It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh About Those 32,000 "Leading Scientists" Against Global Climate Change.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It's really great when someone puts actual facts in a video. Because just maybe the glowing flashing pictures may just get through deniers thick skulls.

You have been punked, owned and just about made a fool of.

Thanks for playing.

+59 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I don't think that anyone is denying climate change.

Climate change happens. We know it happens from fossil records. We know that the planet cools down and heats up. No denying that.

What we are is skeptical of Man Made Global Warming. MMGW is like a cult that alot of people are preaching like it's the second comming. Any sort of criticism evokes alot of teeth gnashing. And that sounds to me like someone is hiding something.

Personally I am very skeptical of MMGW. In my experience no one can predict the weather. And anyone saying they can predict the weather on a global scale is really stretching it IMO.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What happened to golbal warming? Oh thats right, you are calling it climate change now.

P.S. It was 12 degrees in south Texas this weekend

-E-

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It in the 30 degree range in Miami Florida. It never gets this cold for this long in Miami. We get into the 40 for maybe a day or two but that's it.
Never does it get so cold for so long.

I'd welcome so MMGW right about now. I'm freezing!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's winter, people.

Haven't you ever heard of the seasons?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Not in miami. We have omg it's hot weather and then we have a few days of break out your winter gear because it's going into the 60's for a day or two weather.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am so tired of the - if they are connected to tobacco companies or oil companies in any way ....then they have no credibility argument.

All research dollars are provided by someone who has a vested interest in the outcome. Even non-governmental organizations like green peace have a vested interest. You can't very well have an environmental movement and all that fund raising and all those salary dollars without some environmental catastrophe in the offing, now can you?

What you are doing is called slander and libel. If its the best you got...then you got nothing!

Tired of Control Freaks

+46 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't care about any 32'000 scientists. i never heard about them anyway. i'm quiet capable of making my own mind up about it, and I think man made global warming is BS. And I think Cap and Trade is a scam. And I think Al Gore is a conman.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Are your opinions grounded in good science, or is this a faith-based initiative?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

You don't have to be a scientist to spot a scam when you see one.
IMO predicting the weather is a huge scam.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

What part do you think is a scam, and why?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
What happened to golbal warming? Oh thats right, you are calling it climate change now.

-E-

Wow, just ...wow.

Seriously.

It was cold for a few days in Texas during the winter. I guess its just one big sham isn't it.

Deny ignorance..HA! this place is chock full of it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
As regards Mr. Gore, other poster's on ATS have shown with proof that Mr.Gore's father worked for an oil company with half a million $ salary per year, Mr. Gore himself owns/has shares in a carbon credit company, learning that really put me off Mr Gore and his teachings, one little bit of information I found out early last year disgusted me, the Gore household used six times as much electricity per year more than the average US household.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

That's because he's rich, and he lives in a huge mansion.

What do you expect? His house could hold your entire house several times over.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Well my biggest gripe with global warming is the whole cult status that it has now gained. Daring to speak out against it brings out the inquisition to shut you down and discredit you. The science should speak for itself. If anything this should be a huge red flag to everyone that something is not quite right.

Seconly now. The carbon credit trading scheme. That has to be the biggest scam ever created. Offsetting your carbon emission limit by paying someone else to get theirs? That's a load of horse crap.

Third. The science itself. Relying on computer models? Shoddy data. Excluding data. Outright falsifying data. It all stinks.

Now should we be seeking new clean energy alternatives and not be treating the planet like a huge garbage can? Of course no argument there.

But holding this mmgw noose around our necks is not the right way to do things.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

-E-

yeah...and south texas is the only part of the world that global warming talks about...P.S. so what if it was 12 degress in south texas?... and?... the connection???... the science your trying to explain???... your conclusion is what??? [snip]

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/11/10 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

I thought with the planet warming up and all.. we shouldn't be getting any colder days in than in the past. Shattering cold records across the south shouldn't be happening. Should it? I mean if the planet is getting warmer? It shouldn't be as cold.
Unless of course this is a symptom of global warming? Since the planet is getting hotter the winters are colder? Is this a side effect of mmgw?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Kaytagg, I can ask you the same = Which part do you think is not a scam and why?

But it will be a waste of precious time to argue with set minds.

Like many others here, climate change or even global warming is accepted, as it had been accepted since the dawn of civilisation when mankind started farming, fully dependent on the seasons for better harvests and knew 'somehow' something is affecting such changes, but only because their understanding of the climate is not as advance as we this generation are.

To attribute course of it to mankind is UTTER BS. Climate change is more than just the weather alone. It consists of Earth changes as well, solar activities and planetary gravity sciences of which we have yet to master. Our solar system do not stay fix in one location in the universe or are even the centre of it.

To think we man can affect the universe or even the weather is hubris of the highest degree if not utter stupidity. Not today, not now, or even with a few generations more, at the rate of our scientific knowledge anyway.

Go ahead, wring your sympathies out and buy the NWO propaganda of Carbon Trading, and sell out to the Corporations, money of which could have been spent to research and understand how we can protect mankind from the effects of climate change such as dikes to prevent flooding, urban planning of maximum usuage of land for agriculture and industry avoiding volcanic plains and active teutonic plates, etc, etc.

There is so much one can spend on than to believe paying money for carbon offsets will make climate change go away. This is the real danger and tragedy for mankind, which the climate 'scientists' are alluding and promoting on behalf of Corporations who in return gave them what they wanted, to save trees and whales, etc, the environmentalist agenda at the expense of humanity.

In the end, mankind had once again, been conned and doomed, when the effects of real climate change happens, just as they are experiencing now in Europe and Us and worse to come later.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The part where the mean temperature of the earth is increasing. That's not a scam.

The part where CO_2 is a green house gas. That's not a scam, either.

The part where hydrocarbon fuels are releasing more CO_2 into the atmosphere. That's not a scam, either.

What all this means for mmgw, I don't know. I, like most of the people on this site, will not pretend to be a climatologist.

As far as carbon credits go, I think they are more or less a good idea, because fossil fuels are a finite resource, and carbon credits serve as a monetary incentive for energy companies to put money into researching alternatives to fossil fuels. (In other words, it makes thing like wind/solar a profitable alternative to things like oil/gas.)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

The problem with the climate change agenda lies squarely on the 'carbon trading' issue, because there is a belief that for developing and even developed countries to continue with their economic industralisation, trading in carbon offsets will justify their continued expansion.

Simply meaning in all simplicity using its simple example, if you spew more CO2, you can just pay the indonesian farmer who is growing trees and continue to do so.

The scam lies in such arrangement. The indonesian farmer dont own that forest or if he does, it is just a pathetic small plot. It's the corrupt govts and Corporations who owns the most and had been buying up forest lands.

Thing is, will these arrangements, corrupted as it is, save mankind from the effects of climate change? None at all! It is all BS. Climate change will still happen for mankinds signature on CO2 is only around 5%! What had we done about the other 95%? NOTHING!!!!

With all our tax money going to 'carbon trading', nothing had been done to improve humanity's habitat called Earth on a broader scale over other complex issues of urbanisation planning.

What's worse is still that instead of maximising more arable land for agriculture to feed the world, companies are more than happy to grow trees than to plant crops. They get more money out of it and less the headache.

This was what actually happened when farmers and companies realized planting palm crops for oil is better and more lucrative than planting rice and wheat, resulting in less foodcrops grown with the alarming escalation of foodstuff prices today!

If MMGW is not a scam by NWOs and Corporations, than Rockerfella is a Vienna Choirboy and the Rothschild dynasties are descendants of Mother Theresa.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join