It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire Safe Cigarettes in South Carolina Starting January 1st

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Potential lawsuit. If it is true that you have to puff to keep the cigarette lit, you are then probably forced to inhale more smoke more rapidly. Could you potentially end up smoking more cigarettes due to the increase in inhalation? This may be very advantageous to the tobacco companies if it increases consumption. Has anyone timed how long it takes to smoke a regular cigarette in comparison to the banded version?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I personally wish they would stop interfering with Darwinism...

This is how it works if your an imbecile you and your offspring die in a self created fire...

let's face it if you can't handle FIRE 100,000 years after the fact someone has had your relatives on life support too long already

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This is one of the MANY reasons why I am now using the personal vaporizer (e-cig). I'm on day 72, and I've saved $330 so far, and avoided over 2k cigarettes.

[edit on 1/3/2010 by Blackjack Baby]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We here in Virginia have jumped on the shortbus bandwagon too! Only FSC's are to be sold in the Old Dominion now. Thank god I roll my own.
Fact is they are poisoning you even worse than before.

This is from the Citizens against firesafe cigarettes website:

a. The Harvard School of Health reported that when comparing NY Cigarettes (FSC) versus Regular Cigarettes, the FSC cigarettes produced 13.9% more Naphthalene and 11.4% more carbon monoxide than regular cigarettes.[1] Naphthalene is commonly found in moth balls, and exposure in high amounts can result in %u201CSymptoms of acute exposure include headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, malaise, confusion, anemia, jaundice, convulsions, and coma.%u201D[2] Therefore, it has been proven that FSC cigarettes contain higher levels of chemicals that are harmful to smokers.

b. Phillip Morris USA has reported that the Adhesive ethylene vinyl acetate and polyvinyl acetate are used in the non-tobacco ingredients of cigarettes produced as a Side-seam adhesive. However, Phillip Morris USA fails to distinguish the differences in levels between regular and FSC cigarettes. The amount does not exceed .6 % combined.[3] Since additional layers of paper are used in FSC cigarettes, more adhesive is needed in the form of ethylene vinyl acetate.

How more blatant can it be that they are INCREASING the poisons already in cigarettes? I lift my middle finger in praise of those who work so diligently to save the lives of smokers

Just wait till I get my call girl tax passed, I'll get them where it hurts most!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
More erosion of civil liberties, another case of the nanny state knowing whats best, we here in Britain have had our fair share of this PC bullsh1t and i'm sick off it ! Don't think we have these cigs over here yet but Britain being Britain, where you lead we follow like your bloody lapdog so i guess i'll be suckin on one pretty soon !

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Awesome!

Now if they could make cigarettes that contain a mind altering substance that over time would compel smokers to quit by creating an automatic repulsive reaction to nicotine that would be even more awesome!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Not only do the cigarettes burn out unless you are constantly puffing, but they drop ashes like no tomorrow. Now I stand under the exhaust fan in the kitchen so they drop on my ceramic stove instead of burning the carpet.
Who's idea was this to add this? Tobacco or FDA. FDA surely. As a side note I read that the leading Tobacco producing state, N. Carolina has gone smoke free in public places like bars, joining Virginia, CA, OH, etc. Recovery dot gov at work hiring smoking police!

Where's the tobacco lobby for smokers?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Enjoy! The new 'fire safe' cigarettes were so frustrating, it made quitting more easy for me back in June.

Also, I never started a fire with the old fashioned cigarettes but I started mini fires and burned my clothes and hair constantly with the 'fire safe' cigarettes due to the cherry constantly falling off without me noticing.

I even burned a hole in the carpet downstairs when walking back into the house once for my keys. I was walking so fast the 'wind' blew the fragile papered cherry off without me noticing and my step son pointed out that the carpet was on fire. Not to mention all the times the cherry would fall into my lap while driving.

Really, they were more dangerous to me than the old fashioned kind. My e-cigs are cool though.

[edit on 1/3/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I have resisted getting the E-Cig, or really trying to quit for several reasons, not the least of which is the pressure from the Government on us to quit. (I hate big brother telling me what to do)

But looking at the cost of cigarettes lately, I think I may try it..

Semper

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
FSC cigarettes are extremely dangerous and much more a fire hazard. The lit end falls out often and when you re-light they often spark (flame up). I read where one lady burnt her bangs and forehead because of that and thousands have burnt carpets, furniture, and clothes and/or have gotten sick (including myself). The papers are stuck together with carpet glue. A lot of people have said they almost wrecked their cars when the cherry falls on their lap while driving. This is where it really affects nonsmokers because people will be crashing into them too! *snip*

*snip*

Wishing all smokers the best in quitting or finding an alternative, or two. Happy New Year!

Mod Edit: Removed adverts. to other sites.

[edit on 1/3/2010 by seagull]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I think it would be prudent to start a list of all the things we can not now do because some lib thinks they know us better than we do.

As a two and a half pack a day chain smoking liberal, I resent that.

E-Cigs are alright, I'd use one of I had too. I used one for about two or three weeks and they do work well and I would recommend them. Only problem... they just don't feel right.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Sorry about the Lib comment.. I just can't imagine a true Con pushing for me to quit..

to all the Liberal smokers out there!!!

Semper

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
only trouble with that is some places in states consider rolling paper paraphernalia and give you a ticket for it.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
only trouble with that is some places in states consider rolling paper paraphernalia and give you a ticket for it.

A charge such as that would not stick if they issued it. Esp with a tub or bag of tobacco and filters sitting around.

Also i doubt they bother taking up an evidence slot for a $1.99 pack of ez-widers without anything else to go with it, considering you can buy them at any gas station or deli in all 50 states.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join