It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I thought the same as you but I just quickly quizzed my husband and while he didn't know the exact year, he said it was a couple of years ago. He is a fan and was the one who told me, so I think you and I probably just lost track of this memory among so many celebrity passings. The more I think about it, that makes sense.

The only one I'll never budge from is Nelson Mandela. Too many of us have solid certainty he died in prison some time in the 80's. And I'm also willing to agree about Billy Graham even though I don't share in the memory of his death. But I believe in the sincerity and certainty of those who do. There have been a few times in my life I got a weird feeling and now I'm starting to think there is a faint possibility I was feeling two timelines merge into each other. Either that or I had low blood sugar!
oh the things I wish I knew!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I remember Billy Grahams death being announced years ago. I watched it on the news and I remember it vividly. At first I think that peoples memories are playing tricks on them(and me) but I've heard of people dying too and find out, years later, that they're still kickin'.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
My sister and I remember the actor James Best died several years ago. It was in our local Daily News paper and even Mystery Science Theater 3k did a early movie of his as a tribute. Then he showed up talking about the last reunion movie they made for the Dukes of Hazard tv show.

We have noticed a few others over the years as well like Ernest Borgnine and Isaac Asimov who has died now. Heck I remember reading about Arther C. Clarke dying twice before his final (?) death happened. Its a weird world we live in and who knows what is really going on?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Right I could have sworn matt lucas had died, I believed this up until a month ago and I heard this in 2009 and read it everywhere. Matt Lucas is the famous fat man from Little Britain. This really got me thinking I was nuts last month because I could have sworn he died! I even told my parents and friends about it. It would make sense that it was only me like this but if you guys thought the same too then WTF!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Billy Graham had 2 bouts of pneumonia in 2011. Could it be that some may have have heard that he was in serious condition and mentally jumped to the conclusion of death? or perhaps this media report of his death spread like wildfire:

www.mediabistro.com...

Shortly after 6:30 on Saturday morning, Charlotte CBS-affiliate WBTV reported that Billy Graham had died. The news was especially significant considering that Graham was born in Charlotte and has been a social luminary in North Carolina for decades.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

CJ

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I was sure that John Goodman died...is he dead?

I bet you're thinking of John Candy....he's dead, and I always used to get those two mixed up.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Its got to be cloning, or secret sets of twins who carry the legacy on. Like Randy Quaid, who says that a secret hierarchy in Hollywood was trying to kill him. Looking like a crazed homeless person… then BAM! Shows up a week later clean cut denying everything. Hmmm Don’t know. I’ve actually been fortunate enough to meet quite of few actors and celebrities while in the military, but I still am starting to believe that its all fake. Hollywood, the information they beat us to death with in the tabloids. Celebs are probably being genetically engineered to be attractive to a specific range of people…. All jokes aside, I am sure there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on we will never know about.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Its got to be cloning, or secret sets of twins who carry the legacy on. Like Randy Quaid, who says that a secret hierarchy in Hollywood was trying to kill him. Looking like a crazed homeless person… then BAM! Shows up a week later clean cut denying everything. Hmmm Don’t know. I’ve actually been fortunate enough to meet quite of few actors and celebrities while in the military, but I still am starting to believe that its all fake. Hollywood, the information they beat us to death with in the tabloids. Celebs are probably being genetically engineered to be attractive to a specific range of people…. All jokes aside, I am sure there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on we will never know about.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not sure about the cloning idea.

Personally, I am leaning more towards time shift ideas.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helghast1
to all the people that thought billy graham died. it was actually his wife and G W bush did attend it. so you guys are just getting confused

Ok... the question is WHY are people getting *this* confused.....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Time shift, cloning, secret twins, or ... bad reportage? Just because you remember seeing it reported that somebody died doesn't mean it's true.

When I can't find my sunglasses, I generally don't jump right to the "clones time-shifted them" theory. At least until I've checked the top of my head.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Been awhile since I've been on but I do remember participating in this thread from last year
A few things I found interesting In the first link there is pictures of President Obama with Mr. Graham and his son. Nearly identical pictures but posted a year apart form each other

Picture comparison link about 2/3 of the way way down the page Here

Also a link to a video where Shepherd Smith says it "The late Billy Graham", This was from the 25th of April. I mean I know its FOX News but still .............

mediamatters.org video

I haven't posted in awhile so I hope I followed al the T&Cs correctly

That is all

Trowa

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
Not sure about the cloning idea.

Personally, I am leaning more towards time shift ideas.

These make interesting stories and entertaining speculation in a otherwise dull reality. Unfortunately more likely explanation is that personal memories are never accurate.

If someone else "remembers the exact same thing" it validates the false account as real for the person who recalls it incorrectly.

False memories are constructed by combining actual memories with the content of suggestions received from others. During the process, individuals may forget the source of the information.

This is a classic example of source confusion, in which the content and the source become dissociated.

Loftus, Elizabeth, Creating False Memories, Scientific American, September 1997, p. 75

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I weirded myself out today. Before going to bed this morning (I work graveyard shift) I was laying down reading ATS and saw this thread and started thinking about who the next dead celebrity would be. I know it's wrong. Well for no good reason Bob Hoskins popped into my head and I felt bad for even thinking about it and went to sleep. Woke up and eventually went to yahoo and I see that Bob Hoskins is retiring from acting due to Parkinson's Disease. Trippy huh?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KANDINSKI

en.necropedia.org...

You mentioning the gladys thing sounded familiar.. SO I googled her name + dead.. And this is what I found.. Says she dies 8/10/2012.......

Weird right?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Look at people like deadmau5 and david guetta in the last year they must of died at least 10 times between them all times newspapers online news sites reporting on there deaths, 99% of the time someone writes a false blog post or troll setup, picks up tension on twitter facebook news sites buy into it and print the rumour meanwhile deadmau5 has posted 4 pictures to twitter in the time since he's dead slagging of pauly D. New's sometimes get's things wrong and takes a chance on a rumour.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I don't post very often, but I'm glad I found this thread. My own personal feelings are that we're so used to seeing celebrities both well-known and semi-well-known, that sometimes we can assume a celebrity is dead based on a number of reasons, such as lack of seeing them, or maybe hearing about a celebrity with a similar name, or one who resembles another passing and somewhere in our memory that gets changed to a celebrity we're more familiar with. I think that's a large part as to where that old Hollywood joke "I thought you were dead" comes from.

With that said, like a lot of you, there have been times, not many, but there have been times where I could see an interview with a celebrity or something about a certain celebrity and swore up and down they had died, not just because I thought they were dead, but because I could clearly remember seeing something about their passing. Now the logical/skeptical side of me says I was just going through what I mentioned previously as to what could cause one to think that, but there are those rare occasions where I"m dumbfounded because I actually remember specifically seeing something about their passing. What reminded me of this thread was seeing a recent quote on Facebook from Wallace Shawn who's probably most well known for his "INCONCEIVABLE!" character from The Princess Bride. I had to look it up because I could have swore I not only remembered seeing his clip in the memorial segment of one of the Academy Award broadcasts where they even used his famous scene from that clip, but can also remember seeing a news broadcast reporting on his passing and the anchors talking about that famous line of his from the film.

I'm not saying I believe any of the theories here, but I do think it's strange so many people have legitimate memories of hearing about someone passing and it turning out to be false, but I think the fact it's almost always celebrities gives credence to the notion that it's just bad memories on our part, and replacing a thought we may have had with false memories, and also if you think about it, it's almost always an actor who's more obscure or not as well-known as others, and like I said before, there's even a famous joke about telling celebrities you thought they were dead.
edit on 23-9-2012 by MadhatterTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

Wait, WTF, Wallace Shawn is still alive? No, man..this is crazy. I'd just seen him in an older movie the other day and mentioned to my husband it's sad that he died. I said that because I distinctly remember hearing he'd passed away, of an illness, maybe cancer, and I remember being sad because I enjoyed his role in Princess Bride so much. It was a movie my husband and I saw when we started dating so it is special to us and so are the actors in it. I can't tell you exactly when I heard he died but it was in the last eight years, because it was after my daughter was born. I would say maybe in the last three years.

I'm not confusing his death with Andre the Giant. It was definitely Wallace Shawn.

I also got the shock of my life learning Charlene Tilton's ex husband Johnny Lee (not sure how he spells it) is still alive. I distinctly remember him passing away a few years after their divorce. My parents and I were on the road to a day at the bay and my dad had a country radio station on and they played "Looking for Love" and then the announcer came on and said JL had died. He was a hard drinker at that time and his death was related to his drinking problem but I don't remember exactly how. This was all close to 20 years ago.

So when Dallas recently started up again, I looked up Charlene Tilton to see what she had been up to all these years. I was shocked to learn the ex I took for granted was dead and never heard of all these years despite his fame was still alive.

If this was the only celeb I experienced this with I'd shrug it off but this keeps on adding up.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join