It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take for YOU to revolt?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I don't post here all that much but I figured with all the revolution topics gaining momentum, that I would ask a simple question.

Every time I see such topics of would-be revolutionists, they always refer to "being backed into a corner" or some "event" happening that would cause them to revolt. Lot's of times even those who would be against revolution refer to a point where even they would revolt.

So where is that point? What is the limit for you? At which point will you stand up, join in the Revolution, and fight to bring this country back to the Republic for which it stands?

Will it take a personal jab at your well being? Will it take a lone gunman taking the first shot? Will it be the very last moment you have before the government takes everything away? Will it take an already established group gaining ground before you risk your well being?

We all have our different boiling points and many of us are on the edge as it stands.

What will it take to put you 'over the edge' once and for all?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
door-to-door gun collecting.

no turning back then.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

First and foremost, I recommend that you visit the Who Is John Galt thread. The thread isn't about Ayn Rand or John Galt, but rather about what can be accomplished and the many things that can still be done in a peaceful sense before any supposed revolution.

In regards to what it would take. Nothing at this point. I believe there is much that can be accomplished if people are willing to do it. Funny how most will call for arms, but are unwilling to take other steps, before you even get to that point.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I am young. The tender age of 21 years old.

I have seen history and I have seen the effects of peaceful change. Look around you today. This is the result of years and years of peaceful revolution, ignored by the government, the people brainwashed by their promises.

The problem is, when a majority is needed for political change, and the majority is brainwashed by the corrupted in power, peaceful change becomes impossible. History has shown that it is a rare case indeed that peaceful revolution has resulted in any substantial changes that did not divert back to their original state or worse.

While the "Who is John Galt?" topic makes interesting points about peaceful insurrection, as I stated above, thanks to clever, subtle, barely noticeable influences of mind control implemented by our government, we are at the point where there is nobody left who stand up as a peaceful majority. A peaceful minority will accomplish nothing. Thus, thanks to the status of the American public, I feel that peaceful insurrection is quite literally impossible unless the government does something huge that manages to wake a large portion of people up in bulk. They have been good at NOT doing such and I don't see them making that mistake any time soon.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I guess that illustrates the problem. If one is not willing to make the changes needed or necessary in a peaceful way, then how are they going to be willingly putting their lives in jeopardy, along with their family's lives?

I understand you think the majority is needed to implement change but that is highly false. The majority actually have a much harder challenge to bring change than the minority does. The majority is checked by the minority.

Another thread is the one that asks.....if you get your revolution....then what? After reading the response not one person has brought forward a plan that shows an understanding of the mountainous task of revolution brings.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Id say if the government threatened my family I would be the spark in begining the revolution. I still think an aftermath plan is needed before a revolution can begin.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Utter and obvious dismemberment of the Bill of Rights. Forced unconstitutional martial law. And anything in relation

This is what I would take....

1. Guns

2. Ammo

3. Beer

Most of my real supplies would come directly from brigade quartermasters and would be combat and survival oriented.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
For many it is already past that point because of how run amok government has become. I think at a certain point it could get really bad; remember Rodney King in LA then all the riots and that was started just from one vid of cops using excessive force. wait until there's forced innoculations and watch people go on some serious shooting sprees, more innocents than corrupt government types will surely suffer for it though.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

"What would it take for YOU to revolt?"

Organization. Country wide organization... Anything less then that and any revolt is destined to die a painful horrible death. However, with Organization, the chance for a peaceful and successful revolt for freedom grows incredibly.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

Do you not give credit to the original American Revolution and the fact that they were not organized? It took Lexington and the attempted taking of arms for people to finally stand up, and even so the war was fought on so many fronts, some by soldiers and others by simple men defending their lands. There was very little organization in the war the won us freedom.

Face it. With government mandates and control, large scale organization for a revolution would never be possible. The larger it gets, the more open it becomes. The more open it becomes, the easier it becomes for the government to quell it before it even has a chance to begin. Do you think if all the militias across the country decided to band together that the government would allow it to happen without cracking down?

I highly doubt it.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by littlebunny

Do you not give credit to the original American Revolution and the fact that they were not organized? It took Lexington and the attempted taking of arms for people to finally stand up, and even so the war was fought on so many fronts, some by soldiers and others by simple men defending their lands. There was very little organization in the war the won us freedom.

That's not entirely accurate. I mean, I can't argue with most of what you said, because it’s true on some levels. But to say our founding fathers were not organized is simply not accurate. Now I'm not saying we need to have every person sign their name to a piece of paper. But I am saying I have no intention of jumping into a raging violent march simply because people have had enough. History shows just how horrible that always turns out.

Face it. With government mandates and control, large scale organization for a revolution would never be possible. The larger it gets, the more open it becomes. The more open it becomes, the easier it becomes for the government to quell it before it even has a chance to begin. Do you think if all the militias across the country decided to band together that the government would allow it to happen without cracking down?

I completely reject the idea that large scale organizations are impossible. I reject that completely. Not only is it possible, but its something that can be done in a very short amount of time. Not to mention, its possible our government could use a violent crackdown, there is no way to deny that completely. However, that doesn't mean its a 100 percent certainty either. Besides, people in government are absolutely powerless if they cant get others to kill for them. People in power are absolutely powerless if The People all across this nation decide on a certain date, that We The People are going to peacefully march and shut down our local government offices. While if its not organized… that’s exactly what we will have, complete chaos! And that always, always, leads to horrific crimes and even more painful lessons. One need look no further then the French Revolution and all the suffering and death that happened, let alone who happened upon the world during/after... That is just one of many lessons we can look to, to see just how horrible non organized revolts end.

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 2-1-2010 by littlebunny]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well, all these "revolutionary" threads are making me wonder if it's not time to move to Canada. After all, I don't want to be part of some new Third Reich plan that these Revolutionaries have in mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

At one time comical, your unending comparing patriots to Nazis and other discriminator or radical figures is just plain old foot now. Besides the occasional racist that comes along and wants to put his beliefs through the system - you have nothing.

I believe I have already proved that in my future discrimination and racism will not stand; and should their be a revolution which leads to such - the revolution will not end until that is rectified. America is not the nation of forced ideologies and slack-jawed rights - it is the nation of FREEDOM. For everyone.

Go to Canada for all I care. You might be safer their regardless. However, when you want to come back seeing how wrong you were about your biased beliefs, we will still be here and we will accept you with open arms.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What? I couldn't even imagine this government doing something that would warrant a revolt. The government is here to help you and make your lives easier and safer.

Trust them and they will not let you down.

Was that ok? I'm really sorry I spoke out against you guys before. Are we all good? Can I have my car and kids back now? Wait, is this thing still on?

[edit on 2-1-2010 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nothing much. I'd revolt in a heartbeat.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I can't answer that question, in my case the question should be what would it take for me to stop revolting!

The concept of revolution is actually a poor one in that it denotes simply a revolving cycle.

I think the better question is what it would take to get people to evolve.

What would make people stop buying foreign goods and shopping at Wal-Mart and to realize the damage they do to the American Economy with each and every single foreign sourced purchase?

What would make people stop voting democrat or republican and to realize that both parties exclusively serve corporate interests not citizen's interest.

What would it take to make people see dialogue and open honest two-way discussions as a means to settle international problems and disputes instead of supporting a dictatorial process and the military industrial complex's use of force.

What would it take to get people to start celebrating other people's differences instead of fearing them?

What would it take to get people to simply be their own keeper and to stop trying to be everyone else's keeper when they don't even do a very good job at keeping themselves.

The list goes on and on.

The truth is that evolution is the only thing that can supplant revolution which just like the word suggests is merely a revolving door of meet the new boss the same as the old boss.

What will it take to get people to embrace love instead of hate, encouragement and support instead of jealousy and fear?

What will it take to get people to evolve, and not revolve?

[edit on 2/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I have read enough on here to know that if these people decide to start a revolution, then the death camps for anyone who thinks or looks different won't be far behind.

Makes me wonder if the perennial FEMA camp isn't more of a wish than a conspiracy theory. I wonder if this revolution won't just take over these places (most of which they have already mapped out, scouted, and documented) and be used to detain, and destroy those that still like this country.

The people in these threads that are calling for this massive bloodbath are the truly frightening people. There is no tolerance called for, there is no acceptance called for, to these people it's either their way or the wall.

From what I have read by the people calling for this revolution isn't freedom, it's just the wish and call to completely destroy this country, destroy what it stands for, and kill anyone who thinks or looks different than them.

They say it's for freedom. But it's only freedom for those who think or look the way they do. For everyone else who will be considered the enemy the only freedom will be the freedom from their own lives.

The racial and religious intolerance shown in thread after thread on this subject proves that what these revolutionaries want. And the only open arms that people like me will receive is if I completely submit to their idea of freedom. Which to these people is White, Right, and Christian. Everyone else will have a mass grave to look forward to.

That's not what America stands for, and that is not what I stand for, and so that is why I want nothing to do with this revolution.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I agree with much of what you say here. I've noticed that people are interested in not resetting back to the original Constitution, but to rewrite it into the ways they see fit. A few (not everybody though!) want to rewrite it according to their own desires. Of course, this is not the way to start a free society, and will only lead to despotism and tyranny.

Want to change the way things are? Time to study Gandhian approach to nonviolent resistance.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Whatukno I agree with your assertion in regards to those making those call, but you cannot levy a claim and ignore the people that are making rational discussion. A lot that speculate on such matters are bringing in ideas that First: There is still a long road before revolution is even needed. Let us bring out the ideas of what can be accomplished through civil means and stop feeding the governmental beast. Second: Those that see revolution at the door-step, but bring forth level-headed ideas about the aftermath are doing so in ways not to stifle others' freedoms, but rather breaking the bonds of an Imperialist Federal Government.

There are wackos on both sides and conversations such as these will always bring them out. Ignore their unintelligent suggestions of our way or the highway and move the discussion forward with enlightened thought.

Just my observation on it.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A fifth of Scotch and 20 loyal men. We would take over this nation and then take over the worlds oceans. Why the oceans you ask? So we could tax anyone that wanted to use our waters! Who needs the world when we have the seas!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join