It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am convinced it's sudden evolution.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I heard a theory about some Russian scientist who claimed to have used light in some way to change a frog's DNA into a salamanders. I began researching and I found LOTS OF SOURCES... unfortunately they were all from either ATS or some other amature website. That is simply not enough to convince me... I forget this Russian's name NOW but during my search I even looked him up on wiki and there was not even a page dedicated to him. So i think it was bullcrap, which kinda made me sad as it would explain how in 2012 our DNA could possibly change... so I gave up.

Then i found a book at Borders today called "Biology of Belief" and as I was reading, i began learning about how protein is basically DNA in some way, (I honestly don't understand it througholy yet...) but i began searching again, this time for a simple "What causes DNA mutations" and its official that DNA can mutate if exposed to nuclear radiation.

So is it possible that during whatever happens on 2012 it could still cause our DNA to evolve?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Yes, but know that basic science is in a lot of ways wrong. mainly because we messed up our most fundemental understanding of how reality comes into play. which is through the vaccum.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Through the vaccum, if you dont mind can you please elaborate on this alittle, by vaccum you mean vaccum of space right?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
try www.divinecosmos.com David has a write up on him there. Use the search function, but I think it may be in one of his downloadable books or something.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Also, off the top of my head, he has an article in there somewhere on Spontaneous Evolution, he found 2 Archeologists that have been studying the fossil records, and they pretty much came up with the same conclusion as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yeah that was one of the sources, but I wasn't sure whether I could trust it or not. It had a lot about NWO and illuminati and stuff and kinda made me think twice about it... plus the dude was pitching a 40 dollar charge to read his book... why would money matter 3 years away from such an event? just seems like the guy is a schemer.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sourcesonly

There is also a thing called forced evolution.

On youtube a guy put lactose n tollerant cells in a test dish, then put a dairy product as food for the cells.

Eventually the cells evolved and began using the dairy product as food instead of starving to death.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I understand what your saying, but you also have to see that this guy actually gives a lot away for free as well. Its the old adage that you have to earn some money somehow!

And it was fascinating wasnt it. Did you manage to look at his article about the fossil records and so on?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

That is interesting, do you have a link?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

We know radiation has mutative effects on genetic material, we've known this since before the "Bomb" was even finished. However these are typically very very VERY negative mutations we're dealing with. Deformities rather than advantageous gradual evolution. Evolution is driven primarily by environmental factors so while a massive dose of cosmic radiation might alter us it would likely do far more harm then good... or perhaps turn us all into the Incredible Hulk

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

No, but I am sure you can find it. I may have seen it on Discovery channel or history channel.

Youtube it, I am sure it's on there.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

seems like your searching for a subjective answer to begin with. you'll find it, just keep ignoring the truth.

mutations in DNA are caused by an error in protein synthesis without outside influence.

yes, science can influence a mutation, but what does that prove?

mutations are a degradation of DNA and the precept of evoution, that enough mutations will create something more advanced is just plain backwards.

if you had a quadratic equation and removed the exponents, how does that complicate the original equation? evolution?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by notsympl]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
As mention in a previous post, David Wilcock has an article about how a frog is transmuted into a salamander, but i think he wasn't able to fully test this theory as one of his sources turned out to be fake.

The theory about radiation 'causing' evolution is a very dubious one, Because a significant and beneficial change in DNA is so improbable that we can safely say is in fact, impossible: We have millions of cells in our bodies and each cell has LOTS of DNA, for a change to be coherent it would need to be made in all (or almost all) cells in the same way. A random process like radiation will not do that. In any case, it will make random changes to all cells, which means you are totally
as most of your cells will simply stop doing any coherent work.

The theory that do interest me, is the one that consider the possibility of all the so called 'junk' DNA, turned on under some especial condition. (Maybe the raising cosmic rays?)

[edit on 18-1-2010 by oshdra]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
There is also a thing called forced evolution.

On youtube a guy put lactose n tollerant cells in a test dish, then put a dairy product as food for the cells.

Eventually the cells evolved and began using the dairy product as food instead of starving to death.

that makes no sense.
lactose intolerant implies that an enzyme, lactase, is missing to begin with.

if it's missing from the cell, it's missing from the DNA. if it's missing from the DNA, the cell has no ability to make it

it's impossible for those cells, without lactase, without the ability to make lactase, to break lactose down.

that guy isn't being completely honest. a video does not prove anything without verifiable research.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by notsympl]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by notsympl

I think I saw it on Discovery or history channel, since it is so late i'll look for the video tomarrow to see if i can find it.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The short answer: No.

The long answer: Definitely not.

2012 will be a year just like every other one. 2012 will pass, and 2013 will happen, and all the 2012 believers will be red-faced and making up excuses as to why their harebrained ideas-posed-as-facts are incorrect.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There will never be a case of sudden evolution where we all grow wings and fly around all spiritually, sorry.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

2012 will be a year just like every other one. 2012 will pass, and 2013 will happen, and all the 2012 believers will be red-faced and making up excuses as to why their harebrained ideas-posed-as-facts are incorrect.

what makes you so sure?

from what i have seen in current events, 2011 is shaping up to be a very interesting controversial/ time altering year, as well as 2012.

something big is going to happen in these next few years.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157

Originally posted by davesidious

what makes you so sure?

from what i have seen in current events, 2011 is shaping up to be a very interesting controversial/ time altering year, as well as 2012.

something big is going to happen in these next few years.

2011 isn't happening right now, I think you mean 2010, and it wasn't controversial, there have been 1 maybe 2 big events that happened since new years, I don't see how you can project anything from that.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

if i were to only look at the events from 2010 i wouldn't be getting very far...

i said and meant 2011 is shaping up too be a interesting year because i think that's when the SHTF so to speak.

believe what you want thought, i could care less.

the whole point being here is just not to be ignorant to current controversial events.

it hasn't been that long since world war 2, and the people who controlled the world have not changed very much to the present day.

something is looming all that is needed is one quick trigger.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join