It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am convinced it's sudden evolution.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
reply to post by hippomchippo

if i were to only look at the events from 2010 i wouldn't be getting very far...

i said and meant 2011 is shaping up too be a interesting year because i think that's when the SHTF so to speak.

believe what you want thought, i could care less.

the whole point being here is just not to be ignorant to current controversial events.

it hasn't been that long since world war 2, and the people who controlled the world have not changed very much to the present day.

something is looming all that is needed is one quick trigger.

Shaping up, is reference to something happening already, 2011 is not happening already. I will continue to believe in reason and logic, I only hope you can do the same thing, and while I may agree that there are people controlling the world behind our backs, they have nothing to do with 2012 and there is nothing to 2012 but a marketing ploy targeted to people like you.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Marketing ploy? sorry?

what have i bought or spent money on, regarding 2012? nothing?

take a look at my my thread on the calendar of conscious evolution.

that is what i think is going on, not the end of the world.

simply a transition of ages.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

You say all that without a shred of evidence! It's ridiculous! You are sooo convinced of something you can't even demonstrate to yourself, and you act all indignant when other people point out the logical fallacy of believing in something without evidence?

reply to post by Dave157

You might not have spent anything, but you're getting information from people who are selling it to people like you who do buy stuff.

And you've not got any evidence for your "transition of ages" nonsense, either.

It's remarkable you expect anyone to take you seriously. But then I guess that's the crux of the 2012 movement - belief without proof.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Marketing ploy? sorry?

what have i bought or spent money on, regarding 2012? nothing?

take a look at my my thread on the calendar of conscious evolution.

that is what i think is going on, not the end of the world.

simply a transition of ages.

Yes, marketing ploy, you've seen it, don't act ignorant.
Maybe you yourself haven't bought anything, that doesn't make it any less of a marketing ploy, and if it's a transition of ages, how come this age doesn't end in 2012? If you are going by the astrological age, we still have around 600 years before the end of pisces

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

easy there internet warrior.

I never said i have a mountain of proof beside me.

i just stated my opinion for what it was.

your a narrow minded joke.

i could care less about the insults you try to throw my way.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

easy there internet warrior.

I never said i have a mountain of proof beside me.

i just stated my opinion for what it was.

your a narrow minded joke.

i could care less about the insults you try to throw my way.

Did you expect us to automatically say you're correct and we should all be dying our shirts tye-dye and wear grateful dead shirts?
Here at ATS we USUALLY try to find evidence for something before saying something as dramatic as ''I am convinced it's sudden evolution''

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

LOL, nice, but nope.

the point is there is evidence, but you decide to put up your blinders and avoid the majority of evidence there is out there.

time will tell i guess,

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

And I'm merely pointing out how your opinion is baseless, and how it is irrational to hold such an opinion. It's not an insult, but a statement of fact.

I'm not narrow-minded. It is not 'narrow minded' to require evidence. I will believe anything if someone can demonstrate it to be true. ANYTHING. God, the Loch Ness Monster, Dave157 being rational - ANYTHING.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

if you insist.

here is my thread on the Mayan calendar of conscious evolution.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ends in 2011, not 2012.

people don't even understand whats happening all around them, every day.

i know it's terribly cliche but "Wake up"

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

That's not evidence. It's conjecture. Thanks for playing, though.

NEXT!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

LOL, nice, but nope.

the point is there is evidence, but you decide to put up your blinders and avoid the majority of evidence there is out there.

time will tell i guess,

No, there is pseudoscience which has been thoroughly picked apart for what it is.
Oh, and those channelers ofcourse.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

Interesting I didnt know that.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I see no reason why cosmic rays can't create a sudden jump in evolution. The way most are taught about evolution being gradual is incomplete; false. Cataclysmic events do occur, and within a short period of time huge changes, mutations, and adaptations happen.

We're currently in an extinction phase. Humanity isn't immune from this event. We're all evolving at accelerated rates. You, me, humanity, and in fact every organism on this planet. The earth is a giant petri dish, and we've experimented to the Nth degree in the last 150 years. If civilization/globalization stopped tomorrow, still we would be on track for either extinction or evolution in the near future. We've mucked up the environment pretty bad. I doubt half of us will make it through this transitional state.

This has been happening for some time, and within the last decade or so has started to progress rather rapidly. Watch for more unheard of creatures found. Mutated fish, plants, animals, even humans. I doubt this has anything to do with 2012, and more to do with mad scientists working for the military and supranational corporations over the decades. Life's about to get a lot stranger.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

You are clearly not a biologist.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sourcesonly

Genetic Mutations usually result in 70% of these mutations having negative impacts, while the rest are either neutral or weakly beneficial.

I do think that we are going to "evolve" somehow in the next few years, however I don't think it will be because of some random natural side effect from radiation or whatnot.

Like it was mentioned earlier in this thread, lactose-intolerant cells, when placed in an environment with only lactose products, were able to "evolve" and use the lactose.

The same thing could happen to us in a sense: we could be "forced" to evolve because of some new condition that renders life very harsh or impossible for us in the future.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Nope, and I don't need to be.

Math and science were my favorite classes. I never made less than an A. It was mindless nonsense, mostly.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
wow this turned into a heated debate. lol there is no evidence to PROVE we will evolve suddenly... of course not. but i am choosing to believe it because I HOPE there is more to our species than what i'm seeing in this world..

if this is really how our species is... then i'm kinda disgusted with what humanity represents. and by the way...

Lamark > Darwin anyday.

If you perfer Darwin's 'everything must be violent, its natures way" then continue being the dark side of humanity...

instead, i'd perfer to be at peace with the world around me... because to me, i'd rather die knowing I had more respect for this world than my brothers and sisters who constantly raped it.

so yea, i'm hoping that we evolve suddenly in the next few years, then maybe the world will be sustainable for us to keep living on.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Telescopic Evolution

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sourcesonly

That's not what Darwin said at all. He said nature was intrinsically benign, and only traits not negative to the survival of a species would propagate. Those traits might be violence, but they might not be. Human kind is a great example of that - our altruism and empathy are our defining strengths, and without them we'd not have prospered.

If what you said is true, caring mothers wouldn't exist.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsympl
lactose intolerant implies that an enzyme, lactase, is missing to begin with.

if it's missing from the cell, it's missing from the DNA. if it's missing from the DNA, the cell has no ability to make it

Darwin and Mendel would like a word with you...
In fairness, I think there are some crossed wires regarding the wording - it is not as if one bacteria went from having no enzyme to having the necessary mechanisms for lactose digestion all by itself; there was a progression of successive generations under conditions that would strongly select for those organisms capable of processing the sugar.

Take from that what you will, personally I just think it validates conventional theories of natural selection and evolution.

Check out this link for a description of the experiment in question:
www.millerandlevine.com...

And this page that answers several questions and attempts to refute some criticism directed towards it:
www.millerandlevine.com...

All the best!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join