It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - HAITI REGION

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Seismologist are giving some more info...

A seismologist from the British Geological Survey, Dr Roger Musson, tells the BBC World Service the fault line Haiti sits on had been "gradually accumulating energy over the last 250 years and finally released it all in one big earthquake". He said the energy "had to be released at some point" but it could have happened in a series of smaller tremors. "It was a big one and I'm afraid this is a real disaster."

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by joao_ed

This thread is in the "Fragile earth" forum of ATS.

NOT "Conspiracy" forum.

GO and start another thread if you want to talk about haarp.

A good place to post it would be skunkworks

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
TWITTER:
thewordout: Terrible news from Haiti - the Archbishop has been found dead in the rubble following the earthquake.

link   

Originally posted by joao_ed
reply to post by bkaust

thought ats was about conspiracy theories. i was advised a few months ago to be prepared to the "natural catastrophes" that were going to happen in the end of 2009 and beginning of 2010, thats what im doing. what else can i do? i been following this thread since the start, and i think other people feel the same way as me. i wish i could help people in Haiti, but very dificult from Portugal, all i can do is search for what caused this "natural catastophe".

Alot of it is, but this is the 'fragile earth forum' not in the conspiracy forum. Not ALL of the forum's (ok i'm saying forum too much) Have more to do with conspiracies. That's why i suggest if your hell bent on a theory, by all means start a thread of it on the conspiracy forum, there are alot of people who agree with you and im sure are more then happy to talk it over with you there.

I hope you don't think i assume that you don't want to help - i know everyone regardless of their view on HOW it happened have heart and want to help, this just, isnt the place.

[edit on 13/1/2010 by bkaust]

link   
President Obama is on ABC now addressing Haiti.

I have no idea what he is saying as I am a bit busy keeping up here online, and my 2 year old would have a fit if I switched off Nick Jr.

If anyone can paraphrase and post here, it would be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by joao_ed

FFS... Thousands of people are dead. Let me spell it D-E-A-D
You think we could show some humanity and sympathy instead of jumping on the conspiracy angel? There is a time and a place. Right now, it has no business be discussed while 3 million people have been left with nothing.

Think of the victims.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

but i understand what u saying, and u might be right. maybe not the right place to talk about HAARP.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by joao_ed

FFS... Thousands of people are dead. Let me spell it D-E-A-D
You think we could show some humanity and sympathy instead of jumping on the conspiracy angel?
Think of the victims.

Exactly mate... well said.

Some people think this is all some sort of game.

It's actually quite disturbing.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It's a losing battle mate, this has to be the 5th or 6th post i've had to state the difference between fragile earth & conspiracy.
Not really helping get the news out when people have to trawl through the haarp related posts to get to the news.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
CatholicNewsSvc - 3:24 p.m.
Conflicting reports on death of Port-au-Prince archbishop. Trying to nail it down.

According to CNN, bad weather is on the way. Potentially flooding. Conflicting though, FOXNews suggests otherwise.

link   
hello to all; I realize this should be another thread, however; I have not posted enough to start one...Does anybody think that this earthquake could have been caused be secret weapons ? It is interesting that the UN head quarters were destroyed and people killed in it? Will be back on later tonight...........

link   
Ok, Obama stated:

Call if you have a loved one in #Haiti and need info: 888-407-4747

Personal emphasis, this is for AMERICAN CITIZENS in Haiti. This line is overloaded with calls, and would like to stress that those looking for info on other citizens will not find the info they are looking for on this hotline.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by joao_ed

thankyou. If you read it you would know we have members with family in Haiti looking at the updates provided from members, so it really would be more convienient if we put the theories as to why it happened in another thread and kept it to news etc

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I know mate..

I think we should just ignore and report the person if they persist.
Mods will remove the posts.

I can't fathom what makes some people tick,

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
im going to sound like a broken record, but im gonna say my two cents

PEOPLE ARE DYING, DEAD, AND WOUNDED, if your going to post in this thread, then contribute to it
dont come in with this stupid conspiracy crap and start fights, so you can feel superior,
get your heads out of your butts
and contribute, or you can stop posting here

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

i understand what u saying, but if u had the same dilemas as me u would like to find the responsible for this "natural catastrophe".
i hope im dead wrong about this and its a natural fenomenon, either way it will not bring people back. lets just hope for some miracles.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Update on Haitian-Americans looking for info:
www.nytimes.com...

There is a phone company up and running in Haiti, but their lines are being brought down by overload. Basically, communication is still mainly down.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
abba_ks - 3:28 p.m.
RT @NorahODonnell: terrible news: 'doctors without borders' says all hospitals in port au prince #haiti collapsed or abandoned

CNN: The main prison has collapsed and all the prisoners have escaped.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Well, that certainly adds to the social disaster as well. My contacts are reporting widespread looting everywhere.

Unfortunately, this is going to get a lot worse.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
abba_ks - 3:28 p.m.
RT @NorahODonnell: terrible news: 'doctors without borders' says all hospitals in port au prince #haiti collapsed or abandoned

CNN: The main prison has collapsed and all the prisoners have escaped.

**** man... Now that is serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join