It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mental in fundaMENTAList

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
They are the most controlling myopic hypocritical obsessive obnoxious and arrogant among us, Too mentally unstable to merit any position of power, yet they are allowed to trespass into our lives painting every thing we do or say in black and white, in some twisted quest to save us from ourselves.

Who are these people, where do they come from and why can't we stop them from meddling in our affairs? My theory in answer is quite simple, it all boils down to a simple equation of "divide and conquer". Our system of government thrives on there being conflict on every major issue in our lives, for as long as our time, energy and focus is tied up in such battles we won't get in the way of the dealings between our elected officials and their true masters.

What better strategy then to exhaust/distract the populous by having it wrestle with itself. Religion has done an excellent job of providing an endless stream of mental sheeple to derail true progress... and to provide the essential smoke and mirrors for profit driven crimes to be committed domestically and a broad in our name.

Suggestions on how i may improve this hypothesis is greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think the real power of fundamentalist thought is the implied "high moral stance". This is very intimidating to people who may be borderline about religion or easily swayed by suggestion.
Fundamentalists will always point out the "sinful nature" of any particular thing to attack it. Their logic is about as clear as muddy water but to them it doesn't matter, god trumps logic everytime.
Their last card is to claim that they are the majority view (see moral majority) and that their view is an extension of democratic principles

Yeah, i know. But that's what they really believe.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I think the real power of fundamentalist thought is the implied "high moral stance".

The 'real power' exists through influence of the powerful.

Theocracy in America- an interview with Jeff Sharlet, author of The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of America

In the book The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power, author Jeff Sharlet examines the power wielded by a secretive Christian group known as the Family, or the Fellowship. Founded in 1935 in opposition to FDR's New Deal, the evangelical group's views on religion and politics are so singular that some other Christian-right organizations consider them heretical The group also has a connection to a house in Washington, D.C., known as C Street.

Researching religion exposes the ultimate goals of fundamentalism. It is no different with any other religion either. Christianity does not stand alone with its cadre of 'rigorists', they work at the core of many sects and religions, both mono and polytheistic.

History is full of examples.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

Since you rang the bell,I'm going to answer it....
Do you really want to know who your master is?Do you think you are
strong enough to take him on and win?Any macho bravado you would
display wouldn't be enough to protect you or anyone else.We don't
struggle with flesh and blood.We struggle against principalities and powers
you wouldn't begin to imagine,or ever understand.
Because,this world,as we know it,belongs to the powers of darkness.
They control you,your thoughts and your life.Without the Light,you live
in darkness.Without the Light,your spirit is dead.With out the Light,you
are slaves to the darkness.Without the Light you have no hope.
In this world your master is the devil and he owns those who are not in
the Light.The Light is our Lord and Saviour,Yeshua Ha Maschiach.Jesus
the Messiah.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Friend, I know in my heart that many of are trying to "improve this hypothesis" by education and taking in these forums. Religion, most especially the Book variety, are seemingly adamant about trying to get EVERYONE to join their CULT and worship their GOD, or else! Divide and conquer is the order of the day with this, and further convinces me that religion was invented by Extraterrestrials for the purpose of control, and my my, did it work well. We have 1/2 the world trying to kill the other 1/2 over religious beliefs. Makes a whole lot of sense, doesn't it?

Now I agree that man/womankind is basically hard-wired to worship something, this was placed into our DNA during one of those "upgrades, and now we have it, except for those who have risen above it. You ask the question, "how do I change this?" Well, I have no easy answer.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

When i first read your post, what you had described really resonated with me. I couldn't quite but my finger on why... and then it hit me.

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the diagnostic classification system used in the United States, as "a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy."[1]

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you for helping me make this important link... and explains a lot of what we see through the words and actions of fundamentalists.

i.e. Pat Robertson's claim that Haiti's earthquake was divine retribution.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Wow... i am literally blown away. I remember reading about The Family back in the 90's and based on my research at the time i didn't see them as much of a threat, but with this new book by Sharlet... all my suspicions as shared in the OP have been reconfirmed. Looks like i have a lot of catching up to do, asap i am going to hound the library to order multiple copies of this book.

For me the most striking revelation from this interview was The Family claim to be the "new chosen people", due to the jews broking their covenant with god. Talk about self empowerment

In sum, thank you masquam, for this push in direction.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Correction:

The devil doesn't exist outside of us... Ignorance is the devil, therefore the devil is expressed through those who know the least of reality.

Thus, the more we know of reality, not fantasy (i.e. bible), the more christ-like & budda-like we become.

Note: We are nothing but clever monkeys creating our own stories
about who we are and why we are here, to help us cope with the nonsensical absurdities of life.

Despite being mislead on ever point you posted, i do appreciate your input.

Since i don't have the ability to bless you, i will instead embrace you with my thoughts

[edit on 16-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Deny ignorance,a lot of you embrace it!
What does the devil and UFO's have in common?
1.Both are one and the same.
2.Both are thought to be figments of your imagination.
3.Both are more acceptible to our present society.
4.Both are more acceptible to our way of thinking.
5.Both are dangerous beyond human comprehension.
6.Both hide under a veil of secrecy.
7.Both have their faithful slaves to carry out their diabolical plans.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
religion was invented by Extraterrestrials for the purpose of control,

Interesting idea, if we were to include ETs in the equation, i think it's more likely that the bible is written about alien encounters... would explain the virgin birth, walking on water and resurrection... as well as dozens of other supernatural phenomenon. Then the formation of religion was man-made as an attempt to aligning the kings with the "divine/aliens", so people wouldn't question their born-into servitude and revolt... plus it makes the ruling class's policing efforts easier if they have a citizenship that governs themselves. Our sightings of UFOs, could then be evidence that our "father" is looking over us... as a scientist looks over his subjects in an experiment.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Reflecting on the mental in fundaMENTAList, I am reminded of Jerry Farrwell.
Here are some of his pearls of wisdom:

10. "The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country."

9. "The ACLU is to Christians what the American Nazi party is to Jews."

8. "I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!"

7. "AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharaoh's charioteers ... AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

6. "Nothing will motivate conservative evangelical Christians to vote Republican in the 2008 presidential election more than a Democratic nominee named Hillary Rodham Clinton - not even a run by the devil himself ... I certainly hope that Hillary is the candidate. She has $300 million so far. But I hope she's the candidate. Because nothing will energize my [constituency] like Hillary Clinton. If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't." --at a "Values Voter Summit"

5. "Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them."

4. "Billy Graham is the chief servant of Satan in America."

3. "He is purple — the gay-pride color, and his antenna is shaped like a triangle — the gay pride symbol." –from a "Parents Alert" issued in Jerry Falwell's National Liberty Journal, warning that "Tinky Winky," a character on the popular PBS children's show, "Teletubbies," may be gay

2. "You've got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops. And I'm for the president to chase them all over the world. If it takes 10 years, blow them all away in the name of the Lord."

1. "The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'" --on the 9/11 attacks

source: politicalhumor.about.com...

Sound familiar? i.e. Pat Robertson ... and here are some of his jems to match www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 16-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What may be the key goal of the master plan, is to keep the populous in a state of a child's mind. Some refer to this as the dumbing down of the masses. I prefer to look at it as a means of keeping the populous naive and gullible.

By enabling conservatives to have a political hand/fist at the table, you can keep enough people stuck in the dark-ages, in terms of thinking about the world, to keep the status quo untouched. The owners of this country prefer this mindset, for it favors their position.

To gain clarity on this reality, all one needs to do is review all progressive movements in our history, progress defined as changes that improved our society as a whole. Then note those who consistently built the road blocks, who are always from the fundamentalist ilk.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye

Originally posted by autowrench
religion was invented by Extraterrestrials for the purpose of control,

Interesting idea, if we were to include ETs in the equation, i think it's more likely that the bible is written about alien encounters... would explain the virgin birth, walking on water and resurrection... as well as dozens of other supernatural phenomenon. Then the formation of religion was man-made as an attempt to aligning the kings with the "divine/aliens", so people wouldn't question their born-into servitude and revolt... plus it makes the ruling class's policing efforts easier if they have a citizenship that governs themselves. Our sightings of UFOs, could then be evidence that our "father" is looking over us... as a scientist looks over his subjects in an experiment.

I would mostly agree with you on this theory. there are many "alien" encounters in the HB, just read it, and every time it says, "Lord," "God," or "Angel" replace that word with "Extraterrestrial," and the work become a lot more readable, and a lot more believable too. Just read the story of Moses and the mountain, and tell me that was not an ET craft that sat down, and irradiated poor Moses so bad all his hair turned white and he apparently grew some horns too.

There came a time when the ETs that were here had to go, so, they made "hybrids, half man, half alien, to rule over mankind. these were eventually replaced with ordinary men and women at a later time. As for me, I figure that my real "Father" and "Mother" are a vast, intelligent energy field that is roaming about somewhere in the vastness of space, creating more and more universe's and worlds as they make passionate love again and again. As for having a personal "Lord and Master" like the Christians do, forget it. I am my own Master, thank you, and my own Lord too. The ones I described are more like "parents," rather than "Lords"

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I really wasn't expecting to get into an ET hypothesis, but as you have pointed out, it definitely makes more sense then what the fundaMENTALists have embraced as a historical record. Strangely ironic, to consider what i would categorize as a book of fiction, the bible... when looked at as a work of sci-fi starts to look like non-fiction... but for the closed narrow mind of a fundaMENTAList this sounds crazy or better yet the work of the devil.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
As a Christian, thanks for bringing me down to size. I wasn't aware that my egotistical ramblings were read by you! (There goes my head, swelling again, blush).

People were divided and arguing with themselves on this site long before I showed up. ( I can't answer your comments except as an individual and from my own experiences, coupled with what science is available to the modern person; sorry it's not enough to keep me from being assaulted for my "mental deficiencies" - what does it take, really?)

Get a real argument, then you might make the deep impression you hope for on others who believe differently than you. What a great goal.

This sort of stereotyping generalization is exactly the ignorant behavior most people consider the failure of the Christian religion, and others, but you exemplify it more clearly than any Christian so far.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
he, he, this brings me memories of when I as a teen back in the 70s witness the power of the first wave of Hypnotic fundamentalist in my Island of PR.

Yes, they used to come around in what we use to call tent churches and they were so noisy and loud that people will complain about them all the time (My island was mostly catholic at the time if no all).

One night my brother and I went to one of this services because a friend told us that they had this weird jars full of fetuses and body parts showing the results of sins, like abortion, smoking and drinking, so we wanted to see it.

While we were in the back looking the Preacher (he was not Latino but American) would go to people and touch them and they will start speaking in languages and jumping or will fall in the floor like in an epileptic attack later I learned that was call calling in tongues and experiencing "Rapture", I was scare to say the least I was only 15, my brother 14, the preacher came so close to me and looked to us with this penetrating eyes while mumbling, I didn't feel a darn thing but something that made me feel I was in danger, now my brother started to become anxious and I grab him to leave but my brother was mesmerized by this mans eyes he started to tap on the floor with his foot so before the Preacher touched him I grab him and ran.

My brother came out of the trance and asked me what happen, I told him he was been hypnotized.
and I was only 15 at the time and I knew.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Despite what a believer would say, that day you performed a very heroic deed, you literally saved your brother, in mind, heart and spirit.

Your story/experience reconfirms how the fundaMENTAList mindset is geared toward controlling/converting others. There is this belief in perfection that is obtainable by anyone who follows a strict code of conduct... a 'script' if you will, on how to govern ones own life and others... and such ambitious group ventures require the lead of a hypnotic holy-man.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

They are the most controlling myopic hypocritical obsessive obnoxious and arrogant among us, Too mentally unstable to merit any position of power, yet they are allowed to trespass into our lives painting every thing we do or say in black and white, in some twisted quest to save us from ourselves.

Who are these people, where do they come from and why can't we stop them from meddling in our affairs? My theory in answer is quite simple, it all boils down to a simple equation of "divide and conquer". Our system of government thrives on there being conflict on every major issue in our lives, for as long as our time, energy and focus is tied up in such battles we won't get in the way of the dealings between our elected officials and their true masters.

What better strategy then to exhaust/distract the populous by having it wrestle with itself. Religion has done an excellent job of providing an endless stream of mental sheeple to derail true progress... and to provide the essential smoke and mirrors for profit driven crimes to be committed domestically and a broad in our name.

From the Bible KJV

Psalm 14:1 " The fool has said in his heart, there is no God. "

I'll leave the analysis to the scholars who claim the moral higher ground without wisdom or knowledge. To you, the fundies are mental. But to God your a fool if you say there is no God.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You know until this day my brother and I get together and talk about that time and what happen.

In my Island of PR, now the fundamentalist have taken over, even my Parents are fundamentalist, their way of thinking have completely changed, my mother that used to be so modern and up today has retrieved into a cocoon that she doesn't belong in it.

Now is not longer tent Churches the new preachers have mega churches, expensive cars, their children goes to their newly build colleges and they are reaping off the people while living a live of luxury, even my father has fallen for it and my younger brother found out that my father took all his money out of the bank and now is banking with his own church bank, can you believe that the church has his own bank.

We have told him over and over to be carefull but as usual faith goes deeper.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

How are we "trespassing" on your life? Last I heard any teaching of creation in schools(where our children go too!) has been snuffed out. Churches are being forced to have ceremonies for gay couples under legal threat. All Christians are regarded as ignorant backwards people(dehumanized), yet many of you awesome intellectuals Refuse to read our historical document(Scriptures) or research both sides of the debate.

There is a hell, and when someone pleads with you to just at least examine the facts from a non biased source, you may learn that the Bible is God's undisputable word. I was with you not long ago, complete atheist. Letting go of your pride really hurts, but its better than remaining willfully ignorant.

How do you know that you aren't being deceived and conditioned to think as you are? Did you know that you represent a growing trend in this world? Yes, there are those that make others not take Christianity seriously. But, by not investigating and spewing forth random nonsense about "sheeple" you are serving the same master as they are. Don't choose to go to hell, It's Forever and you don't get a second chance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join