It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you gay or lesbian?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just a few thoughts...

There appears to be a gender-neutral spot that we arrive at if the wires between our physical and mental are snipped. For instance, castrated males tend to become less aggressive while females who have their ovaries removed morph the opposite direction, evolving into a somewhat more masculine form.

There may be a middle place between the genders where masculine and feminine meet.

This would seem to suggest that sexual preferences are more a physical trait than a psychological one. This makes sense from the standpoint that gender is first and foremost a means of reproduction. The emotional and psychological may be nothing more than built in programming to reinforce the reproduction part.

I guess that what I am getting at is... underneath our physical connections to gender traits, we are all basically the same. The human inside of us does not require sex to survive and that without it, there might be nothing to distinguish us aside from our individual personalities.

What makes gays, gay may be the same force that creates heteros, hetero.

In closing, I think mamabeth's questions were quite well presented. She hasn't said anything to insult anyone so I hope that those who partake of this thread will be equally respectful.

best

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Nothing "made" me gay, just like nothing "makes" straight people straight. It's just how it is.

I dunno, maybe I set it up like this before I had this life. Maybe I'm part of the "second wave" (see Delores Cannons work) they don't want children, and what better way to ensure that you don't have children, be a wooly woofter

End of the day, who actually cares? Does it make a difference to other peoples lives if I'm a big bender? No, it doesn't. Infact, it leaves more hot ladies for the straight guys to get knocked back by
(I mean pull, obviously
)

I want kids! i have one growing inside of me!
and i still love me some ladies. I know so many bisexual people with kids, it hasn't changed their ideas on it whatsoever. I'm lucky enough to have an understanding partner who know's who i am and loves me regardless, and this is going against the OP's opinion's even more, but he will let me have fun with my lady friends, marriage, children and all

I think my life is pretty damn blessed if you ask me!

and your right - at the end of the day, what does it matter? as long as you can go to bed without worry in your heart and a smile on your face, does it matter who's lying next to you? man or woman - NOPE!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf 

Pretty sure im invisible on this forum

Its why I don't visit here that often!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I`m sexual, thats all there is to it, boobs are great and so are willies. I currently have a girlfriend though and 3 children.

I think rather than asking what is it that makes people gay or straight the question should perhaps be...`what is it that defines that which is seen as a " normal" sexual orientation in our society`. If you ask that question you should begin to able to see that the parameters defining normality are ever so slightly off.

So having said that, I can`t really answer the op question as I see it as irrelevant to anything.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

What made you gay or lesbian?

Christ M, I can't believe you asked that you know full well that SATAN deceived them into doing they couldn't possibly be created like it so that can be the only option available.

If I decide for no apparent reason to do a little uphill gardening then obviously something would have inspired me to do so, again that would be Satan.

Now seeing that your god created "Everything" then your god obviously created Satan which changes things a little. It would now appear that through Satan your god creates the impetus for my gay activities.

So at the end of the day M -

YOUR GOD MADE THEM GAY OR LESBIAN

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf 
reply to post by Wolf 

Pretty sure im invisible on this forum

Its why I don't visit here that often!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I agree, that as long as we are human, and I would go as far as to add, that even if you are Klingon or a Wookie, what's the problem?

I was compelled to clarify that your opinion in no way counts as scientific analysis, and since DNA is coming closer to being fully mapped by scientists, unless they are able to point to a specific gene that would constitute being born with homosexuality, your opinion will remain that, an opinion. Since your original answer stated:

"Honest Answer: You’re born with it."

It came off as presenting that as fact, rather than opinion.

Ok that’s fair enough sorry for the confusion and im going to clarify that I 100% believe that your born with it and it doesn’t develop overtime.

Its apart of you and who you are and you shouldn’t shy away from that!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
There seems to be an increase in homosexual behavior on a global scale.

I think you could attribute that to an increasing acceptance of homosexuality in the broader society, therefore a greater willingness to 'come out of the closet'.

Good on you to ask the questions...hopefully you will give some serious thought to the answers. Star and flag for asking...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

My reference to the water supply was an example,not a reason.I was
making suggestions about a possible environmental cause.When your hormones are messed up anything is possible.I know this for a fact.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Can a heterosexual respond to such a thread?
There is usually something about a gay mans demeanor, something in the body language that says 'gay'. I am not talking about 'camp', it can be a lot more subtle. Gay colleagues report that they were born with their sexuality.
But is this the same for lesbians? Two of the only three lesbians I know have told me they were abused by a man as a child. Indeed one of them hates men to the extent she has difficulty working with them. So I'm wondering if there is sometimes an 'environmental ' factor?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I know that and you know that,but do they know that?This thread is not
about religion moocow.I just want to see what others think about this.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

To put it quite bluntly, having sexual intercourse with a man is what made me gay! And then years later having sexual intercourse with a women made me bi-sexual!

The various factors that DROVE me to have consensual sex with those people were different for each and every case and the ONLY common factor is that they made me horny and I did the same to them and we negotiated a win-win outcome that was all for the best and also in the best interests of all the parties involved! Beyond that, the emotional and other payoffs etc. varied greatly from sexual partner to sexual partner and I'm sure that was likewise for them.

Personal Disclosure:
Please note that it is the actual act of same sex relations that qualifies one as being a party to the demographic of homosexuals and NOT just how one expresses or feels about oneself!

Edited emticon fail. :shk:

[edit on 13-1-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

its spread is most probably much like mass hysteria...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

This is what I am talking about as well.I have had gay friends who were
raised by domineering mothers and were turned off to women.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
End of the day, who actually cares? Does it make a difference to other peoples lives if I'm a big bender? No, it doesn't. Infact, it leaves more hot ladies for the straight guys to get knocked back by
(I mean pull, obviously
)

My thoughts exactly ... why do straight people care in the slightest about gays. I've always found it a bit strange that some people seem to be overly fascinated / disgusted etc. with the whole gay thing. Don't people have enough of their own issues these days to concentrate on without having to go on a crusade against something which has nothing to do with them.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I am female.

I started having a crush on a girl in the 9th grade...she is two years older than me but the feeling was mutual. I am 22 now. We wanted each other so bad & were so attracted to one another. I recently found her on facebook and I must say, the feelings haven't changed.

But to get to the point, It is definitely her soul I am in love with...looks do play a part though. She is beautiful, tall, golden blond hair....tall, gorgeous
Just the type of person she is, something about her just drives me insane... It's a good thing she live a 1000km away from me now because I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 6 years now.

I don't know...I think gay/lesbian people are attracted to the soul & energy of a person, not their gender.

But hey, I'm supposed to be straight so what do I know, right?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
I am female.

I started having a crush on a girl in the 9th grade...she is two years older than me but the feeling was mutual. I am 22 now. We wanted each other so bad & were so attracted to one another. I recently found her on facebook and I must say, the feelings haven't changed.

But to get to the point, It is definitely her soul I am in love with...looks do play a part though. She is beautiful, tall, golden blond hair....tall, gorgeous
Just the type of person she is, something about her just drives me insane... It's a good thing she live a 1000km away from me now because I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 6 years now.

I don't know...I think gay/lesbian people are attracted to the soul & energy of a person, not their gender.

But hey, I'm supposed to be straight so what do I know, right?

You sound exactly like me i must derail the thread to mention. My best friend lives over 1000km from me and i've been mad about her for a good 6 years or so. It is what's inside that counts, but come on, who, man, woman whoever can't resist a hot girl? even to just appreciate 'what god gave them'

I honestly think it's odd that more women don't want to check other women out! There must be something in THEIR water eh? ;p (i kid)

Edited because apparently i forgot to learn how to spell.

[edit on 13/1/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I honestly think it's odd that more women don't want to check other women out! There must be something in THEIR water eh?

Woman are beautiful creatures! They are so sensual, soft, caring and passionate... they are so irresistible, that their own sex can't resist them

But seriously, she looked out for me...protected me. Got jealous when I dated a guy... We even shared a room at hostel, but never ever did ANYTHING. Now why would we still have the hots for each other???? The only thing I can think of is energy. Or, you want what you can't have... but I'm leaning towards the energy.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The title of the thread made me laugh.. do people STILL think like that?

Then I read that you were Christian and I guess 'they' always will....

I believe I was born BiPoly .. if something 'made' me this way then I have no idea what it could have been as both parents were Hets as were all our extended family and friends when I was younger.

I have been aware since I was about 9.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
We even shared a room at hostel, but never ever did ANYTHING. Now why would we still have the hots for each other???? The only thing I can think of is energy. Or, you want what you can't have... but I'm leaning towards the energy.

Interesting, my best friend knows I have the hots for her and has admitted she gets turned on by me but nothing has ever happened [have known her since 1991] She says she fancies me but is straight and wouldn't go further than fantasising about me [which she does a lot of apparently both when alone or with her hubby!]

She was incredibly jealous when I was with my last GF and can't understand how my husband can just sit back and let me live this 'double life' ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join