It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Celebrities That Are Now Alive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I know for a fact that I saw on Fox News earlier this year that George Wendt (Norm from Cheers) had died. I called family members and told them. I showed my daughter his picture because she didn't know who I was talking about. We even talked about how much we liked the last movie we had seen him in, which was a Masters of Horror movie.

After seeing him in a new movie the other day, I look him up on Google and find that he is alive. I was able to find an old blog post where someone stated that he had died, but other than that...nothing.

This is not the first time that this has happened. I saw on the news about a year or so ago that Tom Skerritt had died and thought that sucked because he was one of my favorite minor character actors. But months later discovered that he was alive.

I also remember hearing that Billy Graham had died but he too is alive.

Am I alone in this? Or is something weird going on?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Its not just me,I thought I was going crazy,I remember hearing a few years ago the singer Gladys Knight had died,they played one of her songs in a tribute and everything.

Then recently I see her concert being advertised!she is alive.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There is something wrong, alright.

I also remember heARING of many deaths only to find out later on they are fine and alive and kicking!!

We've discussed this before here, my impression is alternate Universes, i cant think of anything else that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am thinking that this has something to do with time travel. Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Lots of people have similar impressions .

This thread might interest you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's all down to misinformation and internet hearsay.

I remember when I heard that Barry Chuckle, one half of the Chuckle Brothers, was dead. It had been posted on the internet and spread like wildfire, until he came out and denied he had died

In fact, now when you type his name into Google the first thing that comes up is 'Barry Chuckle dead'

Articles like the following don't help matters......

www.gubuwire.com...

Children’s entertainer – and one half of the comedy duo the Chuckle Brothers – Barry Chuckle was found dead in a brothel in Belfast today. The PSNI have so far ruled out foul play and believe Mr Chuckle died of a massive heart attack during a particularly vigorous sexual act with a 53-year-old local prostitute affectionately known as ‘Stinky’.

Keith Richards also spoke of his deep respect for Barry Chuckle, having spent many hell-raising years together: “Me and Barry got up to some crazy # alright – I remember that one time we battered that priest. Happy days. I’ll miss him. Rest in peace, you ol’ bastard.”

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I never recall hearing that he had died, but for some reason i always believed Bob Dylan was dead.

I was actually very surprised last year when i saw an advertisement for his new album. But i did a double take because i genuinely thought he was dead, atlhough i don't know where i got the impression he had died from. I'm not even a fan of him, although i know of him, if you know what i mean.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I know for a FACT that I too heard that Norm and Billy Graham died. Billy Graham was just like a month ago. Where are you finding evidence that they are alive?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

This wasn't internet hearsay. I saw it on Fox News and if you look him up on Google there are no old news stories about it. Nothing where there were untrue rumors of his death or anything.

The only thing that I could find mentioning him dying was here: www.urbanbaby.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Lol
you are not the only one
I just had to respond to you, throughout my whole life whenever someone mentions Bob Dylan - I always say he's dead isn't he? people always look at me in horror, he just has one of those names - he sounds like a dead rock star!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I heard that Billy Graham had died too. I remember people talking about how he was going to go to hell because of some scandal or something.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
"Oral Roberts just died. Lets see if he pops up later on.

Also...I dont rely on the Internet for this kind of news, the deaths i hear about are from the nightly news.

FISH
ERNEST BORGNINE
are just a couple i remember distinctly, they even had clips from their old shows shown on tv. I also remember "the widow" of Ernest selling make up to get over her grief, only to find out years later, Ernie was still alive.

And there have been many others!!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Agreed. I looked some of those names up and some came up under "urban legends". Just rumors that spread I think. Must apologize for my avatar being so long. I haven't figured out how to shorten it yet.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
One mysterious incident that I remember clearly was David Suzuki. I saw a memorial special on T.V. and everything, saying goodbye, honoring achievments, etc. which clearly made it more than an internet rumor. Next thing I check and he's alive again.

My girlfriend remembers a discrepancy with Nelson Mandella. She was quite sure since she watched a movie about him many times. Subsequently, he was alive again and the movie was altered from before.

Thill beat me to the thread link
. I said it there way back whenever it was...mid to late 2008 to early 2009 or so.

And George Wendt? It rings just like Suzuki with media coverage and all. Unbelievable.

I guess I'll get used to multiple pasts soon or later. LOL.

[edit on 1/1/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I remember many years ago seeing in a magazine about Joanne Woodward's (Paul Newman's wife) death. I didn't know that she was alive until Paul died.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It is not just people who have died, it's lots of different things, places that have changed, people finding lots of differences in their lives that are now different, even though they have memories of events happening and discussing it with people, and then those people looking at it on the internet, only to find out months even years later that the event never happened, or the circumstances where totally different, it has happened to me a couple of times.

The latest one was I was talking about a DIY store that closed about 5 years ago, wishing it was still open because they where the only ones who sold what I needed, then to be told by several people I was delusional because it was still there and never closed, even though I remember it being demolished for a road widening scheme, I argued for days it was gone, so convinced I bought what I needed online.

Then one day I was driving past where it was, and it was there, same old building, same as I remember it, I swear I saw it being knocked down, because I was sad at the time, and was thinking of asking for some bricks for a wall I wanted to build, but the gates to the site where locked, I intended to go back, but never got around to it.

Something has certainly changed, like as someone else said it's like time was altered, and people still remember the way it was before, in some cases it's very supple changes, and in other cases big changes, like deaths of famous people.

Whatever it is though, more and more people are noticing, you can rule out web sites meant to trick you,because it's happening in peoples personal lives, nothing at all to do with the internet, and only when the subject comes up do people realise something is different.

Makes you wonder, what major differences are there that we have no memory of? events which changed and somehow removed from our conscience because it effected many many people all at once.

Someone said it's like a parallel universe is bleeding into ours and swapping things with each other.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hello... I am very interested in multiple timeline type of stuff so I do indeed remember George Wendt as being dead... Also I found it odd that Discovery Kids was playing episodes of Binni The Jungle Girl (my neice's kid watches it) and Steve Irwin was on the show...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

There was a road widening that happened near me. There was a dentists' office was too close to the road for the two-lane road to be converted to two lanes plus a median. What they did was build a duplicate building farther away from the direction of widening and then knock down the original.

I'm just brining that up as a possible set of events with precedent.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Me too, over the last few years it's happened half a dozen times ... I also thought I was losing it ... and I know I've heard these things (at least 3 times), on the news ... not internet.

It's such a shock when they turn-up alive.

Woody

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I swear I saw a mini biopic of James Earl Jones after he was announced dead on tv here quite a few years ago...guess what he is still alive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join