It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF to blanket Israel with gas masks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So, I found this article and it is about the entire population of Isreal getting Gas Masks..
Now, is there something more going on here, or are the Govt. of Israel just being 'better safe than sorry' in this move. ??

IDF to blanket Israel with gas masks

The Home Front Command is planning to begin distribution of individual protection kits, i.e. gas masks, to every citizen starting in late February, according to a cabinet decision taken last week.

Originally, just over 60 percent of the population were to receive kits, but a decision to extend that protection to the whole country means the production of the necessary equipment has been stepped-up, and another billion shekels is needed to fund to the endeavor.

The plan is to distribute protective kits to each of the nearly eight million citizens (in line with a population estimate for 2013), over a period of three years.
Advertisement

Debate over how to appropriately defend against chemical and biological warfare has been ongoing at both the political and professional levels for more than a decade. Both the defense establishment and the Israel Defense Forces have been involved in discussions.

I also want to add, that in January last year, there were an article going around that said that Afghanistan had bought 4 million Hazmat-Suits, I cant for the love of god not track down this article, I know I posted it on my FaceB. but it is not there any more..

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
yeah heard of this. This is not a good sign, Looks like they'll be attacking Iran soon. Why isn't anybody else here talking about this?

By the way Chemtrailing very heavily the last 2 weeks here in So Cal. Also not a good sign, Are the Elite about to set something off real soon?

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Metafive]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
So, I found this article and it is about the entire population of Isreal getting Gas Masks..

It was posted last year, why dont people do a search before starting a new thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It is my understanding that the Israeli population already has/had gas masks. For some odd reason, it seems every few months this story comes out as new important info (or perhaps only that's here on ATS). In any event, they have had them, this is not new. Sorry. Actually, I'll have to find the artical but they even have them for their pets (ie gas masks for dogs) I remember the article stated that Americans had been contacting the maker, but supposedly he only distributes in Israel, but like I said I'll have look for article.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
It is my understanding that the Israeli population already has/had gas masks. For some odd reason, it seems every few months this story comes out as new important inf

Here is a story from 2003
www.independent.co.uk...

Here is one from 1990
www.nytimes.com...

one from 1998
www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 6/1/10 by dereks]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I don`t know maybe i`m just jumping on conclusions, but when i looked at the dates they seem to correlate with the following dates:

2003- The Iraq War

1990- The Persian Gulf War

1998- Iraq's disarmament crisis

Could we soon see something developing in Iran?

From the 2003 Independent article

"If the chance of us being hit is 1 per cent, the preparations we have made provide the answer to 100 per cent of the dangers"

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This sorta thing does not make one feel very safe, means some people know something is going to go down soon

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
They always do this, there are surplus Israeli masks all over stores here and internet. Chem, were you in the military? We had some Israeli 'reserve' ones, as a just in case thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Actually the situation is definitely escalating. Israel has finally bolstered their mid-air refueling fleet to the extant that they are ready for an attack on Iran without the US Air Force being involved.

Check out my thread on it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join