It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fibromyalgia, Cause and Cure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Star for you for using the same kind I do. *laughs* actually I like that they have more unuusal flavors like cinnamon.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

As for the gluton, Celiacs disease can cause symptoms similar to fibro. And many people are considered undiagnosed celiacs.

It doesn't hurt to go on a gluton free diet(minimum 6 months to see if it works)to rule that out as a cause.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You mean "gluten" I am sure.
Gluton means overconsumption.
Something we should know well in this country....
Thanks for your posts NN!

Just wanted to say thanks for the thread!
Finally it is looked at as a real problem!
My entire family suffers from it as do I.

If I was to say what I do to relieve the symptoms,
I would be looked at as one with a head problem.
So I won't.
Course I do hang out on a conspiracy website...

I only want to wish good luck to whomever suffers from it,
and thanks to everyone else for your patience with us sufferers.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by dodadoom]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Speaking of flouride, I wish you guys would watch this. It is fascinating. It could be posted in nearly every subject at ATS.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My uncle cured his Fibromyalgia by eating lots of garlic and avoiding foods like peanut butter. He said the disease is caused by a fungus. He lives way out in the country and does not have flouride in his water. I am being lazy because I just took some benedryl and it is kicking in. So if anyone wants to look into this, I am sure there is information on the internet about it.

I got a fungus a couple years ago and the swelling went away within hours of eating garlic and rubbing it on the affected area. It's good stuff.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I would like to add that I believe gluten and fiber contribute to IBS, mental problems, inflamation and skin irritations, many vegetable oils are high in omega 6 which by eliminating these items you will automatically raise the Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio in a favorable way, reduce the body producing excess mucous to help the intestines push out the insoluble fiber that you ingested (why eat something that the body cannot digest and steals vitamins and mineral from you as it goes through your body?), clears skin rashes and acne and brain fog. I have been eating a very low carb diet for two years now and the last five months have been near zero carb, the difference in my life is amazing. Most of the time I only eat ribs, ground beef, baked chicken wings, steaks, eggs, and occasionally cheese (I don't even crave cheese anymore and only have it when eating out). I know others that have had pretty bad cases of FMS and starting eating meat and eggs and saw improvements within two weeks.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm just not so sure about this, because I grew up on well water, and some of the worst FMS symptoms I ever had as an adult was when I had well water. I certainly think we need to avoid fluoride, but I don't think its the cause of my brain fog.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wycky

I am a FMS sufferer. I seen this thread and had to make an account so I could reply. I am 32 years old and was diagnosed at the age of 22, finally. My symptoms first appeared when I was about 16. Pain pain pain!!! I went to my family doctor with pain so intense I wanted to die! He sent me for x-ray after x-ray with no sign of any injury. CAT scans and MRI's, neck and back munipulations and my favorite part, the doubt and attitude I got from my doctor. The one you are supposed to go to when you aren't well. The one you are supposed to trust with your life! After about my fourth or fifth visit in one month, because I was still in PAIN, he (my doc) told me I had to stop coming in because I was wasting his time and my insurance wasn't going to keep paying for my visits. All I could do was cry and suffer. I don't know what happened but finally after six years he tells me I have FMS and I would end up in a wheel chair eventually. WHAT?? I eventually got a new doctor, which I should have done sooner I know now. My new doc assured me that my previous doc had no way of predicting anything of the sort
Physicians please listen to your patients! Just because you can't see anything on tests don't assume they are hypocondriacs. LISTEN PLEASE! The frustration we go through with our doctors make things worse. We trust you and count on you to help us when we are in need.
As a person, a human being living with this condition, I know how it feels not to be believed. I am in constant varying degrees of PAIN . I have insomnia, IBS, chronic fatigue, depression, short term memory loss and muscle spasms so bad I end up in the emergency department at least four times a year!
My family still does not believe me. No matter how much phsical pain I live with everyday of my life, it doesn't compare to the hurt I suffer when no one believes me. I have tried to pass on information to my family about this disease and they don't even read it. A support system is needed.
I was reading all the posts here in this thread and the tears started running. Rufus you helped me get through this day. Suicide is a regular thought of mine. The only thing stoppping me is my 13 year old daughter, who needs me here no matter how much pain I am in.
I used to ask why I was being punished. Why anyone would be cursed with this condition. I now realize wearen't being punished and we aren't cursed. We are strong people who, even though some days it doesn't seem like it, can handle it.
To everyone who has FMS or thinks they may have FMS, I believe you!

[edit on 6-1-2010 by SufferingInOH]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
People can say fibro is this or fibro is that.

I think it is interesting that fibro is NOT new. In South Korea when the women exhibited symptoms of fibro, they were taken into shamanic training.

Whatever fibro is, it turns up the volume on everything.

It's like the House of Usher family. Remember the dude that in that? Bright lights, loud noises - everything hurt him...

I've lived with it for many years now (dx by neurologist and an anethesiologist) but I've got better recently.

Now I had a surgery, and no pain medicine would cure me. I had a team of anethesiolgists trying to put me out without killing me. They said it was evidence of my 'central sensitization.' My other doctor said, yes, that was the fibro.

I should add that nothing ever helped me, until I started meditating...a lot.
I am clear as a bell now. At one time I was in a wheelchair - I had neuropathy with my nerves demyelinating - think that is what threw me into fibro - but anyway, I'm dancing and walking 2 miles at a time now.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Gee Whiz! That is the most depressing video I've seen! That poor wrestler, he was appealing to the wrong crowd, but he was RIGHT!

In the future I can see more people giving up certain technologies in everyday life and going make to sustainable living, simple living, small communities with home grown food and using trade instead of script (well it isn't even script money anymore it's e-money. To stop a lot of the troubles we are seeing. To slow down.

Bring this back on topic, I think a lot of fibro is caused by fast living, stressed jobs and fast food. Our bodies are on high alert so much, from driving to work, to watching stressful Tv shows before we go to bed, that the body forgets how to relax and it causes or contriobutes to fibro.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SufferingInOH

I'm so sorry with all you are going through. It's been my kids who have kept me in the world, too. Sometimes you just have to take it one day at a time or one hour at a time.

There are some good fibro communities online, if you want me to give you an url or two, let me know. Having someone understand is such a gift to fibromites, the community I'm thinking of even has a rant section to get it all out.

(I know some message boards don't like you giving out url to other message boards, but these would never be in competition and ATS is the hugest board I know of.)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MadameGuillotine

Thank you so much! I would love to check out some sites that offer support. Especially the one I can rant on lol. It's good to vent once in a while.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Fibrotalk

Is the very best place I've found! wonderful people, great boards, tons of info and things like an online diary and a chat.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable information. A lot of it I was aware of through my own personal investigations on this debilitating disease, but you have shed new and valuable info on the subject especially regarding dietary restrictions. Thanks so much!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SufferingInOH
reply to post by wycky

I am a FMS sufferer. I seen this thread and had to make an account so I could reply. I am 32 years old and was diagnosed at the age of 22, finally. My symptoms first appeared when I was about 16. Pain pain pain!!! I went to my family doctor with pain so intense I wanted to die! He sent me for x-ray after x-ray with no sign of any injury. CAT scans and MRI's, neck and back munipulations and my favorite part, the doubt and attitude I got from my doctor. The one you are supposed to go to when you aren't well. The one you are supposed to trust with your life! After about my fourth or fifth visit in one month, because I was still in PAIN, he (my doc) told me I had to stop coming in because I was wasting his time and my insurance wasn't going to keep paying for my visits. All I could do was cry and suffer. I don't know what happened but finally after six years he tells me I have FMS and I would end up in a wheel chair eventually. WHAT?? I eventually got a new doctor, which I should have done sooner I know now. My new doc assured me that my previous doc had no way of predicting anything of the sort
Physicians please listen to your patients! Just because you can't see anything on tests don't assume they are hypocondriacs. LISTEN PLEASE! The frustration we go through with our doctors make things worse. We trust you and count on you to help us when we are in need.
As a person, a human being living with this condition, I know how it feels not to be believed. I am in constant varying degrees of PAIN . I have insomnia, IBS, chronic fatigue, depression, short term memory loss and muscle spasms so bad I end up in the emergency department at least four times a year!
My family still does not believe me. No matter how much phsical pain I live with everyday of my life, it doesn't compare to the hurt I suffer when no one believes me. I have tried to pass on information to my family about this disease and they don't even read it. A support system is needed.
I was reading all the posts here in this thread and the tears started running. Rufus you helped me get through this day. Suicide is a regular thought of mine. The only thing stoppping me is my 13 year old daughter, who needs me here no matter how much pain I am in.
I used to ask why I was being punished. Why anyone would be cursed with this condition. I now realize wearen't being punished and we aren't cursed. We are strong people who, even though some days it doesn't seem like it, can handle it.
To everyone who has FMS or thinks they may have FMS, I believe you!

[edit on 6-1-2010 by SufferingInOH]

Same here wycky , Only I am DXed with RA only I suspect wrongly because I don't have the classic disfigurement or red swollen joints associated with RA so often . I have taken the immune suppression drugs for years and many other RA meds along with other Pain meds not a whole lot of good ( well I say that but if I'm off them four or five days I'll be in tears ) but I have to take them twice a day as a maintenance med to keep the constant pain tolerable .

Like others I went through several Doctors and the shame of feeling like a drug seeker and lieing before I found one willing to help me so this DX was better than none for me and since most my family on my mother's side has it maybe mine is just different . Painful but different .
John

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MadameGuillotine

That footage of that old wily Bush standing on that ship with that smirk of his, claiming Mission Accomplished -- the snake in the grass knew it was only the beginning of a carefully executed set of plans that had been in the works for who knows how many years.

Ooops, that's really offtopic, sorry.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Do any of these remedies work for POLYmyalgia?
If not does anyone know of anything that can help with polymyalgia?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by equistar
I would like to add that I believe gluten and insoluble fiber contribute to IBS

You need soluble fiber or else you won't have regular bowl movements (3-4 times a day)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

I realize that that is the standard opinion (even Ancel Keys has change his viewpoint) but fat does not cause dietary and will cleanse the intestines very well and as well as go to many different areas where the body need fat (brain, joints, etc...) it is much more gentle to use fat to clear out the intestines than fiber, it's called roughage for a reason.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by equistar

Fat will clog you up more, who's recommending fat for intestinal cleaning?

Soluble fiber isn't roughage it's stuff like pectin found in fruit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join