It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True, What Every Person Should Know...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by yiersan

Only the ones without supporting evidence. If someone can't prove a conspiracy, then why should anyone believe them? You'll notice all of those 33 conspiracy theories actually have evidence in support of them.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

I pointed two in my post that were false.

Their is no source backing up the suppose Illuminati-Rothschild link, (the clearest links anyone would probably find is that the Rothschilds were bankers for some members of the Illuminati)

or the claim that the Rothschilds own half the world.

[edit on 5/1/10 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
You would think that the msn would be all over stories like these.Yet alas as their bosses ARE the villians this wont happen.Instead take solace in knowing that the next Tiger Woods extra -marital affair story is just around the bend.Woo Hoo!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

The media is a conspiracy of it's own.
Make it Thirty Four!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Prove it's not true, you can't!!!

Jeez, dude, relax.
Have you heard about proving a negative? It's up to the one making the claim to prove it's true, and that website doesn't.

ConspiracyNut23 has pointed out a couple of flaws, so there's no need to go into it further. As I said, some are true. I've posted about some of them myself. I just don't believe every conspiracy that comes along and I require exceptional proof for exceptional claims.

My larger point was that 33 out of hundreds of thousands of possible conspiracies (have you read ATS lately?) around the world in the last 200 years or more isn't a big deal. If we listed all the CTs that turned out to be false over this same period of time, the list in the OP would disappear alongside it. It's important to have perspective. Looking at one side of the issue or only part of the picture is how perception are distorted.

Just because someone states 30 true conspiracies doesn't mean that most are true or that we should be less skeptical. The vast majority of conspiracy theories are nothing more than the overactive imagination of the paranoid and bored. SOME are real, but I remain skeptical and no amount of emotional outburst on your part is going to change that.

Originally posted by davesidious
You'll notice all of those 33 conspiracy theories actually have evidence in support of them.

Evidence is not proof.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

That's very true. I forgot that nonsense was on the list. I was referring to, albeit inaccurately, to the conspiracy theories that do have evidence and that are now not called 'conspiracy theories' any more.

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Indeed, but evidence is infinitely closer to proof than no evidence at all, which is the usual amount of support theories on ATS have (chemtrails, HAARP, Norwegian spirals being worhmoles or EISCAT, ghosts, astral projection, previous lives, tarot cards, the NWO, etc. etc. etc.)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Indeed, but evidence is infinitely closer to proof than no evidence at all, which is the usual amount of support theories on ATS have (chemtrails, HAARP, Norwegian spirals being worhmoles or EISCAT, ghosts, astral projection, previous lives, tarot cards, the NWO, etc. etc. etc.)

The news called it a phenomenon!
EISCAT was activated!
The Russians often lie. You believe them.
Much more evidence than necessary to qualify the spiral as a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
thanks for the kick in the tush - I agree with you fellas that said it pretty much HAD to come from one of 'our' sites.

Point taken.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Everything that happens is a phenomenon. Me eating this sandwich in front of me is a phenomenon. Your lack of understanding of a word doesn't make it a conspiracy.

EISCAT's heater was not active, and the trail of the phenomenon reached down past the horizon, even in photos taken a few miles from the EISCAT facility. EISCAT has no ability to cause that to happen, either known or imagined by the sort of person on this site.

Russians do often lie, but all the rocket scientists that saw the phenomenon and agreed it most likely was a rocket, usually don't. Your explanation requires that Russia is somehow lying to help the Norwegians, which is a massive stretch of the imagination for which you have no evidence. Newtonian motion doesn't lie, and it agrees with the missile. First prove Newton wrong, prove the Norwegians and the Russians were in cahoots, and we can talk. Until then, you are essentially making stuff up.

And no, none of that is evidence, just a mixture of ignorance and foolhardy conjecture. Nice try, though.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There may be a NWO but they don't call themselves the NWO. One conspiracy left out - Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq a hoax.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Not trying to ride this horse to death BUT

Conspiracy theory
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Conspiracy theory (disambiguation).
For a list of conspiracy theories see: List of conspiracy theories
Conspiracy theory is a term that originally was a neutral descriptor for any claim of civil, criminal or political conspiracy. However, it has come almost exclusively to refer to any fringe theory which explains a historical or current event as the result of a secret plot by conspirators of almost superhuman power and cunning.[1][2]

Conspiracy theories are viewed with skepticism and often ridiculed because they are seldom supported by any conclusive evidence and contrast with institutional analysis, which focuses on people's collective behavior in publicly known institutions, as recorded in scholarly material and mainstream media reports, to explain historical or current events, rather than speculate on the motives and actions of secretive coalitions of individuals.[3]

The term is therefore often used dismissively in an attempt to characterize a belief as outlandishly false and held by a person judged to be a crank or a group confined to the lunatic fringe. Such characterization is often the subject of dispute due to its possible unfairness and inaccuracy.[4]

In the United States of the late 20th and early 21st centuries, conspiracy theories have become commonplace in mass media. This has contributed to conspiracism emerging as a cultural phenomenon and the possible replacement of democracy by conspiracy as the dominant paradigm of political action in the public mind.[2] According to anthropologists Todd Sanders and Harry G. West, "evidence suggests that a broad cross section of Americans today…gives credence to at least some conspiracy theories."[5] Belief in conspiracy theories has therefore become a topic of interest for sociologists, psychologists and experts in folklore.

No where in here do they say MOST LIKELY is conclusive. Even if that is all it takes for you.

Note paragraph three. Does it address your attitude?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I've been researching the history and influence of the Rothschilds due to their ties to the German Aristocracy and my Dad's home town in Germany where their palaces still stand, after having first read the book about the formation of the Illuminati, Proofs of Conspiracy, by John Robison years ago.

I beg to differ, as far as direct involvement of Adam Weishaupt, founder of the Illuminati movement, and the affiliation of the Rothschilds are concerned.

Here is an excerpt from an article derived from research performed by several journalists/authors and summarized by Kenneth Parsons.

Meyer Rothschild began to realize that in order to attain the power necessary to influence and control the finances of the various monarchs in Europe, he would have to wrest this influence and power from the church, which would necessitate its destruction. To accomplish this, he enlisted the help of a Catholic priest, Adam Weishaupt, to assemble a secret Satanic order. Adam Weishaupt was born February 6, 1748 at Ingoldstadt, Bavaria. Weishaupt, born a Jew, was educated by the Jesuits who converted him to Catholicism. He purportedly developed an intense hatred for the Jesuits. Although he became a Catholic priest, his faith had been shaken by the Jesuits and he became an atheist. Weishaupt was an ardent student of French philosopher Voltaire (1694-1778). Voltaire, a revolutionary who held liberal religious views, had written in a letter to King Frederick II, ("the Great"): "Lastly, when the whole body of the Church should be sufficiently weakened and infidelity strong enough, the final blow (is) to be dealt by the sword of open, relentless persecution. A reign of terror (is) to be spread over the whole earth, and...continue while any Christian should be found obstinate enough to adhere to Christianity." It is believed that, as a result of Voltaire's writings, Weishaupt formulated his ideas concerning the destruction of the Church. In 1775, when summoned by the House of Rothschild, he immediately defected and, at the behest of Meyer, began to organize the Illuminati. The 1st chapter of the order started in his home town of Ingolstadt. As the name implies, those individuals who are members of the Illuminati possess the 'Light of Lucifer'. As far as they are concerned, only members of the human race who possess the 'Light of Lucifer' are truly enlightened and capable of governing. Denouncing God, Weishaupt and his followers considered themselves to be the cream of the intelligentsia - the only people with the mental capacity, the knowledge, the insight and understanding necessary to govern the world and bring it peace. Their avowed purpose and goal was the establishment of a "Novus Ordo Seclorum" - a New World Order, or One World Government.

Remember:

The Truth Shall Set You Free.

Links:

www.redicecreations.com...

www.silverbearcafe.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Everything that happens is a phenomenon. Me eating this sandwich in front of me is a phenomenon. Your lack of understanding of a word doesn't make it a conspiracy.

Well I guess if your Greek or fancy viewing your lunch is science?

Me I'm just regular folk and definition #1 works for me.

Phenomenon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Phenomenon (from Greek φαινόμενoν, pl. φαινόμενα - phenomena) is any observable occurrence.[1] In popular usage, a phenomenon often refers to an extraordinary event.

In scientific usage, a phenomenon is any event that is observable, however commonplace it might be, even if it requires the use of instrumentation to observe it. For example, in physics, a phenomenon may be a feature of matter, energy, or spacetime, such as Isaac Newton's observations of the moon's orbit and of gravity, or Galileo Galilei's observations of the motion of a pendulum
End

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Have you ever found any connection between these writings and Karl Marx?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
As far as the Rothschild's wealth is concerned, I will sum it up for you and you can do the math.

They, The Rothschilds, own ALL of the world's Central Banks, these in case you weren't aware are the Banks which create the Nation's money supply and hence control the country's economy.

And yes, that includes the United States Federal Reserve Bank and The Bank of England and the only Central Banks in which they do not control/own are the Central Banks of :

Iran
North Korea
Sudan
Cuba
Libya

Remember the quote by Mayer Amschel Rothschild(1744-1812)

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."

and the quote by his son Baron Nathan Mayer Rothschild(1777-1836)

"I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire, ...The man that controls Britain's money supply controls the British Empire. And I control the money supply."

Remember, The Truth Shall Set You Free !

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
As far as these writings and their relationship to Karl Marx:

The only ties that I see between the writings of Robison and his Proof of a Conspiracy and the overall doctrine of the Illuminati and those of Marxism is the common goal of the overthrow of the European Monarchy.

Unfortunately, that appears to be where the similarities dissolve.

For the Rothshilds they simply replaced Monarchism with Capitalism or Materialism in Marxist terms which is exactly what Marx opposed.

Marx was all for the working class, whereas the Rothschilds were for another bank or Monetarily based system of haves and have nots based ruling class.

Another excerpt from the history of the Rothschilds:

The Rothschilds order the execution by the Bolsheviks they control, of Tsar Nicholas II and his entire family in Russia, even though the Tsar had already abdicated on March 2. This is both to get control of the country and an act of revenge for Tsar Alexander I blocking their world government plan in 1815 at the Congress Of Vienna, and Tsar Alexander II siding with President Abraham Lincoln in 1864. It is extremely important for them to slaughter the entire family including women and children in order to make good on the promise to do so made by Nathan Mayer Rothschild in 1815. It is designed to show the world what happens if you ever attempt to cross the Rothschilds.

So as one can see, Tsar Nicholas II and Abraham Lincoln were both assassinated by opposing the Rothschild banking cartel.
As was JFK and was his only heir who was interested in politics, John F Kennedy Jr.

Everyone who wants proof simply needs to take a look at history....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Critical thinking demands that the most likely explanation is taken as the actual explanation, until evidence to the contrary is found.

But please, go on being irrational. It's fun to watch

OK, use the first definition. Rocket launches don't fail all the time, so yes, it is still a phenomenon, but still an explained one. Nowhere in any definition of "phenomenon" does it mention "unexplainable", which is what your tenuous argument hinges on.

Please, don't stop

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1g1talgangster
I am 30 years old, and I would like to see, before I am 60, an actual admission of the CIA's role in the assassination of JFK. The evidence, as stated in this material, is there and overwhelming, and most people have an opinion leaning in that direction anyway, but I feel that an admission in that regard would do more to further the credibility of conspiracy theories as a whole than nearly any other past event, unless of course Pleideans land and broadcast on MSM there involvement with the governments of the world. In this day and age, who knows which of those things will happen first, lol.

Hey hey, my first post!
Much of my research into the ufo/alien problem has led me to think that it's not the Pleideans we should be weary of, but those from the Orion star system. In my humble opinion.
The universe speaks to us through our "gut instincts." It is the universe which allows us to become aware of things that we instinctually find hard to swallow. Conspiracy theories are a by-product, an effect of an actual conspiracy that unfolded. In my humble opinion. As mentioned in earlier post, research uncovers the truth. It's the drive that is instilled in us by the universe to seek the truth. Though we already sense it, I thank the ones who find the missing pieces, making such puzzling "items" not so puzzling. So that now we can be puzzled as to why such plots came about to begin with.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Excellent thread! S&F... the UFO conspiracy is very true.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

I have only read the first few but what doesn't surprise me is that the grand old USA is at the centre of them seriously the USA is the most corrupt country in the world

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join