It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread will surely convince you the year 2012 has great significance!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

What does your thread have to do with this one again? I mean….. other than talking about your thread. I must have missed your point.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If you would like more info on this just go to youtube and enter this guys name in there and your knowledge will expand quite a bit.

Ian Xel Lungold - Mayan Calendar

Once you watch this you will understand how it all works just try it you might learn something new.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
new 2012 on this chanel called .
THAT DATE AGAIN ,,,

AND IT,S REALLY GOOD..

www.youtube.com.../u/6/adKotKJyJXo

[edit on 1/3/2010 by dashar]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It seems to me, that the only real way for any of the ancients to have had access to any of this information could have only come from an outside force. It is possible for another civilisation to have gone through this event many times in their own past. If they are aware of the potential catastrophic events that this could bring about, may be their intention is to be warning us of it, we have not been around long enough to have seen anything like this before, but i do believe they have, and that's what all the contact through the years has been about, IMO.

There is evidence of contact since man was able to draw on a cave wall, but not being able to fully understand the implications of what was being shown, they left their messages, I don't think even to this day we have spent enough time and effort on this issue, to fully understand it, but it is with out doubt that there is something on the horizon.

It may also be the case that Some, as has been suggested, do have access and full understanding of this knowledge, and hence the reason for such things as the seed vault, and deep underground bases. but they cant passably know if its about to happen a week from not or 1MY from now. Just my opinion. Great thread, S&F thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

They are those whom only listen to rumors and dont bother to look into it. They are in the sheeple catagory

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You present your culmination of information well and I have no doubt that something our way cometh. S&F

I dont rely on cycles or bibles or prophecies or ancient civilisations to come to the conclusion that we live in strange, exciting, awe inspiring times.

The fact is, everyone, I mean me, you and every one who has walked on this beautifull planet knows that 2012 is important. the more you awaken, the more you feel it, smell it, know it to be true.

Spend the time we have untill then being with those you love. Mend bridges, help others , but most importantly dont be afraid.

Respects

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
First of all, nice post. Congrats for the research and for giving us your sources.

From what I read this 63~ million year cycle seems like a dangerous one, if it predicts our bobbing up and down the galaxy disk, leaving us exposed to more radiation and other stuff coming our way.

BUT

From ALL THAT, the only thing talking about 2012 is the Mayan Callendar. Which is a CALLENDAR not a DOOMSDAY PROPHECY. I have a callendar on my table already for the year 2010. If we all die tomorrow and another alien race comes to our planet in the mean time and if they find our callendar, are they supposed to think it predicts the end othe world in December 31st 2010?

Ok, enough of that. I think my analogy streched as much as your conclusions.

All those scientists calculating that 62-65 million year cycle have given a margin or error of a few million years!

Dude, the entire HISTORY of our civilization spans 10.000 years. Do I believe we evolved from monkeys? NO. Do I believe we are the first civilisation on this planet? NO. Do I believe in the possibility we were made by aliens? YES. So I am not here being skeptical. I have my beliefs.

But the scientists are giving a margin of error of a few million years and you try to reach a conclusion, from that, that 2012 is the exact right time?

That´s a HUGE strech, dude. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

My point is that if a planet or solar system deviates from the galactic plane, which this thread seems to be suggesting, strange things will happen. Maybe it will be zapped by cosmic rays, for entering "hyperspace" or "Godspace," or maybe it's just a natural cycle where every soul on Earth will be teleported elsewhere, for entering this "hyperspace."

Remember, from the perspective of someone looking down at the galaxy, when we're looking up at night, we're looking toward the surface of the balloon, not necessarily the "up and down" direction. The up and down direction is actually looking forward and back(perhaps there's a reason why it's called the horizon?), facing "north or south."

[edit on 3-1-2010 by np6888]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

Yes Ian gives an excellent presentation on the mayan calendar, that explains it all.
Its long, but it's absolutely awesome!

here is a link to his videos on google.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
well with all the things that have been happening already ex: increase in size of meteors making it to earth, volcanic activity appears to be on an uprise, an apparent warming of the planet, ect ect. I certainly believe something is going to come to a climax. For me there are just too many things that point to a larger event. So many prophets, biblical readings, stone tablet writings and pictures all in compilation with scientific backing. Nice post Sir.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

CHAOS,

Great job on the thread...

Here is Richard Hoagland and Gregg Bradon talking about 2012 on C2C..

It's in 15 parts, if anyone is interested here is the part 1...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

an apparent warming of the planet, ect

Not here in the midwest, colder than a witches (rymes with sit) here. Very cold. I would welcome global warming - hate cold, particularly sub zero.
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[edit on 3-1-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Just for the purposes of scholarly accuracy, I think I'm right in saying that 'My' doesn't stand for a 'million years' but instead means 'megayears'. It makes no practical difference here because a megayear is equal to a million years. However the next step up the scale is the 'gigayear' which is equal to a billion years. As I said I am just stating this for purposes of using the correct nomenclature so that you don't appear misinformed and don't run into problems with higher numbers.

Nice thread, it's always good to revisit these well documented galactic cycles and their relation to solar system and even Earth events.

We are merely stardust on the wind of the Milky Way.

What's always fascinated me is:- are there cycles larger than the galactic cycles? I mean cycles not only involving gigayears, but involving multiple galaxies. I don't see any practical way that we could ever find out, unless of course we as a species survive for megayears and manage to spread across multiple galaxies without stagnating and going extinct..

[edit on 3-1-2010 by spookfish]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
now im getting confused

i mean first it was nibiru, then it was the polar shift or some sort , then its the suns $#@# shift , now its some thing else.

i remember once they told us that the mass extinction 65my ago was because of an asteroid, wasn't it?

i dont know, if God gives me a long life i will be watching the event.

so until then lets read more threads about the S`s that are HTF nowadays

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

very interesting videos i am watching them now.

great info from Richard.

they hit the nail on the head with what is going on.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Great thread and the information is very well put together and presented clearly.

I have not much to add to the thread other than I have suspected and continue to suspect that the earth is going through another extinction event in its existence. The relationship of the planetary relationship to the galaxy, the position of solar system against an incomprehensible galactic plane is not so easily understood by me as to why cyclical global extinctions would occur but I do not discount that it is a probability.

Just because I do not understand the mechanics of such a relationship does not mean it is not there.

Note: do not be disheartened by the detractors, I usually sense only fear and a need for attention from their ankle nipping and I am quick these days to see them off with a click. Use your ignore feature liberally my friend and please continue your thoughts with us who suspect as you do, that extraterrestrials have not only visited us but are here now and continue to play a direct role in our lives as they did in our history.

Starred and flagged!

[edit on 3-1-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
www.viewzone.com...

I would recommend this link for a perspective on this issue.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is very interesting and well put together.

So the solar system is moving up and down while going around the Galactic core and these swings take approx 62 million years each?

Star and flag ,because people should look more into things like these.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Failed!

Humans have only been around for a half-million years

Human have existed for roughly half a million years, but this answer depends on the exact definition of "human". Fossil evidence shows that several human-like lineages developed during the past million years or so. >From fossils, the appearance of Homo sapiens is dated at about half a million years, and of anatomically modern Homo sapiens at about a hundred thousand years, values that are also supported by genomic evidence. Another data point, although not something you asked directly, is that the recent complete sequencing of the genome of the chimpanzee, which is the closest living relative of humans, suggests that chimps and humans diverged from their common ancestor about 6 million years ago. Of the many intermediate related species that have existed since then, only chimps and modern humans survive today. David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist

Link

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
possibly we would see signs that we're getting close to the problem. maybe that's where cancer comes from? and autism and such? who knows.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join