It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq war was illegal, Dutch panel rules

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well that'll definately change things now, hmmm.

Is there a war that is legal....hmmm

Wars are usually fought over land and resources, wouldn't we be charged with larceny, call evryone home and maybe pay a fine, a fine of say about $75 billion...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by GovtFlu

Who are the Dutch? What is international Law, for all of you the US Constitution, The Executive Branch(President), The Congress, and The Supreme Court of the Untied States of America, are without a doubt the be all, end all In America. Not Interpol, not the UN, Not the Dutch, not the Hague, Not Iran, Nor the U.K, E.U, (am I missing anyone). The war in Iraq was not illegal due to the US Congress authorizing the use of force to overthrow Saddam. International Law has no Law authority in the USA.

I could have said the same thing , only to highlight the travesty of it all , as a parody of what is supposed to be the intent of international law . Yet you offer it up with no apparent qualms , no paradoxical dilemmas , it is an astonishment that transgresses the extremities of naivety . Usually , I would look on such a post as one of parody . But I know your foolish posts of old and I know you to be of the ilk that would type such drivel and actually believe it .

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

This text was found in present day Iraq, it was written 4000 BC.
It will be relevant soon.

From the far north will come the third Sargon
it will come unexpectedly
Poisoned live in the earthly world
will be shattered completely with one stroke
and his power will be invincible.
He will not ask He will know everything.
A flock Upright will be among him
The Third Sargon will give them the light
and they will light up the world.
If the third Sargon will have come
and the battles will have been beaten
His sword victoriously against multiple majority.
then he, the avenger of his thunder
on the world circuit with fiery chariots,
firing Thunderbolts against the forces of darkness,
until they are completely destroyed.
And the hour of the light will return home on the earth world.
Lonely are the brave and the righteous.
But with them is the Deity.

Who are the forces of darkness, who's fiery chariots?
It's great here at ATS getting so much confirmation which is not being noticed by the ignorant (American) majority here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Some 4,000 year old scripture is going to be revelant soon?
Or are you saying the message is going to be revelant?

You say Ignorant American Majority.

If the majority of America is ignorant, what would that make the rest of the world considering we are policing them ?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It took the Dutch to figure that out huh?

To me, no one owns a planet. The soil you live upon is not yours and you are luck to have it. Laws are the only thing keeping someone from taking what you have. It's all an illusion. The cake is a lie.

War is part of humanity. Aggression, hate, blood, passion... these are the things large societies have been based upon. Calling "war" illegal is laughable. Trying to set standards of violence for war is even more laughable.

You don't want people invading you space? Have nothing, be friendly, carry the largest weapon possible, and show an extreme amount of violence against any perpetrator.

The Middle East will always be a target. They have oil and money. They are 3rd world. they tak a big game and have no way to back it up. Of course they are going to get the $hit kicked out of them for the next 100 years.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WARBREAD
It took the Dutch to figure that out huh?

To me, no one owns a planet. The soil you live upon is not yours and you are luck to have it. Laws are the only thing keeping someone from taking what you have. It's all an illusion. The cake is a lie.

War is part of humanity. Aggression, hate, blood, passion... these are the things large societies have been based upon. Calling "war" illegal is laughable. Trying to set standards of violence for war is even more laughable.

You don't want people invading you space? Have nothing, be friendly, carry the largest weapon possible, and show an extreme amount of violence against any perpetrator.

The Middle East will always be a target. They have oil and money. They are 3rd world. they tak a big game and have no way to back it up. Of course they are going to get the $hit kicked out of them for the next 100 years.

The report was actually about the functioning of the administration at that time, and how they blindly followed the Atlantic allies.Our current MP was MP at that time and De Hoop Scheffer was secretary of state at that time and got carte blanche for the Iraq war[and later on got the NATO job], i think the turmoil is just begun in The Hague

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I guess you never heard of the Geneva Conventions
One day America will be on trail for this and the rest of the terror, war and suffering caused by them. And than the manure is gonna hit the fan.

If so, then obama's recent executive order allowing interpol immunity in the U.S. will help that come about.

Step 1 - the war is declared illegal
Step 2 - interpol comes after anyone and everyone (not just bush and cheney) that was an "accessory" (all the members of congress that voted yes?)
resulting in:
Step 3 - the end of U.S. sovereignty.

If the US loses sovereignty it's because the DC mafia under bush used and abused it to cause the murder & suffering of millions... as "the people" watched american idol and voted the tyrant responsible back into office..

In the 1940s most of the world decided germany and it's 'leaders' needed to be slapped for acting stupid... they had a political party to thank for their international woes... just like you will.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Oh, c'mon, only 10 flags for this thread? It's much more deserving than that!

This story needs to be trumpeted far and wide because it's not the kind of investigation the U.S. will ever make, nor is it a story the American MSM will be inclined to carry.

And yes, many Americans knew right from the start that these trillion-dollar wars that have killed hundreds of thousands of civilians were illegal and immoral.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
International law... Pleeh.

That remark was sarcastic, but anybody who has that mind set has a point.

Our government is not going to allow a a former president to be arrested by another country. Do you guys realize how much chaos that would create?

If we refused to hand the suspects over, what country would they get to come in and forcefully remove them? Who would pay for that sort of operation?

They can rule whatever they would like illegal. What are they going to do about it?

Is that right? Not really.

Are they going to play ball and look the other way? Most likely.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
After further reading of the article it looks like the Dutch are just angry at the UK for getting them involved.

"The Dutch government lent its political support to a war whose purpose was not consistent with Dutch government policy,"

This is quite interesting.

"It was a surprise for our committee when we discovered information about this letter," said Rob Sebes, a spokesman for the Dutch inquiry. "It was not sent with a normal procedure between countries – instead it was a personal message from Tony Blair to our prime minister Jan Peter Balkanende, and had to be returned and not stored in our archives.

"We asked the British government to hand over the letter but they refused," Sebes said.

They must not have been happy about that. In my opinion they should write a vary harshly worded letter to the British government letting them know of their disapproval.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

So the US congress gets to decide who to murder and who to let live in the world? There's a million dead Iraqi's that would definitely feel hard done by over that.

People like you are the problem with this world. Just when I was starting to warm up to the US again - the fact that your opinion is so widespread in your country is the reason why I blanked ye out in the first place. Its disgusting and only serves to create the disdain and distrust that your countrymen constantly complain about having to endure when traveling the globe.

It was an illegal war, the world is waking up to that fact.. History will remember it as such.. the blood of a million unfortunates is on your hands as a supporter of it. George Bush created the 21st century Nazi Germany in the US Empire.. and as much as I would hate to see it, you will reap what you have sown - Karma's a bitch.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Well click my clogs. The Dutch are right on top of things.

Here are some other recent revelations.

1) The Earth revolves around the Sun.

2) There is this new form of energy that has been discovered called "electricity".

3) The military industrial complex manipulates US government policy to go to war for money.

Just to list a few.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

So the US congress gets to decide who to murder and who to let live in the world? There's a million dead Iraqi's that would definitely feel hard done by over that.

I thought this is a conspiracy site, I thought the US Congress was controlled by TPTB, that the armed forces were financed thru them and from where ever you pay taxes. We could put millions of deaths to any war, but who pulled the triggers?

People like you are the problem with this world. Just when I was starting to warm up to the US again - the fact that your opinion is so widespread in your country is the reason why I blanked ye out in the first place. Its disgusting and only serves to create the disdain and distrust that your countrymen constantly complain about having to endure when traveling the globe.

Me ? Personally ? I mean I live here in the US, read the thread on 435 people, its them you want, not me, I'm to busy paying taxes myself, not only me but millions of others, we would like to lick some arse on the same 435.

It was an illegal war, the world is waking up to that fact.. History will remember it as such..

History hmmm, I seem to be having a problem finding a legal war...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by GovtFlu

Who are the Dutch? What is international Law, for all of you the US Constitution, The Executive Branch(President), The Congress, and The Supreme Court of the Untied States of America, are without a doubt the be all, end all In America.

That is some pretty funny stuff. What do the Iraquis think of congress, the supreme court, the president, etc? Oh that is right, they are in Iraq. I guess none of what you said means a damn thing. Apparently you do not understand that foreign wars on foreign soil do happen to involve foreign governments. Do you really thing anyone in Afghanistan gives a crap what our congress has to say about sending in drones to blow up people?

WE ARE NOT FIGHTING A WARE IN AMERICA.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallMeCrazy
reply to post by GovtFlu

2) There is this new form of energy that has been discovered called "electricity".

3) The military industrial complex manipulates US government policy to go to war for money.

Just to list a few.

Gonna help you my friend , its a tough concept to grasp.

The Dutch are the only country with the Nads to offically denounce

this Imperalistic Invasion by a Warring Nation.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Who are the Dutch? What is international Law, for all of you the US Constitution, The Executive Branch(President), The Congress, and The Supreme Court of the Untied States of America, are without a doubt the be all, end all In America. Not Interpol, not the UN, Not the Dutch, not the Hague, Not Iran, Nor the U.K, E.U, (am I missing anyone). The war in Iraq was not illegal due to the US Congress authorizing the use of force to overthrow Saddam. International Law has no Law authority in the USA.

That's the way it should be but unfortunately our leaders have already signed into various international agreements that make certain obligations of us, and the Constitutions says if I'm not mistaken that we are to honor all foreign treaties. Though George Washington himself warned us against foreign alliances, and to stay out of foreign affairs completely as much as possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

If the majority of America is ignorant, what would that make the rest of the world considering we are policing them ?

Unfortunately people do not respect police anymore, so to be the police of the world is not a title I would like to wear as a badge of honor.

As an American you stand proud and tall while the rest of the world is waiting for you to stumble so they can then start kicking and beating you while you are down.

you would think by now from watching US movies that the Bully has a small group of loyal supporters who even abandon them in the end and allow those who have been bullied to get revenge.

Good luck policing the world because you are getting more and more enemies while doing it, may have been wiser to let other countries police themselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Thats Golden.

Policing

You invaded countries that have no way to defend themselves other than

to throw rocks at you.

Why aren't you Policing China , N Korea

Maybe because they will not stand for that crap.

Lets see , Yemen , ah yes Superpower .

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Regenstorm

Some 4,000 year old scripture is going to be revelant soon?
Or are you saying the message is going to be revelant?

Say.. The average IQ of cops maybe?

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallMeCrazy
reply to post by GovtFlu

Just to list a few.

Yea sure, but it's just nice to see there is ONE pseudo-govt investigative body out there willing rightfully stick it to the war criminal suspects.. it would be nicer if the reality message had come from the loudest international voice that crows on about the virtues of following "the rule of law".. aka the united states... but, eh.. I'll take what I can get these days.

Of course I fully understand that bloggers and peace loving hippies will get the most mileage out this report.. It will be summarily ignored by 99% of DC and diluted with MSM urine. The GOP wing of the floundering divided & conquered left Vs right flock will ignore it.. defending their war criminal party leader to the end like good 1930s germans. Life under the empires "EPA dome" of propaganda will continue unabated.. All the same clowns starring in the "liars and sociopaths" political circus, who, rather than awaiting a fair trial in a padded cell, will stay in power free to wreak more havoc & murder across the planet.

I get it, we are royally f# in the ### until the empire finally crumbles leaving a 9/11 like pyroclastic flow and a smoking hole in the ground... whereupon, hopefully, a smarter better, less violent nation ascends.

Before anyone out there supports a US establishment party who refuses to acknowledge the "illegal war" reality, ask yourself.. How many people have political parties (like the GOP, DNC and nazis) killed because their beloved party leaders fooled the masses into thinking war is peace, violence is necessary, and the only way to protect YOU specifically, is to give up your rights and scream "yeaa haw nation!!" on the way to go kill strangers?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join