It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you gay or lesbian?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What conditions do you feel led you into becoming a homosexual?I would like to
have a better understanding of the gay community.I am a christian and I have
been taught homosexuality is a sin.I am not going to preach or condemn.I would
like your honest answers to my question.
There seems to be an increase in homosexual behavior on a global scale.My sister
wondered if there is something in the water.I looked this up and discovered that
there are a lot of pharmaceuticals in our water supplies.Antibiotics,anti-convulsants,
mood stabilizers,sex hormones,ibuprofen and other over the counter type medications.
I read that the treatment facilities aren't required to test for pharmaceuticals or
filter them out.Over the years,there have been increases of girls starting their
menses at younger ages.Males are becoming more effeminate in appearance
and behavior.
I know that there are other factors that leads people to homosexuallity. I don't
want any gay bashing or preaching on this thread.I want to give,gays and lesbians,a chance to voice their opinions on what made them gay.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
[edit on 13-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Honest Answer: You’re born with it.

Nothing you can do but be yourself and personally I don’t think there is anything wrong with homosexual’s in fact I think it’s great that they can still come out despite thousands of people disagreeing with them and hating them for it (not saying you are but some people do)

But seriously there is nothing wrong with it its them simply being them, nothing wrong with that is surely.

Also one thing I don’t understand about religion is doesn’t it teach you not to judge others so why do alot of Christians judge homosexuals?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Man, they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here to find an answer.

The water???? Maybe homosexuals are just normal people?

I am at a loss for words here....

Peace and wisdom

PS: Do you think it is possible that people turn religious from our drinking water?

[edit on 13/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I am what people call bi-sexual... I have a mutual love for both sexes!

Sometimes you just can't control your emotions and feelings!

Nothing makes you gay or lesbian...

I personally think religion is a joke, but don't take offence to that as it is my personal opinion!

If you live your life by a book and the judgment of one man / woman, what is there to experience in your short little life...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I am a lesbian trapped inside a mans body, so I guess that makes me, for all intents and purposes, straight. I am not so sure why who a person has sex with should be all that important. Not to be too much of a prude, but I get uncomfortable when other men are discussing their sexual escapades with women, and to be sure, I get very uncomfortable when that man is discussing their sexual escapades with other men.

Since the human species is not at all asexual, it can be reasonably surmised that we are a sexual species and that we all do it. Who we do it with and how we go about it, is probably better left behind closed doors. Since we all have sex, as consenting adults, it is strange to me that anyone of us would find identity in who we have sex with. Why should this matter?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm not gay. I have a fiance & a baby on the way. But i am, very, very much bisexual, and if i didn't meet the wonderful man i'm with now, i believe i would be either in a relationship with a woman, or on prowl for one. I have been with women, and with men, and to me, there is no difference. My feelings have remained the same regarless of gender - same feelings, different hardware - and i came from a pretty strict catholic upbringing.

For me. Born with it i guess. Was about 14, 15 when i really realised, but now i look back, even from the age of 5 and 6 onwards, i have always thought women in movies were so pretty i wanted to 'be them' - then, along came Angelina Jolie. Prayers were answered!

Plus - i always had a crush on Jessica Rabbit i could never figure out, but with that red hair and sexy voice - awww yeah.

I guess it's something you can't really explain. But seriously, we are not sinners, i am just as passionate about life, love and my beliefs as you are about yours.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Oh man! Jessica Rabbit is the bomb! What a hottie!! I used to have a crush on Judy Jetson, and even found both Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble to be both very attractive, but then came Jessica Rabbit, and no other cartoon babe, indeed no other woman could come close to that perfection. Mmmmmm Jessica Rabbit.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

We do get religion from water,the living water.I just wondered about
this being a possibility.There are hormones and such in our food supply
as well.Just food for thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Yeah but wasn't homosexuality considered pretty normal about 2000 years ago in ancient Greece? Or something to that extend..??

Drinking water? Come on!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I am not so sure that is an honest answer. It may be your honest belief, but to this date, no one has been able to find the "gay" gene within human DNA.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I know right? and that curvy figure and the sparkly dress. haha i was a pervy kid! Glad to see i'm not alone!

[edit on 13/1/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

No my persdonal Honest answer which the OP asked for is that i believe that your born with it and that there is noting wrong with you if you are gay or bi-sexual. As long as your human what's the problem?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

My gay friends, and pretty much every gay person is in agreeance that you are born with your sexual prefference.
You dont "turn" gay you are always gay what your reffering to as "becoming" gay is just the realization/acceptance by the person.
You see your not the only person who was raised to believe homosexuality is a sin, it if for this reason certain people try to fight off who they are. There is very much the stigma in our society that homosexuality is wrong, that is slowly changing but people still believe it and it can be hard for people to come to terms with themselves.

Drinking water?
I dont think you made that to be as offensive as you did but to suggest it is drinking water being poisoned that is turning more people gay is pretty offensive to suggest. Its basing the whole "creation" of a gay person through evil means and intentions when being gay is neither. As i said though i dont believe you were intending to be offensive.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

As long as your human what's the problem?

I know a couple of really cool extra terrestrials and they would be really offended by your remark...

Joking aside, i agree with your idea that you are born with it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I am not so sure that is an honest answer. It may be your honest belief, but to this date, no one has been able to find the "gay" gene within human DNA.

Have they found the preffer blondes gene? The spanish girls are sexier gene? The chubby chaser gene? Sexual prefference is not genetic as it is not passed down from the parents.
If it were homosexuality would not exist ill let you figure out why.

link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
What conditions do you feel led you into becoming a homosexual?

What conditions led you into becoming a heterosexual?

If there was a choice, when did you choose?

link   
Nothing "made" me gay, just like nothing "makes" straight people straight. It's just how it is.

I dunno, maybe I set it up like this before I had this life. Maybe I'm part of the "second wave" (see Delores Cannons work) they don't want children, and what better way to ensure that you don't have children, be a wooly woofter

End of the day, who actually cares? Does it make a difference to other peoples lives if I'm a big bender? No, it doesn't. Infact, it leaves more hot ladies for the straight guys to get knocked back by
(I mean pull, obviously
)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

As soon as i posted that i thought ...Haannggg on a minute someones gonna bring up Aliens

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

No my persdonal Honest answer which the OP asked for is that i believe that your born with it and that there is noting wrong with you if you are gay or bi-sexual. As long as your human what's the problem?

I agree, that as long as we are human, and I would go as far as to add, that even if you are Klingon or a Wookie, what's the problem?

I was compelled to clarify that your opinion in no way counts as scientific analysis, and since DNA is coming closer to being fully mapped by scientists, unless they are able to point to a specific gene that would constitute being born with homosexuality, your opinion will remain that, an opinion. Since your original answer stated:

"Honest Answer: You’re born with it."

It came off as presenting that as fact, rather than opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join