It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ChrisDodd To Step Aside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

ChrisDodd To Step Aside

voices.washingtonpost.com

Dodd's retirement comes after months of speculation about his political future, and amid faltering polling numbers and a growing sense among the Democratic establishment that he could not win a sixth term. It also comes less than 24 hours after Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.) announced he would not seek re-election.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The great Senator Dodd retires! OMG! How can that be? Chairman of the most powerful Senate Finance Committee, responsible for most of the nefarious Democratic successes including Tarp, Stimulus, Obama Care and the root cause of the Financial Collapse (along with his buddy Frank in the House) will soon retire in disgrace! Another fallen party member among the many who aren't able to face their constituents for reelection.

"Dodd's troubles were politically ironic, coming at a time when his power on Capitol Hill had reached a breath-taking level that most legislators dream of but never come close to achieving."

His "troubles" were mostly of his own making! Like not representing his constituents, lying, never being open and forthcoming about current legislation, supporting tremendous pork and giveaways to party contributors, lawyers and Unions and on and on.

Glad to see the Honerable Senator Dodd out of here at last! At least we don't have to hear of his corruption any more! If only Frank and Pelosi could follow it would be a more perfect world!

voices.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
We will have to make sure the silverware is still there after he leaves.

Damn, too late, the silverware, the treasury

GONE!

[edit on 1/6/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Don't worry. There are plenty of other sociopaths willing to sell out their country that will gladly take his place.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
it's just not fun anymore, now that there's no money to spend!!!

they're bailing out left and right...lol!

we NEED a third party, filled with people who are interested in more than their self interests...people who care about this nation!

maybe we should start a reality show, kind of like american idol, only it would be more like.."You could be President"...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well hopefully he is replaced with a nice Elephant riding man determined to save the day through the utilization of time tested success-filled, strategies that leave the citizens
pooping their excessive gold reserves into the mouths of down trodden, individualistic, yet hard working elite world bankers

I nominate Gramm, Leach or Bliley to ensure that America recreates the fine financial functionality we all benefit from today!

May the regurgitated ore pour into our chalices once again like it did last year

S + F

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
DP

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Could his decision, to step down, have anything to do with the Christmas bomber blame game? After all, he did siphon funds that were originally ear-marked for TSA bomb-detection, into his own pet-project.

An other Blow To Embattled Dodd: Senator Caught Cutting Bomb-Detection Funding To Fund A Pet Pork Project

I'd say his decision wasn't entirely his own. He's just one of the few casualties, we'll see a few more before the week's end.

BTW, does anyone know if Senators and/or Congressmen keep their full pension and benefits if they leave on their own, versus if they are removed? If they do, then we may see many more 'retirements', or 'step-asides' before election time. Crooked basstards!

[edit on 6-1-2010 by SourGrapes]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Does CT get to keep the money for UCONN that bought Dodd's vote on the healthcare bill?

This is, what, like the 3rd, 4th one of these guys to call it quits?

They ram through this bastardized corporate bailout called healthcare reform then 'retire' because they cant be re-elected theyre so hated all the while walking around telling us how good it is for us.

Take the money and run.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Good question, see my question above. I edited to add it to my post. I'd be interested to know what benefits and salaries they keep if they step-aside or retire. Also, is there a certain minimal time-in-office before they can receive retirement benefits and pensions?

Edit to add:

Also, can they be brought in and charged, or impeached - with the possibility of losing all benefits - if found they acted in malice while in office?

[edit on 6-1-2010 by SourGrapes]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

His "troubles" were mostly of his own making! Like not representing his constituents, lying, never being open and forthcoming about current legislation, supporting tremendous pork and giveaways to party contributors, lawyers and Unions and on and on.

Ahhh. So he's a typical politician who probably got caught doing something he shouldn't have been, was approached about it and given a choice. Quit or get quit.

Thats what it sounds like to me anyway.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Dodd is retiring to make his financial killing, which amounts to his "pay off" by the financial giants for whom he has played the patsy. They owe him big time, and he will soon become a wealthy man indeed. Thats how things work in Washington. You take care of "them" while in office, and they take care of you once your time in office is over. Wonder when Barney will retire? The Banks owe him a huge debt of gratitude.

In addition, I think it is pretty well-known among the traitorous crowd in Washington that their nefarious acts will eventually give rise to "serious" public ire and animosity, as the financial system continues to collapse under their guidance. Dodd may simply be "heading for the hills" to hide out, before a lynch mob comes to meet him at his door.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yep. Time to bail out and pull the rip cord on that golden parachute, before the voters shoot you down next election. Only problem is that he'll still be at the controls long enough to make sure that the plane crashes.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Don't worry. There are plenty of other sociopaths willing to sell out their country that will gladly take his place.

Republicans and Libertarians will probably do another "Contract with America" stressing honesty, openness, getting bills in front of the public before voting, budget balancing, pork reduction, cut the interest group favoritism and so on. That will be the agenda for about 3-4 years till the news media turns the tide away from idealism and finds something else to distract America with like they did with homelessness, GW, "Bush lied", the Iraq War, etc.

America's attention span is relatively short.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
YAY!!!! Dodd has stepped down, a win for hte people of CT
i had a feeling he was gunna. IM a ct resident. I didnt like his views at all, he was all for hte auto maker and big bank bailouts... enough said.
whos next

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm ecstatic that this guy is stepping down. Hopefully they can find someone to represent the area that has no ties to the Dodd family whatsoever. His father was a total bat-poo crazy person as well. Good riddance.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'll tell you why he is stepping down...yes...he'd lose the seat anyway...but that's not the real reason.

The real reason is that he put in legislation in the bank bailout bill allowing bank executives to get their millions in bonuses....guess who told him to do that???

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.

Discuss.....

Oh...and don't worry about him leaving Washington...I'm sure he'll find a lobbying group that will pay him to be a newfound LOBBYIST.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet the main reason is because of his in-the-toilet poll numbers which suggest he would lose his seat. He's vacating so a "more well-liked" Democrat can run in his place. It makes the odds of a Democrat retaining the seat higher than if he ran.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I bet he is going to prison too eventually.
To my taste he is such an obvious icky lying whore cretin...he is like the poster child for some new disease...I don't see how anybody could have voted for him, ever, unless it was like an art-concept-statement of pure perverse absurdity...that might have been OK...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I guess the bankers will find it a little harder to pay bonuses next year, Unless he sneaks another bill in befor he leaves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join