you haven’t posted don’t lie…

While all along most of us know that the IIDF members generally do nothing but lie, and most of their sources of information do the same.

You really should look for that worm hole and make it to my planet Earth it really is a lot dreamier and nicer as you say! More peacably inclined and loving too!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

reply to post by Jinni

Nonsense!

So you are anti-Elite because you are not... elite...?
So what does that make you then? And what is your role?
What about the elite warlords that are funding destruction in cities like Mumbai and Bali?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by JJay55]

Yes you have been caught instigating division and hatred of nations, religion, people, creed with statements like "anti-americanism".

Again you fail to acknowledge your failure but 'try' to pick on something else.

I PUT ELITE in quotes. This means they are trash that have gained power by hurting others. People are against NWO because they have at least a grains worth of honesty in them. Those that stand up for justice, honesty, love, care, prosperity are the real ELITE. So that rules you out!

The NWO are behind all attacks and they use false flags to do it but I'm sure you knew that already

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hard to exchange info with you Proty because you're not really here to discuss anything. Just prove you're right, whitewash evey Muslim world transgression (it's all in response to oppression from the US & Evil Zionists) and to vilify Israel. All while claiming to love peace, liberty, etc.

The Shah was a bad guy. Maybe an 8 or 9 on the scale of rotten Middle East dictators. He ruled with an iron fist and terrorized his own people. But the country was at fairly secular and coming solidly intro the 20th century. The Shaw was cruel, but he wasn't nuts.

I could roll out the numbers for the rounded up and executed when the Islamic Revolution got going. Tens of thousands as I recall.

Then the response after winning the war with Iraq. Altogether a millon died in that Holy War which accomplished nothing except to devastate the economy, and the deaths of innocents.

You're incapable of taking in numbers on Iran's economy and will find some article from some mouthpiece somewhere telling how everything is bliss today. The wonders of Google, somewhere there's an article that is saying exactly what you want to hear.

But as miillions who have fled in despair all know, Iran is f*ck*d while those Ayatollahs are in power with the Revolutionary Guard behind the scenes.

The Iranian population since the wondrous Islamic Revolution has gone from 39 million to 75 Million. The oil wealth is not being spread evenly, blown on military adventurism and fattening the accounts of the clerics and Rev Guard cronies.

A 75 million populations need industries. Vital education and skill sets for thing like microprecision technologies are not keeping pace. Agriculture is not sustaining the 36 million more mouth to feed. No one wants Iranian carpets any more.

It's the 21st Century. Going back to the 11th Century days of the Caliphate is not a workable plan.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

You're incapable of taking in numbers on Iran's economy and will find some article from some mouthpiece somewhere telling how everything is bliss today. The wonders of Google, somewhere there's an article that is saying exactly what you want to hear.

But as miillions who have fled in despair all know, Iran is f*ck*d while those Ayatollahs are in power with the Revolutionary Guard behind the scenes.

The Iranian population since the wondrous Islamic Revolution has gone from 39 million to 75 Million. The oil wealth is not being spread evenly, blown on military adventurism and fattening the accounts of the clerics and Rev Guard cronies.

Laugh out loud Michael do you even think your arguments through before committing them to the web?

Iran is so bad off and so horrible that 2 million people have fled, yet the population has almost doubled in size?

So the corrupt elites, and their managers and families fled since they could no longer rule through corruption and in their absence the population grew two fold and attained a new level of overall health, education and welfare that had elluded them and been denied them when those elites were in charge?

Your excuses for not posting any credible source for your imagined contentions are just that excuses, meanwhile you continue to contradict yourself in every argument you put forward as if the only person who understands the English language on these boards is your self.

You are right about one thing though, I love watching you set yourself up and then knock yourself back down!

It's more fun than the Cartoon Network, which happens to be my nickname for the Israeli, Internet Defense Forces!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I completely agree with this statement.

Though, if I may alter your words for a second... more like a little whiny kid that needs a spanking

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
It's the 21st Century. Going back to the 11th Century days of the Caliphate is not a workable plan.

But you can see that there is mindset that the plan is still in motion to reach that destination. I find that amazing, especially the strength and determination, even here on ATS which is only a tiny piece of the universe.
So let them make the attempt, should be fun to watch the shiiit hit the fan.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA

I completely agree with this statement.

Though, if I may alter your words for a second... more like a little whiny kid that needs a spanking

Then the whiney kid gets a spanking and claims he's the victim.
Same ol', same ol'.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yess, another country in need..and again the USA will invade for "help"
I do expect america to invade Iran..it is fortold, this does not surprise me..it is in the nature of america.
But still on this site with so much information about how these wars are manufactured for private corporation benefit, some are still backing up their government on this crap.
This IS about america, this IS about people like some here really believing they are saving some poore Iranian or Iraki from tyrani.
Yankee go home!
Like the wealth of america is fairly distributed!
So now america can invade a country because the rich are too rich and the poore to poore? What else are you pro-war willing to accept as a reason to invade a country? Like any kind of reason will do, some are so ignorant they would buy ANY reason.
Bring home your soldiers from all over the world and build up your country from scratch, you really need it.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Laugh out loud Michael do you even think your arguments through before committing them to the web?

Iran is so bad off and so horrible that 2 million people have fled, yet the population has almost doubled in size?

So the corrupt elites, and their managers and families fled since they could no longer rule through corruption and in their absence the population grew two fold and attained a new level of overall health, education and welfare that had elluded them and been denied them when those elites were in charge?

Your excuses for not posting any credible source for your imagined contentions are just that excuses, meanwhile you continue to contradict yourself in every argument you put forward as if the only person who understands the English language on these boards is your self.

You may not be aware but this is just a thread on a conspiracy site discussion list. Not even a drop in the bucket for this market alone which must include a few million messages weekly.

Most people around here are immune to learning. It's just looking for ammunition feed one's skewed, narrow or paranoid views. Most popular themes: are I hate authorities, I hate the US, I hate Jews.

Fun but adolescent.

There are things that go on between men and women that result in the production of babies. A lot of this in Iran over the last 30 years. The population increased accordingly. This is not unusual.

As for the facts and figures of the Iranian economy - well I've posted snippets before. I just relay what is known. Check for yourself. You know how to use Google. There are also items online not about Israeli transgressions or from PressTV.

Try some of the blogs by Iranians not working for the state.

Here's the first one I randomly caught, an economist in Dubai. From 2007. Things are much worse now:

aryamehr11.blogspot.com...

The revolutionary era that began in 1979 has proved an economic catastrophe for Iran. US sanctions, colossal capital flight both under the Shah and the clerical regime, gasoline subsidies, erratic policy making, corruption, mismanagement of state companies, the economic monopolies of the bonyads (foundations) and the Revolutionary Guards, the international banking credit freeze engineered by US Treasury and the devastation from the war with Saddam’s Iraq have all contributed to Iran’s economic sclerosis.

Even though Iran earns more than $40 billion in oil revenues, Bank Markazi has $60 billion in central bank reserves and NIOC pumps more oil than any state owned oil company in the Gulf other than Saudi Aramco, the economic metrics of revolutionary Iran are pathetic.

The state influences 80 per cent of the Iranian economy. Iran pumps a third less oil in 2007 than in the last year of Reza Shah Pahlavi’s reign in 1978. The jobless rate is estimated above 25 per cent. Gasoline rationing, unpaid wages low teacher salaries have triggered riots and street protests. Iran barely attracts $1 billion in FDI, one tenth the level of Turkey or Egypt, both comparable economies.

The stock market has crashed since the election of President Ahmedinijad and his subsequent attack on the economic reforms and the business elite of the Khatami and Rafsanjani era. Iran’s uranium enrichment programme has only provoked US sanctions and deepened its international isolation. Even though Iran enjoyed a petrodollar windfall with $75 crude oil, no less than 150,000 Iranian university graduates emigrate each year and wealthy Iranians are desperate to find offshore nest eggs for hidden cash.

President Ahmedinijad campaigned on a platform of economic populism, fulminating against “oil mafias” and “capital speculators”, the cynical elite of past-Shah Iran, often the progeny of top Iranian officials and clerics. Yet the president’s erratic decisions have only worsened Iran’s economic malaise. Ahmedinijad ordered banks to slash interest rates during a time of high inflation without even consulting the governor of central bank or the minister of planning. The president also ordered the minimum wage to be increased by 50 per cent, thus ensuring that endemic unemployment became worse. His calls for “justice shares” for the poor in Iran’s state owned companies have been the kiss of death for the private sector’s interest in the regimes embryonic but deeply flawed privatisation programme.

Ahmedinijad has also strengthened the economic power of the Revolutionary Guards, awarding them valuable concessions, monopolies and a $2.3 billion contract to develop the South Pars natural gas oilfields. Now that the Bush White House has designed the Revolutionary Guards a terrorist organisation, vast swathes of the Iranian economy are off limits to foreign investors.

International banks UBS, Deutsche, HSBC, Credit Suisse and Barclays have also ended their financial ties to Iran under American pressure. The US Treasury has also blackballed Bank Saderat and Bank Sepah from the international money markets, accusing the banks of financing arms shipments to Hezbollah and nuclear component smuggling.

Iran’s economic failure cannot be blamed on President Ahmedinijad alone. US sanctions have prevented Iran from importing American technology to develop its industrial base or oil infrastructure. While oil sales account for 80 per cent of Iranian exports, Teheran’s buyback terms and corrupt bureaucrats have inhibited production joint ventures with even Indian, Chinese and Russian oil companies.

The IMF estimates that Iran state subsidies on gasoline, food, housing, bank credit and fertiliser account for 25 per cent of GDP, a recipe for economic disaster. Government spending in Iran has gone ballistic with the rise in crude oil prices. The gasoline subsidy ensures Iran has the cheapest petrol in the world, a major factor that explains Teheran’s clogged traffic, pollution and oil smuggling syndicates. The billions of dollars Iran wastes in subsidising gasoline should have been used to build local refining capacity or upgrade ageing oilfields in a rational world but the economics of revolutionary Iran is anything but rational.

The state owned foundations (bonyads) wield extraordinary power in Iran, owning hundreds of companies whose output is 25 per cent of the national GDP. They enjoy tax subsidies and preferential access to the banking system that enable them to simply “crowd out” the private sector. Privatisation in Iran has proved an illusion, a mere reshuffle of state assets among companies owned by rival fractions in the theocratic elites of Qom and Teheran.

It is ironic that though the merchants of the Teheran bazaars were the financiers of Ayatollah Khomeini in the last decade of the Shah’s regime and the pistachio magnate Ali Akber Hashemi Rafsanjani became the president of Iran and is still the regime’s eminence grise and power broker, no pro-business political party exists in Iran’s political constellation.

The arbitrary intervention and quixotic decision making of President Ahmedinijad has dealt a serious blow to investor confidence. Iran’s economic failure is all the more poignant given the financial success and wealth creation in the GCC. The economic malaise of revolutionary Iran has hit its young hardest, 800,000 of who graduate from university each year in an anemic job market. This is a political time bomb for the regime in the years ahead.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gusan
Yess, another country in need..and again the USA will invade for "help"
I do expect america to invade Iran..it is fortold, this does not surprise me..it is in the nature of america.
But still on this site with so much information about how these wars are manufactured for private corporation benefit, some are still backing up their government on this crap.
This IS about america, this IS about people like some here really believing they are saving some poore Iranian or Iraki from tyrani.
Yankee go home!
Like the wealth of america is fairly distributed!
So now america can invade a country because the rich are too rich and the poore to poore? What else are you pro-war willing to accept as a reason to invade a country? Like any kind of reason will do, some are so ignorant they would buy ANY reason.
Bring home your soldiers from all over the world and build up your country from scratch, you really need it.

Yeah, Haiti didn't ask for any help, they sent the message that they could handle it on their own. They didn't want any help and all the outpouring is just an inconvenience for them now. Damn.

Another anti-American practicing freedom of speech and probably a product of American welfare with too much time on their hands who can spend it in ridiculous argument on the internet. hmmmmm.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join