It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men more evolved? Y chromosome study stirs debate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Men more evolved? Y chromosome study stirs debate

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Women may think of men as primitive, but new research indicates that the Y chromosome — the thing that makes a man male — is evolving far faster than the rest of the human genetic code.

A new study comparing the Y chromosomes from humans and chimpanzees, our nearest living relatives, show that they are about 30 percent different. That is far greater than the 2 percent difference between the rest of the human genetic code and that of the chimp's, according to a study appearing online
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Now I'm not by any means advocating that men are better than women, or even that this article is correct. I'm just simply bringing to light what was posted by AP news and Yahoo news.

Now the only question is if men are actually evolving faster, or if we are "devolving" haha.

What do y'all think?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

No no, you got it wrong. Men aren't evolving faster than women, they're catching up.

FACTS, though.

The Y chromosome is an altered x chromosome. Everyone is female at conception, and then protein chain reactions form males

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Gorman91]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Men and Women are different.
Will leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Lol, I was going to say something similar, that it is evolving faster in order to grow an extra leg and become another X.

Just kidding of course. Everyone knows men are the pinnacle of creation. Especially when shirtless, sweaty and swinging swords.

Hmmmm. Time to go watch "300" again.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
due to being in a society with women im sure the possibilities of this difference is stagnated and left for undergrowth.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'll go ahead and say what every guy is afraid to say.......

Men are better than women!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I'm just kidding for all you feminists and touchy people who can't take a joke, i'll just go ahead and get that out of the way

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Zedd31415]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I agree with whomever said men were catching up, not superior to women.

Let's face it - if there were no men in this world and women had found a way to clone themselves I would guess there would be far, far fewer wars; everyone regardless of nationality would be treated equal and the earth would be much better taken care of - to name just a few.

Face it - men are the real evil doers in this world. There is absolutely no question about that whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
maybe men are only capable of "doing evil" because their growth within the pretext of existing with "degenerates" stunts their ability to do more than.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Ausar]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
maybe men are only capable of "doing evil" because their growth within the pretext of existing with "degenerates" stunts their ability to do more than.

Naw. Men are more eager to do evil for 2 reasons:

1. Testosterone.

2. Cause we need to bring home the spoils of war to impress the women.

haha

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
maybe reason number two has more to do with my conjecture than a womans interpretation of a mans talents labeled as testosterone.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
So, to begin with the name of the chromosomes are not just "x" and "y" for $h!ts and giggles, it is there in reality, a close mirror of the shape of those chromosomes. The extra leg on the second "x" chromosome carries genetic mutations with it. That extra leg also carries genetic diseases. I think this may be the advantage the study is supposing. Without the extra leg there are some genetic malfunctions that DO NOT get passed on through the male's X chromosome.

genome.wellcome.ac.uk...

Having said that, women are awesome. I cannot think of anything I would rather see in a natural state than a woman. I surround myself with women every chance I get because they make my life awesome, even the ones that break my heart softened it up in the first place somehow. If I am more evolved because I am a man, then I hope my extra evolution allows me to appreciate women that much more.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Your assertions that women are not capable of evil is startling in its bias, and misandry.

Seriously, the cognitive dissonance of this position is staggering.

Women are Equal to men, but they are more evolved?

Women are more evolved than men, and yet are responsible for almost NO innovations, inventions, or discoveries.

Women have been oppressed, by something that they consider "Genetically Inferior" to themselves?

Lets get our facts straight here.... IF women ran the world... we would still be living in Caves.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

How so? A woman led Russia to greatness, and England.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
FACTS, though.

The Y chromosome is an altered x chromosome. Everyone is female at conception, and then protein chain reactions form males

Ummm err what?!...

I think your a little mistaken there, sure as fetus and embryos we dont develop our genitalia until alot latter, heck for a while at the beginning where almost the same as every other type of animal embryo. Its not until the hormones begin to effect the fetus that the genitals begin to form, having a higher testosterone level to female fetuses thanks to the Y gene, the male fetus starts to look like a male and 'grows a pair', rather than being basically genderless.

The notion that the Y gene isnt present in any gamete involved in reproduction is absurd, since where does it go during the production of sperm cells?..

I could be wrong, but i think your 'fact' is wronger (yes that aint a word
).. or at least thats what I remember from my high school years of biology classes.

Ummm Queen Elizabeth was quite ruthless in her term as the monarch of england, hell she got her sister beheaded
, killed her lover, went to war with the spanish and did her best to purge the catholics... as for the Russians, all their leader both male and female where tyrants without peer.

Woman can be as evil as men, they just dont do it so openly... in a way their far more insidious. Both sexes are equal, they just have stronger traits in some things to others... but it balances well in the long run.

Not to mention it makes the world an interesting place, it would be boring if we where all one gender or none at all.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Lets get our facts straight here.... IF women ran the world... we would still be living in Caves.

-Edrick

Uhh.. hello. If you did a quick cursory check on the net, you will come up with a LOT of women who have invented things and who have been influential in ALL aspects of social, political, and scientific endeavors.

For example;

Doctor Betsy Ancker-Johnson

According to the University of California Physics Department, "Betsy Ancker-Johnson's early contributions to the study of the instabilities that can occur in plasmas in solids, such as pinching (1963) and oscillatory behavior (1962), culminated in Betsy Ancker-Johnson's observation of microwave emission from an electron-hole plasma (1967). The latter is the first observation of microwave emission without the presence of an external field, but initiated only by the application of an external electric field. These non-equilibrium processes in solid state plasmas occur at higher plasma density than are usually studied in dilute gaseous plasmas."

More Women Inventors Here

I could find more if you like...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Edrick

Don't forget Ukraine

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

Sorry, but an observation is not an "invention".

What did she actually invent?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I don't think this world would be okay without either men or women. We need both for a reason.

Have you ever been in a room with all women who are competing with each other? It's not pretty. It's even worse than when men fight.

Men may be physically destructive, but women can destroy one emotionally. A little bit of both keeps a nice balance

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Led them to Greatness?

Really? is that how we are going to play this?

Do you realize the Long, drawn out histories that these nations drudged through with hard work and dedication, consolidating power, and setting up the structure of the ENTIRE NATION that had to be accomplished before a woman could achieve power for the simple reason that she was MARRIED to the Ruler?

Whom she led a conspiracy to Assassinate in order to take power?

Is that who you are talking about? Catherine the Great?

The one who revoked the Right of Inheritance of Land?

The one who doubled the Government officials in Russia, bloated the bureaucracy, and increased the power of the Oligarchs?

OR perhaps you are speaking of Elizaveta Petrovna, the Daughter of Peter the First (Peter the Great) whose policies increased the dominance of the nobles in local government, spent ridiculous sums of money on art, and took her country into not one, but TWO wars.

The War of Austrian Succession, and The Seven year war, in which Russia temporarily Switched Sides....

Maybe you are talking about Mary The First, of England... who united her nation under Roman Catholicism by having hundreds of Non Roman Catholics BURNED ALIVE, (Bloody Mary) During the Marian Persecutions.

Or maybe you are talking about her Sister, Elizabeth the First, who's political maneuverings were responsible for bringing her nation into the 19 year Anglo–Spanish War.

IS that the Greatness you are speaking of?

-Edrick

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join