It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Obama Signs Martial Law Executive Order

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh glorious! As if three branches of government weren't enough...

Judicial
Legislative
Executive
State-islative?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chris_stibrany

its just providing a *possible* structure for *possible* contingencies for *possible* emergencies and stated nothing about controlling the population with the military.

The structure is not contingent on an emergency taking place. It is occurring, emergency or not. Also the use of the National Guard by the Federal Government is not limited to an emergency. According to the National Authorization Act of 2008 the National Guards use is at the discretion of the DOD, without limitations as far as I can tell.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
They are building a infrastructure so that when something bad happens or the time is right the can flip the switch. Things we don't even see right now will be used and I believe the only reason they are being so bold and moving so fast is the time must be near at hand.

At the end of the day there are only a few reasons you would need to start to consolidate power to a single place and none of them are good but we have to remember the laws are made already now it is just moving people to the right place and so on.

I would like to think that they are misguided but with such speed and calculating moves I am afraid we are really screwed. It is like we are driving at 100 miles an hour towards a cliff and no one is driving we start to scream someone grab the wheel but everyone just looks at each other.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It sounds so good and full of hollywood drama its got all the bells and whistles government deceit martial law i like the last comment i read. flip the switch.
Unfortunately its gonna lead only to the next great what if . There has always been a fringe element that thinks the government is coming for them and there is always going to be evidence to prove and disprove but however ehh hemm its all just to fill a void in the tedium of daily life so keep cleaning your guns and supporting the hysteria it makes for great reading and entertainment. Without this paranoia id have nothing fun to read....
and might be forced to actually research real theorys with proven facts
rock on !!!
And hey if the government is planning a take over theyd better hurry theres not gonna be much left to conquer soon no money to hord no food to withhold unless there gonna make us into cookies and sell them to the aliens.

impending doom my absolute favorite

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
o o o iforgot to ask this so i knows . Wich part of th army is coming for me my brother in the national guard or my great freind in the marines. These are our freinds sons and daughters you all are so afraid of not foreign rebels hell bent on destruction.
or maybe dick cheney with a duck gun hes the most dangerous

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Timing was good to slip this through when the focus is on Haiti.
Yes, this is in place so when a dozen of our cities get attacked we will be ready.
Already ther have been 5 significient airport incidents since the crotchbomber attempt. They are not going to stop until they succeed. Glad the government is ready and has a plan. Look at Haiti, no plan... more deaths to follow in the coming months. Years to rebuild with more early deaths from stress PTS.

Prepare now. The signs are out there.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Angus123

cause he's not real

Agnus we have been over this before and you know how ignorant you look saying this.
Surely you can't stand the truth so why persist in these absurd claims
young man?
You shouldn't make such iresponsible comments out of respect for yourself young man.
If you could restrain yourself you wouldn't invite humiliation.
You wanna spare or something?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by randyvs]

You believe in an invisible sky daddy that wrote a book stating that the world is flat, covered by a dome... stars are the windows that let the water in... hell is literally underground... and two people made of dirt ate magic fruit and realized their hoo-hahs were hanging out as a result but I'M making absurd claims? LOL!!!

I would LOVE to see you drunk!!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by canihavemyvoteback

I have read all ten pages of this thread and no one has yet to make any connections or to do the most basic research.

That's not true. I read the applicable portion of the Act that this Order pertains to and presented my findings. Others on this same thread made similar connections.

I am curious what "basic" research you have done that would lead you to believe that this has anything to do with the 10 federal regions? I have a suspension that the connection you made is the number 10.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Also noted is the fact that there are more than 10 states so why only 10 governors? Is it for regionalization of the U.S. and abolishing of individual states?

10 regions of the U.S.

So now if any of those pesky states start clamoring on about rights not granted to the Feds, they'll simply no longer be considered "states" but numbered regions answerable to the overlord new Governor?

Wow. That's an amazing read. I had never heard of this executive order that was signed in '72 by Nixon.

"President Richard Nixon issued Executive Order # 11647 on February 14, 1972, which created this new country. How did he conceive this reorganization plan? The United Nations passed a resolution that the United States must reorganize into 10 super regions and President Nixon complied with this Executive Order.. Obviously, this plan would not have survived the exposure that would have been necessary for Congress to have enacted this plan. Therefore, Nixon utilized the awesome, and often, illegal, power of the Executive Order to create this reorganization."

Everyone should take a look at the entire article. Does anyone know if these 10 'super regions' are the same as the FEMA zones?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hey guys and gals, I did some research on the bills and here is some info.

fl1.findlaw.com...

Go to the 11th page thats where the term state and terrorism pops up.

www.iaem.com...

4th page shows the term governor

Don't spread fear. Be cautious and aware and always try to do some research before jumping to conclusions.

Peace and spread the love. Namaste

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by shasta9600

I just read the entire executive order. I don't see where anyone in those regions was issued any type of jurisdiction or authority. It appears to me that it was established as an advisory council.

I wonder if there is an Act that this Order is in response to, similar to this Order Obama just signed being in response to the National Defense Authorization Act of 2008.

EDIT TO ADD:

I am curious what wording in the order substantiates any of the claims of this website given as a source earlier.

10 regions of the U.S.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by harvib]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Um, what do the links I posted have to do with the 10 federal regions? Did you read the links or even glance through them?

From the Nixon Library--

A Federal Regional Council was established by President Nixon by Executive Order 11647, dated February 10, 1972 as amended. The Councils' primary function is to assist state and local governments by coordinating federal program grants and operations through the development of better ways to deliver the benefits of federal programs over the short term. Councils also encourage joint and complimentary federal grant applications by local and state governments, resolve conflicts and problems which may arise between federal agencies, evaluate programs in which two or more member agencies participate, develop more effective ways of allocating federal resources to meet long-range needs of state and local communities, supervise regional interagency program coordination mechanisms, and develop administrative procedures to improve day-to-day cooperation on an interagency and intergovernmental basis

Executive order # 11892 signed by General ford:

Executive Order 11892

Amending Executive Order No. 11647 [FN1] Relating to Federal Regional Councils

By virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and statutes of the United States of America, and as President of the United States of There is hereby continued a Federal Regional Council for each of the ten standard Federal regionsAmerica, in order to include the Department of Commerce and the Federal Energy Administration in the Regional Council System and thus expand interagency cooperation and improve the coordination of services to the States, consistent with Section 401(d) of the Intergovernmental Cooperation Act of 1968 (82 Stat. 1103, 42 U.S.C. 4231(d)), it is hereby ordered as follows:

SECTION 1. Subsection (a) of Section 1 of Executive Order No. 11647 of February 10, 1972, as amended by Executive Order No. 11731 of July 23, 1973, is amended to read as follows: '(a) There is hereby continued a Federal Regional Council for each of the ten standard Federal regions. The President shall designate one member of each Council as Chairman. Representatives of the Office of Management and Budget may participate in any deliberations of each Council. Each Council shall be composed of the principal regional officials of the following departments and agencies:

Executive order # 12149 signed by Jimmy Carter:

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and statutes of the United States of America, and in order to provide a structure for interagency and intergovernmental cooperation, it is hereby ordered as follows: 1-1. Establishment of Federal Regional Councils. 1-101. There is hereby continued a Federal Regional Council for each of the ten standard Federal regions (Office of Management and Budget Circular No. A-105). 1-102. Each Council shall be composed of a representative designated by the head of each of the following agencies: (a) The Department of the Interior. (b) The Department of Agriculture. (c) The Department of Commerce. (d) The Department of Labor. (e) The Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. (f) The Department of Housing and Urban Development. (g) The Department of Transportation. (h) The Department of Energy. (i) The Environmental Protection Agency. (j) The Community Services Administration. (k) The Office of Personnel Management. (1) The General Services Administration. (m) ACTION. (n) The Small Business Administration. (o) The Federal Emergency Management Agency. (p) The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. (q) The Regional Action Planning Commissions. 1-103. The President shall designate one member of each Council to be Chairman. The Chairman may convene an Executive Committee to carry out specific initiatives of the Council. 1-104. Each member of each Council shall be a principal official in the region at the Administrator, Director, Secretarial Representative, or equivalent level. For the Regional Action Planning Commissions (established pursuant to Title V of the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended (42 U.S.C. 3181 et seq.)) the Federal cochairman shall serve as the Council member. Representatives of the Office of Management and Budget shall participate in the deliberations of each Council. 1-105. Each member of each Council shall designate an alternate to serve whenever the regular member is unable to attend any meeting of the Council. The alternate shall be a principal official in the Region at the deputy or equivalent level, or the head of an operating unit of the agency.

Executive order #????, signed by Barack Obama (supposedly)

By the authority vested in me as President by theConstitution and the laws of the United States of America,including section 1822 of the National Defense AuthorizationAct of 2008 (Public Law 110-181), and in order to strengthenfurther the partnership between the Federal Government and Stategovernments to protect our Nation and its people and property,it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Council of Governors.
(a)
There is established a Council of Governors (Council).The Council shall consist of 10 State Governors appointed bythe President (Members), of whom no more than five shall be ofthe same political party. The term of service for each Member appointed to serve on the Council shall be 2 years, but a Membermay be reappointed for additional terms.

(b)
The President shall designate two Members, whoshall not be members of the same political party, to serve asCo-Chairs of the Council.

Sec. 2. Functions. The Council shall meet at the call of the Secretary of Defense or the Co-Chairs of the Council toexchange views, information, or advice with the Secretary ofDefense; the Secretary of Homeland Security; the Assistant tothe President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism; theAssistant to the President for Intergovernmental Affairs andPublic Engagement; the Assistant Secretary of Defense forHomeland Defense and Americas' Security Affairs; the Commander,United States Northern Command; the Chief, National GuardBureau; the Commandant of the Coast Guard; and other appropriateofficials of the Department of Homeland Security and theDepartment of Defense, and appropriate officials of otherexecutive departments or agencies as may be designated by theSecretary of Defense or the Secretary of Homeland Security.Such views, information, or advice shall concern:
JUST A SAMPLE OF THE INFORMATION YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T BOTHER TO READ BEFORE YOU TRIED TO INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE. YEA, THE ONLY CONNECTION IS THE NUMBER 10!!! YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! YOU HAVE DONE EXCELLENT RESEARCH WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO FIND ANY OF THIS STUFF!! DUDE YOU ROCK!!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
probably just an exstention of the continuation of goverment plan. if anything goes horribly wrong these people take certain areas to control. like in the event of bio/nuclear attack

continuitity of goverment

or maybe even reptillians coming up from undereneath the earth...

same cog..."The Coalition of Ordered Governments (COG) originally existed only as an obscure world-government philosophy, but it evolved into a legitimate, though minor, political party during the 79-year long Pendulum Wars. After "Emergence Day," when the Locust began their attack on humanity, the COG were the ones who took the necessary steps to ensure the survival of human civilization, instituting martial law and taking charge of the effort against the Locust. Fourteen years later, the COG is the only human government left on Sera"

this is from gears of war. just wanted a chance to put that out there

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by canihavemyvoteback

Um, what do the links I posted have to do with the 10 federal regions? Did you read the links or even glance through them?

LOL. No I understand that the links you provided are in regards to the 10 federal regions. And yes I did read them. What I was asking is what does this executive order signed by Obama have to do with the 10 federal regions?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
(d) synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities in the United States; and

(e) other matters of mutual interest pertaining to National Guard, homeland defense, and civil support activities.

I don't think it has to do with martial law but I do think it has to do with consolidation of power. The 50 states already had governors. Now we reduce that number to 10. WHICH 10? From the most populous states?

Do you really want the governator deciding what's best for your state? If it's from the most populous states (no guarantee that it will be), that would be Texas, California, Florida, NY, etc. Do they even know what goes on in other states?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Wasn't the Pay Czar established as an advisory to the President? Who now has power to proclaim what wages one gets paid? And has to answer to no one except the President?

Not too difficult to draw a parallell here.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Wasn't the Pay Czar established as an advisory to the President? Who now has power to proclaim what wages one gets paid? And has to answer to no one except the President?

Not too difficult to draw a parallell here.

Yes but that change in authority is done through legislation. We need to be able to identify what is really happening in these Bills, Acts, and orders. If not we will continue to get comments like this:

And when his term as president is up and he leaves the White House without bringing about the end of the world will you also go on record and state that you were bat sh1t crazy in this assertion?

We need to be able to read legislation and show were the change in authority or jurisdiction is taking place. In this case it is not being done through the executive order but through the National Defense Authorization Act of 2008. It is removing the States National Guard from the authority of the state and putting it under the authority of the Federal government.

However the claim the that this has anything to do with the 10 Federal regions still has yet to be shown. If people are going to make that claim they should be able to point to the writing in the legislation that makes it so. If not it hurts the credibility of us all. And the serious implications of the reassignment of the National Guard get written off as over sensationalism.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Executive order #????, signed by Barack Obama (supposedly)
(snip)
Section 1. Council of Governors.
(a)
There is established a Council of Governors (Council).The Council shall consist of 10 State Governors appointed bythe President (Members), of whom no more than five shall be ofthe same political party. The term of service for each Member appointed to serve on the Council shall be 2 years, but a Membermay be reappointed for additional terms.

This is one part the gets me. The last part of the patagraph is a perfect example of Obama double-speak. See how he negates the last sentence within the sentence, yet people try and focus on the fist half of the sentence:

"The term of service for each Member appointed to serve on the Council shall be 2 years,"

So people automagically say "Oh, but it is only a two year term!" except the last half of the sentence totally negates it:

"but a Membermay be reappointed for additional terms."

So, this sentence is useless. There is no term.

(b)
The President shall designate two Members, whoshall not be members of the same political party, to serve asCo-Chairs of the Council.

The idea of bi-partisan lost it's meaning since Obama was elected for two reasons.

One, as was demonstrated with the NJ election, the RINO bailed on the election and jumped party lines and supported the Democrat for a win. She was obviously planted to begin with.

Two, Obama knows which Rino's he can count on for support, because he knows they can be bought, as has been demonstrated multiple times with the healthcare bill.

Party lines and bi-partisan has lost all meaning, hence, this negates itself. They may be of different party "labels", but trust me, they will be of same presidential mind, or he would not pick them.

"and other appropriateofficials of the Department of Homeland Security and theDepartment of Defense, and appropriate officials of otherexecutive departments or agencies as may be designated by theSecretary of Defense"

Another lovely self negating portion, which the whole act in and of itself is.

"and appropriate officials of otherexecutive departments or agencies as may be designated"

by whomeever they see fit.

The pay section is the same. They will not be paid except...

They are not voted in, the people have no say.

They are power over the elected representatives, the states and elected representatives and congress has no say.

They report only to the president, he is the only with power over them, and they can do his bidding without answering to anyone but him.

They all have exceptions to the rules to allow the rules to be manipulated

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

There has been legislation concerning the pay czar and his authority to alter the pay of executives who received bailout money, and perhaps others who have not? I would be interested in seeing this, unless it is in the bail out bills that no one read before they signed it, which was a totally partisan act.

I agree with you about the 10 region thing, but I am still stuck on just the executive order itself.

I was picking it apart because that's what needs to be done with it.

I am a bit late to the game, so forgive me. I am playing catch up since I was at work when this was first posted.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Also, one of the firsy gut reactions I had when reading this was, this also seems to bypass the 10th ammendment and states rights.

I am sure once some lawyers get their hands on this, that may be the case, it sure looks like it on the surface.

Obama never does anything at face value, and if anyone takes this at face value, they are being niave'. With Obama, you have to look far under the surface of what is there to see what's really in your face.

He would only invoke executive power to do this for an extreme reason, and perhaps there is more than one reason.

If you took this at face value, it could easily be an introduce and pass bill in a few days or weeks. There is more to it.

Does it reassign the National Guard power to the Fed? Seems to me it reassigns a lot of power to a realtively small group of people that have to answer to only one person. Obama.

The whole thing is a load of double speak, so the rules only apply when he needs them to or wants them to.

No pay, except and unless someone needs to be paid off a la healthcare bill?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join