It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh About Those 32,000 "Leading Scientists" Against Global Climate Change.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

You guys just love to take things out of proportion don't ya? Your writing style and delivery is very emotional, and very 'OMG they want more of my money the world is falling apart', I have no wish to picture you in any context thanx...

That's all I have to say...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
What happened to golbal warming? Oh thats right, you are calling it climate change now.

P.S. It was 12 degrees in south Texas this weekend

-E-

Agreed - the reason imho that its called Climate change is because thats exactly whats happening *naturally* its not a man made affliction - we could look after our tiny spaceship though as in stop chopping down the rain forests.
As for global warming - climate change...nothing more than a play on words, its a scam fueled by greed.

end of.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Nice piece of propaganda. I like the montage of disturbing cigarette smoking videos while the narrator tries to diminish and impugn people he's never met.

Regardless of my opinion on global warming/climate change, OP, you're going to have little chance of persuading people who disagree with global warming with a video that's so clearly biased and intended to trick the viewer.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The way the weather/climate has been behaving recently just reminds us how powerless mankind is to control it. The idea that we could influence it in any significant way is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The fact that CO2 levels have been 10, 20, 30 and 40 times higher in recent geological history without the earth becoming venus is all I really need to know about this paticular 'big lie'.

This coming from a one time 'useful idiot' and believer in AGW.

Its a scam, scammers have been busted in their own words, its shocking we are still here discussing this hoax in a serious fashion. Can we move on to *real* enviromental issues already?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Scientists who sign these petitions are definitely not "leading" scientists.

A true scientist never reaches a conclusion with out sufficient evidence.

Today's professional degrees are worthless.

A Bachelor's is easy to get.

A Master's is easy to get.

A PhD is also easy to get.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
You guys just love to take things out of proportion don't ya?

There is only one of me..

Or are you talking about Irish people? Europeans? White people? Is this a religious thing?

I'm stumped here. Emotional writing? Love it. I might try make a few quid of it.

Have a nice evening. [Insert emotionless Vulcan smiley here]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
A Bachelor's is easy to get.

True.

A Master's is easy to get.

Trueish

A PhD is also easy to get.

Not really. Unless you buy one from a mill.

Mainly because it might be easy to get any old UG degree, but graduate school has slightly higher expectations than any old UG degree and can be much pickier.

Of course, doesn't mean a PhuD is a reliable source. Doesn't make one a fountain of truth. Just probably pretty knowledgeable about one specific area.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

I don't deny there's a degree of climate change, there always has been but not to the extreme all you Kool-Aid Drinkers profess....lol

Finish the Kool-Aid and buy some poor Polar Bear a Lifeboat sonny...lol

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
It's really great when someone puts actual facts in a video. Because just maybe the glowing flashing pictures may just get through deniers thick skulls.

You have been punked, owned and just about made a fool of.

Thanks for playing.

Well then, it looks like these 32,000 can be written off because three of them are oddballs with questionable mental capacity. I had to stop watching when I saw the article about some crazy nuclear thing was going on. Okay, so it isn't 32,000. Its 31,997 now since those three have been discredited as quack science.

If anyone has such poor reasoning skills that they will believe 3 = 32,000 I really don't want to even have a conversation with them so this is all I'm going to say about this issue. Sorry, try again, unreasonable individuals who despise the concept of rational reasoning and use math such that 3 = 32,000.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
In my opinion, the past ten years or so have really shown us that scientists are so afraid of losing their funding that they will say and do anything to keep it. I don't trust them. Their cronies repeat the experiments, and make it the new norm, and the rest of us follow these new norms like the sheeple we are.

Weather extremes are normal. One year, too many hurricanes. Another year, heavy flooding. Another year, darn cold winter. It's just the way of life on Earth.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Al Gore has been pushing the man-made global warming agenda for years....what the hell does he know. Is he a climatologist??? No he is not!! He has a B.A. in Government from Harvard and pursued, but never completed, a degree in Divinity and Law from Vanderbilt. Instead, he followed his father into Political Lying!

Al Gore's Biography

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
Here is a clue for the deniers.

There is weather.

and

there is climate.

They are both completely different things.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by AllexxisF1]

And what period of time constitutes climate when talking about a 4.5 billion year old planet?

I would say that 50 to 100 years should be considered weather on that time scale, and what we get over that period of time should be taken with a grain of salt and then added up, not looking at a short period of time and say this is climate change

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I started this thread simply to shoot down forever the ridiculous 32,000 "Leading Climatetoligists" BS that gets spouted whenever Climate Change is dicussed here.

Moreover its a perfect example for deniers to see that they are hillariously being duped.

Just look and skim through this thread and several things just leap at you.

1) A good majority of the posters in this thread need to go back to third grade science class.

2) They still don't understand the difference between climate and weather (which cracks me up like no tomorrow).

3) They still seem to think Al Gore is pulling core samples himself, when he is merely a spokesperson for the Global Group On Climate Change.

4) They fail to realize that this whole retarded debate is split into four groups.

A)The first being Climate Change believers who think carbon tax will work.

B) Climate Change believers who think the carbon tax is scum bags like Goldman Sachs and others to take advantage of a real global problem.

C) Climate Change believers who think humans are not the reason but instead its just a natural cycle.

D) Climate Change deniers (Morons). Yes Morons because if the vast majority of the worlds CLIMATETOLIGISTS (not weatherman with little to no background in science) with their MOUNTAINS of data aren't enough than nothing will convince them.

But really lets cut the crap shall we. This all comes down to people who refuse to give up their money to save anything, let alone the world they live in.

Funny how they all seem to be Republicans.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I don't think that anyone is denying climate change.

Climate change happens. We know it happens from fossil records. We know that the planet cools down and heats up. No denying that.

What we are is skeptical of Man Made Global Warming.

Yep and Man made cigarettes are just fine for you too!

According to leading scientists [paid by big biz].

It's the same thing... just a different topic.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

In light of this being made just after an extremely cold off record winter, and many saying now a mini ice age is beginning, I call shenanigans.

The world will only get colder from here on out to a few years. man made climate change is real. But to think it's going to destroy the world is absolutely foolish. And yes, we will survive as well.

The North Atlantic conveyor belt is tons of water flowing against the sea floor. Erosion will occur and shut it down if we don't.

Trees grow faster these days due to more CO2, and as many bioengineering makes things grow faster, they will not be much of a problem.

Russia is now fueling large amounts of the world's resources, and it storing their fresh water and oil (1/3rd of the world's fresh water), and water itself is easy to acquire, and I suspect it is not all that hard to get water out of the ocean with solar panel.

Under any other circumstances the World would die, but humans rule, and we solve problems. Don't worry.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The unstated goal of the carbon tax is take from the rich countries and give to the poor. Basically, that also just happens to be the stated goal of the NWO. So when we find a situation being forced upon us by various PTB tht without a doubt are in favor of the WNO what the Hell do you expect? Those that have learned to distrust governments of all shades will rebel. Yes, it is a simplistic, knee-jerk response. But you know what. It makes sense at this time.

Let's have some breathing room here, with huge, huge studies done by members of both camps to settle if we are being scamed or merely rushed into a "must do" situation. Unfortunately, the anti- side arrived at the game a bit late and the other side has been scoring heavily. Let's even the playing field and calmly arrive at a honest, and fair decision.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Al Gore is finished as far as his dreams of making a few billion off of the ignorant, trusting masses through AGW, anthropogenic global warming, scams.
The internet was the vehicle of his destruction.
Now..., he is smart, so...
He will "sell short"?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
star and flag for posting this video, I love to see facts instead of confident opinions.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
star and flag for posting this video, I love to see facts instead of confident opinions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join