It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Zeitgiest really accurate, or part of NWO's plot?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Hello ATS. I had been hearing how good the video Zeitgiest was for quite some time. Before I joined this site, I was told by a friend to watch Zeitgiest so I can open my eyes, but I didnt understand at the time what he meant by it until I watched the whole thing. It wasn't until I saw the whole video that I started to get suspicious of what the government was really up to and how we are slaves in the system. I was wide awake and mad at what the army was really using me for and thats when I decided to get out until getting stop-lossed
. Recently I have heard rumors that Zeitgiest was the work of the NWO and that some if not all of the related topics in the movie was nothing more then a fabrication just to support the Venus project. So ATS, this is the question at hand. What parts in all the Zeitgiest movies were actually real and very accurate, and if they are real then how did it help you in your struggles in life. I welcome any input that you guys might have.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
There is a growing consensus among many of us that Zeitgeist is indeed compromised in some manner.

And that it attempts to mislead and or distort the situation so that "we the people" will seek pre-planned solutions.

Hmmm, I am not really sure exactly how to put it.

All I know to tell you is this, I really think it was created by the NWO to deceive.

Not saying that the information in it is not true, most of all the details mentioned could be true.

I just think the information is "spun" and used in a deceitful way to "herd the cattle" into accepting predetermined solutions or outcomes. And to me that has Illuminati / NWO written all over it.

So yes I personally think Zeitgeist was created by the Shadow Government for the express purposes of disinformation.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

It is a New Age religious propaganda piece. IMHO.
The first movie attacks three foundation of our society, religion, politics and economics.

Zeitgeist Addendum then is used to promote the New Age UTOPIA via the venus project etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
For accuracy's sake, before you read my answer, it's best that I state that I am a member of the movement.

The zeitgeist movies, and the zeitgeist movement are a part of the activist branch of the Venus project. Our goal at this time, is to inform as many people as we can about the possibilities of a ressource based economy. That is the first step. Information. To create critical mass.

I also have heard lots of rumors about the zeitgeist movement, and the venus project being part of the NWO. The movement's position on the NWO is the following : the NWO does not exist, as many picture it. The NWO, is more of a natural evolution of the monetary system. It is not comprised of particular individuals, meeting in the night to take over humanity. We refer to the NWO as the "corporatocracy". Buisiness men pursuing the logical road to profit. Because in a monetary system, the absolute, and only goal is profit, these people do not need to meet. They are already operating under the same general principle : profit (of course, most of us do not exclude existing power groups, such as the bilderbergers or the trilateral comission, we just view them as another form of lobbies). The pusuit of profit and power is a natural declination of the monetary system, not a conscious plot to take over the world. The result however is just that. We believe that we are already living in what you call the NWO. That's globalism.

Now, I have heard rumors, and members of ATS, who believe that the Venus project, is the NWO. Here is my uptake on the situation. These acusations generally come from right wing or conservative members. The venus project advocates a society free of countries, money, and religion. This bugs many conservatives, as it conflicts directly with their own cultural standpoints.

It is no coincidence that these people label the Venus project as "communist", and affiliated in some way with the NWO. They are persuaded, because of their political bias, that the NWO will necesarily come in the form of a communist dictatorship. We believe that we are already living in the NWO, and that the NWO is the modern, globalized neo-liberal system. "None are more hopelessly enslaved tahn those who falsely believe to be free".

The zeitgeist movies challenge people on a cultural level. They attack many of the values this society educates us to hold as sacred. Patriotism. Religion. Money. This provokes a knee-jerk reaction in those who have embraced one or several of these values. Some will understand the message in the movie, and accept to reflect on themselves, on why they feel challenged, or hurt, and maybe they will gain some openmindness from that. But many will simply relapse into the confortable mental boxes that they, or society has built for them, and scream "NWO ! NWO !" because the message is contradictory with their culturaly induced beliefs.

The venus project, and the ZGM, have NOTHING to do with the NWO. On the contrary, they advocate equality and freedom between all men. Rightwing nuts will tell you "no, the venus project is communism". This is ridiculous, and shows 1) They have no idea of what the venus project is, 2) They have no idea what communism is. I suggest you visit the movement's web site, and check out the activist's orientation guide, where it goes into the mecanics of the ZGM and the Venus project. Make up your own mind. But remember, be open about it. The basis of the movement is the scientific method. Use reason. And proof.

To answer your second question. The movies condensed basically all of my beliefs, and challenged a few. These films changed my life, for the better. I am no longer afraid of my fellow man. I learned what love really means. And I found the biggest and most important lie, ever. One that shapes the world, and that every institution on earth is hellbent on getting you to believe, because it serves as an excuse, and as an obstacle to innovating ideas. Human nature. Human nature is a lie, and does not exist. It is one of the most paralizing notions that exist. Human nature is the biggest myth society has ever perpetuated. When you understand this, then, my friend, and only then, are you truly free.

Hope I helped.

Take care.

Ismail.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Ismail]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
What parts in all the Zeitgiest movies were actually real and very accurate,

Have a look at www.zeitgeistresponse.info...

conspiracyscience.com...

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Oh. Links to religious people *cough* debunking *cough* a movie that questions their faith. How surprising.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Id say it was accurate in showing how paganism has been merged with christianity

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Kind of the *cough* Pot calling the kettle black*cough*.
The whole first section that attacks religion is based on Theosophical philosophies, Theosophical religious philosophies.

So there is no "religious debunking" going on, just religious propaganda.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
It definately rocks the faith of anyone that is a firm believer in Jesus, as the entire first half is set upon proving he didnt exist within a certain time period

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

I think it is important to dissociate spirituality, which the movie does not attack, and in fact encourages, from organised RELIGION, which the movie does attack, as one of the most dangerous and crippling instutions ever to exist.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by project_aurora

Very true. And if it rocks your faith... It must be NWO ! ^^

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

I totally agree. I have watched the Zeitgeist movies and then I did some research elsewhere. It's true. But how anyone say it was made by NWO and or shadow government is beyond me. It gives us the facts of what is happening in the world today and what is going to happen. It's opened my mind up and helped me keep aware of what is going on around me. As for the religion part that is true too. Anyone with half a brain would come to realise religion is a sham and a control tool.

It's not rocket science!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail

I think it is important to dissociate spirituality, which the movie does not attack, and in fact encourages, from organised RELIGION, which the movie does attack, as one of the most dangerous and crippling instutions ever to exist.

I agree 100%, thats why it restored my faith in Jesus, only because both the quran torah and bible believe he existed. I figured his message was way to relevant for today. I just dont trust the church

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by project_aurora

That a very interesting reaction. I hope it's working for you. I myself am an atheist, but I respect those who humbly cultivate a form of personal spirituality, don't try to push it on others, and have freed themselves from the people who tell them what and how to believe. Star for you.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I really enjoy watching Zeitgeist/Addendum, I have done so many, many times. But I too have been confused as to its validity after seeing numerous people 'debunk' it's content.

It's a case of who to believe really. Do your own research if you can but if not use some common sense and gut feeling. All I know is that I had lots of questions before watching and quite a few were answered.

For me, if it wakes a few people up to the idea that something isn't quite right then it does it's job.

I recommend it to anyone

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail

You state above that you think it is 'important to dissociate spiritutality...etc"
Of course you would think that way considering you are advocating the Zeitgeist philosophy.
But my original comment which you are avoiding was in relation to Theosophical Philosophies that are the foundation that is used to attack organized religion. It does not attack all organized religion, it is a specific attack.
Theosophy is organized.
The people who promote these beliefs were organized.
The argument against religion in Part 1 was organized based on theosophical texts and writings made into a movie and now they have a movement, a movement you belong to.
All based on the theosophical religious views pertaining to other organized religious movements.

Please don't try and move the goal post in the discussion. Distancing the religious nature of theosophy that inspires the entire first section when it suits your argument reeks of the intellectual dishonesty that the entire movie is steeped in.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This is exactly why I made this thread, so we can discover the secrets of Zietgiest and how it affects us. As most of you know already, you have recieved $tars from me as thanks for sharing your knowledge about zeitgiest and if my connection wasnt so slow, I would search them all. Good job everyone.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I mention in my blue beam investigation how the information zeitgeist presents could be the exact same information that the new world order uses to destroy the muslim/christian religions. Think about it, they both believe Jesus was a prophet/special. if you could disprove his existance to the entire world at the same time, you would have effectively destroyed both of those faiths

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think it is a very neat movie, but in whole, not very accurate.

The religious parts in the beginning are displayed as if this is fact. What isnt presented is that these are just theories. The other parts that are not theory, are based on assumptions.

Thats why it doesnt site any source material. At least not in this section of the movie. Its THEORY.

But as you move away from the religious part of the movie, there are some great points about our economy, and how big business came to be.
But even these parts are theories, and not to be taken as absolute truth.

So I hope people take it for what it is. It is one group of people's opinions and theories on how our world works. But even if it were 100% true, It wouldnt be enough for me to join a "movement".

That sounds like cult activity, because it is. Im not going to be a part of anyone's "movement".

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Hey man. Relax. I'm not an NWO agent purposefully "avoiding" your points. "Intellectual dishonesty ?" I just wanted to make things clear. I won't "move the goal post's either". Don't worry. I'm not your enemy. Just relax.

Theosophical Philosophies, you say ? Ok. I'll say it again. I'm an atheist. In my mind, although i'll admit to some similarities, Theosophy is way to rooted with judeo-christian culture, and economic liberalism to fit in with the goals of the Venus Project. Also, I believe Theosophy rests on the idea of a superior human "race", (Aryans), which has a slight nazi feeling to it, and is definately against the principles advocated by the ZGM. Theosophy does not question the existence of the christian god, and does not advocate the dissociation between religion and philosophy/spirituality, contrary to Zeitgeist.

The movie, though, as you say, does attack a specific religion. Christianity. In Addendum, it also attacks the FED. Why not the BCE ? Or the central bank of Dubai ? Well, because the movies (much to my personal dissapointment) are made for americans. Who happen to be christian. Conspiracy solved.

edit 'cos I can't spell.

I checked out wikipedia on the subject of Theosophy. My assertions on the Aryan bit appear to be false, although a splinter group did actually create the precursor ideology of nazism, and the infamous Thule society. Nevertheless, I remain convinced that Theosophy is way to "religious" to fit in with the Venus Project. I mean, come on, they believe in reincarnation and angels, which the ZGM dismiss as superstition. It's basically a mix of buddhism and christian beliefs. Both of which are discarded.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join