It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackson Health System halts dialysis for poor patients

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.

I don't have the solution to these things.

I know that I wouldn't want to linger in pain for the last two months of my life so some company would make more money.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Obama Nazi Health-Care Plan Revolves Around Hastings, Agency of the British Crown's Eugenics Movement

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.lifetree.org...

Two Decades to an American Culture of Death

How a handful of progressive foundations and quasi-government agencies
set out to provide equitable distribution of health care,
and in the process, created a duty to die and a culture of death.
And how they hope to secure their legacy . . .

Featuring the collaboration of:
the Hastings Center, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF),
George Soros's Project on Death in America (PDIA), Institute of Medicine (IOM),
AARP, Choice in Dying, and a number of prestigious universities,
to name only a few.

[edit on 063131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 063131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.

I don't have the solution to these things.

I know that I wouldn't want to linger in pain for the last two months of my life so some company would make more money.

I agree with the lingering part, I honestly don't know what state my mind would be in, I might want to savor ever waking moment, miracles do happen, I have experienced them.

How ever I want the choice.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

with this in mind.

Abortion desensitized the people, now they think euthanasia on demand can't happen?
Prenatal Brain - Fetus Has Short Term Memory At 30 Weeks, Says Study

www.scientificblogging.com...

This change in response is called "habituation." In a second session, the fetus "remembers" the stimulus and the number of stimuli needed for the fetus to habituate is then much smaller.

Based on their research, the scientists found the presence of fetal short-term memory of 10 minutes at 30 weeks. They determined this because a significantly lower number of stimuli was needed to reach habituation in a second session, which was performed 10 minutes after the first session. They also found that 34-week-old fetuses can store information and retrieve it four weeks later. Fetuses were tested at 30, 32, 34, and 36 weeks, and again at 38 weeks.

The 34- and 36-week-old fetuses habituated much faster than the 38-week-old fetuses that had not been tested before. This implies that these fetuses have a memory of at least 4 weeks—the interval between the test at 34 weeks and that at 38 weeks.

It is the weak and the feeble, the innocent and the helpless, the ones that have no voice.

I am doing the best I can, but I think it is to late.

Remember people, no one is safe,

You are not exempt,

the elite run the show.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
this is a death sentence
my father is on dialysis

you know what the funny thing is?

my father, along with many others with kidney failures are on dialysis because of Celebrex and other horrible pharmaceutical drugs.

the FDA should pay everything out of their pockets as well as Big Pharma.

This isn't because people didn't take care of themselves, for some it may be, for for some it's also because people had faith in their health providers.

this is just disgusting

btw, this is a very similar thread

at least similar to me

[edit on 7-1-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Two Decades to an American Culture of Death

Medicare's Hospital Program Went Broke in 2007. Nobody Noticed.
www.garynorth.com...

Why They Really Want to Kill Off the Elderly and Disabled
www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
this is a death sentence
my father is on dialysis

you know what the funny thing is?

my father, along with many others with kidney failures are on dialysis because of Celebrex and other horrible pharmaceutical drugs.

the FDA should pay everything out of their pockets as well as Big Pharma.

This isn't because people didn't take care of themselves, for some it may be, for for some it's also because people had faith in their health providers.

this is just disgusting

btw, this is a very similar thread

at least similar to me

[edit on 7-1-2010 by ModernAcademia]

I am sorry to hear about your father, and I was just mentioning that to another poster that so many of the costly complications people develop towards the end of life are from pharmacuticals used to treat other things.

My elderly mother is in the last weeks/months of her life and while whats ultimately going to kill here isn't normally life threatening her immune system is been so compromised from decades of pharmacutical regimens that there are no effective anti-biotics left to fight off simple infections anymore.

The pharmacutical companies in my humble opinion or simply managing our slow deaths for profit.

And doing it in such a way that it leads to death.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

OMGosh, my doctor wanted me on celebrex and I only took a few.
I was asking people if it was bad for you and EVERYBODY said it was fine.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

The State of Florida just settled it's lawsuit with Tricor today.

It's amazing what big Pharm does to make a buck!

Florida wins settlement against maker of cholesterol drug TriCor
By NIRVI SHAH
[email protected]
Florida public hospitals and health departments will be paid $1.5 million from a settlement with Abbott Laboratories and two related companies as part of a settlement over antitrust allegations regarding the cholesterol-reducing drug TriCor.

In 2008, Florida, 24 other states and the District of Columbia sued Abbott and two French companies, Fournier Industrie et Sante and Laboratories Fournier, alleging the companies blocked competition from less expensive generic drugs by making periodic changes to TriCor's formula, preventing generic substitutions.

The suit said the changes allowed the company to charge monopoly prices for TriCor, which accounted for $1 billion of Abbott's sales last year.

States suing the three companies also said they filed sham lawsuits they knew were invalid just to prevent or delay generic competition.

The companies settled the suit this week, agreeing to pay $22.5 million in all to state and local government agencies, including public hospitals and health departments, in overcharges for TriCor.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Nice find. I predicted this several months ago on here that the elderly and those on dialysis would be some of the first to reap the "benefits" of Obama's health care. They're just too darn expensive to support, being "useless eaters" and all.

Expect to also see the "one child policy" insist on taking your DNA to see if you should be allowed to have ANY children.

There are a whole host of people who eat up health care dollars and don't pay taxes due to their disabilities. The elderly have already been mentioned. Dialysis patients are an obvious target. Brittle diabetics, those actively collecting disability checks, cystic fibrosis, bilateral amputees, severe mental retardation, congenitally defective babies.

The list is quite lengthy and the above are just a sample of those who will die in the morass of red tape and bean counting waiting to be approved for their fair share of the health care pie.

When I see such as this, the first thought that comes to mind is How did they get that way? and isn't there some way to fix the problem?

Yes, illegal aliens are a drain on the Sickness Care System. Caring for them means that there are less care resources available to our own citizens.
Ours should Always Come First.

Doing some kind of work up to be allowed to have children is a must.
Humans have over 4000 heritable defects. We should concentrate on eliminating the worst and most obvious of them.

Congenitally defective babies should be euthanized at birth. It is cruel to let them live or to do many surgeries so that they would live mizerable lives, taking up valuable rescources that could be better used elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Tragic! However, I don't read this story as being as much about healthcare as I do immigration. The article stated that all but 41 patients have found alternative treatement centers, those 41 being illegal aliens and not eligible for government programs. Seems to me those illegals caused one care center to buckle under the cost of their care - just imagine what is going to happen nationwide when we add 30 million of them!? Time to close the damned borders!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

I take it that you have done your research on the matter.
Take Omega 3 oils and Vitamin B-6.
If you have arthritis in your knees or hips - have the alignment of your frame checked out. Flat feet can do a lot of damage to that alignment.
Doctors never do this. (Personal experience - figured it out myself.)
Take care of yourself and you won't have to worry about the broken Sickness Care System.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Tragic! However, I don't read this story as being as much about healthcare as I do immigration. The article stated that all but 41 patients have found alternative treatement centers, those 41 being illegal aliens and not eligible for government programs. Seems to me those illegals caused one care center to buckle under the cost of their care - just imagine what is going to happen nationwide when we add 30 million of them!? Time to close the damned borders!!!

In a way you are wrong and you are right. The illegals are adding to the cost but keep in mind this is Miami and some of the richest and most charitible citizens immigrated here to the United States and have a lot of sympathy for the illegal immigrants.

Until the Tax Laws were changed to limit the tax breaks for charitible contributions Jackson was well funded through those charitible contributions.

The tax laws are going to cause and are going to cause those donations to dry up and while yes some of those donations go to illigal immigrant care, some of those donations also go to legal citizen care as well too.

So everyone is loosing in the system.

Also even if you are a legal immigrant you have to have paid into medicare for five years before you become elligible for benefits.

Some of those 45 people are in the country legally but not with 5 years paying into medicare, they are also being denied care as a result.

Whats more is that many of the legal poor being denied treatment will have to wait longer between treatments, in some cases be put on waiting lists to get alternative treatment and have their health suffer in the interim.

Ultimately the 45 illegal immigrants will still get treated but at the expense of the institutions themselves when they show up in critical condition and the emergency rooms are compelled to treat them legal or not insurance or not.

The only real differences initially is that they will have to go through the back door to get what they were once getting through the front door and the costs to both them and the institutions back door is going to be greater as a result.

More than anything this is a result of the new tax laws.

The government is actually trying to muscle in and control the whole health care system and to take away the chances for excellent hospitals like Jackson to be funded locally and ultimately run locally.

I agree that illegal immigrants are placing a tremendous burden on the hospitals and schools and that should be rectified through border enforcements and deportations not simply allowing them to die painful deaths once here from a lack of available medical care.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Thanks.
But I am confused about you wanting to euthanize congenital-defective babies at birth.
I was born with SEVERE ALLERGIES and asthma and was in an incubator a long time, before I could go home.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Starred and flagged!
This is just the beginning of rationed or denied care. Once the full health care bill is passed and signed, this will become commonplace.
When Obama talked about "spreading the wealth around", he also meant health care. The brave new world health care bill does just that, using an algorithm based upon years of life left, to determine whether patients can have treatment for ailments.
At some point, hopefully, people will rise up, and put a stop to what is going on in American, before it becomes impossible to do anything about it. We are on a fast path to complete tyranny.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well said Professor and its truly sad as well as amazing that so many of us have predicted that it would soon be coming to this.

Here we are less than a year after the start of the healthcare debate beginning to face exactly what we most feared would be a result of government’s intrusion into healthcare…euthanasia of the itinerant and indigent that have no intrinsic value to the state.

Regardless of the reasons to allow such things to happen is a reflection upon us all.

I have a funny feeling that some deep pockets will shortly be opening here locally in Miami to put a stop to this now that the word is out but I fear many other locals who don’t have such a high concentration of upwardly affluent and extraordinarily wealthy individuals won’t be so fortunate.

Who will help the hardest hit places like Detroit or Cleveland or other rustbelt cities and states falling on hard times?

Fascism is in vogue again I fear. It won’t be long to jackboots echo through the streets at this rate.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It won’t be long to jackboots echo through the streets at this rate.

Very true my friend. The last regime that did that, also wrote laws behind closed doors, then posted them on doors, and soon thereafter started rounding up people.
There is a slight glimmer of hope, however. Check out the Youtube video thread that I posted today, concerning CNN condemning cadndidate Obama for lying about being transparent concerning health care debates.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I did and starred and flagged it too.

Sadly Jack Cafferty has become a pompous fool since he started publishing and selling books. I used to enjoy watching the Cafferty File and would often contribute emails too it until he took a decided liberal turn.

The plane sad truth its incompetent clods like Cafferty who got Obama elected as they touted him as the guy who really gets it and knows what he is talking about and full of great ideas. Any responsible person who had read Obama’s abysmal legislation efforts in the Senate that were ALL rejected by his peers could have realized he was an empty suit that would have trouble with a children’s connect the dots puzzle.

Of course once a pig stinks up the sty enough there is no amount of lipstick in the world that can make it attractive so now they are all turning on Obama for the sake of their own plummeting ratings and credibility.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The plane sad truth its incompetent clods like Cafferty who got Obama elected as they touted him as the guy who really gets it and knows what he is talking about and full of great ideas.

True. It is amazing how quickly he turned on him though.
Look at his commentary about Obama from March 2009:

Commentary: Obama a leader who actually leads
By Jack Cafferty
CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- What a welcome change to feel like someone is running the country instead of running it into the ground.

President Obama has done more in eight weeks than George W. Bush did in eight years -- unless you include starting a couple of wars.

While the armchair quarterbacks second guess the new president, he gets up every day and does things, lots of things.

Whether it's creating commissions for women and girls, ordering the investigation of President Bush's use of signing statements, or jamming a huge stimulus package through Congress, the man is working his tail off. And he seems to be loving every minute of it. It's almost as though our president was born to do exactly what he's doing. He's leading, and boy, is that refreshing.

I remember many times when Bush was in office wondering who the hell was running the country. Then he would appear somewhere in front of a handpicked audience to utter some banalities or say something utterly stupid and I would be reminded. I don't miss him.

It certainly is funny, isn't it, my friend?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It is not just funny but basically criminal in how the media branded and marketed Obama as a savoir with all the answers who they had absolute confidence in.

The campaign was an absolute travesty with Obama running against the lame duck president not in the race and almost dismissing his opponent in the process as being a non-consequential extension of the lame duck president.

He really allowed no debate, answered no serious questions and managed his campaign like Michael Jackson on a publicity tour.

That so many Americans fell for it, is truly sad, and we are going to be paying the consequences of that for generations to come in the way of debts and policies created during this difficult time.

One thing is for sure though Cafferty and his family can afford the best medical care and schools.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join