It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread will surely convince you the year 2012 has great significance!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I tried doing the math myself once but couldn't work out the darn Mayan calendar properly...then I found the quote below here...which basically confirmed all my suspicions about 2012 and how it links with our galactic cycle and the Mayan calender.

1 pictun = 20 baktun = 2,880,000 days = approx. 7885 years
1 calabtun = 20 pictun = 57,600,000 days = approx. 158,000 years
1 kinchiltun = 20 calabtun = 1,152,000,000 days = approx. 3 million years
1 alautun = 20 kinchiltun = 23,040,000,000 days = approx. 63 million years
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/654a45af9c3d.jpg[/atsimg]1 up down cycle through the galactic belt = 62My +/- 2My according to scientists..."My" obviously means "Million years"...now explain that to me...just how is that possible...did they just randomly produce a calendar with a cycle of 63My? Even today we can't accurately produce an exact amount of time required for a galactic cycle...you must remember that what is being measured...is the actual movement of our solar system through and around our galaxy...you can't even begin to do such a thing without the right base of scientific knowledge and technology...it's simply not a matter of some math done with sticks in the dirt...what is even more mind boggling...is the fact that we seem to be about to pass through the galactic belt in 2012...now some scientists might say we just did...or currently are...but one thing is for sure...we are EXTREMELY, mind-bogglingly close the belt when considering the length of the cycle...it wouldn't really matter if we passed through it 1000 years ago, one could still state "we JUST passed through the galactic belt"...so is it a coincidence that their calendar appears to keep track of our movement through the galaxy and matches the exact location of our solar system in our cycle? Considering the time scale involved here...one would have an extremely hard time describing a scenario for comparison, which shows such synchronicity but on a scale in which we can get a clearer understanding and respect for the situation...

My theory (and that of many others): They were told by an extraterrestrial civilization whom they considered as Gods.

Now check out these numerous links below...they claim scientists have found a cycle of mass extinctions which occur every 60-64My

Mass extinction comes every 62 million years, UC physicists discover

With surprising and mysterious regularity, life on Earth has flourished and vanished in cycles of mass extinction every 62 million years, say two UC Berkeley scientists who discovered the pattern after a painstaking computer study of fossil records going back for more than 500 million years.

Their findings are certain to generate a renewed burst of speculation among scientists who study the history and evolution of life. Each period of abundant life and each mass extinction has itself covered at least a few million years -- and the trend of biodiversity has been rising steadily ever since the last mass extinction, when dinosaurs and millions of other life forms went extinct about 65 million years ago.

www.dailygalaxy.com... and www.livescience.com...

Research has revealed that the rise and fall of species on Earth seems to be driven by the undulating motions of our solar system as it travels through the Milky Way. Some scientists believe that this cosmic force may offer the answer to some of the biggest questions in our Earth’s biological history—especially where evolution has fallen short.

Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley found that marine fossil records show that biodiversity increases and decreases based on a 62-million-year cycle. At least two of the Earth's great mass extinctions-the Permian extinction 250 million years ago and the Ordovician extinction about 450 million years ago-correspond with peaks of this cycle, which can't be explained by evolutionary theory.

Early last year, a team of researchers at the University of Kansas came up with an out-of-this-world explanation for the phenomenon. Their idea hinges upon the fact that stars move through space and sometimes rush headlong through galaxies, or approach closely enough to cause a brief cosmic tryst.

Our own star moves toward and away from the Milky Way's center, and also up and down through the galactic plane. One complete up-and-down cycle takes 64 million years- suspiciously close to the Earth's biodiversity cycle.

Once the researchers independently confirmed the biodiversity cycle, they then proposed a novel mechanism whereby which the Sun's galactic travels is causing it.

www.itwire.com...

As the Earth’s solar system travels around the center of the Milky Way galaxy, it also wobbles up and down from the galaxy’s disc. U.S. scientists found that these swings take about 62 million years to complete—thus, may expose the Earth to higher doses of dangerous cosmic ray that may also cause mass extinctions.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

Normally, our galaxy's magnetic field shields our solar system from this "galactic wind." But every 64 million years, the solar system's cyclical travels take it above the galactic plane.

"When we emerge out of the disk, we have less protection, so we become exposed to many more cosmic rays," Melott has said.

Galactic Drift and Mass Extinction

With a 3-million year uncertainty in the calculations, that 64 million year cycle matches well enough with the 62 million year cycle of extinctions. The match resonates with Richard Muller, who says of the KU team: “They succeeded where I failed in coming up with a possible explanation for the effect that we observed.” And if they’re right, we have time to prepare for the next major event, since the Solar System has just passed the mid-plane of the galaxy.
---
The extinction event that cries out for explanation here is the most recent, the Cretaceous/Tertiary dinosaur extinction that dates back some 65 million years. It’s exceptional in this context because it occurred within two million years of the Solar System’s mid-plane galactic crossing.

So there we go...make of it what you will...also ask yourself when the last significant mass extinction was? Is the synchronicity beginning to mean anything yet? Is everything clicking into place yet? The only thing left to do...is figure out exactly what might happen around 2012...as scientists just seem to be throwing theories around at the moment...and as you may have noticed, if you read carefully...is the fact that we only know how long our galactic cycle takes within a margin of error of about +/- 2My ...maybe more...but considering what I have explained so far...if you believe, as I do, that Aliens visited Earth in the past, and were regarded as Gods, and they provided this information upon which the Mayan calender was constructed, we can only assume something will happen on, or very close to 2012...and that there is a hidden message waiting for us to discover it before it's too late...

EDIT: The very first link in the opening paragraph, in which I got the length of the Mayan calender cycles from, is also VERY interesting and covers some very important facts. I'm going for a while now, but I'll be back later to check on this thread.

[edit on 3/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
These threads remind me of Y2K

a NON EVENT

+53 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Well, thank you for that brilliantly insightful statement...but you made no attempt what so ever to provide a valid argument and debunk the points I am making here.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Good thread, CHA0S.
I like the quality of content and the presentation.

As far as extinction goes, there are going to be skepics everywhere you look. I defintely think that we are in some kind of cycle and the Mayans knew about the galaxy and alignments way before anyone else.

But, the problem is, even if the truth was out there...
There's soooo much other garbage that has flooded the same thought processes in society, that you can't distinguish fact from fiction.

So, keep it up. I'll be watching this thread and researching myself.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Sean48

Well, thank you for that brilliantly insightful statement...but you made no attempt what so ever to provide a valid argument and debunk the points I am making here.

don't need a brilliantly insightful statement to know about this nonevent
2nd
3rd
2012 will be like 2011 and 2010

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

don't need a brilliantly insightful statement to know about this nonevent
2nd
3rd
2012 will be like 2011 and 2010

It must be nice to feel so ignorantly sure of your self...if the y2k prophecy (quite an ill founded prophecy) never came to pass, every future prophecy will never happen, and should just be ignored, no matter how much evidence is present?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

God I hope not, these next two years don't look good at all. Things seem to be getting much worse in fact.

I want something significant to happen in 2012, something big; I won't go as far to say I believe something will happen though.

Good thread at any rate

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I had never been aware of the cycle peaks and there relation to extinction events. If the hypothesis is true, than that is a very interesting idea. Its almost like mother earth is an etch a sketch and every 62 million years she finishes her drawing then shakes it clean to start fresh lol.

Do we know that 2012 is good rough date for this peak? If there is a margin of 3 million years isn't it possible we may not see anything happen for a thousand generations (Thats a hyperbolic statement I am no math matician)?

Either way good post OP. Gets me thinking.

Cheers

+47 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Y2k was NOT a prophecy. It was a man made computer glitsch which people thought might have a catastrophic effect - seeing as we are so reliant on technology. Engineers worked very hard to ensure that this didn't happen come 2000.

I really don't know why people keep comparing Y2K with known astrological changes, cyclical destruction, various prophecies and the Mayan calendar.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Y2k was NOT a prophecy. It was a man made computer glitsch which people thought might have a catastrophic effect - seeing as we are so reliant on technology. Engineers worked very hard to ensure that this didn't happen come 2000.
Well, it wasn't exactly a prophecy, your correct, but that wasn't my point...I know what y2k was about, and that's why I stated the reasoning behind it was EXTREMELY ill founded...if people had once gram of common sense they would have realized the problem was easily fixed...as a programmer the whole concept is laughable to me...probably the easiest problem they ever had to fix...certainly not the end of the world by any stretch of the mind...

reply to post by thebulldog

Do we know that 2012 is good rough date for this peak? If there is a margin of 3 million years isn't it possible we may not see anything happen for a thousand generations (Thats a hyperbolic statement I am no math matician)?
Well as I said:

...and as you may have noticed, if you read carefully...is the fact that we only know how long our galactic cycle takes within a margin of error of about +/- 2My ...maybe more...but considering what I have explained so far...if you believe, as I do, that Aliens visited Earth in the past, and were regarded as Gods, and they provided this information upon which the Mayan calender was constructed, we can only assume something will happen on, or very close to 2012...and that there is a hidden message waiting for us to discover it before it's too late...
The date just seems to have a lot of significance...a lot is connected to that one date...we can only hope we have a million years or so...but I wouldn't count on it...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Very good post and thanks for sharing. The big problem for me is that I now have more questions that no one can confidently answer. We can only make assumptions.

What a wild ride it would be to go through one entire 64 million year cycle! How did these people figure all this stuff out? Amazing!

link   
Nice find. Thanks for the info. Dont pay attention to the distractions that are sure to come.

link   
If you look at it scientifically, the evidence does suggest that a mass extinction event on Earth happens every 60-some million years.

The problem is - we don't know if there is a PRECISE amount of time between each mass extinction event, therefore, it could happen tomorrow or 2 million years from now. We just don't know when.

When looking at in on a scale of millions of years, the odds of it happening in 2012 are slim, but it is still entirely possible.

But then again, my gut is telling me that December 21st, 2012 could be the beginning of a mass extinction event. It is troubling if you believe the Mayan calendar and other prophecies, the building of a doomsday seed vault, and on top of it all the reports about deep underground bases being built so that the elite and chosen few could survive a solar or cosmic event to prevent our species from becoming extinct.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
2012 should be a great year. Looking forward to it. Personally, I think 2012 would be positive and a good change.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i think something this way comes .
check this video 2 suns on this website the second sun is behind clouds or proceeds down behind clouds--- so ,heres the web site videos --scroll down.

www.2012warning.com...

sf

[edit on 1/3/2010 by dashar]

ps edit found a new 2012 heres part 1 of a few www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1/3/2010 by dashar]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Great thread !!

It's to bad, there are many different people that calculated the end of the calendar. Almost always with a different outcome.

The latest I know of shifts the data for the calender to end in the 2360 or something.
Due to miss-calculations, translation and miss- intrepetation.
Knowone can be sure. The spanish conquistadores where very thorough. When they destroyed almost everything conflicting with there bible.

After that they were almost wiped out of existence.

Unless you studied the maya's and there writings. You can never be sure of what others think they know.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The sun or galaxy really don't have to do anything. As we bob up and down, there is a chance we'll pass through a debris field of ice and rocks in the form of asteroids. To think there is nothing between the stars that could also be orbiting the galactic center is madness. No telling what kinds of things could go shooting through the solar system as we move up and down. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a planet sized rock drifting around out there waiting to smash into us.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
great post bro,
well done

funny how these people who have never studied this in depth, can talk a whole lotta cr@p. ( you can tell they never have by their meaningless words)
Did you people even read his post? or just see it was about "2012" and started flinging turds? typical from some of you.

beyond ignorant.

You have put this together very well man,
Ive been doing my own research for the past few years...
and you have certainly done yours! Many thanks bro.

s&f

and to all the turds who like to post cr@p when they really have no clue what they are talking about...

This isnt about some "magical, new age, paranormal event...
this has to do with nature!
the cosmos, the Universe,
and what it all naturally does.

so either rub the sleep from your eyes, wake up, and learn what this is really about...
or do the world a favor, and simply just stop talking.

Great work Chaos, my friend.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Well, I read your post (good post), and the other post that someone wrote about the 63 million cycle (great post), and I have to say that I believe it. Biologists have been saying that we are currently in the midst of a major extinction event. Think of the frogs...the fish....the other animals that are going extinct at a very fast rate. I believe its' true.

Great threads..thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of the stuff I wrote about wormholes just yesterday(check out my comments on a video called "imagining the 10th dimension" and "south of the south pole" by 10thdim, if you want to know the details.) I guess things happen for a reason again, and this thread is to help me visualize just what exactly happens when one goes "north of the north pole"(which is not the same direction as looking up, try to imagine your position on the Earth, you're basically standing "sideway.")

Anyway, according to scientists, we should view the universe as a balloon with pennies on them. The skin of the balloon represents the space, and the pennies represent the stars and galaxies, ALL on the same plane(slightly curved to take into account the fact that the universe is round.

Now here is where it gets tricky, if the skin of the balloon represents the space, then what exactly does the inside or outside of the balloon represent? At this point, they say it's "nothing" or "hyperspace"(for simplicity's sake, you can think of it as a "space" where only intangibles like thoughts can exist). Well, to me, if the universe is round, then the inside are where the wormholes are located, that allows us to travel to the other side of the universe, within this same dimension. The outside? If I'm guessing correctly, it's to a higher dimension.

My theory is that if a planet or solar system gets under and over or "outside" of the galactic plane, they go into a hyperspace where strange things will happen. Right now, we're projected to go over the galactic plane, which means that it's possible that our physical bodies will all die, but our souls will go into another dimension.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join