It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True, What Every Person Should Know...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Great post!!

I can only imagine what other conspiracies from recent time are about to reveal to be true???

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
33, eh? Just like there are 33 degrees of Mason's.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
34: The Moon Hoax.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The Manhatten Project was not a conspiracy theory. The Nazis were also working to create an Atom bomb. The Apollo Moon landings actually happened!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

are they REALLY true - are ary you just blindly accepting claims that they are ?

Out of curiosity, have YOU done any research to find out if they are true, or are you waiting for someone else to say that they aren't so that you can follow the same blind bandwagon that you already agree with?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Definitely an interesting read.

Would gain a little more credibility if source wasn't one of 'our own' websites.

This is way off topic, but, YOUR AVATAR IS AMAZING. I LOVE IT. I sat and watched it for a minute before I typed up this post.

And, to stay on topic...some of these conspiracies definitely have credit towards being accurate.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
33, eh? Just like there are 33 degrees of Mason's.

Actually, there are only 3 degrees in masonry. The other degrees are found in Scottish and Yorkish Rites. Although they are interrelated, master masonry only has 3.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
We just love a good conspiracy. Keep em coming.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Some major ones left out of the list...

THE TRUST - This is particularly apt, as I feel that it is a direct parallel to Al Qaeda today.
Shortly after the Bolsheviks took power in Russia, an organization emerged called the Trust, dedicated to bringing down the Bolsheviks. It carried out a number of terrorist attacks, lbowing up railway stations etc in the early 1920's. This had two main effects:-
1. People in Russia began to fear the Trust and so were happy to give Lenin carte blanche to torture and liquidate the enemies of the new Bolshevik Government.
2. Enemies of the Bolsheviks, mainly the Aristocrats and middle class professionals who had lost nearly everything, were happy to give everything that they owned to the Trust to help in the fight against it.

The sad fact was that the Trust was actually a puppet organization run by the Trust themselves and the funds that people gave to it was used to pay for the assassination of the donors themselves. The Trust was only stopped when Sidney Reilly gave his life to expose it, and the young, upcoming Politburo member, Stalin saw it as potential threat and so had all the members and assassins of the organization go around and liquidate each other in one final bloodbath.

THE TRASHING OF ADOLF HITLER - In the UK and across much of the world, Hitler is not seen as just an evil man, but also as a clueless buffoon. After Hitler went back on the Munich Agreement and seized Czechoslovakia in early 1939, Neville Chamberlain, the British Prime Minister who had been made to look such a fool by him, decided to "get his own back". In the months that followed, shortly before the Second World War, Chamberlain formed a committee of stand-up comics and writers with the specific directive to deride Hitler and make him look a fool. As War broke out, this fed straight into direct propaganda and has stayed with us ever since, the torch, of course, later beeing taken up by Mel Brookes.

THE FINANCING OF THE BOLSHEVIKS - Throughout the 1920's and 19830's, it had been a common cry that the Kaiser had financed the Bolsheviks and UNion leaders in Russia BEFORE the First World War to destabilise Russia. This was dismissed by the general public, however, as outlandish, as it was widely accepted that the Kiaser had only turned to help the Lenin and his Bolsheviks DURING the war. In 1945, American and British troops invading, the then, Nazi Germany, gained unparalleled access to the Germany archives to find, not only evidence of financing of the Bolsheviks and Union Leaders in Russia well before the First World War, but even detailed accounts scheduling how much each was paid off, when and how.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Great post - S&F

Looking forward to see if more are added from the combined knowledge base from the people here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Thirty three? Out of how many? I mean, I know some of these things are true (not all of them) but doesn't it matter how many there are total to get a good idea of the odds? The answer is yes. If there are 50 CTs and 33 turn out to be true, then it means something. But if there are 45 million and 33 are true, it means something else entirely.

These go back to the 1700s and 1800s... and are from all over the world. Thirty out of probably hundreds of thousands over the period of 200 years internationally really isn't all that great of a record.

This is interesting stuff, but certainly should be taken with a grain of salt, IMO. It's like MSM. More for entertainment than anything factual.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is interesting, but if only 10 out of these 33 are true...

Something very clear lays here; a very open and evident connection.

Can anyone see it?

I'll give you a hint, it has to do with power, the Illuminati, Free Masonry and...well...I think it's pretty clear who has f@%ked up the world!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
thanks for this thread, ill make sure to read it all

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Definitely an interesting read.

Would gain a little more credibility if source wasn't one of 'our own' websites.

You are looking at it totally inaccurately SquirrelNutz.

The fact of reality is that "mainstream" sources lie daily and constantly. They are pathological liars.

However the websites you term as "ours" are actually generally far more credible. Reasons why?

1) "Our" websites are FORCED to substantiate everything and list tons and tons of credible sources to back it up.
*(MSM NEVER sources anything and gets away with "from anonymous sources" crap all the time*)

2) "Our" websites have very little financial backing, and therefore are not under the control of various corporate/financial interests. (*The MSM however has tons of financial backing and is totally under the control of their 'sponsors' and will protect that sponsors interests at all costs*)

3) No source is credible. You have to play detective to find out what is the truth and what is not true.

Given these obvious concrete facts, I have little recourse but to consider "our" websites as a whole , far more credible in terms of investigative journalism and in terms of showing both sides of the story.

Of course, common sense should aid you in determining which of "our" websites are the real deal, and which of these websites is complete utter bullocks.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I mean, I know some of these things are true (not all of them)

Complete crap man.

Show us EXACTLY which ones are NOT TRUE. And back up your claims with some actual info rather than this continued incessant over generalization.

You can't because your claim has been defeated before you even spoke it.

Prove it's not true, you can't!!!

But I can prove it IS true. Thats the part you will have to deal with.

If you don't want to deal with it fine, live life as a lie and keep those blinders on.

But don't come claiming some of this is untrue without specifying which part and WHY you think so.

The rest of your generalizations mean nothing because they have NO solid information backing them, just asinine speculation from far out left field.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Come on now folks.

There are many but if you can't grasp the gravity of this one, and you are an American you need more help than the OP can deliver. Just switch Miami with NY the strongholds are the same.

from What Really Happened.com

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plan, which had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called for innocent people to be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere. People would be framed for bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing, they needed to launch their war.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by muzzleflash

Excellent list. Although, as pointed out by BH^, there are a few that are not true, or at the very least grossly exaggerated.

30. The Illuminati: ... Although many say that the Illuminati was disbanded and destroyed so long ago, it is well known that the Rothschild dynasty following the family’s involvement in the secret order in Bavaria received much attention for its major takeover of Europe’s central banks. The Rothschild dynasty owns roughly half of the world’s wealth and evidence suggests it has funded both sides of major wars, including the United States Civil War.

There are many who have tried to link the Illuminati with the Rothschilds, unfortunately this has not been possible. (not in a scholarly fashion, anyway) If the author can show "direct involvement" of the family in the Bavarian Illuminati, I'd love to see it. I'd also like to see evidence for his claim that the family owns half the world's wealth.

27. Bohemian Grove: For years, many conspiracy theorists were saying that the rich and powerful met every year in the woods and worshiped a giant stone owl in an occult fashion. ....

Yes the Bohemian groves has a giant owl, (concrete?) but to say that members of the club "worship it" is a misrepresentation of the facts usually reserved for Christian fundamentalist who see Satanists under every rock.

[edit on 5/1/10 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Thanks for all the responses everyone, the more conspiracies that are uncovered the wider the door opens to prove other theories. Time and alot of research are needed to get every bit of information we can to inform others and wake them up. thanks again everyone!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

It makes me sick to my stomach. I hate how it seems the rich and the powerful think they have the right to lie to our faces, even worse to dictate our lives.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Great Post - This article makes me wonder just how much more information out there is true and how much that we don't know about is really going on out there. And to ATS for the forum to post this info.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join