It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread will surely convince you the year 2012 has great significance!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Maybe the technology that created the norway Spiral will help create a barrier to make the atmosphere stronger by heating up the ions?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Amen,
Real science has saved our ass so many times, you have to stop counting. Now, people tend to be drawn towards pseudo-science, with the tendancy towards killing us all. Do you see something wrong with this analysis?

If you want to help this world, base it on the hard work of those that devoted their lives in helping us understand how this rock works. You have to prove that where they were going was wrong before you come up with unsubstantiated theory based upon unproven ideas.

We are not here today because we perfected bull#.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Like it has been said already. 2012: A NON event. Why in god's name do people get so excited about the extinction of our species and destruction of our planet?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

We are not here today because we perfected bull#.

I have to disagree with you on that one. I believe that's exactly how we are here today.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

The only reason Y2k was a non event is due to the hard work i and hundreds of thousands other Computer engineers spent the few years coming up to Y2k to make sure nothing happend..

while you were out celebrating i was in rome making sure BA's Systems didnt go down

so quietly hit your self in the back of the head and go to the back of the Que

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
A couple of thoughts...

So the Mayans learned advance astronomy from aliens? Why would the aliens only teach just this one thing? I would believe this more if we could actually see maybe a few other extremely advanced areas of knowledge from them and not just a calendar.

The assumption is that their calendar lines up with the orbit cycle of our solar system is just that, an assumption based on similar numbers pulled out of their calendar, so let’s look at it, shall we?

The website you pulled your information from seems to be a little bias, so I’ll try not to be. The Mayans worked with a counting system of 20s and had 2 calendars one was their working calendar of 365 days or 18 months of 20 days per month (1 tun) and the other was their holy calendar of 260 days, or 13 month of 20 days each. With the bases that they worked in groups of 20 let’s do the math. So using their 365 day year you have 1 tun and 20 of them is a katun and ….

20 katun = 1 baktun (395 years)
20 baktun =1 pictun (78.9 centuries)
20 pictuns = 1 calabtun (158 thousand years)
20 calabtuns = 1 kinchiltun(3.16 million years)
20 kinchiltun = 1 alautun (63.2 million years)

The website you use sees this as some kind of amazing thing, but I just see a counting system using a normal year as the whole number in groups of 20. This system is as mind boggling as multiplying by 20s, which is not very.

20x20x20x20x20x20x20= 64 million.

Damn those aliens are advanced…..hehe

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Sorry mate ... I had to stop when Stein says that the Earth passes through the galactic centre every 26,000 years and then uses this as "proof" that we are entering a time of change

This is completely false.

As a scientist as he claims, he should know how to do research.

If he had researched this topic at all he would know that it is precession that happens every 26000 years, which has absolutely nothing to do with the galactic plane and is unique to Earth.

The Earth passes through the galactic plane every 35 millions years or so and is currently moving away from the plane and so won't cross again for millions of years.

But, hypothetically, if the Earth was approaching the galactic plane, considering the sizes of and times scales involved with such an event, then to try and select a single Earth day when this will occur is arbitrary.

All of the information I watched that Stein presented had nothing, no sources at all, to back it up.

It was just conjecture and opinion and in some cases, incorrect.

[edit on 3/1/10 by Horza]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

i look at your avatar and think well maybe you think that as well?

2012 maybe a non event maybe there is stock in it, the interesting thing about all this is the CONVERGANCE of all these Propcheys why do they all seem to point to 21 December 2012

well lets look at some of these numbers shall we?

21/12/12

or 12/12/12

The number 12 is or HUGE importance let me run a few of those past you

12 Disciples
12 months of the year
12 Star signs
12 tribes of the Isreal

i can go on but its late
, Religion LOVES the number 12 and this all stems back to the fact that all Religions are based on Paganism and have been Twisted and Distorted over time bit like a Chinese whisper

All of this is due to the fact man Looked the stars a long time ago and we drew all our stories from there

I feel this all boils down to the Precession of the Equinoxes... and the fact that early astronomy drawings show 2 suns in our sky..wow ? just wow

Let me put it this way, To early man the Sun was God it gave all life and warmth, we know "God" has a Arch rival the Devil what if this Devil is in fact the Brown dwarf star and this is how this story was personified

Back to the Precession of the Equinoxes one full cycle is about 25,772 years.
give or take a few years

We know Religion is 100% tied in to this ( if you haven't watched Zeitgeist hit your self Quietly on the back of the head and go watch it)

i could rabbit on about this, but i know the Truth, and i know the Truth about this world....and you know what i do about it now, f00k all cause i know theres nothing i can do to change it, theres no point really talking to people about this as they either cant comperhend, it just scares them or they just dont care

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

no no no that 26,000 year figure is the precession of the equinoxes

Wiki link to Axial Precession

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Wow... A person that thinks that they are here today because of bull#.

I got a crystal skull full of vodka for Xmas that has been staring at me for a week, now, I think I am gonna crack that sucker and take a few swigs.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Damn, that's awesome. Don't pass out.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm not supposed to tell you this but you wont believe it anyways so I have been cleared to tell you.

All you chemtrail enthusiasts out there. Well there ya go..It's a shield. I cannot tell you what CERN is because it gets really weird and you already don't believe what I say about the shield.

Lets put it this way. Many of you will begin seeing alot of synchronicities of numbers everywhere as we move closer to the date. You all are still being somewhat debriefed and briefed through movies and tv shows. More so on your subconcious..the part that many still cannot access but its somewhat better this way.

11:11
12:12
10:10
3:33
2:23
3:22
4:44
9:11
10:13
14:14
etc...not just on time pieces

[edit on 3-1-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Failed!

Humans have only been around for a half-million years
Forgive me if I'm being ignorant, but I could see no relation in what you said to my post. What does the evolution of humans have to do with the subjects I talked about? Maybe I'm missing something?

reply to post by Horza

CHAOS, are you saying that the Earth will pass through the galactic plane in 2012?
Yes.

This is not a new theory about 2012. I have heard it before. So for me personally, it won't change my understanding of the 2012 theories in any way.

I am not sure which piece of information you have presented will convince me that 2012 will have great significance?
Yes, I'm aware this theory is not a new one. I was merely trying to provide some good scientific backing for this theory, and put the facts into a nice coherent thread where I could link together the galactic cycle with the Mayan calender and extinction cycles. I'm sure what I've presented here has been very useful for some people in confirming their suspicions.

reply to post by Titen-Sxull

If this 60-65 Million year extinction cycle holds up then we could still be hundreds of thousands of years from the next big event. You see it's not exact, we're dealing with rounding and estimating years IN THE MILLIONS so the margin for error is massive

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

When you say the sun will be passing though the Galatic plane... you know its only a Vantage point and we wont be accalty passing though anything right ?

its a bit like an eclipise

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
curious.astro.cornell.edu...
There seems to be a problem with the 63 million year number, as it is closer to 35 million. The basis for your argument is unfounded.

Of course the Sun won't keep on going in this direction forever. In fact we approximate it's motion by an 'epicycle' on top of the mean motion around the Galaxy. The period of oscillation in and out of the plane of the galaxy (up and down) is about 70 million years. This means that we pass through the Galactic midplane about every 35 million years which some people have compared with the period between mass extinctions on Earth to come up with yet another doomsday theory. In fact it is true that the number of cosmic rays which hit the Earth will increase during the (about a) hundred thousand years we are closer to the Galactic plane. There have also been some plausible theories about the overall temperature of the Earth increasing (with the relevent climatic changes that implies).

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Nothing will happen on this day, it will just be a regular week, most likey shopping for Holiday gifts....

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Good thread friend, really well put together. Good Job

As for 2012, I think a major world event will happen. Not sure exactly what I believe it is, but something that will change all of our lives. There's always gonna be skeptics man, until that fateful December day we won't know who is right and who is wrong. Appreciate the information, thanks again.

-P?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

Please read my whole post.

The precession of the equinoxes, or just procession is exactly what I am talking about.

Edit - actually it is called Axial procession ...

[edit on 3/1/10 by Horza]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Doh sorry Jumped the gun there

4am here

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Great thread!

It is indeed a great mystery to try and comprehend how the Mayans knew so much about astronomy and astrology- They knew almost more than we do about the movements of the celestial bodies.

As for the 64 million year extinction cycle....

What you all HAVE to remember, is that generally speaking, mass extinctions happen on a very spread out time period, thousands to millions of years.

And also, don't forget that the last mass extinction was supposedly caused by a meteor striking earth, which doesn't seem to relate to a cycle in any way IMO.

I personally think that every 65 or so million years, the earth may experience such "mass extinctions", as they are called by some, but I think in reality these are actually "mass evolutions"; massive changes in the biosphere that don't necessarily indicate catastrophe, but just a change in the type of species that populate the earth.

There is much evidence that indicates that the dinosaurs never really died off, but simply evolved into birds.

The Mayans stressed that 2012 is not the end of all cycles, but the beginning of a new one. According to the Maya, every 64 million years, (actually every 5000 some odd years, if you go by what they meant to be measured, the bak'tun cycle), the earth itself evolves, and literally becomes a new world in itself.

They claim December 21st 2012 to be a date of such importance, because from our vantage point, here on earth, the sun will pass through the galactic center. The galactic center represented the portal to other worlds for the Maya, so naturally this is an event that was very important to them.

2012 is not about doom and gloom, it is about change.

[edit on 3/1/1010 by Monts]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join