It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take for YOU to revolt?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
They have the Red List,, Yellow, and so on and its my opinion that they wont be going house to house.
It will just be them using the toys we dont even know about and hell fire missiles dropped on INTERESTING PEOPLES HOMES.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Whatukno I agree with your assertion in regards to those making those call, but you cannot levy a claim and ignore the people that are making rational discussion.

As in any revolution it's not the rational you have to worry about, it's the wackos.

There are wackos on both sides and conversations such as these will always bring them out. Ignore their unintelligent suggestions of our way or the highway and move the discussion forward with enlightened thought.

One should not ignore the extremists in this. It's the extremists that are going to actually do the fighting. It's the extremists that are going to start any revolution. The rational are just that, rational, it's the extremists that will run the show and it's them that will start the mass killings of anyone that thinks differently than they do.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm ready, and here is why. One can only look and see what the future holds. Imagine trying to take the government down a few notches then. Do I want to displace that responsibility onto my children or my grandchildren? Do we really think our children and grand children have a chance amongst the way their peers are being raised these days? I am very afraid of waiting. Our founding Fathers gave us signs to look for. Those happened even back before I was born. I want it done and over with and on our way back to normalacy by the time my children are grown.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I believe we are already revolting, well most of the people on ATS

for me to physically protest/revolt? hmmm I guess if my ever town started rioting and looting.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
when a religion is forced upon me i will revolt

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I already revolt. I don't pay into the system, don't have a drivers license, vote by not voting, and don't give a **** what society or the government thinks about me. Many seem to be waiting for that spark. I'm waiting for the gasoline so that I may go aflame.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If the government decided to shut down this website because it is treason or just decides to censor this site then I would revolt, I don't know how, but I would be pissed as hell and I would do something.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We may find out the trigger point in 2010. Despite their agenda crashing around their head they continue doing things that appear to be political suicide, i.e. trying terrorists in NYC. If one assumes that they are not stupid and desire to stay in power then why do they seem unconcerned about the 2010 elections? I can only logically conclude that they intend to control the election in some fashion(have ACORN count the votes) or do not intend to have an election. Either of which will set a match to the right wing bonfire they have been buidling.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjack

The electronic voting system is rigged. It's been this way for some time. This was admitted by programmers from the company who runs it on MSM a few years back. I remember watching it, wondering how the hell their weren't rioters in the streets at that point. It's all a game. If they seem concerned, it's just part of the show. They barely seem able to pull of their acts these days. Too many layers of bs piling up.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

So where is that point? What is the limit for you? At which point will you stand up, join in the Revolution, and fight to bring this country back to the Republic for which it stands?

There are different ways to fight.

I'm sure you're writing about a shooting revolution, but there's more to it than that.

Many are resisting without having fired a shot.

A violent revolution won't happen on anyones timetable. But it will happen. And it will be started by the government, not ordinary citizens.
It's not as if we haven't been provoked already, though. It's as if it's our government that wants a violent revolution, the way they keep poking us with sharp sticks.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I've been on this site for a few months and never reply to a thread, but I have to reply to this. Most of the people who want a revolution or would help in a revolution are not racists or anything like Nazis. They are normal everyday hard working Americans that, if they have a job at all, work all week just to barely survive. They are people that are tired of watching Obama spend billions of dollars on bailouts while their friends and neighbors are going under, bailouts that were supposed to FIX everything but just made the rich richer and the poor, poorer.
To compare these people to the Nazis is outlandish and very insulting to me, a 49 year old American who over the years has watched his countries Constitution being stripped away little by little.
Something definitely has to be done, and soon. I think the first step is an organized peaceful march on Washington by the millions from people all across the nation, to let them know just how unhappy we are. They would either start changing things or they would start a violent revolution by killing some of the protesters, like the Iranian government did.
The US government wouldn't do that??? I'm afraid they would and if you don't think so then you need to wake up because you are still asleep and have no clue to what is going on.
When the housing market crashed I lost my job of 20 years building new homes, and can't find any work of any kind right now. I'm eating off the land and barely surviving. This is the first time in my life that the situation has been this dire. So I am ready to stand up and help take back our country and re-establish our Constitution, whenever the call is made.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I'm ready, and here is why. One can only look and see what the future holds. Imagine trying to take the government down a few notches then. Do I want to displace that responsibility onto my children or my grandchildren? Do we really think our children and grand children have a chance amongst the way their peers are being raised these days? I am very afraid of waiting. Our founding Fathers gave us signs to look for. Those happened even back before I was born. I want it done and over with and on our way back to normalacy by the time my children are grown.

patience,,... time is coming and the groups are growing... patience for a time

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
With all the riots in the Middle East, and people wondering if it might come to America, I thought I'd bump this thread and see what others thought about the topic of this thread. It seems like it fits into what is happening now...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

The question is and it's a question I have been pondering for a while now.

Why do some people want to kill their fellow countrymen? Forget the uniforms, forget the labels like Congressmen, or Senator, or Democrat or Republican, remember these people are your fellow Americans.

It appears that there's a very deliberate effort by some here on ATS to incite another Jared Loughner or Timothy McVeigh.

And again, the question is WHY?

I somehow doubt that it's about freedom, because there never seems to be a plan beyond the want to kill your fellow Americans. Somehow the people that advocate a violent overthrow of the government never seem to explain what they want AFTER the violent overthrow is done, it seems that they just want the killing and somehow equate that to freedom.

One has to remember that killing a fellow human being is MURDER, killing your fellow Americans with the intent of overthrowing the Constitutionally elected government according to Article III Section 3 of the United States Constitution is TREASON.

I understand that some think that what congress is doing is treason, but treason is clearly defined in the constitution and congress is not levying war against us. Sorry, but they aren't.

But some people seem to be advocating high treason and they want others to commit terrible acts of violence only for the act of violence and to bring down this government, and I cannot support that in any way shape or form.

So, why are these people doing this? Safe, behind their computer screens in their homes, wanting OTHERS to go out and commit MURDER. Why? Why is it?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I don't see where people are wanting to kill fellow Americans at all. I don't know where you get this from. People in Egypt finally said enough is enough, but they didn't go out and start killing their fellow citizens, or start killing their leaders. The Police killed some of the people, but all the people want is CHANGE.

I don't want bloodshed in America, but I don't want the Police State that America is becoming either. I don't really know where the answer lies, but I do believe that with the rising food prices and gas prices, along with unemployment, that people inside America will start to riot this summer. When people can't feed their children and have nothing to lose, then something will give somewhere.

Nobody wants, or nobody is calling for, the murder of anyone. They just want to be free, be able to feed their kids and make a decent living. If they aren't able to do these things, then they have to do what they need to do for the CHANGE.

edit on 28-1-2011 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I don't see where people are wanting to kill fellow Americans at all.

You don't?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just read some of the responses in those three threads, you can clearly see people openly advocating murder.

It's all over ATS right now, people advocating violent action against the police as if it's an acceptable form of behavior.

Nobody wants, or nobody is calling for, the murder of anyone.

No, really there is a lot of people thinking that murder is ok and calling for it. It's a sick and twisted mindset.

Even this thread itself is an open call for violence.
edit on 1/28/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've been ready and waiting for quite some time. I've seen the people of the USA take it up the tail-pipe all my life. Taxes get higher, more laws, civilians beaten & killed by law enforcement, the clowns of DC sending your children to die in war. It never stops. It is insane.
The typical American wageslave taxpayer is so overworked and tired. People are barely given a few minutes a day to themselves. Those in charge keep the bees busy making honey.
Compare an office secretary from 1965 or 1975 with the same position today. Advances in telephony, wonderful gadgets like copier machines, desktop computers, e-mail - think about it. A secretary in 2011 probably does in one day what took several days to accomplish, a few years ago.
So do we have secretaries working 16 hours/week in corporate offices across the country? You know we don't. Greed is good, cash is king and the bottom line of the ledger sheet is all middle management is told to think about. But the cash-grab is coming back to bite them in the butt.
The priority for profit over making certain your fellow countrymen have jobs is taking a toll. the Federal Reserve mis-leading this country into a pit of hopelessness and debt beyond repair courtesy of easy credit cards, loans and mortgages now have the unemployment numbers booming.
The clowns of Washington DC are so drunk on power and wealth that they do not even pretend to disguise their distaste for the common man. These people of privilege have no idea what public schools, low wages, community colleges, eating McDonald's and shopping Wal-Mart is like. These elitist self-entitled misfires have had the best of everything, and they have for a very long time. And they are not about to give that up. Not only are they going to make sure you never play their reindeer games. They are going to make sure most denizens don't have a chance in hell of even making a decent living.
But slowly and surely more unemployed are turning to the innernet and turning on to what is taking place. People are waking up. It takes a lot of time to get 'clear' of the make money pay bills mindset. Still, unemployment takes on a life of its own. The newly unemployed go through a series of defeats and humiliations that wear on one. All the while it slowly gets a little easier to just veg out in front of the boob tube or PC in search of escape.
With each passing day more people are waking up. There are too many events taking place to ignore. The writing is on the wall. We are living in some of the most turbulent times in modern history. and it's barely begun!
So as more people become hungry, homeless and utterly disgusted with their leaders aiming them straight down a path to hell, the better the chances are that someone is going to toss a match in the tinderbox.
I just hope that when all is done not too many innocent are killed. More so, I hope that the people of America that work in government, the Federal Reserve & it's associated depositories, the Wall Street plunderers of Goldman Sachs - them and so many more who are directly responsible for pilfering the public money and pissing away the public trust - I hope these people get what they deserve.
If your government won't change, change your government.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
A revolt? That's a pretty big word. Who are we going to revolt against?

Riots maybe, protests maybe, demonstrations maybe, but a revolt?

It's not going to happen. We live in a "civilized" country. We don't do "revolts." We learn to "adapt."

Were there revolts during the Great Depression? No. Were there revolts during WW2? No. Were there revolts when they segregated the schools? No. Were there revolts when we were in the Vietnam War? No. Were there revolts over WACO? No, Were there revolts over Wounded Knee? No.

However, after 3 days of No TV... I think people will "lose" it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I'm not sure the American Revolutionary War s a great analogy here. Disorganized as our forefathers might have been, they fought a common enemy in red coats. They were unified by a vision...getting out of the reigns of another government.

What we're discussing here is quite different, and has, if one believes the rhetoric, a great potential of turning into a civil war. There's no common enemy. Not even a unifying force. And what some people these days seem to be aching for, a shoot-em-up war...well I have to ask. Just who is it you're going to be shooting at?

Other Americans? I hope to hell not.

Furthermore, I believe that if we were capable of organizing to the point were a revolution would or could succeed, as many here have said, we wouldn't need one.

And to answer the question posed in the OP, I would pick up arms if soldiers from another country set foot in our country. But even then that wouldn't be a revolution. It would be war,

Until then, we use our brains and our heads and Gandhi it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Great point. What then? Where's that vision? What if we just wind up with the other "side" in power?

Brought this up in another thread today and didn't want to repeat it here...in case you're interested. www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join