It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first sex robot unveiled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

World's first sex robot unveiled

news.ninemsn.com.au

"She can't vacuum, she can't cook but she can do almost anything else if you know what I mean," TrueCompanion's Douglas Hines said of Roxxxy.

Roxxxy stands 170cm tall, weighs 54kg, "has a full C cup and is ready for action," according to Hines. The robot comes with five personalities including Wild Wendy and Frigid Farrah and costs between $7500 and $10,000 depending on features.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.pcworld.com
www.popsci. com

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is a You Tube video

and a image

Roxxxy debuted at the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo in Las Vegas (where else?), and at the show, had a laptop plugged into her back. But she's also Wi-Fi capable, and her little quirks, like the way she holds your hand, can be shared with other sexbot owners through the True Companion Web site. Wi-Fi also makes Roxxxy easily upgrade-able, in case a new OS debuts, or -- shudder to think -- she catches a computer virus.

Roxxxy has attitude, with several personality types you can elicit at the touch of a button. Frigid Farrah is reserved and a bit chilly; Wild Wendy lives up to her name; S&M Susan, well, you know; and Mature Martha has that experienced thing goin' on. Owners can also change Roxxxy's hair color, cup size, race, and other characteristics until they get that perfect creature. However, you cannot take away the cold, dead stare.

But in case you think Roxxxy is all about sex her creators said that the sex aspect is mere marketing, and that Roxxxy is all about companionship. She's built with technology that allows her to carry out simple conversations. Douglas Hines, the robot's inventor, told The Telegraph that Roxxxy is much more than her blow-up predecessors. "She's a companion. She has a personality. She hears you. She listens to you. She speaks. She feels your touch. She goes to sleep. We are trying to replicate a personality of a person," Hines said. You know who else is really good at replicating people's personalities? You guessed it! Real people!

Prices will hover around $7000 to $9000, depending on the level of customization.

True Companion also has plans to create a male counterpart named Rocky. I wonder what his personality types will be, and if he can enjoy a cold Schlitz while watching the game.

Well, there was always a talk about such Robots from quiet a number of years and now we have one. This will only refine their capabilities (model/ emotions/ sensitivity/ personality) as time passes by.

But do you think people will actually go for it? How about yourself, if given a chance will you get one for free? Does it raise any ethical/ moral questions for you? Anyother views on this?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Ah yes another attempt at intentional population controll lol it will only weaken the genes that may not be of strong kind. SMH all these pretty ladies on EARTH and running to a plastic PIECE SMMFH!!!!

[edit on 1/11/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy........... creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy!!!!!

I DON"T want to meet the first person to buy one of these!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wow.

Well, here comes the fall of humanity. And lots of disappointed wives/girlfriends.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Why would anyone want one. She looks like Heidi Fleiss on steroids. If I wanted some woman that looks like a man in girls panties I could just ask out the first ugly girl I see for free, either that or steal a maniquen and a drill. LMAO!

A guy would have to be pretty hard up to buy one of those. Maybe he would be better off paying money to learn some social skills.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Feeling Frisky]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
Wow.

Well, here comes the fall of humanity. And lots of disappointed wives/girlfriends.

Lol I guess the creator already thought of disappointed wives/ girlfriends so "Rocky" is in line as stated in the article.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I really do not care about a sex robot.

What I need is a "do the dishes" robot.

Or a "clean the house" robot.

If you know what I mean.

When the Maid-Butler robot comes out, then I will drop 9000 $ for one for sure.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feeling Frisky

Why would anyone want one. She looks like Heidi Fleiss on steroids. If I wanted some woman that looks like a man in girls panties I could just ask out the first ugly girl I see for free, either that or steal a maniquen and a drill. LMAO!

A guy would have to be pretty hard up to buy one of those. Maybe he would be better off paying money to learn some social skills.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Feeling Frisky]

You are forgetting, this robot's anatomically-accurate mechanical skeleton hidden underneath real-feeling "flesh" and as time goes by the expressions, traits etc will only refine.

Secondly, think of all the handicapped people who are unable to enjoy sex or marry, or are unable to find a companion. For them this could be a blessing.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wait a minute?

Couldn't someone just pay for like 1000 prostitutes over the course of a few years rather than buying the same old cold plastic chick?

Ok...so this is really messed up. It has to be just a gimmick, imho.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Lol, that makes it all better.
Gosh, we are already cut off from our partners and families as it is. Now we can both go "have sex"...except in different rooms, with different bots.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Or a "clean the house" robot.

If you know what I mean.

I'm on board for this one!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My very first thread on ATS was about the rise of sex robots... and here we go... everyone get ready to re-evaluate your morals and values and define where you stand...
:shk:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Poor Ms pinky will be out of job! oh noooes! The second user at the convention was "unimpressed"
saying she acted "tired". No, that was a misquote, he said she "smelled like tires", ok. The Michelin man was reportedy the first customer.

Another sign of the times folks. This is pretty sick, though humorous.
Give me a living , breathing woman anyday. There is no such thing as human ugliness compared to this monstrosity.
But hey, where's the stud model for the ladies?
Oh right, they make those already, they just don't inlcude any non-essential items with it. My wife calls hers "Buzz Righthere"

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Imagine the poor guy who gets the faulty one ... wouldn't want to see how he walks after 'Headache Hannah' short-circuits on his sorry lil'ass.

Or even worse the 'Barbarella' model (insasciable)*sp ... he short-circuits trying to keep her satisfied

The possibilities for mechanical disaster are endless ... having a vivid imagination can be a real curse sometimes

Woody

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

She looks a bit square and you can get her on wheels if you ask nicely.....she is called DISH-WASHER......runs on 110V/60Hz and 220V/50Hz european!!

What I am curious about is if Roxxy comes with a password so I am sure that my room-mate isn't abusing her when I am not at home.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Darn!...I knew I should have gone to the AVN expo. I live in Las Vegas and something told me I would meet my soulmate there. Thanks to the picture you posted of my darling Roxxxy I was able to fall in "love at first image." Well, time to start saving up for her. In the long run she will be much cheaper than her organ filled counterpart.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I find this offensive on several levels. Perhaps mostly because it perpetuates a stereotype of men who want to create synthetic women they can program and control to fulfill their every desire. Or worse, it conjures the image of nerdy pasty skinned social isolates who are too backwards and weak to be the "alpha male", to find a woman in the real world to control and dominate. While this DOM/SUB relationship can be fun in the bedroom, it's application to society as a whole has left deep scars of discrimination and pain.

There are very real emotional and cognitive differences between the male and female gender phenotype which have been well studied and must be accommodated for. These "Gynoid" sex dolls can be viewed as a means by which the balance of sacrifice to reward is tilted utterly to one side. It is a dehumanizing effect of fulfilling the baser needs by stripping out the soul and identity of a partner.

On the other hand (or should I say, in the other palm), this is really nothing more than the upgraded version of a firmly clenched fist - or that plastic buzzing friend who's the real "man" of the house. So, in a sense, this is nothing new or strange. Men have been "knowing" sheep in the biblical sense since long before there was a biblical sense. Think of it as more a form of bestiality, except with the animal abuse issues replaced by the uncanny valley.

There are those out there who do not have any compunctions about, and in fact, welcome the thought of robotic companions in their lives. But it's important to note that such beings would be fundamentally human, not just anthropomorphism, because the first true AI consciousnesses will be simulated human brains... of which initiatives such as the Blue Brain Project are starting work on.

In that clip, the Third Type androids are differentiated from the Seconds largely by their ability to mate with humans and produce human offspring. There actually isn't anything in science which prohibits this process, since once patterns of gene expression in the brain are understood (another goal of the BBP), the AI brain configuration can be written into genetic code and synthesized into haploid gametes (egg & sperm).

Originally posted by LadySkadi
My very first thread on ATS was about the rise of sex robots... and here we go... everyone get ready to re-evaluate your morals and values and define where you stand...
:shk:

What morals? Sexroids are essentially nothing more than fancy masturbation, something humanity has done for millenia. If you want to redefine your morals, don't set up arbitrary barriers of social conduct in order to protect the vulnerability inherent to gender roles.

Want to talk about re-evaluating morals? There's going to be plenty of that in the days to come as the discovery of gender being an ongoing process determined by the interaction of the FoxL2 and SOX9 genes starts turning into medical therapies. Such as alternatives for Gender Identity Disorder sufferers whom, for now, hormone regiments & invasive butchery we call currently call sex reassignment surgery is their only recourse. Eventually cosmetic gene therapies will follow.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
All of the serious discussion aside, there is one thing that came to my mind when I read this. To quote bender from Futurama
"Stay away from our women."

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

get ready to re-evaluate your morals and values and define where you stand

There are many ways humanity might choose to interact with technology. Amongst them...I think making robot girls and having sex with them is far preferable to making terminators and killing people with them.

That having been said...I think the real moral test will not come from these things being built or used. It will come when they become self aware. How will people react when the newer, faster, shiner upgrade model is released, but the old one says "Please don't throw me away. I love you. If you really must get rid of me like so much trash, please at least destroy me. I would rather die than to have my memory wiped so that my body may be sold and used by someone else in mockery of the love I've given you."

If we are to be creator to a new form of life, will we be kind and gentle to our creation?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join