It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Obama Signs Martial Law Executive Order

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I think you are right on practically all of your points.

and they can do his bidding without answering to anyone but him.

I think it might even be worse then that. I don't even think the appointed State Governors have the authority to do his bidding. All they can do is advise.

I was picking it apart because that's what needs to be done with it.

Agreed. I think we should also start picking apart the National Defense Authorization Act of 2008. I had no idea that the States no longer had control over the States' National Guard. That is serious and occurred over two years ago. What else has changed that we don't know about?

I think if people want to get out from under the oppression they are living under we must develop the skills of a lawyer and the knowledge of a historian.

Also, one of the firsy gut reactions I had when reading this was, this also seems to bypass the 10th ammendment and states rights.

Most definitely! The State's National Guard is supposed to be the State's militia to be used for and by the State.

He would only invoke executive power to do this for an extreme reason, and perhaps there is more than one reason.

The possible implications are not good for the American people.

Does it reassign the National Guard power to the Fed? Seems to me it reassigns a lot of power to a realtively small group of people that have to answer to only one person. Obama.

I think it does both. And I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong. It definitely reassigns the States' National Guard under the direction of the Department of Defense who answers to the secretary of Defense who in turn (i believe) answers directly to the President? It is too late to fact check so I may be wrong but I believe that is the hierarchy.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by harvib]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
After carefully reading the bill I am quite surprised. I skimmed through it earlier and thought that it was suppose to help bring martial law. I now think that is false. This bill does not grants absolute power to the council as shown here

"Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
(1)
the authority granted by law to department, agency, or the head thereof; or
(2)
functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary,administrative, or legislative proposals.
(b)
This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.
more "

I think Obama just recently became informed after the underware bomber that within the United States there operates secret sects attempting to use the country for their own means. I use to think he was just part of the plan until very recently. I think this, along with his recent order to allow interpole to freely prosecute in the US, is an attempt to bring these secret sects to justice. I believe he chose only 10 governors in order to chose the most uncorrupted and trusted ones. I hope I am right.

Many members have stated that by the definition of terrorism in this bill that many members of government would be considered terrorists. I believe this is exactly what it means. He has begun to realise that terrorism is being spread from within his own government and wishes to stop it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by phlie
Many members have stated that by the definition of terrorism in this bill that many members of government would be considered terrorists. I believe this is exactly what it means. He has begun to realise that terrorism is being spread from within his own government and wishes to stop it.

Our government has been infiltrated and this measure will allow the right measures to be taken in the event of an attempted coup by the enemy.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by JJay55]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Martial Law? We have been under Martial Law since President Lincoln signed the executive order in 1861!

Gen. Orders No. 100 by President Lincoln
www.civil-liberties.com...

A little hidden history lesson here....

From a post I made in another forum
The following 15 points are based upon factual historical evidence:

1st: In 1863, Lincoln instituted martial law. He ordered that the States (people) either conscribe troops and provide money in support of the North, or be recognized as an enemy of the nation. This martial law Act of Congress is still in effect today - what it means is that the President has dictatorial authority to do anything that can be done by the government in accord with the Constitution of the United States of America. This is the foundation of Presidential Executive Orders.

2nd: The District of Columbia Organic Act of 1871 created a private corporation (hereinafter "Corp. U.S.") owned and operated by the actual government for the purpose of carrying out the business needs of the government under martial law. This was done under the constitutional authority for Congress to pass any law within the ten mile square of Washington, District of Columbia.

3rd: In said Act, Corp. U.S. adopted their own constitution (United States Constitution), which was identical to the national Constitution (Constitution of the United States of America) except that it was missing the national constitution's 13th Amendment. The national constitution's 13th, 14th and 15th amendments are respectively numbered 14th, 15th and 16th amendments in their constitution.

4th: The corporation began to generate debts via bonds etc., which came due in 1912, but they could not pay their debts so the 7 families that bought up the bonds demanded payment and Corp. U.S. could not pay. Said families settled the debt for the payments of all of Corp. U.S.' assets and for all of the assets of the Treasury of the United States of America.

5th: As 1913 began, Corp. U.S. had no funds to carry out the necessary business needs of the government so they went to said families and asked if they could borrow some money. The families said no (Corp. U.S. had already demonstrated that they would not repay their debts in full). The families had foreseen this situation and had the year before finalized the creation of a private corporation of the name "Federal Reserve Bank". Corp. U.S. formed a relationship with the Federal Reserve Bank whereby they could transact their business via note rather than with money. Notice that this relationship was one made between two private corporations and did not involve government; that is where most people error in understanding the Federal Reserve Bank system-again it has no government relation at all. The private contracts that set the whole system up even recognize that if anything therein proposed is found illegal or impossible to perform it is excluded from the agreements and the remaining elements remain in full force and effect.

6th: Almost simultaneously with the last fact (also in 1913), Corp. U.S. passes and adopts (as if ratified) their own 16th amendment. It must be noted that this amendment has nothing to do with our nation, with our people or with our national Constitution, which already had its own 16th amendment. The Supreme Court ruled that it did nothing that was not already done other than to make plain and clear the right of the United States (Corp. U.S.) to tax corporations. We agree, considering that they were created under the authority of Corp. U.S.

7th: Next (also 1913) Congress passed and entered the 17th amendment as ratified, even though the states had no opportunity to ratify the same. This amendment is not only not ratified, it is not constitutional; the Constitution forbids Congress from even discussing the matter of where Senators are elected.

8th: In 1914, the Freshman class and all Senators that successfully ran for re-election in 1913 by popular vote are seated in Corp. U.S. capacity only.

9th: In 1917, Corp. U.S. enters WWI and passes their Emergency War Powers, and Trading with the Enemies Acts.

10th: In 1918, President Wilson is re-elected by the Electoral College but their election is required to be confirmed by the constitutionally set Senate; where in the new Corp. U.S., only Senators were allowed to participate in the Electoral College vote confirmation. The only authority that could possibly have been used for electoral confirmation was corporate only. Therefore, President Wilson was not confirmed into office for his second term as President of the United States of America and was only seated in the Corp. U.S. Presidential capacity. Therefore the original jurisdiction government's seats were vacated because the people didn't seat any original jurisdiction government officers.

11th: In 1933, the Trading with the Enemies Act is adjusted to recognize the people of the United States of America as enemies of Corp. U.S.

12th: In 1944, under the Bretton Woods Agreement, Corp. U.S. is quit claimed to the International Monetary Fund, and becomes a foreign controlled private corporation.

13th: Some time after 1935, you ask Social Security Administration for a relationship with their program. They create an entity with a name (that sounds like your name but is spelled with all capital letters) and a depository account number in the Social Security General Trust Fund (GTF). They give you the Social Security card which identifies you as the single person with authority to control the entity they created (on review: you may notice that the Social Security Administration was the creator of the entity, the GTF is its beneficiary and you were made its Trustee.) More importantly: this capacity does not limit you or your capacity to act in your sovereign capacity in any way.

14th: In 1968, at the national governors' conference in Lexington, Kentucky, the IMF leaders of the event proposed the dilemma the State governors were in for carrying out their business dealings in Federal Reserve Notes (foreign notes), which is forbidden in the national and State constitutions, alleging that if they did not do something to protect themselves the people would discover what had been done with their money and would likely kill them all and start over. They suggested the States form corporations like Corp. U.S. and showed the advantages of the resultant uniform codes that could be created, which would allow better and more powerful control over the people.

15th: By 1971, every State government in the union of States had formed such private corporations (Corp. State), in accord with the IMF admonition, and the people ceased to seat original jurisdiction government officials in their State government seats.

Now, having stated these historical facts, we ask you not to believe us, but rather prove these facts for yourself. We then ask you to contact us with any evidence you find that proves or disproves these facts.

When you find there is no error, then remember these simple facts and let no one dissuade you from the truth.

The Bottom Line: when you speak about these private foreign corporations, remember that is what they are and stop calling them government.

Further, it is very important that we cease to attempt to fix them. It is far more important that we learn how to reseat our original jurisdiction government and spread the word about the truth. By reseating our State and national governments in their original jurisdiction nature, we gain the capacity to hold these private foreign corporations accountable. They owe us a lot of money, in fact they owe us more money than there is available in the world. The fact is that it is impossible for them to pay and that gives us the leverage we need to take back our nation and put things right. The process is a simple one. The difficulty is in getting our people to wake up to the truth. That's why we ask you to prove the truth for yourself and contact us with the evidence you discover.

That means that you must stop acting and communicating like you are anything other than the sovereign that God created you to be. And, stop referring to Corp. U.S. or the STATE OF 'X' as anything other than the private foreign corporations that they are. And, finally, stop listening to the Bigfoot Patriot mythology that is espoused by those that only give these facts lip service.

It is time that we all start to wake up and follow the truth, that is to repent and become a moral and honorable society instead of lauding our Christianity while we stand guilty of:

(a) not knowing the truth;
(b) not living the truth;
(c) believing that God will save us even though we have the tools to know the truth the ability to use the tools but we refuse to live by the truth and use the tools we have to save ourselves and thereby become free.

The biggest problem with the so called Patriot Movement is that its proponents are all excited about uniting against the tyranny of Corp. U.S. even though they are blind to the truth, have no remedy, and bail out of "the system" hell bent for a rebellion that even the scripture says cannot be won. Would that we could instead unite with truth and legally, lawfully and peacefully reseat our original jurisdiction government to take back control our nation.

Note: Original website
www.worldnewsstand.net...
is now dead.

Source of this post:
www.wachadoo.com...

Constitutional Topic: Martial Law
www.usconstitution.net...

MARTIAL LAW
www.novelguide.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by phlie

This bill does not grants absolute power to the council as shown here

"Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
(1)
the authority granted by law to department, agency, or the head thereof; or (2)
functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary,administrative, or legislative proposals.
(b)
This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations. more "

Your right, the council appears to be only advisory. However it seems that the department of defense and the secretary of defense have been granted absolute control over the States' National Guard!

For your theory to be true and this order to be an attempt to fight against an infiltration of terrorist a couple of conditions would need to be true. First off the infiltration would need to consist of, at least in part, the States' Governors. And second, the department of defense would have to be free of the infiltration.

EDIT TO ADD:

I think this, along with his recent order to allow interpole to freely prosecute in the US, is an attempt to bring these secret sects to justice.

I wasn't aware of this claim so I read the amended executive order and the amending executive order. I don't see where interpole has been given the ability to prosecute in the US. It appears they are now free and exempt from any search or seizure even upon probable cause.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by harvib]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Gen. Orders No. 100 by President Lincoln

I posted the same document several pages back. People don't realize the absurdity of an executive order or proclamation declaring Martial law. Despite this same document being posted a half of dozen times on this site alone.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Our government has been infiltrated and this measure will allow the right measures to be taken in the event of an attempted coup by the enemy.

So in order to do so the b]States' National Guard need to be removed from the control of the states and placed into the hands of the Department of Defense?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by JJay55

So in order to do so the b]States' National Guard need to be removed from the control of the states and placed into the hands of the Department of Defense?

I think that allows them to shoot to kill without having too much red tape.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

So, in your opinion, it is going to be the national guard raiding and arresting individuals within the infiltrated agencies?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It looks like the prophecies in Daniel and Revelation regarding the 10 horns of the beast which represent the 10 kings, could actually have a double meaning. The U.S could be the 'lesser beast' and the NWO coming from the United Nations the 'larger beast'.

There is a 'New World Order' map that dates all the way back to 1942 that has the world divided up into 10 regions.

strangemaps.wordpress.com...

ec.europa.eu...

Times are getting critical.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by JJay55

So, in your opinion, it is going to be the national guard raiding and arresting individuals within the infiltrated agencies?

I went through Hurricanes Hugo and Andrew. In my experience the victims were peaceful and there wasn't alot of violence. Take a situation like Haiti where gangs are in control using machettes and looting food and killing without impunity. Samr with Katrina. There were gangs that went around and killed other drug lords and murder was rampant.
In the event of a dozen cities in chaos in the US the government needs the immediate power to shoot to kill. The job of the national guard is to protect and not shoot. Other agencies can shoot. We have the national guard in Iraq, they can't shoot. Blackwater can shoot.
I certainly would want the protection agency that is keeping gangs from knocking down my doors and raping my children and stealing my supplies to be able to shoot.
Get it?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

The job of the national guard is to protect and not shoot. Other agencies can shoot. We have the national guard in Iraq, they can't shoot. Blackwater can shoot. I certainly would want the protection agency that is keeping gangs from knocking down my doors and raping my children and stealing my supplies to be able to shoot. Get it?

Since people have brought up the National Guard and Katrina.

I really liked the videos that showed the NG taking the guns of law abiding citizens and left them no means for their own protection.

I can see that Katrina was maybe a test run.

It was also nice to see the looters/cops and others were left to do what they wanted and the citizens were removed of their 2nd Amendment rights.

It would be nice to see NG on the streets here in the US to protect us in this way and than a private police force with no jurisdictional rights to be operating and with no impunity.

I look forward to the NWO where my and everyone's rights are determined by the man behind the barrel of a gun.

GO NWO GO MERC's

[edit on 1/15/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

No legit sources! A lot of the stuff posted here is bs, and the amazing thing
is that many people believe it.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have a family member involved with the military and I can't help but try to put two and two together here. What I understand is that there is an effort to coordinate all levels of government from local to national. The whole effort is to take all of these parallell organizations' lingo/protocol and standardize it, or come to some common ground at least, in an effort to speed up reaction time to emergency or pandemic events. Basically streamline the system. This way local police, national guard etc could be more effictive and such. What I'm hearing is that they are using a swin flu pandemic as the back drop for this model and are creating an infrastructure of nodes throughout the country to deploy forces to or from in the event of a crisis. This is about as much as I can get before I get the "I can't say anymore" response.
That said I doubt this is the full story but I figured I'd put my 2 cents in. To me the real question is where does this type of coordination/response end? Today its the swine flu, tomorrow its freedom of speech.
Its a sad day when we can actually see our freedom disappearing but such is America these days.

Still Seekin

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

This is an up-to-date commentary on this subject.

I don't have time to read it yet,but wanted to share with others just the same.

I think several of you are familiar with the site,Globalresearch.com.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
There is Fema and 10 regions. In and of itself this is of negligible importance.
There is Northcom with 10 regions and 10 military commanders. In and of itself this is of negligible importance.

New Executive Order: The one we are talking about, creates 10 regional "governors" who are appointed and can be reappointed, indefinitely. In and of itself is of negligible importance.

But... this council of "regional governors" answer "advise" to the President.

These regional governors get their power from the Federal Government, through the President, through a executive order.

They will advise and I suggest supercede, administer, the individual states and directly take charge of the individual states national guard. In and of itself this is of negligible importance.

Unless a President superceding the US Constitution bothers you.
Unless you think the 10th Amendment is not important.
Unless you don't realize that during a state of declared emergency, states administrative capabilities will be superceded by the council. In and of itself this might not be of importance.

Especially if you do not believe in "We the People."
If you do not believe your vote should count. If you do not think we need democracy. Then yes let these appointed, "not elected" officials tell you what to do.

None of this should bother you if you are currently comfortable with:

1) the two party system
2) influence of corporations and lobbyists
3) influence of wall street
4) two wars
5) current financial health of US economy
6) your confidence in the elected officials of the house and senate

If you after reading all that you trust these guys to do the right thing then its all good.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jaundice

These regional governors get their power from the Federal Government, through the President, through a executive order.

This executive order actually doesn't give any of the state governors additional power including those that populate the council. Prior to the change in authority over the States' National Guard the respective governors had authority over their respective State's National Guard now only the DOD has control. The advisory council of Governors is likely in place to give the illusion of State influence.

Unless you don't realize that during a state of declared emergency, states administrative capabilities will be superceded by the council. In and of itself this might not be of importance.

It's worse then that! This is in effect whether there is an emergency or not. The States' National Guard is now in the hands of the Federal Government.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

reply to post by jaundice

This executive order actually doesn't give any of the state governors additional power including those that populate the council. Prior to the change in authority over the States' National Guard the respective governors had authority over their respective State's National Guard now only the DOD has control. The advisory council of Governors is likely in place to give the illusion of State influence.

It's worse then that! This is in effect whether there is an emergency or not. The States' National Guard is now in the hands of the Federal Government.

Harvib,

Time out.

You all might want to take a look at what Jaundice actually has in mind before you take him too seriously.

From Endisnigh's thread

He was dispatched from that thread in minutes, to their credit. They think he's a socialist.

Here is the first thread he started minutes after registering. A bit polished for a newbie don't you think? It's designed to lead you around like sheep.

Thread here

Forget for a bit that I am on the opposing side, and just read how he thinks it is you go about spreading your ideology. You judge.

He's after you. Call him on it. I don't know who he works for but, he's not legit.

As much as I disagree with you, and you may rag me for this, this guy is not your friend or ally.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
hmmmmm, starting a revolution. That's an interesting goal. Wonder where it comes from.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

Here is the first thread he started minutes after registering. A bit polished for a newbie don't you think? It's designed to lead you around like sheep.

Baaaaaaaaaa.
Well, to be fair, it was you that lead me to his thread.

He's after you. Call him on it. I don't know who he works for but, he's not legit.

He's after me? To do what? To recruit me to his political party? I could care less... So is every other party, religion, school, eating establishment, etc, etc, etc...

Forget for a bit that I am on the opposing side, and just read how he thinks it is you go about spreading your ideology. You judge.

Opposing side of what? Of my position or his. If you oppose what I have said you should respond to what you disagree with.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join