It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Zeitgiest really accurate, or part of NWO's plot?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Why discard metaphysical concepts that may very well be true without any evidence?

A lot of people remember past lives, there's a bunch of interesting cases, but this is off topic so I'll leave it at that.

I just wanted to point it out because it irks me when people have their mind totally made up about a subject that really isn't provable either way, though there is some evidence that points to reincarnation being real.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am not very fond of the title of this thread. What exactly do you mean by "accurate"?

Nothing is entirely accurate, the Zeitgeist movement is just a movement supporting the Venus Project.

The ideology behind Venus, and the reasons WHY we need Venus as a society, are presented through the Zeitgeist movies and orientations.

These documentaries, bring some evidence forward, and make a few suggestions as to what the evidence means. From this part on, you have your own mind, use it to either believe all, some, or even none of what the Zeitgeist movement is supporting. It is entirely your choice.

We, the members of the Zeitgeist movement are not part of the NWO, neither does the ZM or project Venus have any affiliations with NWO conspiracies. Actually, our opinion about the NWO is nothing like the general NWO opinion, but that's not the thread's topic.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Originally posted by Ismail

Hey man. Relax.
I am relaxed.

I'm not an NWO agent purposefully "avoiding" your points.
Can you point out where I said you were a NWO agent that is avoiding my points on purpose. You avoided my points, that was all I said.

"Intellectual dishonesty ?" I just wanted to make things clear.
Well, lets be clear on the dishonesty used in the first section. Lets be clear that it is inspired by religion, theosophical philosophies. Lets be really clear that Zeitgeist uses these, endorses them and promotes them by using them, if they were not part of the Zeitgeist philosophy in regards to the three sections of the Movie, then why are they there?
Are we clear?

I won't "move the goal post's either". Don't worry. I'm not your enemy. Just relax.
Dude, you seem to be imagining a lot of things, like things you imagine I think you are an agent and my enemy. I think you are the one that needs to chill.

Theosophical Philosophies, you say ? Ok. I'll say it again. I'm an atheist. In my mind, although i'll admit to some similarities.
I am unconcerned with your beliefs. My comments are to do with Zeitgeist. That is what the thread is about.

Theosophy is way to rooted with judeo-christian culture, and economic liberalism to fit in with the goals of the Venus Project.
Theosophy has somethings to do with Judeo-Christian culture and is more derived from eastern philosophies like Buddhism and Hindu traditions. I do not mention the Venus project at all, I simply point out that Zeitgeist uses these beliefs to drive its agenda in attacking three specific sections of our society to promote the Venus project in addendum. The Venus project does not criticize ZGM at all, or the theosophical philosophies used in the ZGM.
Theosophy relies on a belief in a hierachy within existence that spiritually we evolve to, the externalization of this hierarchy is what they are waiting for, this is a form of a messiah. This bit is important as to why Zeitgeist uses an argument against Jesus and Christianity in particular.
I suggest you actually learn what it is that Zeitgeist part one is based on. Many of the Sources in Part 1 are based on publications from theosophical societies. Archaya S(part one used her as a source heavily) actually used most of Kersey Graves beliefs is also heavily influenced by theosophy. Many other sources in the Zeitgeist Part 1 are also theosophically linked, Jordan Maxwell actually narrated the first section.

Also, I believe Theosophy rests on the idea of a superior human "race"(Aryans), which has a slight nazi feeling to it, and is definately against the principles advocated by the ZGM. Theosophy does not question the existence of the christian god, and does not advocate the dissociation between religion and philosophy, contrary to Zeitgeist.
Again you are wrong on many accounts, theosophy is a belief inspired by Helena Blavatsky. It directly challenges the christian God and promotes Lucifer in many ways.
Alice Bailey was also as significant as Blavatsky and established the Lucifer Publishing Co. based on Theosophy which is now the Lucis Trust, funnily enough they promote a religious day via the UN. www.lucistrust.org...

This is the prayer that was recited at the UN, and will be again this Year.
www.lucistrust.org...

www.youtube.com...

But of course Zeitgeist has nothing to do with this does it?
After all it just uses Alice Bailey, Helena Blavatsky et al from the Theosophical Society that also now promotes a 'world day of prayer" based on their beliefs, just for the first section of the movie.

I can smell conspiracy?
Well this is ATS!

Regardless of your attempts to distance ZGM from theosophy and what you believe the ZGM represents, it uses theosophy and new age religious beliefs to attack another belief in order to further the ZGM own philosophies and beliefs. Once again the dishonesty in this approach of propaganda from Zeitgeist is apparent.

The movie, though, as you say, does attack a specific religion. Christianity. In Addendum, it also attacks the FED. Why not the BCE ? Or the central bank of Dubai ? Well, because the movies (much to my personal dissapointment) are made for americans. Who happen to be christian. Conspiracy solved.
I guess you solved your doubts that way. The reason why is because it is new age propaganda. That is why. It is specific.

I understand your need to protect yourself from the attacks on your faith in the doctrine and dogma that Zeitgeist relies heavily on, although you mock others for doing the same in this post here
Zeitgeist attacks christianity, the US government and the FED for a specific reason. The US is the leader of the free world, the most powerful nation and I dare say economy. It is the cornerstone of the economic system we live in and its currency(see the fed) is the most influential currency in the world(or was).
The attack on Jesus is due to Jesus directly challenging the belief of the "saviour" according to Theosophy. That is why the historical Jesus figure of christianity must be destroyed in order for the "maitreya" or "world teacher" that is to come and who will usher in a "new age" according to theosophy.
That is why they need Jesus to be a myth that can be then interpreted as just the mythology of the "Maitreya" put into a regional or cultural context.
Ever heard of Share International. Should explain the "maitreya" to you.
www.share-international.org...
Lucis Trust have the same theme.
www.lucistrust.org...

Three: The widespread expectation that we approach the "Age of Maitreya", as it is known in the East, when the World Teacher and present head of the spiritual Hierarchy, the Christ, will reappear among humanity to sound the keynote of the new age.

Remember, Lucis Trust was formed by Alice and Foster Bailey who promoted theosophy as inspired and taught to them Helena Blavatsky. Zeitgeist part 1 is heavily influenced by these beliefs, the writings they published and those that copied or expanded on it.
Beliefs that also are promoting a "world teacher" and a "world prayer day" via the UN.
So my friend, I say the conspiracy is wide open, and you have been sucked into its religious philosophies because Peter Joseph uses these freely to build the view in the ZGM.

I believe these should be considered when considering Zeitgeist, and what it states.
Especially now that it is a global movement that seems to be recruiting people to its cause. A cause that uses theosophical religious philosophies heavily. Zeitgeist specifically uses a philosophy that is linked to the UN and a world religious philosophy.
Don't you find that disturbing for a group that apparently wants religion and superstition dismissed?
Surely even the most basic of arguments would see the stupidity of using a religion to dismiss a religion!
Unless there is something fishy going on.
webskeptic.wikidot.com...
If the very first section is so flawed, what else are they not telling us?
If they have to lie from the beginning, why believe what they are telling you about the Venus project?

That is what Zeitgeist is saying religion does, it lies, makes stuff up. Can any one say hypocrites?

Speaking of movies and videos that inspire beliefs:

From The ZGM website:

In fact, the only true "government" that can possibly exist is the earth and its resources. From there, all possibilities can be assessed. This is why an intellectual unification of all countries is needed
for the most important information we as a species can have is a full, highly detailed assessment of what we have on this planet.
An intellectual unification?
Do we all need to think the same?
Believe the same things?
That Zeitgeist believes?
Including the theosophical intellectual thoughts used in Zeitgeist part 1?

I found this incredibly hypocritical.

Our avocation is to achieve a social system which operates without money or politics, while allowing superstition to work itself out as education flourishes.

The only education Zeitgeist did in part 1 and the rest of the film was to promote specific beliefs in order to change beliefs or challenge beliefs to accommodate the ZGM world view. It did this by using biased, unfounded and unsupported works based on religious philosophy in Part 1 and conspiracy theory from there on in.

As for Addendum and Venus:

Zeitgeist, Fresco and Venus project. It is all politics and religion. All of it.
You joined it.
A Political group with an economic and social reformation ideology with a global agenda, and a religious group that challenges all other religions based on the theosophical religious philosophies.
Welcome to the Zeitgeist Movement!

[edit on 9/1/10 by atlasastro]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
"A Political group with an economic and social reformation ideology with a global agenda, and a religious group that challenges all other religions based on the theosophical religious philosophies."

ZM is not a political group in the common sense. Yes, it proposes cultural and sociological changes, but it is not active in politics as we know it. There is no affiiation with any political parties, the movement does not take any political sides, and we are simply not interested in the current system anyway. Also, whatever you are saying about Zeitgeist being a religious group, is just laughable. I can challenge any other religious or political system as much as I want to. If these systems are good and pure they shouldn't be afraid of our challenges, and you shouldn't be afraid either.

Seriously, what's wrong with challenging religion?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

A very large post there. This isn't going to go anywhere. You think the ZGM is somehow part of the NWO, and somehow, a new age religion. Both these ideas are so contradictory with the message of the ZGM, that they make me laugh. You appear to be smart and educated. At this stage it's just a matter of choice. You prefer to see the world out of a parnoid bubble. I am probably too naive. When (if) the movement asks me for cash to remain a member, to bow to a leader, or worship a god, I'll quit. Until then, I'm in. And no amount of youtube video material (waste of time and paranoid delusional, they were) is going to make me change my mind.

We probably both want change. I assume you are a conservative, and want your country to go back to the good old days. I don't, because I believe that you'll only end up with more of the same. The change I want is absolute. Your world is dead, or dying, mine has yet to be born.

To bad we couldn't get along.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Ismail]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

We don't discard them on a personal basis. Some things, like reincarnation, are actually quite an interest of mine. Nevertheless, such beliefs are not socially encouraged, because they are divisive. They need to be properly scientifically studied, and presented in a way that they are not divisive. The movement is even distancing it's self in a great degree from movie number one, because it is "conspiracist", and although many of us believe these things to be true, they are not really what the movement is about. We are trying to be more mainstream. The less we are labeled as tinfoil hat wearers, and utopian hippies, the more messages we can get across.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Ismail]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

It wasn't aiming for accuracy. It was meant to inform you that many religions share similar concepts and many messenger/prophets share similarities in terms of incidents in their lives. It was meant to inform that conventional forms of all religions are trash and not required. Too much hard earned money flowing into the church as well as other religious institutions to serve some imaginary force, money that could be put to good use. In the end it mentions that the only required thing out of all religions is the philosophy, metaphysics as well as evolution of soul which is offered in various forms by most religions. I thought the movie had an important message to it. Trust no one and never submit yourselves blindly to any one and dont believe all that you hear. Analyze everything yourself/do research so as to arrive at the conclusion.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

Ok,
If it wasnt aiming for accuracy, then why present it as if it is fact? That is misleading. Is ok now to falsify information as long as you get your message across?
The thread was created to compare the accuracy of the content of the movie to fact.
The religious section of the film is obviously pieced together in a manner that works for the agenda of the film makers. Such as the significance of December 25th, crucifixion dates, virgin mothers, etc.

It is inaccurate.

Is organized religion a method of control, and evil? Yes, absolutely.

I think we can all agree, that there was something fishy going on with 9-11. I like alot of the info provided in the film. Alot of it is possible, some plausable, and some speculation.

Quotes in the movie are taken out of context, also.

Does the film have a good message? Yes. Absolutely. Especially the parts about the USA being in bed with all of these people that we go to war with. Thats certainly not a coincidence.

Does it seem strange that a film that asks you if you think for yourself, is essentially lying to you? Yes Absolutely. Even stranger if you believe it at face value.

Filter the nonsense, take in the useful. Thats all I am saying.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I like Zeitgiest. If I never saw that movie in the first place, I never would have found my new home, ATS.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

In that case I sugest you watch Addendum, if you haven't. The message it put's forward is far more philosophical, and profound.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

I wasn't avle to see the whole addemdum video, but i did see how the corporate banks make interests and the fed reserve charge at around 10% more interests in loans. Thanks for the info. $tar for you.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I just wanted to chip in... it was the movie/doco that woke me up and prevented me from joining the army and going to places to kill people for no other reason than the fact the media told me this was the right thing to do...

I couldn't see how in any way this is pro NWO or anything like that.

The thing is now I am helping wake up others that have no clue about what covert agendas are in place - and this is also a learning process to deal with each individual at their own pace - and I'm glad to say I've woken more than a few dozen.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Before watching zeitgeist I was even pro-system at some point. I couldn't see beyond what we have today and I was convinced that this system we have today actually worked.

Watch Zeitgeist and then decide wether you support its ideas.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I wish Zeitgiest came out like 7 years ago before I joined the army, then I would of had an idea of what I was signing up for. I guess its time for me to expose Iraq and all its gory glory in the soon to be thread coming up soon. Stay tuned.

Edie: Nice screen name.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Did you fight in Iraq? If so, we are waiting for the details. I know it must be hard for you with all you've seen and been through at war, but the world needs to know what you know, information is the only way for us to fight!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Alasian

Tonight I will show all in my new thread. I have pics of my previous encounters with Iraq and will post them up tonight in my time zone.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

That would be awsome! Peace to you brother!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alasian

Sure thing, I just hope my unit doesnt crack down on me before then, but since I aint violating OPSEC I should't have any problems posting it, unless my connection goes to crap

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Zeitgeist is NWO propaganda.
Right off the bat they showed a ton of dis-information on religion.

Why? because what the Illuminati do is very Biblical and the more they discredit the Bible, the less likely anyone will pick it up and read it.
Of course they need to discredit the book that predicts all their future plans and condemns them till the end.

The more people they get to be atheist and evolutionists the better for them.
Plus most people are too stupid to read the Bible.
Illuminati and Vatican worship Satin and Baal all day it would be stupid to dismiss the Bible.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by EndOfTheWorld7]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
How come everyone who's attempting to debunk Zeitgeist, they only talk about the religion part? You can't say it's NWO without evidence! What you presented as "evidence" was just more theories. I got news for you, Zeitgeist is a theory, and you can't debunk it using another theory. Use evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join