It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take for YOU to revolt?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I looked at the first two threads you posted and didn't see anyone advocate murdering their fellow citizens. I did see where you brought it up as to put words in their mouths. In reality, they were just asking questions and giving their opinions on the state of our country.

The only thing I found close to the proverbial line was when the person that started the thread about the police, I believe it was the first you posted, was when they said,

Our duty as Americans is the defend and uphold the constitution.
Regardless of who stands in the way, not excluding our own government or citizens.

Even then, he didn't say what his definition of defending was. You are reading into what people are saying and what they are thinking IMO. Are you a psychic?

If you can point or quote to a post that literally calls for the murder of fellow Americans, I'd like to see it.

ETA: I'm sure that some nutjob somewhere on ATS might have called for murdering his fellowman, but really I haven't found it.

edit on 28-1-2011 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm already revolting. lol

What am I supposed to do? I'm an old fat lady that's half crippled from missing a bone in my ankle. Am I supposed to put on some black sneakers and run the 20 miles into town and torch any cop car that I happen to see on the way?

I notice none of the citizens in Egypt seemed armed. You think - as armed as we are- that something would go down in the US like over there?

edit on 28-1-2011 by hadriana because: I wrote a long post but actually, this topic scares me that anything I say will be misconstrued.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We should all know by now that our govt. definitely seems to see holing up in your house as a big threat.
We have tax protestors, ruby ridge ect and their huge over reaction to those things to show us that.
Our govt would wet their pants if everyone did it at once, don't you think?

Why is that? What is it about sitting at home, refusing to participate or pay up that is really so threatening to them? Really more so than crowds in the street and people running into cop stations with bulldozers? (Saw that one in Egypt last night. That was wild.) If that happened here, the people WOULD have died doing it. I have no doubt.

What does that say about how much of a police state we have HERE?

edit on 28-1-2011 by hadriana because: sorry, I suck tonight. hard, hard day and I am just going to quit trying to post.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
My family (pretty much all of them) and I have been revolting for a long time- decades. Cut. Off. The money.
It's starting to happen; witness all the newspapers going under and people who *are* turning off their tv sets and creating their own programming with stuff like Netflix & Hulu. If a corporation absorbs your favorite food, scroo them and learn to make it yourself. If your favorite clothing store supports a political agenda you don't like, buh bye! Home school. (you get my drift) It doesn't take "big" things or violence. It takes large numbers of people literally starving the beast. The tipping point will come when enough people opt out. (I don't mean opting out of voting!)
Imo, this is why Obamacare happened and has a forced mandate. The only people *really* engaging in the "health" industry and PhRma were illegals and Medicare/ Medicaid recipients. They couldn't make a profit off the chronically and acutely ill who could pay their ransoms.
Force can work both ways.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If the government takes my guns, censors me (to a higher degree), or forces vaccines on me then we'll have a major problem. Involving bullets.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

If they cancell Jersey Shore or Take away Super Wal-marts I will revolt.

Also, Happy Meals....I have to have my happy meals.

Ohhhh, and Starbucks Coffee, I will turn homicidal if I don't have my Starbucks in the morning.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm glad to see my year old topic revived. Ever since I came to ATS I have forewarned of the coming revolution in America and in these times people see that it draws ever closer. The world is crumbling but just remember, the United States has its claws dug into the entire world. The facts are there that this country and its government has pull in nearly every location on the globe - slowly but surely that pull is fading. It will not be long until the shock wave travels back to home.

A revolution, does not always entail murder. If one is lucky, death can be avoided altogether. However, peaceful revolution, in the form of Gandhi's way, is impossible in this land not because it does not work, but because of the complacency of the populace. His revolution was based on unity and a defined goal, where as people in the United States are raised and manipulated to naturally be against one another. When you look at the big picture of it all, you realize that this brain washing was an intentional orchestration because without unity, there can be no revolution.

However, a violent revolution is unique from the peaceful in that with it, you sow the seeds for the people to be awakened from their complacency. People will not take notice if a small group of people decide to opt out of the system or cry out on the streets, but everyone takes notice if their attention is drawn to something that they cannot ignore. A symbol of freedom perhaps, destroyed so that people will be able to see the metaphor in it all. Nobody has to die, but at the same time, millions of people are forced to pay attention and are given a clear cut purpose as to why their complacency will only harm them further.

What if the cable companies were shut down? Or the power plants? People would no longer be offered the distractions that keep them immune to the truth of the world. They would be forced to open their eyes and finally look around at the world around them and what it has become.

"“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.”
- Ernesto "Che" Guevara

There need not be a PLAN to revolt, there needs only be a GOAL. My goal, as it has always been, is to live in the FREEDOM that I know I am missing. The pristine, clean, tax free, ordinance free, original binding words of the Constitution, with scales thrown back into balance, the government diminished to the minimum capacity with our defense as its goal, and absolutely NO intrusion into our lives.

Can you say you live in that society? Can you say you live in the original defined land of the free as exclaimed by the Constitution and Declaration of Independence? You cannot. The code of laws and regulations in this country have become so perverse and invasive that the people have been forced to adapt and change the very definition of words such as "freedom", "liberty", and "democracy" in order to coexist within the new agenda.

Show me an American society that is free within the confines of the Constitution, and I will show you a land that is in no need of a revolt. However, if you can say that it has left those bounds, which all who are not blinded should be able to see, then you should recognize that already, and for the past century, we have been well past the boundaries of which the Founding Fathers of this nation proclaimed us to defend against, and we are well into a time when many others throughout history have realized that revolution was the only way to release themselves from the stranglehold of the wicked slave leaders disguised as pioneers of hope.

I praise Egypt and their struggle as I do any nation in which the people stand up for absolute freedom. I know that true revolution is born from love and therefore all true revolutionaries would not kill or spill blood just for the sake of doing so, but would only do so to defend something so dear to them that it might be considered a part of their spirit, a part of their soul.

I live and breath for the hope that one day I will live in absolute freedom. I live and breath knowing that even if I die in the process, so long as others continue on and fight the good fight, one day freedom, unbroken and untainted, will be found by all. In my existence, in this life or the next, when that happens - I will finally be able to say that I am happy.

So to answer my own question, I am ready to fight, and I will fight. When the time comes I will lead from the front lines and no matter the outcome, I will be known as someone who stood by his words, who attempted to prove to the world what true freedom really is, and who lived and died in the name of love:

The love of my family.

The love of my country.

The love of future generations.

The love of freedom.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

A person would have to be incredibly dense to not see what these people are advocating is the murder of their fellow countrymen.

In fact the OP has himself called upon Americans to start killing their fellow countrymen for a long time now, always these threats against our country and our people are thinly veiled but they are there.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Well, all these "revolutionary" threads are making me wonder if it's not time to move to Canada. After all, I don't want to be part of some new Third Reich plan that these Revolutionaries have in mind.

Once the NAU (North American Union) gets in full swing..
america, canada, and mexico? is it? are all going to be one anyway.

things will be the same in each region.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey
A fifth of Scotch and 20 loyal men. We would take over this nation and then take over the worlds oceans. Why the oceans you ask? So we could tax anyone that wanted to use our waters! Who needs the world when we have the seas!

Sadly by the time that fifth got passed around 20 times ...well, we'd have to make a quick stop back to the liqour store before we head out on our fishing trip.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
When every single plan and proposal currently in play becomes ineffective and when spoken word no longer works, until then not a thing as we are dealing with a very capable and formidable foe to the likes of which humanity has yet to encounter.

As long as all indicators keep pointing to the tipping point being held in our favour there shall not be any revolts as that will play right into their hands.

Wake up people, no revolt now as that would send whatever is left into a nosedive spiral and will destroy everything we've built in a day or less.

They can wait 1,500 yrs to take over I say we must be as patient as they are and wait for them to self implode as they are already doing now.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Of all this things you lack WUK, your ability to read is the most debilitating. However, your ability to place words into peoples mouths and posts, and pretend wholeheartedly that they actually came from that said person - that is a skill that you have perfected to go hand in hand with your ignorance on the subject.

The hilarity is that because of your status here, new folks would probably actually believe you before me, even if you blatantly lied about what I said directly following a post where I denounced the lie... again.

Once again, you speak of murder and killing of fellow Americans, yet you have been unable to provide, in the past years of my being here and calling for revolution, any shred of evidence to the fact. The only thing you have to base on is the words coming from your mouth, the hearsay that you try to pass off as fact to so many people.

Let me clarify this just for the sake of anyone who might think otherwise, including you WUK.

I HAVE NOT EVER, NOR WILL I EVER, ADVOCATE THE KILLING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE OR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN.

HOWEVER, LET IT BE KNOWN THAT IF I AM ENGAGED BY ANY FORCE OF VIOLENCE TOWARDS MY MOTIVATIONS, THAT I WILL NOT HESITATE TO ELIMINATE THE THREAT IN ORDER TO ENSURE MY SAFETY AND WELL BEING, AND THE SAFETY AND WELL BEING OF MY FAMILY AND THOSE WHO SHARE MY MOTIVATIONS.

I'm sure that you still won't get it, but just so you have something to actually quote me on in the future, this is just for you. Have fun with it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

WUK tried to tell me about people calling for murder, but when I went back and read all the posts in the threads they posted, the only mention of murder came from their posts. WUK is clearly reading into the posts to make people see what they think. I have read your posts very carefully a few times. I see nowhere in them where you call for murder of anyone. You clearly state that you would kill to defend yourself and that is everyone's God given right.

I revived your thread because I found it to fit into what is going on in the world today. I also want to say that I agree with all your posts 100% and feel the same exact way that you do. There are a lot that do.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would think that a suspension of the constitution would bring on the revolution. Personally I think it will be a revolt of the poor and failing middle class.At some point people are going to refuse the over burden of the tax system we have.As to the after math, I pray we go back to the original concept of this country only this time we give freedom to every one. Down size the goverment,and let people get back to living there own lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join