It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Window cleaning chemical injected into fast food hamburger meat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What a shocker, huh?
More chemicals are found to be in your childs food?
Who would of suspected?
They must get kickbacks from big pharma!

If you're in the beef business, what do you do with all the extra cow parts and trimmings that have traditionally been sold off for use in pet food? You scrape them together into a pink mass, inject them with a chemical to kill the e.coli, and sell them to fast food restaurants to make into hamburgers.

That's what's been happening all across the USA with beef sold to McDonald's, Burger King, school lunches and other fast food restaurants, according to a New York Times article. The beef is injected with ammonia, a chemical commonly used in glass cleaning and window cleaning products.

www.naturalnews.com...

Wheres the beef?
Its getting "reprocessed".

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

E. Coli, Salmonella Found in Ammonia Treated Beef

The safety practices of Beef Products Inc., a South Dakota meat processor that treats beef trim with ammonia to eliminate E. coli and Salmonella, are being called into question. According to a recent New York Times report, Beef Products’ ammonia treatment method may not work as well against E. coli and Salmonella as the company claims.

Beef Products exposes its meat to ammonia gas, which raises its alkalinity, making it less hospitable to E. coli and Salmonella. According to The New York Times, the process has allowed Beef Products to engineer fattier beef trimmings – more susceptible to contamination – into a leaner product. Prior to the introduction of the ammonia method, such fatty trimmings were usually used to make pet food or cooking

www.newsinferno.com...

Mmm! Hungry yet?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

BPI's products are found in the majority of all ground beef produced in the United States. Current production of over 7 million pounds per week, makes BPI the world's largest manufacturer of boneless lean beef in the world. Eating a hamburger from a Quick Service Restaurant or buying ground beef from your local retailer, the chances are you'll be eating product produced by BPI.

www.beefproducts.com...
What, no more cheesburgers?
I am positive I will starve now!

[edit on 6-1-2010 by dodadoom]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

OH, fudge,

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I am very sorry for the downer S.

Just giving the parents and everyone who eats a heads up.

I am not sure if fudge has been fudged with though!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

I am very sorry for the downer S.

Just giving the parents and everyone who eats a heads up.

I appreciate that doda,

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Thank you SD!
I am quite surprised the first response
to this thread wasn't one of a bashing nature!

Thank you for the appreciation, it means alot.
I have a weakness.
Its called caring for others.
Dang human nature anyway!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Time to find a local butcher that processes his own fresh meat. Sadly, these guys are getting harder to find in our society that now has to settle for market ready meat products.

My grandfather was a butcher and I am glad that he is not alive to read this. His ground beef was second to none and made fresh every morning.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Funk me running. Dang man, owell i don't eat fast food to often anyways.

No more burgers!

S&F thanks for bringing this too light.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Great idea! Star!
I would also encourage buying only from a trusted source.
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Funk me running. Dang man, owell i don't eat fast food to often anyways.

No more burgers!

S&F thanks for bringing this too light.

I dont eat alot of meat either thankfully.
I dont see that changing much with this news.

Your heart will thank you for it!

Thank you for that and for your reply!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Yeah, start growing your own food eh? Yeah and thanks for the post!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I will only go to wendy's or in-n-out from now on. this is totally gross.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
First off S&F

These basta&%$ poison our food and all of the USA Gobermnt does is pass the "Hamburger Bill" to protect them from being sued. I hope that a majority of governors open their eyes and see how corrupt this has become(although I think they know). Maybe the Governors of several states will get together and activate the their National Guard to protect us.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The next Generation's Life expectancy will be sooo Low ..

Depopulation has started ..

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Miammiiiii Gammelfleisch FTW!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Appreciate the confirmation, information.
Did hear this rumored a while ago.
Hope family will remember this when choosing fresh, over fast food.
Apparently 'food' and chemicals are the 'fast' parts of these places.
Hopefully more people take this into consideration and choose to make their own food..!

LOVE

link   
for about three years i lived on my own .. (in between living with parrents and getting married ) and i admit i ate that garbage everyday almost ( i know i know) but ever since then i've been eating home cooked meals 99% of the time and i have to say its for the best .. although every time i think im totally cured of the fast food i see an add for bk or mcD's and its like my brain says ... yea you know you want it .. and i'm telling you right now for me its like fighting off needle drugs or smokes lol its hard to kick .. but well worth it
.. my body hated me during that time but i didnt care.. ive always knowen that it wasnt pure meat but this post somehow seals the deal for me lol

link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Man is it sad that that picture made me hungry for a steak? Ah well.

I'm not surprised that this happens to fast food joints at all. They have to pump out millions of burgers a year its no wonder they could cut corners to keep costs down. I think however if your willig to ingest a Big Mac you probably shouldn't worry about glass cleaner in your food. My favourite thing about fast food joints is seeing the calorie chart. A big mac alone was something like 800 calories but with the fries it jumped to over 1100 and I still feel hungry after one lol.

I dunno maybe its high time everyone support the local butcher.
Thanks for the heads up OP! nicely done.
Cheers

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The small amount of ammonia you digest from this is readily broken down into non-harmful substances.

You might as well say you are eating a knife because a knife was used to cut the meat!

Since many plants like lilac and cucumbers thrive from a treat of ammonia, they should change the article to: "Plant food injected into fast food hamburger meat"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join