It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama proposes covert agents to monitor ATS, among other indepenent websites!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
In order to be taken seriously and respected, it is assumed you need to be above reproach. Everything you do in life is capable of being twisted to make you look bad, or stupid, or anything else.

Therefore, anything associated to a forum like this has automatic reproach.

Just by participating here and any other forum, you tag yourself as being someone who could have an interest in things that make you a potential problem. Any forum. Writing a letter to the editor, or signing a petition at the book store is enough to tag you.

You want to run for office - all I need to do is bring out a log of you being on a forum like this. Now you're CRAZY.

Why would people who want to discredit you EVER want to get rid of that.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Agreed, but why throw gas on a fire,
anyway its more than just some speech dweezleteets gave pre obama.
Its an entry through the back door, and just like the cancer this continued agenda has become, it will do nothing but make even more sick, our nation.
My experience is , once somethings gone that was...... it wont be coming back, so without my tinfoil derby, I say any breech is a breech.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
ok if i find something on google earth an i want to post it what are they chances it will be blocked out if so how many people do you think before they block it

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
lol a bit rash thats because its not been long since i discovered it i would love to post the co-ordinates
question is
how long will it take for them to block it out
and how many people will i reach before they do

????

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I feel my job is very threatening to the government.

Everyday I work I feel more and more like 9/11 was an inside job and the Congress is only there to help corporations. Every time I click my mouse at work I feel like maybe Congress should be replaced entirely. For every job folder that crosses my desk I can't help but think that Congress knows that Obama is not a natural-born citizen. Every word I type on my keyboard at work reminds me that eventually the government is just going to round-up American citizens and place them in REX-84 camps.

As you can see, it's probably a good idea for them to forgo infiltration of websites and maybe a better idea for them to just infiltrate my job instead. I could use the time off to spend with my kiddos.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dromadus

Originally posted by johnny2127

How about some examples of your statement please? Seriously, please provide some examples.

And to answer you question; the reason I am 'down' on Obama is because of all of his campaign lies and how he undermining democracy every step of the way.

OK, then I would like some examples from you of what lies Obama is telling and what he is doing to undermine democracy?

No problem buddy.

Here are some lies, many of which are what is weakening democracy:

1) All bills would be posted online for all to read for at least 1 week
REALITY: No bills are posted and they even hide them from Republicans

2) Health care debate and negotiation would be televised on C-SPAN.
REALITY: They lock the doors to all meetings, don't let anyone in besides Democrat leaders, Obama, and union heads.

3) Promised to roll back the Patriot Act and do away with warrantless wire taps.
REALITY: They renewed and strengthen all of these things that liberals used to complain about and now are silent on.

4) Said we would get out of Iraq within 16 months.
REALITY: Amended that timeline and now says they will leave 'only' 30,000-40,000 troops there.

5) Said he would reign in Wall Street
REALITY: quietly approved hundreds of millions in bonuses to his friends at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (which are taken over by govt now and losing 10's of billions). Billions approved to the Wall Street firms govt bailed out too.

6) Said he would not tax the middle class an extra cent.
REALITY: Cap and Trade and the Health Care bill add many taxes to the middle class

7) Said he would veto any bill that had pork in it
REALITY: There was more pork and paybacks to supporters in the stimulus and other bills. In fact, many democrats even called the stimulus the biggest pork bill they had ever seen.

8) Said he would close the door to special interests in his administration and prevent them from having influence on legislation.
REALITY: After signing his executive order about lobbyists, immediately wrote side letters exempting many of the lobbyists he was putting into his administration. Additionally, he cut deals with health care companies for their support. And gave a $60 billion bribe to Unions for them to support health care, while including them in the legislation writing process behind closed doors (even though all Republicans were locked out and not allowed).

9) Said no bills would be rushed and rammed down people's throat.
REALITY: Rammed stimulus down Congress' throat under the guise of saying we would immediately enter a depression we may not get out of, if that bill wasn't passed. Rushing health care legislation and won't even let it go to committee as is the usual process from fear of delay. The health care bills passed by the house and senate were both finalized less than 48 hours before Democrats forced a final vote, preventing anyone the ability to have gone through the entire thing.

Should I continue or do those lies and ways democracy has been weakened suffice?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by johnny2127]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

Agreed, but why throw gas on a fire,
anyway its more than just some speech dweezleteets gave pre obama.
Its an entry through the back door, and just like the cancer this continued agenda has become, it will do nothing but make even more sick, our nation.
My experience is , once somethings gone that was...... it wont be coming back, so without my tinfoil derby, I say any breech is a breech.

HappilyEverAfter, I wouldn't consider you a 'tinfoiler' because you actually carry on a dialog, consider what others say and have a conversation. In no way do I mind other opinions, especially those that can articulate why they believe what they do. My commentary was about those that are constantly paranoid and have mental disorders, and those that will not even entertain the idea that what they propose isn't true. I'll entertain any idea if someone can show me credible facts and logic to back it up.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
I don't get why everyone is so down on Obama, just look at this site and you will see that he is the hardest working president we ever had. This guy is constantly doing things that other presidents had groups for. I really am amazed by him.

How about some examples of your statement please? Seriously, please provide some examples.

And to answer you question; the reason I am 'down' on Obama is because of all of his campaign lies and how he undermining democracy every step of the way.

Here is your example. Go to the main page and then click recent posts. You will then be given a bunch of titles of threads. Depending on the day, every other thread can be about Obama doing something different to the US.

Argue all you want but really he is probably the most active president ever. I guess that's natural when you are the first anti-christ/Muslim/reptilian/black president.

SMR

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Obama proposes covert agents to monitor ATS

I cant seem to find that anywhere. Can someone please direct me to the paragraph or sentence where that is printed ...

No problem buddy.

Here are some lies, many of which are what is weakening democracy:

STAR on that one

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I don't get why everyone is so down on Obama, just look at this site and you will see that he is the hardest working president we ever had. This guy is constantly doing things that other presidents had groups for. I really am amazed by him.

Here is your example. Go to the main page and then click recent posts. You will then be given a bunch of titles of threads. Depending on the day, every other thread can be about Obama doing something different to the US.

Argue all you want but really he is probably the most active president ever. I guess that's natural when you are the first anti-christ/Muslim/reptilian/black president.

You said he is the most active President in history and individually does the job that most Presidents have committees and panels do. Going to recent posts, in no way back any of that up. When Bush was President, the board was filled with rants about him. Consequently, that did not prove Bush was the most active President in history. Come on, where are the real facts? Show me some articles or links to them talk about Obama doing the job and dozens of men on his own, or of him working the longest hours of any President in history.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If he is saying that stuff then they are probably already doing it, The question is what would they do with the info? Most of us are ready for them anyhow. Obama can shove it and we will expose them the second they start shouting their mouths off here.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
I feel my job is very threatening to the government.

Everyday I work I feel more and more like 9/11 was an inside job and the Congress is only there to help corporations. Every time I click my mouse at work I feel like maybe Congress should be replaced entirely. For every job folder that crosses my desk I can't help but think that Congress knows that Obama is not a natural-born citizen. Every word I type on my keyboard at work reminds me that eventually the government is just going to round-up American citizens and place them in REX-84 camps.

As you can see, it's probably a good idea for them to forgo infiltration of websites and maybe a better idea for them to just infiltrate my job instead. I could use the time off to spend with my kiddos.

Wow.... If that is what goes through your head all day I'm surprised you haven't jumped off a cliff yet. If all those things were true then by you thinking that way, you have really let them win. Life is far more then anything you can be subjected to.

You have some deep issues there.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Are they planning on having a debunking press conference every time they stumble upon a topic? Seems, that's out of the question.

What if they are wanting to know how much the public really knows about the world?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You said he is the most active President in history and individually does the job that most Presidents have committees and panels do. Going to recent posts, in no way back any of that up. When Bush was President, the board was filled with rants about him. Consequently, that did not prove Bush was the most active President in history. Come on, where are the real facts? Show me some articles or links to them talk about Obama doing the job and dozens of men on his own, or of him working the longest hours of any President in history.

Holy crap man, its called sarcasm. People can't make up their mind about why they hate obama they just hate him. My point is you have every little thing being blamed on him for stuff that doesn't even cross the mans desk. He is blamed for bush stuff ( see your reasons you hate him above). It is said he isn't serious enough and on vacation too much and then the next thread is the guy is doing x, y and Z.

Look at how emotionally tied up you are into hating this guy. Don't you find that a bit sad? You do realize that all these same issues were here before Obama and will be after him. It isn't just the president that makes all these changes. Take a break, get some fresh air and realize the only control somebody has on you is what you allow them to have.

This is just another perfect example of people bending facts to try and make a point.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Holy crap man, its called sarcasm. People can't make up their mind about why they hate obama they just hate him. My point is you have every little thing being blamed on him for stuff that doesn't even cross the mans desk. He is blamed for bush stuff ( see your reasons you hate him above). It is said he isn't serious enough and on vacation too much and then the next thread is the guy is doing x, y and Z.

Look at how emotionally tied up you are into hating this guy. Don't you find that a bit sad? You do realize that all these same issues were here before Obama and will be after him. It isn't just the president that makes all these changes. Take a break, get some fresh air and realize the only control somebody has on you is what you allow them to have.

This is just another perfect example of people bending facts to try and make a point.

In no way whatsoever do I hate Obama. Not one single bit. I just think he's a bad President. Pure and simple. Bush was a bad President, so is Obama. And of the items I laid out above, you say I blamed many of those on Obama but they were Bush's fault; which of any of those is that the case? Those were all things Obama promised and has since done the exact opposite.

To me it sounds like you didn't even read what I wrote above. Go read the things I pointed out, and let me know if you can defend any of them, or say he didn't do those things.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This seems to me, to be linked to the patriot act, bush jr. started...government listening and easdropping on public home phone lines... obama=bush* obviously, ATS is gaining more and more curious people..some topics are out of the ordinary, but when it comes down to how things really work in the FED, i think thats what thier scared of...how much the public is being informed of the truth*
Thiers one thing government likes, and its silence and productivity. obama dosnt wanna persue 9/11, not really so much a transparent governemnt..we are in danger. could be, they wanna see who posts things like, missing billions from federal reserve...becasue msot newspapers wont print that info..but ATS will. see my point? thats what thier scared of....how much YOU know. Bernenke and what goes on behind closed doors, how muich of our money went overseas...things like that.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Having agents, along witht he patriot act is NOT how democracy works...easdropping on its own children, citizens. thats what the ghestoppo did under Hitler* thats what the KGB under former russia. a freind at work lived in romania till about early 90's. older guy. He used to tell me how things were...forbidden to talk in public, msotly political things or if how much thier government sucks, yuode be arrested and grilled at the court. all over free speech. They didnt have a variety of markets, people basically went to work and home like an assembly line.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This action is not unusual considering where Obama is taking this nation, however; the agents are already in the blogs and chat rooms and have already for some time now been documenting every word we write or post. This should not come as a surprise to those that have suspected this for some time now.

While their actions up to this posting have been covert or classified enough to keep from the public, this new illegal push is trying to set a precedent in common law by making such bold moves of shutting down free speech on the Internet. In fact, any exchange or communication of ideas is soon to be a crime if it is counter to what Obama dictates.

Having someone monitor our postings and our comments is just the tip of the iceberg we as American face until we no longer tolerate the insanity and force the elected to act in accordance with the Constitution or face the consequences.

The current push is intended to solicit an angry response from Americans, but if I am correct, the government is pushing for some type of confrontation in order to justify further draconian communist and fascist actions from the illegal Obama regime.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I called Cass Sunstein's answering machine at the University of Chicago last Friday on the other thread I made last week about this.

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Cass R. Sunstein
Work Address: University of Chicago Law School, 1111 East 60th Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60637
Telephone: 773-702-9498 (business)
Fax: 773-702-0730 (business)
email: [email protected]

give him a call would ya

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It really was his number, and I left my name and phone number and the title of the thread here on ATS I had made in case he wanted to read it and get back to me personally with any comments.

So far I haven't heard from him.

Honestly some other folks here might want to give him a call too and let Cass politely know how popular his ideas are!

I did

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Good thing I'm not going to be on any list, I am anti-war, anti-violence, and generally a pacifist. I will defend myself... but I am against killing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join