It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Magnitude 6.5 - Offshore Northern California

page: 3
23
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I've been watching CA intently since the 5.8 in Baja last week. Something has struck me as odd about the earthquake map lately. A pattern of multiple 2+ mag quakes within minutes of each other, along every set of fault lines, over a period of weeks. (Lots of activity of course is not unusual for Cali but there was just something about this...)

Last night, there was a 3.3. right on the plate boundary off the coast of Oregon.

Hopefully this is the end of it.




posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Another, fairly big one. 4.5, just confirmed on quake.usgs.gov...


4.5 2010/01/09 18:21:38 40.618N 124.767W 13.3



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   



Got it off some blog.



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx
 


already Posted End Of Page 2



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
earth quake in greece 3.8 ... nothing big .. but damn eh?



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Another, fairly big one. 4.5, just confirmed on quake.usgs.gov...


4.5 2010/01/09 18:21:38 40.618N 124.767W 13.3


Well that's not good. I wish Russianscientist would chime in here. His equipment covers over here.



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
8 aftershocks, only one is below a 3.0. Is that even normal?



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
....yeeah upon looking at this more what concerns me (as a citizen of Cascadia) is that it's on the edge of the Cascadia Subduction Zone. The 3.3 last night was smack in the middle of it.

Then again, these things do happen from time to time and nothing catastrophic happens. A couple of years ago there was a similar magnitude quake in about the same spot.



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
8 aftershocks, only one is below a 3.0. Is that even normal?


Pretty normal, this was a big quake. Expect more for a while.



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net...


Are These Earthquake Clouds? Just Curious, Taken in Pismo beach This Evening



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net...


Are These Earthquake Clouds? Just Curious, Taken in Pismo beach This Evening


I have no idea. This thread may help.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It talks about it. You could maybe send the author a u2u.



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ok so this is a conspiracy website .... I have been watching this earthquake episode since it break ... more like a montoring studying and have my browser up for updates... just browsed through another thread ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a thread about fema drills to see what was up and guess what i see ...

FEMA IS PREPARING FOR AN EARTHQUAKE DRILL ON JAN 20 .,... HARRP? ... naaaa just a coincidence ... go back to sleep sean ....


-peace love
sean



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx
 


Gotcha Thanks, "where is alyssaangel when ya need her, or robinmarks, or any of the yellowstone gang"?



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I was standing outside in Eureka when the quake occurred. Damage is minimal. Lots of power outages. Some broken windows. A few burst water mains. Lots of people walking around and standing outside their houses. I heard a transformer explode about 10 seconds after the quake. Tsunami sirens were going off in areas near the shore, though I didn't personally hear them.


It was a surreal thing to watch an earthquate from outdoors, where you can see the whole world move. Buildings bent and trees twisted... I was surprised that so little damage had been inflicted.


[edit on 9-1-2010 by Tearman]

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Tearman]



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
I was standing outside in Eureka when the quake occurred. Damage is minimal. Lots of power outages. Some broken windows. A few burst water mains. Lots of people walking around and standing outside their houses. I heard a transformer explode about 10 seconds after the quake. Tsunami sirens were going off in areas near the shore, though I didn't personally hear them.


It was a surreal thing to watch an earthquate from outdoors, where you can see the whole world move. Buildings bent and trees twisted... I was surprised that so little damage had been inflicted.


[edit on 9-1-2010 by Tearman]

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Tearman]


Did you, by any chance, get pictures? That sounds freaky. I'm glad not much harm was done.



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx
 

Nope, sorry. Didn't have my camera.



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
www.contracostatimes.com...


A 6.5 magnitude earthquake struck Eureka at around 4:30 p.m. Saturday, leaving much of the city without power and police scanners buzzing with reports of damage and injuries.


mashable.com...
This link has pictures of the damage

twitpic.com...
More here....

[edit on 9-1-2010 by TheCoffinman]



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InterconnecteD
 


Just out of curiosity, what do you suppose caused earthquakes before HAARP was built or conceived of? Quite a leap to blame all earthquakes on HAARP. In particular in a place that is prone to earthquakes.



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Sorry didn't mean to make it seem like i was putting all my potatoes in my sack.. ( not sure if that is the right expression ) not saying its haarp .. but i just love how fema gets lucky with the timing of these dates ... they are suppose to run drills on there just seems to be an emergency on teh same day ... like 9/11 .. fema was in there 9/10 b/c they were conducting a drill .. but i am sure many people are aware of that here...

dont mean to fear monger we have enough of that with all this BS news corps.

my apologize my good friend



posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
10 or more aftershocks. There are probably more to come.



new topics

top topics



 
23
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join