It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Obama have to do in order for you to think he was a good president?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thenothingorchid

Good question, well he will have to go back to the original purpose that he had when he was selling his change and hopes, he needs to get off the big interest hold and deliver what he promised from the beginning.

But we know that is impossible because in Washington big interest runs the nation.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Tell the truth -
about EVERYTHING -
starting with Monsanto -

[edit on 20-1-2010 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There are certainly plenty of great suggestions here already. The only thing I would add is STOP F#$KIN WITH THE CONSTITUTION.!!! but that applies to any president.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

What would Obama have to do in order for you to think he was a good president?

1. Write "I am sorry, I screwed up" on a WHitehouse notepad.
2. Sign it.
3. Walk into a small room with a loaded revolver.
4. Do the honourable thing.

That was the worst thing I have ever read on this site. How horrible that you would want another human being to do that. So to you if someone screws up they should "Do the honorable thing" with a loaded revolver?

I don't know what kind of motivations you have for writing such trash, but grow up!

Being partisan is fine if that's your thing, hell I am a bit partisan myself, but to advocate and recommend suicide? That is sick, horrible and wrong, and my advice is to please take a long look at yourself, because someone who would advocate that, has some serious issues that need to be dealt with by a professional.

/rant

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

reply to post by joey_hv

reply to post by TarzanBeta

Just because Palin quit her job, doesn't mean it's actually a good idea.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

No, actually, there's not really any fear as the basis for my beliefs. It's very possible to be a progressive because one believes it to be true, not because one is scared of anything. My beliefs are not out of guilt, or masochism, or anger or any other negative emotion either. John Lennon's song "Imagine" I think actually put it best:

"Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one"

Honestly, that sounds just about perfect to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

No offense, but "Imagine" is not about progressivism, it's more along the lines of idealism. Good luck with that, because it will never happen as long as there are peoples and cultures with different mindsets, goals and beliefs. That would mean a reversal of thousands of years of human "progress" and will not happen any time soon.

Regarding the original post, Obama could deliver on the things he talked about, such as uniting rather than alienating people, changing the face of politics in Washington and best of all, return us to a time where the American people were mostly employed in making products for American companies.

He could reverse the long standing mindset that home ownership or a new car isn't a right, it's a privilege to be earned through hard work and dedication. He could take the focus of the economy off the banks and Wall St., to where credit wasn't the determining factor of a person's success.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Graybeard

I see where you are coming from, and I really do like your ideas that Obama should advocate production and personal fiscal responsibility. I especially like the idea of getting away from credit being a measure of success.

As for "Imagine" I think of it as a goal. You're right, I can't really see it happening any time soon, probably not in our lifetime for sure. However, it's worth working for, bringing humanity together, little by little, then our children's children will have a hope for living in that better world.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by ProjectJimmy]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I agree... "Imagine" is the goal.... Lennon had it right... "War is over... if you want it."

"All we are saying is give peace a chance."

And that fact that so many people feel this is impossible. It's just so sad. Is it impossible in your own life to be tolerant of others? Is it impossible to not hate? Is it impossible for you in your own life to see the manipulations and divisions of religion and instead only take with you the wisdom of peace and love? Is it impossible for you in your own life to protest war by simply choosing not to join the military?

The 60s and early 70s... there was such a massive movement toward peace, unlike anything we've seen since. You look back at what those 'hippies' tried to do and it's beautiful and yet so sad that if they could have seen into the future... and seen how nothing has changed... that it's the same corruption and lies... the same war propaganda and fear tactics over and over....

Why not give peace a chance? We've given war thousands of years to work.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

What I find absolutely hilarious, is the fact that the people of the 60's and 70's are the ones in the driver seat now.

How is that working out for you and me?

Still the same control-just amplified a thousand times.

Fear of their cushy ass life and fear of everything else.

Perpetuation of fear, will destroy mankind. That is all that needs to be said.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join