It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how they were thinking to get away with it !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I've worked in the neighborhoods of South Phoenix, Vegas and Tucson and lemme tell ya - those areas ain't no joke. Weapons galore. Miami can be lovely, but it can also be deadly.. L.A., etc..

By and large, though, America is a safe place and a great place to live. That's one thing I most love about it. There are more good places to live than bad.

Overall, I feel safe. And just in case I don't, I have a pitch-black pit bull lurking through my house while I sleep. She's invisible and very quiet. I love it! She's my little monster.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
now you see... with the taxmoney spent to catch bin laden & scum the police in USA could have been reinforced to kick asz of all these gangs.

further more deathpenalty would be the thing to get back in all USA states !
clean up the trash... for good.
but keep it cheap !
why do they always have to disinfect the arm of a deathrower and using a brand new needle to inject the stuff on a table that costs 10.000's USA $ and also some medical doctors whom should be in the hospital for the real patients ?? why not using a rusty needle and injecting it with plenty of big airbubbles and letting the prisonjanetter check if it worked ?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I have been to Iraq.

I have seen sheiks in souks driving new cars. That's a sight to see.

Iraqis are heavily armed, conventionally.

Go to any wedding in the Arab world. You will hear gunfire.

Guns of all kinds.

These idiots that fire fully automatic weapons in the air to celebrate are not very intelligent. You see what goes up, must come down.... and when it does, it does not just fall harmlessly to the ground. Bullets falling from the sky can still kill you. That is why here in Arizona we have the random gunfire law and technology to trace where gunfire comes from in the city of Phoenix and surrounding communities. I will bet that when someone gets killed by celebratory gunfire in the mideast that it gets blamed on Isreal or the US.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE , your tactic to get a rise out of the bleeding heart crowd is humoring and quite obvious ....Actuallyit really wasnt all that funny.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i like to tilt the scale of bookkeeping with the taxpayers money to the honest citizen instead of the waste of good taxmoney that could be spent elsewhere where it is more needed !
security for the innocent citizen's for example !

btw:ihave you ever asked your favorite
politician what the actual costs are to keep a prisoner in a jail ? and how much it is to keep a deathrowprisoner there each day in the special cel ?
have you asked the actual price for an execution ?

it is done with good taxpayersmoney !!

you probable have forgotten this ? just check it out please and review what you have posted above !

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
And what of the system? The system is not perfect as you indicated, it waist taxpayers money on a long drawn out redundant process to dispatch those in our society who are deemed corrupted. There for the system must be flowed, a flowed system must makes errors. Do we create a quick and easy approach of illumination that would be cost efficient and effective?

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Opus]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I understand traditions and nuances that are typical in any culture. Was it a wedding or was it not is pretty irrelevent in my opinion

The Iraqi's themselves need to remember that they are in a warzone. There are sacrifices that people must make during a war. If that means sacrificing the traditional "shoot off guns," then so be it. The soldiers have been trained to shoot if fired upon. They were fired upon and they did their job.

I believe we apologized because it was politically correct, not because we were wrong.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
the "system" should benefit the "victims" and not the criminals.
so does it make sense to create "the law" but afterwards doing all possible to "kick the teeth out of this law" on the account of the taxpayer?
i think not.
and as terrorists are involved there should be only one hard line followed:
get these bad elements out of the society for good.
i think it ridiculs the law if you give criminals a 2nd or 3th oportunity to
do their criminal activities over.
mercy ? i think we better use the mercy for their victims don't we ?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
NOGODS:

"btw:ihave you ever asked your favorite
politician what the actual costs are to keep a prisoner in a jail ? and how much it is to keep a deathrowprisoner there each day in the special cel ?
have you asked the actual price for an execution ?

it is done with good taxpayersmoney !!

you probable have forgotten this ? just check it out please and review what you have posted above ! "

So are you proposing we fast-track executions instead of having death row and allowing the appeals process to be utilized?

Well, obviously you're talking specifically about US criminals, since not one terrorist has been convicted by the United States of America yet.

As for the wedding, it WAS a wedding and it WAS attacked by US forces. They're killed others in friendly fire incidents, hy do you think this is any different.

I'm not proposing they did it on purpose, I'm saying they DID attack the wedding then when they realized their mistake they tried to cover it up in the media.

Not because they're evil, but because they're stupid.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
fast track:YES !
deathpenalty spoken out by the judge.
same day execution !
plenty taxpayers money saved.

wedding: NO !
please take a look what kinda weapons were showed in the video !
these are WAR artillerie connected.
(check any weapons enceclopedia on the internet)

the setup of the scene was:let it look like a wedding.
the purpose was:we provocate the USA and now they will react
and give us good footage we can use against the USA.

if warlords are giving a festival under the cover of "a wedding" than this
is no excuse to stop the war ! especially if you carry and fire
WAR artillerie in the neaberhood of USA military guarding the warzone.
the USA is not to blame for this but the warlords have got what they have asked for.
if it happens that they hired a deejay and a band.. well bad luck for them !
these should have been thinking twice before working for the bandits.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So its agreed the system currently is flawed .. Right ?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As for the wedding attack. I hate play the devils advocate, but some of the fanatic Islamic groups use civilians as fauder with out a second thought, we all know this.

That said, the US horrid command and control at times and skews up information, or is handed disinformation playing into the hands of the terrorist propaganda machine..

But with regards to the weapons, only a fool would walk around Iraqi country side with no weapons. Think of it� Villages in Iraq are sometimes quite far from each other, and many people have to walk. Your on your way to a wedding, you have gift for that wedding. There are armed bandits on the roads. I`d be packing, hell you bet !!

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
NOGODS:

"fast track:YES !
deathpenalty spoken out by the judge.
same day execution !
plenty taxpayers money saved."

And only at the cost of a few innocent lives! Because there have been death row inmates who have been pardoned because they have beebn found innocent while they were waiting to be executed.

You would make a good Nazi.

"wedding: NO !
please take a look what kinda weapons were showed in the video !
these are WAR artillerie connected."

Psst. Their country is being OCCUPIED by a foreign power. There is very little police presence in any of the large cities, and less outside the large cities.

"the setup of the scene was:let it look like a wedding.
the purpose was:we provocate the USA and now they will react
and give us good footage we can use against the USA."

That's your guess, and not a really good one. They STAGED the wedding, hoping they would be attacked and killed and then they could blame the US as demons? People were willing to sacrifice their children and their entire family for that? You're delusional.

"if warlords are giving a festival under the cover of "a wedding" than this
is no excuse to stop the war ! especially if you carry and fire
WAR artillerie in the neaberhood of USA military guarding the warzone."

Spellcheck is your friend. So is education and logical thinking. Your opinions are conjecture and opinions, and pretty bloodthirsty ones at that.

It's their country, if they want to fire their guns in the air at weddings they can.

What if it was fireworks? Is that also an acceptable reason for them to be blown away?

Let's hope you are shown more compassion by your fellow man than you show to them, pal.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
don't you think the USA is fed up with all these lame excuses of arab traditions used as cover ups for the real terrorist actions ?

-no sniff dogs in mosque = weapons cache for terrorists
-driving 4x4 jeep / pick ups to mariage = terrorist transport warlord / bandits
-war weapons / ammo carrying to protect for bandits = terrorists pose as innocent civilians

to give couple examples.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So NOgod this much we can agree upon, right, the system is flawed in the execution process.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
AS for the wedding bombing , I feelThe US didnt do it on purpose. The US was only going on the information they had.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
NO !
i think for example prez.bush's brother,the governor is at the right track to deal with criminals !
with the speeded up excecutions more time is coming avaible to care for the victims and for opening the chase on criminals at large to catch them too.

if you are concerned ...point it to the victims and general innocent public please.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Nogod are you aware there are other cultures in this world other than American? Are you aware that many of these cultures have been in existance for thousands of years longer than Americas? Are you aware that as a percentage of overall population America is a very small player in the world?

Don't get me wrong, I still believe we live in the best nation on the planet. We have the most money, the most power and the most responsibility. But let's not forget that we started from a group of citizens who were mad at their government, packed up and moved to start their own country. We moved to a place where our only competition was a group of natives who had no education, nor much in the way of commerce and industry. We killed them though and started over. Today we are seeing the Iraqis try the same thing we did, just with a more defined culture and less room to grow (not many places they could pack up and start over).

You are demonstrating a very narrow minded view of the world, I suggest you try traveling some, even to the middle east. Before you slam this entire culture learn more about them. Most are honorable, deeply spiritual people who deserve a chance. You give them none and slam everything they believe in. Funny that is the same thing the terrorist do to our culture.

Oh as for the death penalty. Get a freakin grip, I hope you never find yourself on the ass end of a bad DNA test. In your world they would have you hung or beheaded before anyone could even beging to review it. You want to kill way too easy.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
stay to the point please !
strategic handling warsituation and solving justice problem !

but i find it very peculiar that mostly the criminals & terrorists get sympathy
of people calling somebody who want to take action against that a narrow minded person !

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've read many of yours posts. I have concluded you are an idiot.

In Iraq and similar places, people celebrate weddings by firing guns into the air. Fact. A similar incident happened in Afghanistan, when an American plane was shot at (accidentally) by an Afghan wedding party, they dropped a 1000 lb bomb (I believe) on the wedding party.

You ever seen the film 'Black Hawk Down'? You see civilians there buying AK47s, and you see them being test-fired right into the air.. Yes, it's only a film, but it's designed to reflect on reality.

What happened at the wedding party was a tragedy. An American plane/helicopter falsely perceived it was being shot at. As they have been trained to do, they retaliated.

Now, to your death penatly point..
Hundreds of people have been found innocent after they have been executed, there are several cases in the UK alone. I do not know any references off-hand, but I'm sure they are easy to find. The Western world, supposedly a civilized place, realize that execution is a stupid thing to do. We are into reforming people and helping them intergrate into society.. Some of these people need to commit crimes (admittedly, not murder, in most cases) to secure their family's lives (money, etc).
Are you honestly trying to say that the petty thief should be hung?
Have you never committed a crime in your life?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join