It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT On CNN Terror Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.cnn.com

JUST POSTED TERROR ALERT FOR SUMMER.. DETAILS ON THE WAY

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yes I am aware of that thread, I posted this because CNN just released it as a big bold headline on their website. Counter to keeping a lid on it like some have proposed.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
yeah, I just heard it on fox too. looks like somethings up.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Interesting thing is that the dept. of Homeland Sec is denying knowing anything about it . . .
-P

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just to be cynical, could it be that the Bush administration is trying to scare the public to keep him in office?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Why just last night (I think it was last night) Larry King had Bob woodard on and they were talking about just this very thing.

Something about how Bush would come up with a terror threat as early as this summer to throw people into a panic so they keep him in power.

How predictable.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Ah but would they go as far as to engineer a deliberate "terrorist attack" in order to mess up elections and remain in power ?

Sounds a bit far fetched but stranger things have happened.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I remember reading an article somewhere claiming that Bush is planning on detonating an atomic weapon in a large American city, likely Baltimore, and subsequently instituting marshall law. It reminds me of all the crazy talk before Clinton was going to leave office...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Another terror attack planned for this Summer. The question is by who? Well, if terror attack occurs, I imagine there will be some major changes in the United States afterward.

dz

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ugh.. this is so cheesy. Terror attack this, terror attack that. You know what they're doing? They're treating us like cows. How do you get cows to all huddle together and walk into a barn? You scare them by threatening to whip or poke them or whatever. How do you get anything to do anything? FEAR.

That's all these stupid ass games are. Fear games. Get everyone scared and riled up, and they'll be begging for help. Then ride in on your white horse and save them, and they'll be forever in debt.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is kind of interesting. Why would they throw this out now and raise everyone's fear of terrorism? If they believe that something will happen, then they should provide more information. Everyone in the United States (where I reside) knows that when and if the terrorist level is raised, then so are the fears of all Americans. They describe in the article that terrorists may use chemical, biological, or radiological bombs instead of everyday bombs. Just reported on CNN: Sarin gas confirmed to be used in a bomb detonated outside of a building in Iraq earlier this month. Could they use Sarin? Or would they just stand outside of their homes (possibly provided by the government) and throw firecrakers at moving vehicles? Either way it's terrorism. To me it's kind of hard to believe that a Weapon of Mass Destruction is in terrorists hands here in America...but that's just me.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dz
Ugh.. this is so cheesy. Terror attack this, terror attack that. You know what they're doing? They're treating us like cows. How do you get cows to all huddle together and walk into a barn? You scare them by threatening to whip or poke them or whatever. How do you get anything to do anything? FEAR.

That's all these stupid ass games are. Fear games. Get everyone scared and riled up, and they'll be begging for help. Then ride in on your white horse and save them, and they'll be forever in debt.

I'm glad someone gets it.

cma

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Usually, with the CIA+FBI type rivalry, news does not pass through the government very smoothly. That is why the Department of Security has no clue!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Just to be cynical, could it be that the Bush administration is trying to scare the public to keep him in office?

I wouldn't doubt that scenario. Daddy was an alphabet man, and the name of the game is psy-ops. More commonly referred to as public relations.

cma

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I forgot all about that aspect of this topic, the subcatagories of the US government, too many!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i would just make extra margaritas and bbq extra franks for the summer alert

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Sorry... I will no longer listen to any terror threats.. there have been too many the last couple of years and no evidence to support that there was ever a real threat and that our government actually even stopped it from happening

"Terrorist attack possible this summer"

How vague is that?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
Another terror attack planned for this Summer.
WTF? I just finished visting the CNN.com news and now the headline reads: Major Terror Attack Possible This Summer. The first headline they had up was: Major Terror Attack Planned For This Summer. Something is up. I wonder why they changed the headline all of a sudden?--Maybe they gave away too much information and decided to say Possible instead.

They are planning the Terror Attack themselves, it's going to happen.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Besides that how can I trust a government who has to use a color coded system to warn us, and cant figure out if they should spell the it "osama" or "usama"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join