It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - HAITI REGION

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
sorry guys, just noted now the forum is FRAGILE EARTH.
really sorry
last post

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
State Dept: Reconnaissance flights in Haiti and embassy report airport looks ok. Tower and lights are working...aid can start to flow soon

USAID disaster assistance team should be in Haiti around 1:30p. It's arriving from San Jose, Costa Rica .

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Real time edited map of aid workers routes and needed assistance on ground:

www.tilannehuone.fi...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

Majority of the UN peacekeepers are dead too. Brazil reported some of their soldiers have been killed in the Earthquake.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
this might have been posted, and it's wordpress so i don't know for sure how real it is but Q & A's from a press conference with Ban Ki-Moon here

Ban Ki-moon press conference

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
RT @CrossIntl: "There are bodies everywhere...this is Hell on earth" -Mike Henry in Port-au-Prince #Haiti www.crossinternational.... ...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by cjcord

Majority of the UN peacekeepers are dead too. Brazil reported some of their soldiers have been killed in the Earthquake.

Just saw that, 10 Brazilian peacekeepers dead.... and more soldiers missing.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Report:

Dr. Dure in BC- patients have been evacuated to the courtyard but the hospital has not been damaged

More legit orgs on scene:

www.givehaitihope.org...

secure3.convio.net...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by cjcord]

link   
I notice that the time wave calculator took a dip for the 12th and 13th...

2nd

link   
reply to post by bkaust

I am afraid it usual is. America is always on the scene. We're the ones the Haitians were calling to, not France, not the UN. America. They do not call for help from Saudi Arabia or the Turks. Their cries for sustenance are deaf to those nations.

America and Americans are good people and I sick and tired of being blmaed for every freaking problem in the world. Already, pinheads are trying to blame this on some nefarious American plot.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Send in the U.S. Navy Seabees !!
They can re-build the airstrip and the air traffic control tower.
The Seabees built airstrips on islands in the Pacific theater during WW II practically overnight. Seabees waited in their ships offshore while the Marines secured the island. Sometimes, they would be building an airstrip with fighting still going on around them.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
In terms of Aid here's an article from BBC news with all the different aid agencies including Oxfam, International Red Cross, Medecins Sans Frontieres, The US agency for international development (USAID), UN World Food Programme and mentions the UK gov sending the British firefighters mentioned earlier, plus

The European Union says its has activated all "crisis and aid management mechanisms" and the European Commission has released $4.3m (3m euros) in emergency assistance, the maximum for an emergency procedure.

Full article here

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I heard an unsubstantiated report that the Hospital Ship has already arrived, I'm working on getting confirmation.

Catholic services has already set up some makeshift hospitals, but are struggling to get through roads. Machinery is needed. They are having to transport people to the makeshifts, instead of bringing aid to the victims.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by bkaust

I am afraid it usual is. America is always on the scene. We're the ones the Haitians were calling to, not France, not the UN. America. They do not call for help from Saudi Arabia or the Turks. Their cries for sustenance are deaf to those nations.

America and Americans are good people and I sick and tired of being blmaed for every freaking problem in the world. Already, pinheads are trying to blame this on some nefarious American plot.

I'm not going to derail the thread, but i didnt blame america for any problems. While america does help, you seemed like you were of the opinion that it's always just america helping. That's all. When i commented about politics and P***ing contests, i was talking about all our governments.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
laadeca RT @caribnews: Americans in Haiti are organizing at the Port Au Prince airport (CNN)
less than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Live updates and (disturbing/graphic) Here

(second line)

American Airlines has canceled all flights into and out of Haiti
cbs4.com...

considering airport is closed, I am not surprised.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
RoseBlue - 3:49 p.m.
The Catholic Bishop of Port au Prince, Msgr Serge Miot is dead. God have mercy on his soul. The vicar general Benoît Seguiranno is missing.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by bkaust

I am afraid it usual is. America is always on the scene. We're the ones the Haitians were calling to, not France, not the UN. America.

I really don't mean to be political, but due to the close proximately of Haiti to the United States, it would be a crime for the U.S. not to send help. Especially when you consider that a quick response is critical in such emergencies. The other 1st world countries will require a much longer time frame to get help to Haiti due to the distances involved.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
From Miami-Herald:

First Lady, Elisabeth Préval, adds: "I'm stepping over dead bodies. A lot of people are buried under buildings. The general hospital has collapsed. We need support. We need help. We need engineers."

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
MSNBC is live streaming coverage here:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

or not, just cut off and is only videos now.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join