It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed Web video restrictions cause outrage in Italy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I have lived in Rome quite a long time, and lately there has been a trend towards censorship. What frightens me the most is that this is that both the current party in power (PDL) and the opposition agree on these measures. The opposition (PDL) which we call the PD "minus L" because of their tendency to be identical in politics providing no opposition whatsoever, have pushed for this censorship

Last year a law called Prodi-Levi sought the same restriction for all online messages because some old wigs consider writing a blog to be journalism. The law was repealed because of public outrage, you can expect the same this time around.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Good, I hope so.

Do you have any links to the public reaction of the said law?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
No offense to italians, but Italy couldn't organize a two car parade with it's government or it's bureaucracy.

They have the worst organizational skills of any western industrialized nation.

so, i wouldn't worry too much about it. lol

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Much confussion caused by misspelling.

It should have said "Communists Ministry".

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
"So anything that smells like a funny cat doing suspicious things in the bag on YouTube, may get shot. They will soon have a law that allows them to kill any and all anoying conspiracy cats."

I get it now, thanks for clarifying

[edit on 1/18/2010 by Hatcookie]

[edit on 1/18/2010 by Hatcookie]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Folks are you aware of how dangerous this is. This is the first really BIG step towards an actual enslavement and towards a real “1984”.

Firstly, the mere idea that citizens have to ask their government’s permission to post/spread information is fundamentally insane.

Moreover, as it turns out the posting/uploading of private videos is increasingly becoming THE MOST IMPORTANT source of information. Videos (not all but many) can have an unsurpassed expressiveness. Even more important: Videos (again: not all but many) can have an immense power to CORROBORATE FACTS. Hence, if you forbid (or maliciously increasingly "over-regulate”, a Government trick which equates to the same result) the posting/uploading of videos you massively restrict the possibility to CORROBORATE INFORMATION IN AN EFFECTIVE WAY!!! In other words: Without videos the whole internet community will again descend into a swamp of clueless and mere theoretical speculations - as in “medieval” times. Gaawwd. Without videos it will again become extremely easy for Politicians to fool their constituency and lie to them. Without sufficient videos it will again become extremely difficult to uncover even the tiniest hidden truth. Without sufficient video support websites like ATS will in the long run lose almost all significance. Discussions will again become unappealing, bland, merely theoretical, as they were up to 20 years ago.

If the INPUT of information is restricted, also the right to OBTAIN information will automatically become massively restricted, and in the long term useless. Of course we'd still (possibly) have the possibility to post images. But this cannot ever substitute the immense “information power” that videos can have. There will remain many fewer “tangible” subjects and facts to discuss, to start discussions, to underlie arguments.

As we all know the “freedom of information”, or whatever term we use for the subject, has always been, especially in the US and in GB, one of the very core human/constitutional rights. The right of information might even be THE most important of all human rights because ALL constitutional rights ultimately depend on the right of information, on being informed. So, if they restrict the right of information they also massively restrict all other constitutional rights. Example: if the “right to eat” is violated and tens of thousands of citizens starve, nobody will even notice if neither the MSM nor “sufficiently striking” privately posted information will cover the event. Result: The “right to eat” will be gone, annihilated.

Please flag this thread to support our Italian friends - and therewith ultimately also support ourselves. Italy is not only the birthplace of the Mafia, but also of plenty of humane thinking, human rights, justice (Roman Law) and historical figures like Da Vinci or Caesar. And we must now support THOSE Italians who try to fight the evil.

Probably the fate of the world, our fate, the fate of our children, will be decided through THIS fight that is now taking place in Italy. As explained the right to upload information/videos is utmost important. If the constitutional right of information is not fully upheld, if it perishes, a domino effect will spread hitting and destroying all other constitutional rights of our countries.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aecdbfe42e4e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-1-2010 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

" To see it from one of the greatest countrys on the planet "

the great fasces of italy great country,

A political storm has erupted around Italy’s gypsy community after a series of recent attacks prompted Silvio Berlusconi, the country’s prime minister, to suggest deploying 30,000 troops nationwide to combat crime blamed on gypsies and other immigrants.

sorry but that country and its people are cursed by the hand of god !

they deserve this

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
No offense to italians, but Italy couldn't organize a two car parade with it's government or it's bureaucracy.

They have the worst organizational skills of any western industrialized nation.

so, i wouldn't worry too much about it. lol

Hahahhah!

I am italian and currently in Italy, so I guess when I say you're right to the point it simply means it's true period. Or that I'm a self-defeating asshole. Which italians are. But please don't think the average italian is self-aware in whatsoever way. The italian firmly believes he is perfect and he has his reasons to be wrong all the time, and everyone should just shut up and allow him to make the mess he certainly will make.

The fault is always Berlusconi's. The fault for the pasta being over cooked, is Berlusconi's. The fault for the job they have sucks, it's Berlusconi's (well in this last case it's a tiny bit more his, I admit - after all he covers the position any italian wish they were in). They only and exclusively talk about him. They never say they're a bunch of ignorant morons, which is the real reason Italy sucks. Well some very intelligent people do. But the vast majority or people (morons) don't.

They ("we"...if it is my personal fault as well...but yeah I'm italian...) used to be leaders of culture four centuries ago.

Now they have one of the most provincial and bigot mentalities in Europe, and no industrial or artistic leadership whatsoever with very few exceptions such as high fashion in Milan. They (we) do have good food and that is culture, yeah, but in fields like literature and the arts there's been obscurantism for long. Sure, there is bigotry in the rest of the continent too, but italians are particularly so. They will never solve ANYTHING. That's because they never take responsabilities and they believe the only problem is Berlusconi for the overcooked pasta.

Berlusconi is just one problem in Italy. The real problem is the average italian. All italians have corruption in their blood. They love it.

And please fellow world citizens help me here when my fellow italians will get mad at me just because I said something you obviously realize it's true and they don't like it. Italians are easily angered.

But it's definitely not only Berlusconi's fault if the region at hands sucks major ass culturally and wouldn't care much if the arts and expression get killed by laws such as the one exposed in this thread. Italians are as numb as americans right now. I guess it's all down to this:

www.youtube.com...

I'll say it again, italians will never solve anything, except if some guy who is a bit different and has got some balls...

The thing is I don't think italians deserve to be saved. They deserve to be fed and collected like in the video. This is what they WANT. They do not like taking responsibility. You get what you want. This is why they are not, and will never, oppose themselves to being enslaved in these times. They thoroughly enjoy being so, they are ok with everything, they don't have special intentions, ambitions or a special taste on how life should be...whatever crap you give them they're fine. Just be careful the crap has got to be low-class and not particularly refined in taste or culturally. They don't like other types of crap.

Same for americans and pretty much all of the west and east I suppose. Sheeps are sheeps, being them italians or chinese of afghan. The average person of today is a sheep. And not a very cool one.

If the world has got to be saved, it's not for the mass of people...but for those who will still be here in fifteen years.

So will the people who can do anything about all this actually do something? I guess it's up to them while they scratch their balls. They might want to stay alive and reproduce.

These ten years will be a fun time anyway, that's for sure. Natural selection.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by purpleduck]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Since when have Italians ever listened seriously to their government?

Since when has the Italian government seriously tried to change mass behavior?

It is not in countries like Italy, Spain, Greece, etc that you need to worry about censorship. It is in certain northern European and some Asian countries, as well as the US, where there are long standing traditions of telling other people what to do and enforcing it that you need to worry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join