It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Obama have to do in order for you to think he was a good president?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's all in the first title. People criticize him for not doing enough. People criticize him for doing too much. People criticize him for doing things he said he was going to do in his campaign. People criticize him for changing his stance on certain topics. My question to the weird influx of "intellectual Republicans and Conservatives" on ATS is just this....What, in your eyes, SHOULD he do? What would he have to do in order for you to respect him as your president? And please....Keep it realistic.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thenothingorchid

Get admendments moved through the nation that Disband political parties, closed door bill meetings, ban donations of money to politicians across the board, bring all of our soldiers home from around the world, Bring back tariifs on American companies who send our jobs overseas, amend title 5 to allow on Americans to by health Insurance that federal employees get, ban Politcal parties, Concetrate on American Schools, and stop sending money overseas to nations that hate us....

If he cant do any of this he can shoot himself.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
A saint wouldnt be good enough for some people because they spend most of their lives complaining and twisting and its always easier to pass the buck. Obama isnt a bad president, its the crap that he was left with to start thats the problem

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
Obama isnt a bad president, its the crap that he was left with to start thats the problem

You must be joking.

Sent 35,000 troops to Afghanistan
Hasn't ended operations in Iraq
Doubled deficit already
Use of predator drones on the increase
Establishes missile batteries in Poland
Extends the Patriot Act
Feigns outrage then approves huge bonuses

Do I need to go on?

This is exactly what Bush or McCain would have done. Obama has been nothing but a continuation of neo-con policy.

[edit on 2010/1/13 by SteveR]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

Pull the wool off your eyes, he is expanding Bush era war polices regardless of what Cheney says.

The Patriot act was extended and enhanced; Yesterday he signed an executive order splitting America into ten regions and will appoint a council; Gitmo is still open and will not be closed on the 21st; The so called health care reform bill will most likely go nowhere, IT FORCES YOU TO BUY INSURANCE WITHOUT ANY REAL CHANGES, He has increased the national debt and we are still shedding jobs like crazy.... Yes Bush was an Idiot, but the guy we have in there now is the exact same as bush he just speaks better.

I swear some of you people on here must share one brain sometimes.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Not all of us are on a "brain sharing" program

I agree with all you said.

Bush had the Job to start this ball rolling , Obama is just rolling it

along, It didn't matter who was in Office, this course is pre-set.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
A saint wouldnt be good enough for some people because they spend most of their lives complaining and twisting and its always easier to pass the buck. Obama isnt a bad president, its the crap that he was left with to start thats the problem

Read the post above yours and to paraphrase your Messiah . . . move on. It has been a year now, and the Booooooosh excuse does not fly anymore.

link   

He should start acting more black. First, he could paint the whitehouse black and hang velvet portraits inside, especially of Elvis. He could get a hat with a feather in it and some purple pants and wear print shirts with big collars and let the collars hang out. An ear ring and platform shoes would complete the picture. Drink a 40 in public.

This would frighten our enemies. Putin would wet himself. And that guy from Iran would finally shave his half grown beard.

link   
reply to post by Sean48

What the duece was I talkiing to you, I am talking to the ardent Obama supporters who think there man can walk on water, feed the masses with just two fish, turn water into wine, and can do no wrong. If thats you then yes that comment is directed at you, but as you stated you think Obama is Bush lite so what the duece.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Any president who can make me it so my property and my liberty arent under constant threat would be a great president in my book.

So far the US hasnt had one.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by chorizo3

Dude I hope your playing around.... If not How exactly is a American of African orgin suppose to act?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Obama would need to lay off about 60% of the people who work for the federal government. He would also need to CUT federal spending. I believe, for the amount of money that is handled by the feds, all of us working people should get a dividend check at the end of the year!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thenothingorchid
It's all in the first title. People criticize him for not doing enough. People criticize him for doing too much. People criticize him for doing things he said he was going to do in his campaign. People criticize him for changing his stance on certain topics. My question to the weird influx of "intellectual Republicans and Conservatives" on ATS is just this....What, in your eyes, SHOULD he do? What would he have to do in order for you to respect him as your president? And please....Keep it realistic.

All I feel he has to do is keep it real with all who supoprt him and who see him as a leader and not lie. If he knows we are about to go through some major disaster tell us let us take our own paths to preserve and protect if it was possible.

Keep doing his best and not try to make everybody happy for thats impossible for him to do and would cause problems later in the future.

Never get an ego. KEEP BEING A ROLE MODEL FOR THE WORLD and dodge the transmigrating force that wants a superior leader to incarnate within to become the ANTI 1.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by chorizo3

Dude I hope your playing around.... If not How exactly is a American of African orgin suppose to act?

I wanted to create a funny picture in my mind. And I succeeded. I threw Putin in and that guy from Iran as a bonus.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
What could Obama have to do to make me like him?

1st, do a complete 180 on all of his leftist, anti-American policies and start supporting free market capatilism (as opposed to corporatism)

End all federal programs that are not specifically authorized in the Constitution. Make the Constitution the law of the land again.

Get out of Iraq & Afganistan. Just cut & run. Our presence there is just making things worse & creating more enimies.

Turn over Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc.. to a war crimes tribunal for Iraq.

Demand a REAL investigation into the 9-11 terror attacks.

Put Ron Paul in charge of economic affairs.

End the Fed. Create a gold or commodities backed currency to replace the Fed reserve notes. Stop Inflation!

Close down the Mexican border. Build the Wall. Control immigration. Stop the influx of low paid workers who are driving down the standard of living in America.

Once he does all of that I will become his biggest fan and will worship at his feet like all of the MSM already do.

I won't be holding my breath though...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Easy- Squeeze Corporate for every. Last. Cent that was stolen from us, and serve up a whopping bundle of cash to everyone. Fix the war problems, apologize to the RIGHT people (like Iraq and Afghanistan), have Bush, Cheney hung by the neck, and then, fix the govt. Goodbye lobbies and pork. imprison anyone who tries either. No more sneakiness.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I can tell you why I don't like him

enjoy!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

And who was it that elected him? need i say anymore?
Who was it that backed bush`s invasion? Polls at the time showed he had substantial public support so dont even go there.

What do you expect Obama to do? Just withdraw and leave a complete mess? Dont be stupid theres one thing that i think and its only my personal opinion but i really dont think that Obama is that type of bloke.
I would dread to think if i were the new President. He knew before he started the up hill battle that he was facing, Bush administration was an absolute joke and yet this guy still took the reins. I admire this bloke yes he may cock it up but at least 1 thing though i`d rather try and fail than to have never tried at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
For him to be a good president, all he would have to do in my mind is eliminate private funding for campaigns.

This would get rid of 95% of the corruption that stains politics all over the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

How about starting with these 5 words.

Leave me the FRELL alone.

Then he can leave everyone else the FRELL alone.

Next, he can fire everyone the previous 2 requirements entail.

Then, pretty much everything all previous posters said!

How does that sound?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join