It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True, What Every Person Should Know...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+95 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hello everyone!

A Must Read when it comes to Conspiracies that have been proven or confirmed. There is ALOT of information contained in this link so take the time to read and watch and im sure you wont be disappointed. Just remember these are the ones that the government ADMITS to either openly, with de-classified documents or other witness testimony.....Below are a few of my favorites...

Operation Northwoods:
In the early 1960s, American military leaders drafted plans to create public support for a war against Cuba, to oust Fidel Castro from power. The plans included committing acts of terrorism in U.S. cities, killing innocent people and U.S. soldiers, blowing up a U.S. ship, assassinating Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees, and hijacking planes. The plans were all approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but were reportedly rejected by the civilian leadership, then kept secret for nearly 40 years.

Author James Bamford, "A Pretext For War", discusses the declassified "Operation Northwoods" documents revealing that in 1962 the CIA was planning to stage phony terrorist attacks on the US and blame it on Cuba to start a war:

The Church Committee:
The Church Committee is the common term referring to the United States Senate Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations with Respect to Intelligence Activities, a U.S. Senate committee chaired by Senator Frank Church in 1975. A precursor to the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, the committee investigated intelligence gathering for illegality by the CIA and FBI after certain activities had been revealed by the Watergate affair. The Committee uncovered, among many other things, that the CIA had violated its charter to perform only gathering of intelligence. For example, the assassinations of Allende in Chile and Mossadegh in Iran. Assassinations against Central and South American leaders and revolutionaries, as well as Africa, Middle East and East Asia. The list was tremendous. They even declassified a “Heart Attack Gun” the Agency had made for the use of killing someone without it being detected. Cancer, car accidents, skiing accidents, suicide, boating accidents, heart attacks, and just plain being shot were common assassination methods. The hearings, although recorded in full in congressional record, the mainstream media and official policies, is still largely not taught in American schools on recent history. The American public still has no idea this was ever actually confirmed or even took place. It is common for people to still refer to any of these assassinations as a joke or made up conspiracy.

CIA Drug Smuggling in Arkansas:
August 23, 1987, in a rural community just south of Little Rock, police officers murdered two teenage boys because they witnessed a police-protected drug drop. The drop was part of a drug smuggling operation based at a small airport in Mena, Arkansas. The Mena operation was set up in the early 1980's by the notorious drug smuggler, Barry Seal. Facing prison after a drug conviction in Florida, Seal flew to Washington, D.C., where he put together a deal that allowed him to avoid prison by becoming an informant for the government. As a government informant against drug smugglers, Seal testified he worked for the CIA and the DEA. In one federal court case, he testified that his income from March 1984 to August 1985, was between $700,000 and $800,000. This period was AFTER making his deal with the government. Seal testified that nearly $600,000 of this came from smuggling drugs while working for -- and with the permission of the DEA. In addition to his duties as an informant, Seal was used by CIA operatives to help finance the Nicaraguan Contras. The CIA connection to the Mena operation was undeniable when a cargo plane given to Seal by the CIA was shot down over Nicaragua with a load of weapons. In spite of the evidence, every investigator who has tried to expose the crimes of Mena has been professionally destroyed, and those involved in drug smuggling operations have received continued protection from state and federal authorities.

The Report From Iron Mountain.
Is a book, published in 1967 (during the Johnson Administration) by Dial Press, that states that it is the report of a government panel. According to the report, a 15-member panel, called the Special Study Group, was set up in 1963 to examine what problems would occur if the U.S. entered a state of lasting peace. They met at an underground nuclear bunker called Iron Mountain (as well as other, worldwide locations) and worked over the next two years. Iron Mountain is where the government has stored the flight 93 evidence from 9/11. A member of the panel, one "John Doe", a professor at a college in the Midwest, decided to release the report to the public. The heavily footnoted report concluded that peace was not in the interest of a stable society, that even if lasting peace "could be achieved, it would almost certainly not be in the best interests of society to achieve it." War was a part of the economy. Therefore, it was necessary to conceive a state of war for a stable economy. The government, the group theorized, would not exist without war, and nation states existed in order to wage war. War also served a vital function of diverting collective aggression. They recommended that bodies be created to emulate the economic functions of war. They also recommended "blood games" and that the government create alternative foes that would scare the people with reports of alien life-forms and out of control pollution. Another proposal was the reinstitution of slavery. U.S. News and World Report claimed in its November 20, 1967 issue to have confirmation of the reality of the report from an unnamed government official, who added that when President Johnson read the report, he 'hit the roof' and ordered it to be suppressed for all time. Additionally, sources were said to have revealed that orders were sent to U.S. embassies, instructing them to emphasize that the book had no relation to U.S. Government policy. Project Blue Beam is also a common conspiracy theory that alleges that a faked alien landing would be used as a means of scaring the public into whatever global system is suggested.

33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True....

[edit on 4-1-2010 by imeddieone4202003]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wow, great post!
I'll be looking into this and maybe even forward it to some people, but for now I have to sleep, keep on fighting the good fight, good night.

S+F

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Thanks, There are alot of videos that support the information provided within. Please take the time to watch/read all of this info and digest it properly, these are just the tips of the icebergs...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
is Banco Ambrosio on there?

I'll be looking through this tomorrow at work....

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Definitely an interesting read.

Would gain a little more credibility if source wasn't one of 'our own' websites.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Great thread friend!

The general attitude towards unproven conspiracies is "outrageous and stupid"... until they are proven of course!

I really do think people need to take a good look at these... they may seem totally plausible nowadays... but imagine trying to conceive them as being real back in the day, before they were proven real.

Some of them were probably considered more outrageous than even the most "outrageous" conspiracies we talk about today.

You can never really be sure what is going on backstage... or who is controlling the curtains to keep it hidden backstage.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

Thanks, I will definitely check this out. I never heard about the Iron Mountain meeting. I wonder what else on that report made the president at the time to suppress this book.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

This just goes to show that real research, in the field, is required to demonstrate conspiracy theories as being conspiracy fact. Sitting in front of your keyboard yammering on about HAARP is not going to demonstrate anything to anyone of any credibility, and nor should it.

Research, folks - that's what all of those 33 conspiracy theories have in common.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
one could only wonder how many more conspiracy theories which many "debunkers" waive off as fairy tales will like these 33 ones turn out to be true too....

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I would warn people that not all of these are actually true.

Many of them require believing single sources... and those are pretty notoriously untrustworthy...

still, some good stuff in here..

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think this is great beacause it gives some validity to the current conspiracies. I talk with many people often who think that many things I discuss are way out there but with all of these documented examples some will clearly start to open their eyes.
thank you

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I am 30 years old, and I would like to see, before I am 60, an actual admission of the CIA's role in the assassination of JFK. The evidence, as stated in this material, is there and overwhelming, and most people have an opinion leaning in that direction anyway, but I feel that an admission in that regard would do more to further the credibility of conspiracy theories as a whole than nearly any other past event, unless of course Pleideans land and broadcast on MSM there involvement with the governments of the world. In this day and age, who knows which of those things will happen first, lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Great post.

I'd have to agree with the author's comments about the difference between true open minded scepticism and just 'reinforcing the official storyline':

"Skeptics are important in achieving an objective view of reality, however, skeptism is not the same as reinforcing the official storyline. In fact, a conspiracy theory can be argued as an alternative to the official or “mainstream” story of events. Therefore, when skeptics attempt to ridicule a conspiracy theory by using the official story as a means of proving the conspiracy wrong, in effect, they are just reinforcing the original “mainstream” view of history, and actually not being skeptical. This is not skeptism, it is just a convenient way for the establishment view of things to be seen as the correct version, all the time, every time. In fact, it is common for "hit pieces" or "debunking articles" to pick extremely fringe and not very populated conspiracy theories. This in turn makes all conspiracies on a subject matter look crazy."

Theres been quite a number of highly disturbing 'secret government actions' over the years (particularly involving the CIA) which, at the time, were derided and scoffed at by cynical folk - trouble is they've now turned out to be true.

I think if all these 'secret actions' were mainstream knowledge then the average person on the street (if there is such a thing) would be pretty horrified:

From June 6th to June 10th (1966),the army conducted biological warfare tests in the New York City subway system.
Trillions of bacillus subtilis variant n*ger germs were released into the subway system during peak travel hours.

The horrific experiments conducted by the army and CIA at Edgewood Arsenal and Mcgill University,unchecked by any responsible authority,only got worse.
By 1959 ,'___' was a sideshow,compared with another chemical: Quinunclidinyl Benzilate, or B.Z.
Incredibly,this drug possessed effects far more profound than '___' and which lasted for three days,although effects lasting as long as six days occurred at times.
Between 1959 and 1975,an estimated 2,800 U.S. Soldiers were given B.Z. at Edgewood Arsenal.
About this time, Jose Delgado invented a device he called the Stimoceiver.
This was a miniature depth electrode able to receive and transmit electronic signals over FM radio waves.
By stimulating a correctly postitioned stimoceiver,an outside operator could weild a surpising degree of control over the subject responses.

CIA/US Army Secret Experiments.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This thread, and the last few posts have touched on something I am passionate about.

The correlation and interrelation between all conspiracy theories:

I started this thread:

I have come to the conclusion that ALL mainstream conspiracy theories support and/or provide evidence for either or both of the following:

1) The existence of advanced civilizations and either the preventing of, or the preparing for, Disclosure.

- and/or -

2) The fact that the world does 'reset' itself, periodically - thru (historically / scientifically verifiable) global cataclysms - and, we are on the precipice of such a reset, currently. Efforts to 'gear up' and subsequently suppress this info from the public is a major effort.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

are they REALLY true - are ary you just blindly accepting claims that they are ?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Great post. Often people get so caught up in trying to expose conspiracies that cannot be proven real that they forget about the ones that are right in front of their faces, the ones that are REAL.
I'm a believer and I really want to see mysteries unveiled but I believe that focus should be put on the conspiracies we CAN crack. This post is a good reminder that some things are still within reach.
Now this I find interesting:
"They even declassified a “Heart Attack Gun” "
Think Obama's boys sent a message to Rush Limbaugh?
or was it just heart burn?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It would be useful to research just how many of those identified Americans in the 33 conspiracies have ever been brought to justice or even prosecuted.

We would probably be disappointed by what we may discover but I am at least grateful that someone at least collected and researched enough to list the 33 conspiracies that have been provided in this posting.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

awesome post! thank you for taking the time and summing these up for us.

S+F!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
well you know what they say.
fool me once shame on you.
fool me thirty three times...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

This just goes to show that real research, in the field, is required to demonstrate conspiracy theories as being conspiracy fact. Sitting in front of your keyboard yammering on about HAARP is not going to demonstrate anything to anyone of any credibility, and nor should it.

Research, folks - that's what all of those 33 conspiracy theories have in common.

Yes that is true, but they also have the fact that you and many others would have completely thrown these out when everyone else did, had you known of them at the time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join