It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ChrisDodd To Step Aside

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I bet he is going to prison too eventually.

Nice thought but it won't happen. Obama would pardon Dodds without a bit of doubt!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

when that bank bailout was being decided in congress....who was president???
and which party was it that wanted to put in some control over pay compensation for these banks....and which party shot it down??

sorry, but well, rewriting history works better is you wait alittle longer, so, well, people's memories aren't as vivid???

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Left right dem repub.

But to keep things historically accurate.

The Dems controlled congress during ALL of the bailouts, so no obfuscations allowed to derail the OP. The President DOES NOT control the money, Congress does. They do not have to follow ANY Presidential plan, it is theirs and theirs alone.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I like many am very happy about this small, somber victory for us, America, and the world. Let's keep this ball rolling- take out more trash, and start prosecuting for treason, seize all assets, lynch mob.
If Dodd wasn't elitist enough to keep his job, then the reptilian theories are out

So is Schiff a distant for the Republicans in his district?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Lol, if you remember the initial bailout, my friend, it was Pelosi who was championing it all the way. As the poster above mentioned, it was Congress who authorized the bailout--not the executive branch. Of course, Hank Paulson, former CEO of Goldman Sachs, was Treasury Secretary. But do a quick check on where most of Goldman Sach's campaign contributions go--mainly to the Democrats.

The point is that it doesnt really matter who sits in the president's chair. Its business as usual in Congress. We need to kick out all the incumbents who have sold their souls to their corporate/banking masters--Democrat and Republican alike.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

when that bank bailout was being decided in congress....who was president???

That's another problem I have with Bush, he allowed freshman Obama to make the decisions along with Congress. His heart was already in Crawford, TX.

That was where Obama proved his corruption: Obama's Big Sellout
Obama is bought and paid for by big banking and Wall Street! He's their man!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Of course he would. Wasn't Dodd Obama's single largest campaign contributor during the 2008 election?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You are partially right...and I goofed. The amendment wasn't added into the bank bailout bill...

It was added in the STIMULUS PACKAGE.

Yes...it was STILL DONE.

Dodd Blames Obama Administration for Bonus Amendment (Update2)

March 19 (Bloomberg) -- Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd said the Obama administration asked him to insert a provision in last month’s $787 billion economic- stimulus legislation that had the effect of authorizing American International Group Inc.’s bonuses. Dodd, a Connecticut Democrat, said yesterday he agreed to modify restrictions on executive pay at companies receiving taxpayer assistance to exempt bonuses already agreed upon in contracts. He said he did so without realizing the change would benefit AIG, whose recent $165 million payment to employees has sparked a public furor. Dodd said he had wanted to limit executive compensation at companies that got money from the government’s financial-rescue fund. AIG has received $173 billion in bailout money. His provision was changed as the stimulus legislation was negotiated between the House and Senate. “I did not want to make any changes to my original Senate-passed amendment” to the stimulus bill, “but I did so at the request of administration officials, who gave us no indication that this was in any way related to AIG,” Dodd said in a statement released last night. “Let me be clear -- I was completely unaware of these AIG bonuses until I learned of them last week.” He didn’t name the administration officials who made the request.

www.bloomberg.com...

Rewrite history? Hardly...Was it a mistake on my part on which bill the amendment was on...YES.

Don't you remember when this was happening in the news?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Dodds?

Here was Obama's top contributors:

University of California $1,591,395 Goldman Sachs $994,795 Harvard University $854,747 Microsoft Corp $833,617 Google Inc $803,436 Citigroup Inc $701,290 JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132 Time Warner $590,084 Sidley Austin LLP $588,598 Stanford University $586,557 National Amusements Inc $551,683 UBS AG $543,219 Wilmerhale Llp $542,618 Skadden, Arps et al $530,839 IBM Corp $528,822 Columbia University $528,302 Morgan Stanley $514,881 General Electric $499,130 US Government $494,820 Latham & Watkins $493,835

Which brings up the unrelated question of why the hay is U of Calif. contributing to Obama a nice 1.6 M?? Otherwise this does help prove my point that Obama is in the pocket of the bankers!

And Dodd was complicit!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join