It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard a strange noise while meditating

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
reply to post by moobaawoof

Thank you.
I am glad to know that I wasn't alone on this subject and people had a similar experience.

actually everyone goes through this if they are doing things properly.

let me explain how this works, its very similar to sensory deprivation...and as a result your mind makes its own stimuli..... so you'll see lights and hear powerful sounds.....just how it works.

This is an indicator of the beginning steps of proper trance.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This happens to me too. Almost every night before I go to bed I just lay still, cover my eyes completely and listen to a buzzing noise get louder and louder. There comes a point where it doesn't get any louder and I am in an out of the buzzing but i guess that means I'm still working on my concentration. But I always hear that popping noise and it messes with my concentration. It sounds like it is something in my room but i don't know. I just assumed it was my tv cooling down or some shifting of the house. I don't really hear it when I haven't been concentrating on the buzzing though. Maybe I just don't notice it because I an not so focused on one thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Can I ask if any one has had the strange noise I have experienced.

It is the exact sound of someone dragging a needle across a record really quickly,making a scratching sound.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KANDINSKI
It is the exact sound of someone dragging a needle across a record really quickly,making a scratching sound.

It sounded like something is popping to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sphinx -- the popping or cracking noise that you heard from originating out of the closet -- this is common in meditation. You ask -- maybe it's from your brain playing tricks? It's BOTH -- the energy of your brain is CAUSING the corner of the room to crack or pop. Our brain makes electromagnetic energy which is transmitted in meditation -- it then causes built up pressure in the wood to be released. This might sound hard to believe but if you practice meditation deep enough then even your bones will crack and pop IN YOUR SKULL -- from the electromagnetic energy breaking up blockages.

As for hearing a high pitch ringing -- we can hear ULTRASOUND ONLY INSIDE OUR HEADS -- the highest pitch you hear externally -- when focused internally -- resonates into ultrasound.

When that ultrasound is produced in the brain during meditation then there is ionization of your electrochemicals -- from the kidneys. So when we get ear ringing in Chinese traditional medicine this means your kidney energy is activated. The piezoelectric bone pressure ALSO produces ultrasound -- this is why sitting in full-lotus is very effective in meditation.

I have a blog based on my masters degree research into sound energy and philosophy of science and also conspiracy research:

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com... I have articles, interviews and my blog book "deep disharmony" and my masters thesis all available -- enjoy.

reply to post by sphinx551

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cloak
Its common to hear voices or very loud and overpowering noises while meditating, this normally occurs just before sleep paralysis.

Whilst this is true, since you were meditating and claim to be feeling vibrations I tend to believe you were on the verge of going astral, or you were at least raising your vibrational level and were unaware of your doing so.

It is possible you accidentally achieved something you did not mean to achieve, or if you are consciously trying to have conscious out of body experiences then you are on the right path.

I myself have no experience with this phenomenon occurring, but have read others recount stories that they had physically heard a loud pop while trying to go astral. I've also read within documentation that by some this this occurs to a lot of people, so your account doesn't sound too out of the ordinary.

I would suggest taking note of the date, time, and exactly what happened, and see if you find any sort of pattern in the future. Maybe with the aid of meditation you will see there is something greater at work here, as in your subconscious trying to tell you something. I have no alternate theories myself other than what I have stated above. Although as others have stated, sometimes it's something more obvious than you'd think, maybe you're trying too hard to figure it out...?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModestThought
This happens to me too. Almost every night before I go to bed I just lay still, cover my eyes completely and listen to a buzzing noise get louder and louder. There comes a point where it doesn't get any louder and I am in an out of the buzzing but i guess that means I'm still working on my concentration. But I always hear that popping noise and it messes with my concentration. It sounds like it is something in my room but i don't know. I just assumed it was my tv cooling down or some shifting of the house. I don't really hear it when I haven't been concentrating on the buzzing though. Maybe I just don't notice it because I an not so focused on one thing.

May I ask why you are focusing on a "buzzing" sound? If you focus hard enough on anything it will turn into just about whatever you like.

When it comes to sounds, you can play tricks on yourself, it's especially easy when it's quiet in the room, or so you think!!! Really the world is full of buzzing and when you listen real hard there is those sounds of my 1950's television set cooling down in the background. Very methodical rhythm to it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Thank you so much.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sphinx551,
Question what were you meditating on? What were you thinking about? Because Meditation is such a powerful tool, that most people don't even know about. But it also makes you vulnerable to things like demons. This is why I don't meditate much anymore. Also, be careful. Unless you have a strong background with dealing with things like Watchers, possesers, Guardians, etc etc then you shouldn't be experimenting with it.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow, I am shocked at some of the replies you have had.

Meditation is a very ancient rewarding practice, it has nothing to do with demons or evil spirits like a recent post suggested. It is a deep inward tool that will enhance your life immensely.

The popping is common, along with buzzing, humming, ringing and a number of other audio sensations. Also a feeling of vibrating, a wave through the body and a feeling of 'floating'... All point to signs of a deeply relaxed state. I don't think you had any kind of OBE experience, it takes a long while (usually) for that to come.

Continue as you are, don't be alarmed by what you experience and enjoy the journey. It is well worth it.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Isis is,
You do have a quite misconception about what it truly is. Have you any experience with Astroprojection? Do you know how it happens?? Do you have any experience with Ora's? Have you ever seen it.
I can assure you that by meditation on something evil will open yourself up to some bad stuff like demons. I do thank you for your ideas though

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sphinx I was also practicing an OBE techniqiue once and i must say these techniques work well when one rises int he middle of the night say 1 or 2 am then goes back to sleep to try the technique thats one way the other is via meditation practices sometime during these practices energy can be awakened which can actually propel one in the OBE state of course this is at a more advanced level.

Back to my experience I was doing this technique and all of sudden to my shock and amazement i felt a very strong BUZZ and vibration at the back of my neck it was very jolting needless to say i havent gotten beyond this point the initiates in the various spiritial orders before they can even graduate from being neophytes must have some mastery of the astral plane.

The popping noice you heard could be an indication of a change in vibration between physical body and etheric body, dont lust after this simply focus on the practice itself if this happens again simply flow with it is what most recommend.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mastermind_2011
Sphinx551,
But it also makes you vulnerable to things like demons.

1. I don't believe in demons.

2. I am meditating trying to astral project.

3. Meditation is very good for the health and well being.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
To talk of fear of demons i provide the following poem -

The Pentagram

[Dedicated to George Raffalovich]

In the Years of the Primal Course, in the dawn of terrestrial
birth,
Man mastered the mammoth and horse, and Man was the
Lord of the Earth.

He made him an hollow skin from the heart of an holy tree,
He compassed the earth therien, and Man was the Lord of
the Sea.

He controlled the vigour of steam, he harnessed the light-
ning for hire;
He drove the celestial team, and man was the Lord of the
Fire.

Deep-mouthed from their thrones deep-seated, the choirs
of the æeons declare
The last of the demons defeated, for Man is the Lord of
the Air.

Arise, O Man, in thy strength! the kingdom is thine to
inherit,
Till the high gods witness at lenght that Man is the Lord
of his spirit.

Aleister Crowley

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Astro Projection...is a Demonic practice. So I do hope you realize that by trying to astroproject you are opening yourself up to things like Demons. I do hope you be careful! Once you open a door like that it is very rare that you can also close it!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mastermind_2011
Astro Projection...is a Demonic practice. So I do hope you realize that by trying to astroproject you are opening yourself up to things like Demons. I do hope you be careful! Once you open a door like that it is very rare that you can also close it!

Again, Astral Projection is not demonic and it's a very natural thing.
Humans astral project every night when they fall asleep. It's just that most people don't remember their astral projection experience or simply what they call dream. There is nothing demonic about astral projection.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Take my word with a grain of salt at the very least. I know that you believe that there isn't anything demonic about it...but if you are careful no there isn't but usually when people just try to...no its not a natural thing and it opens up many doors that you don't want

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mastermind_2011

Read this book:
www.astralprojectnow.com...

It will answer everything you need to know about Astral Projection and all of your concerns about Astral Projection.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It could be anything and probably nothing to worry about. I hear banging noises all the time. I was meditating the other night and an almighty bang startled me - sounded like someone was kicking the back door in, so I went to investigate but there was no one there. It was probably just a noisy neighbour slamming his door. In your case it might just be a case of furniture in your room expanding/contracting due to the temperature changing in your room, or simply your mind playing tricks.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Sphinxy I am not here to deter you from what you believe. You believe whatever you want to believe, but the truth is still there. I just hope you don't have any bad encounters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join