It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's ark ? How ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Have you seen the dimensions of Noah's ark ?

Noah's Ark was taller than a 3-story building and had a deck area the size of 36 lawn tennis courts. Its length was 300 cubits (450 feet, or 135 meters); its width was 50 cubits (75 feet, or 22.5 meters); it had three stories and its height was 30 cubits (45 feet, or 13.5 meters).

How do you think he did for make it only in 7 days ?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It probably wasn't made in 7 days if at all. Why is it every religious story seems to involve a 7? If someone actually made a large boat and attempted to collect 2 of every animal in the area would this person be a prophet or simply a blind squirrel finding a nut? Here is the reason I say this. It would be physically impossible to collect 2 of every species on earth. It would be impossible to reach them all. And impossible to store them all on a boat this small. I'm not sure if you could even pull this off on the worlds largest ship today. Another point is there is not enough water on the planet in liquid form to flood everything. There are people who today fear the end of the world is near and have some type of bomb shelter or another with provisions to allow for underground living for a period of time. If something major were to happen would they be seen as a visionary or just lucky? What defines a prophet and a nut is simply chance. I think it was Art bell that best described the Noah era. Talking about how the people were in tune with their environment. You had to be back then. You didn't have the weather channel. Maybe he was able to sense changes in the climate and surroundings like animals are able to. Maybe he saw the changes around him and decided to do something about it. Maybe his area had a history of flooding and he knew the changes that were coming would result in a much greater flood. The story about Noah is an entertaining story. Fun reading. But its just that. Its a story.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Nothing is impossible when God is involved.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
notice that noah didnt rescue any fish and yet they are still with us !

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
really i don't think he made it at all! but that just proves my point more... go your own way, don't follow the croud.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Genisis

5:32 And Noah was five hundred years old
7:6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.
9:28 And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years. 9:29 And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: And he died.

I'm not sure what bible you were reading but mine says it took him, his wife, his three sons and their wives 100 years to build it.

Noah lived 950 years.

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero_snaz
Noah lived 950 years.

lol, that is a medical enhancement in those days in age!

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The story of Noah is a direct lift of a Babylonian story called the Epic of Gilgamesh.
Use the Boolean search function and you will see that much has been written about the subject here on ATS.

www.ancienttexts.org...

zxx

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
It probably wasn't made in 7 days if at all. Why is it every religious story seems to involve a 7? If someone actually made a large boat and attempted to collect 2 of every animal in the area would this person be a prophet or simply a blind squirrel finding a nut? Here is the reason I say this. It would be physically impossible to collect 2 of every species on earth. It would be impossible to reach them all. And impossible to store them all on a boat this small. I'm not sure if you could even pull this off on the worlds largest ship today. Another point is there is not enough water on the planet in liquid form to flood everything. There are people who today fear the end of the world is near and have some type of bomb shelter or another with provisions to allow for underground living for a period of time. If something major were to happen would they be seen as a visionary or just lucky? What defines a prophet and a nut is simply chance. I think it was Art bell that best described the Noah era. Talking about how the people were in tune with their environment. You had to be back then. You didn't have the weather channel. Maybe he was able to sense changes in the climate and surroundings like animals are able to. Maybe he saw the changes around him and decided to do something about it. Maybe his area had a history of flooding and he knew the changes that were coming would result in a much greater flood. The story about Noah is an entertaining story. Fun reading. But its just that. Its a story.

Noah didn't need to find 2 of EVERY species on the planet earth. He just needed 2 of every KIND on the earth. He didn't need to bring insects because god said bring only the creatures that live on the ground and breath through their nostrils. Insects breathe through their skin, not nostils. And Obviously Noah didn't need to bring creatues that lived in the water either
. The thing that reallys gets me though is why do people automatically assume the creatues he's sticking on his boat are full grown? I mean wouldn't that be the stupid thing to do? It would be a hell of a lot smarter to bring baby animals. They eat less, live longer and don't take up as much room. Plus, According to the dimentions given to us in the bible, Noah's arc was roughly 3/4 the size of the Titanic.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by zxx]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There are stories of a great flood in most cultures. There isnt much that dicredits the flood part of the story. But Noah and his family building a big ole boat in a week is rediculous...even if "god" is involved. He may have built a small yacht and sailed aroudn during the giant flood, but nto a huge cruise ship for all the lil animals in the world.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Lord forgive me for this "little pun", but I just couldn't resist this thread.

My brother-in-law sent this to me and I thought I'd share it with you.

Aint this just the way it goes?

Noah's Ark Nixed by Planning Commission

And the Lord spoke to Noah and said, "In six months I am going to make
it
rain until the whole Earth is covered with water and all of the evil
people
are destroyed, but I want to save a few good people and two of every
kind of
living thing on the planet. I am ordering you to build me an ark." And
in a
flash of lightning, he delivered the specifications for the ark.
"Okay,"
Noah said, trembling in fear and fumbling with the blueprints.

Six months later it starts to rain. Thundered the Lord, "You had better
have
my ark completed or learn to swim for a very long time." And six months
passed. The skies begin to cloud up. Rain began to fall. The Lord saw
that
Noah was sitting in the front yard weeping. And there was no ark

"Noah," shouted the Lord, "where is my ark?" A lightning bolt crashed
to the
ground next to Noah. "Lord, please forgive me," begged Noah. "I did my
best,
but there were big problems. First, I had to get a building permit for
the
ark's construction project, and your plans did not meet code. So I had
to
hire an engineer to redraw the plans. Then I got into a big fight over
whether or not the ark needed a fire sprinkler system.

"My neighbors objected, claiming I was violating zoning by building the
ark
in my front yard. So I had to get a variance from the City Planning
Commission. Then I had a big problem getting enough wood for the ark
because
there was a ban on cutting trees because of the spotted owl. I had to
convince U.S. Fish and Wildlife that I needed the wood to save the owl,
but
they would not let me catch any owls. So, no owls.

"Then the carpenters formed a union and went out on strike. I had to
negotiate a settlement with the National Labor Relations Board before
anyone
could pick up a saw or hammer. Now I have 16 carpenters going on the
boat
and still no owl. Then I started gathering up animals and got sued by
an
animal rights group. They objected to me taking only two of each kind.
Just
when I got the lawsuit dismissed, EPA notified me that I could not
complete
the ark without filing an environmental impact statement on the
proposed
flood. They did not take kindly to the idea that you had jurisdiction
over
your conduct and you were the supreme being.

"Then the Army Corps of Engineers wanted a map of the proposed new
floodplain. Right now I am still trying to resolve a complaint from the
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission over how many Croatians I am
supposed to hire, and the IRS has seized all of my assets, claiming I
am
trying to avoid paying taxes by leaving the country, and I just got a
notice
from the state about owing some kind of use tax. I really do not think
I can
finish your ark for at least another five years," Noah wailed.
Then the skies began to clear. The sun began to shine. The rainbow
arched
across the sky and Noah looked up with a smile. "You mean you are not
going
to destroy the Earth?" Noah asked hopefully.
"No," said the Lord sadly. "The government already has."

nanna_of_6

zxx

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
There are stories of a great flood in most cultures. There isnt much that dicredits the flood part of the story. But Noah and his family building a big ole boat in a week is rediculous...even if "god" is involved.

That's funny you say that because supposidly he created this universe in 7 days.

Creating a boat with no masts just a basic boat (because he won't be going anywhere
) with the help of God doesn't seem too hard...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead
notice that noah didn't rescue any fish and yet they are still with us !

You are joking, right?

In case your not kidding:
As it was a Flood that was being used to cleanse earth, I'm sure fish and other Full Time Aquatic animals didn't mind too much. In fact, when taking the story literally, I would imagine that the fish made out like bandits feeding off of all the drowned people and everything else which was now accessible by being underwater.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
mojo, you would have to mention the fish making out like a bandit on the dead corpse(s). Now I'm going to my freezer to throw-out all the frozen fish I have.

nanna_of_6

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero_snaz
Genisis

5:32 And Noah was five hundred years old
7:6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.
9:28 And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years. 9:29 And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: And he died.

I'm not sure what bible you were reading but mine says it took him, his wife, his three sons and their wives 100 years to build it.

You are right about the hundred years to build the ark, anyone can see that just by reading what you had supplied for information.
Noah lived 950 years.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
mojo, you would have to mention the fish making out like a bandit on the dead corpse(s). Now I'm going to my freezer to throw-out all the frozen fish I have.

nanna_of_6

Well, that huge mess had to be cleaned up somehow before things started to dry out again. I'd imagine that it would have been much more nasty with them all rotting away in the open, especially in the hotter regions.

Besides, it is more than fair when you consider how we've fed off them since then. To the point of extinction in some cases even. Personally, I hope they enjoyed every bite! :p

A lot of people aren't much more than 'animated meat' anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
i've always wondered about this. according to the sumerian texts, prince ea helped noah out. prince ea is also known as...satan lucifer. there's a satanic website out there that goes to detail about the many different names of the gods of old, but you have to search for it yourself. i don't encourage it too much for the uninitiated, as it made me think too much about life. i know where my faith lies. but anyways, perhaps if they took 2 of each animal, perhaps noah only took the archetypes of modern day creation, and there they evolved or genetics were toyed with to create the many sub-species. just a thought. maybe one has to think of this story to a deeper segment. perhaps noah brought along dna, both of a male and female onto his ship. you never know...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloud
i've always wondered about this. according to the sumerian texts, prince ea helped noah out. prince ea is also known as...satan lucifer. there's a satanic website out there that goes to detail about the many different names of the gods of old, but you have to search for it yourself. i don't encourage it too much for the uninitiated, as it made me think too much about life. i know where my faith lies. but anyways, perhaps if they took 2 of each animal, perhaps noah only took the archetypes of modern day creation, and there they evolved or genetics were toyed with to create the many sub-species. just a thought. maybe one has to think of this story to a deeper segment. perhaps noah brought along dna, both of a male and female onto his ship. you never know...

Oh come on....You can't make a statement like that and NOT provide the link. It sounds like you know of a very impressive site. Impressive meaning that atleast they provide a strong side to their opinions about things. I say, put up the link, and for those who don't like the subject, they don't have to click it. (Even though we all know they will, even if it's just to have something to complain about.)

If you won't, then if you would be so kind as to U2U me the link I thank you!

I could search for it, but may not find the correct one, the one you speak of. There are so many similar type sites out there, I'd like to get to the right one as easily and quickly as possible ya know?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
With the power of God on your side, I think that it quite posiable to live for 950 years if it was in God's plan for Noah to save the animals of earth. God could have helped Noah build the ark in any amount of time that he wanted, 100 days or 100 years. Nothing is impossible with the help of God. Just had to throw my 2 cents in here. -Muzz

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Have you noticed the ages of people in the Bible? Pre-flood almost everyone lived 500+ years, then after the flood the age began to drop off quit rapidly until it reached about 75-100 years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join