It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Taliban: CIA traitor carried out deadly attack [UPDATED New clues!]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43
I hope this doesn't give the USA a "right" to invade Pakistan, we could be spread pretty thin here soon

The recent gold deal with India bought their force to protect us from spreading out. India has aimed nukes at Pak. We just want access to hideouts, although most have been abandoned for places in Borneo and farther south or Africa.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...
"The suicide bomber who killed at least six Central Intelligence Agency officers in a base along the Afghan-Pakistan border on Wednesday was a regular CIA informant who had visited the same base multiple times in the past, according to someone close to the base's security director."

Again, Sharia Law trumps any loyalties with non-muslims that may seem like a peaceful muslim is trustworthy... but when it comes down to it there is no way to tell when violence will be used. We cannot afford to take that risk anymore.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Yes, the use of a double agent in this war is different (religious [fundamentalism], tribal/ethnic, non-state) and also doesn't need the "sophistication" as reported in the article, if by "sophistication" it is meant a person in a suit who is out to provide "state secrets" out of a sense of patriotism or financial gain, whose handlers are themselves "sophisticated".

Whereas other double agents may have given away secrets that could kill others, a double agent in an area that breeds suicide bombers can be personally tragic to handlers.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
reply to post by JJay55

Yes, the use of a double agent in this war is different (religious [fundamentalism], tribal/ethnic, non-state) and also doesn't need the "sophistication" as reported in the article, if by "sophistication" it is meant a person in a suit who is out to provide "state secrets" out of a sense of patriotism or financial gain, whose handlers are themselves "sophisticated".

Whereas other double agents may have given away secrets that could kill others, a double agent in an area that breeds suicide bombers can be personally tragic to handlers.

Islam fights dirty. That pisses me off.
In the US we can't even waterboard or put panties on guys heads because... it's cruel.
In Islam they cut off a guys balls and let him bleed to death in the street. Hardly sophisticated.
Islam steals our planes and flies them into our buildings, that's sophisticated but dirty.
So do we stoop to their level to win? Or do we listen to the WWII dinosaurs at the Pentagon who are making huge mistakes?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

In my opinion it's not fair to blame ISI merely because this incident shows how dumb CIA actually is. anyone in his right mind won't let anyone go there 'unsearched' in the first place. And it's merely a lame excuse to chalk up the failure of your intelligence agencies to ISI.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Nah, I admit that the current CIA of the past few decades is a total failure.
It's just that when foreign influence is suspected from Pakistan, ISI is damn near always involved.

Do some searches, you will see that my bias is not mearly selective, but pointedly so.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I betcha their aren't dead... if you know what I mean.
They probably sent that bomber into a trailer full of dummies and now those dead CIA agents are free to move about the country. *bing*

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Oh well, those who live by dirty war, die by dirty war.

Guessing it takes at least 1 million dollars if not much more to recruit, hire, and train one CIA agent.. and who knows how much to cover the costs of deploying & maintaining these agents. Then there is the pay out to the agents families, costs of replacing them etc.

7 felled agents represents millions upon millions of fed monopoly dollars.. one taliban lackey is worth, eh?.. well the human body is worth $4.50, and maybe a few hundred in explosives... lets say the taliban lost less than a few goats worth.. $2,000.

$2,000 investment Vs (at least) $10,000,000,000 US, probably closer to $20,000,000,000... Ouch. Millions upon millions in US assets blown up.. for a mere pittance, pennies on the dollar. No wonder afghanistan is where empires go to die.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The base is named after the first military casualty of the war, but the first casualty was a CIA person, Spann if I remember correctly, at a prison. This suicide bombing seems like a disaster for the CIA as regards personnel, and it must have some effect on mission, I just wonder to what extant. Corruption and lawlessness of this area combine with fanaticism and war to produce events like this, although, really, any war will produce deadly turncoats/double agents.

Part of the CIA is a defacto but stealthy military for the US. These personnel, unless recognized, will never be known publicly, but will have been every bit involved in foreign policy AND war. Soldiers they are.

Held accountable to the Geneva convention they are not.

Classified by the government and military as civilians they are.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
Oh well, those who live by dirty war, die by dirty war.

Guessing it takes at least 1 million dollars if not much more to recruit, hire, and train one CIA agent.. and who knows how much to cover the costs of deploying & maintaining these agents. Then there is the pay out to the agents families, costs of replacing them etc.

7 felled agents represents millions upon millions of fed monopoly dollars.. one taliban lackey is worth, eh?.. well the human body is worth $4.50, and maybe a few hundred in explosives... lets say the taliban lost less than a few goats worth.. $2,000.

$2,000 investment Vs (at least) $10,000,000,000 US, probably closer to $20,000,000,000... Ouch. Millions upon millions in US assets blown up.. for a mere pittance, pennies on the dollar. No wonder Afghanistan is where empires go to die.

Unless you use some stupid idiot patriot like me and use there intellectual property (say like horse whisperer) to finance the whole thing then leave the guy(make sure) to die of MRSA!!! Well that is why I am left this way finally the secret s out!!! The USA gov got a great deal but me and my family.. father,sister brother all have health issues now and the man who tried to murder me and married into my family has no trouble and inherits all... that s my truth and the real truth of my experience.. It can only change if I am publicly vindicated anything less and I am for sure a dead man. And i dont have to wait long the way my lounges fill with fluid from MRSA. If I die of this it is murder and for sure 100 percent there is a movement afoot in our country that will kill so many Adolf Hitler will look like a saint. so either one or the other no middle ground.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
Just out of curiosity, have the names of the CIA agents been released yet?

Their track record in the Agency may show some interesting things, I feel.

I don't think CIA officials identity are revealed in any cases.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Jordanian double-agent killed CIA officers

The suicide bombing on a CIA base in Afghanistan last week was carried out by a Jordanian doctor who was an al-Qaida double agent, Western intelligence officials told NBC News.

According to Western intelligence officials, the perpetrator was Humam Khalil Abu-Mulal al-Balawi, 36, an al-Qaida sympathizer from the town of Zarqa, which is also the hometown of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the Jordanian militant Islamist responsible for several devastating attacks in Iraq.

Al-Balawi was arrested by Jordanian intelligence more than a year ago. However, the Jordanians believed that al-Balawi had been successfully reformed and brought over to the American and Jordanian side, setting him up as an agent and sending him off to Afghanistan and Pakistan to infiltrate al-Qaida.

His specific mission, according to officials, was to find and meet Ayman al Zawahiri, al-Qaida’s No. 2, also a physician

a Taliban spokesman who said al-Balawi misled Jordanian and U.S. intelligence services for a year. The spokesman, Al-Hajj Ya'qub, promised to release a video confirming his account of the attack.

Last week, according to the Western officials, al-Balawi reportedly called his handler to say he needed to meet with the CIA’s team based in Khost, Afghanistan, because he said he had urgent information he needed to relay about Zawahiri.

Close relations with Jordanian intelligence
His handler was a senior intelligence official, identified in Jordanian press accounts as Sharif Ali bin Zeid.

But bin Zeid was not just a Jordanian intelligence officer; he was also a member of the Jordanian royal family and was a first cousin of the king and grandnephew of the first king Abdullah.

Google Search Humam Khalil Mulal al Balawi

Google Search Sharif Ali bin Zeid

[edit on 1/4/10 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Jordanian double-agent killed CIA officers

The suicide bombing on a CIA base in Afghanistan last week was carried out by a Jordanian doctor who was an al-Qaida double agent, Western intelligence officials told NBC News.

According to Western intelligence officials, the perpetrator was Humam Khalil Abu-Mulal al-Balawi, 36, an al-Qaida sympathizer from the town of Zarqa, which is also the hometown of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the Jordanian militant Islamist responsible for several devastating attacks in Iraq.

Al-Balawi was arrested by Jordanian intelligence more than a year ago. However, the Jordanians believed that al-Balawi had been successfully reformed and brought over to the American and Jordanian side, setting him up as an agent and sending him off to Afghanistan and Pakistan to infiltrate al-Qaida.

That s strange. Probably did not know that the Queen of Jordan..( or princess noir? I am not sure) used to date John Resor whose family did fund raising for Skull and Bones .. the secret organization not a pirate ship... just interesting how the allies keep coming up with the mstakes...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

reply to post by JJay55

Islam fights dirty. That pisses me off.
In the US we can't even waterboard or put panties on guys heads because... it's cruel.
In Islam they cut off a guys balls and let him bleed to death in the street. Hardly sophisticated.
Islam steals our planes and flies them into our buildings, that's sophisticated but dirty.
So do we stoop to their level to win? Or do we listen to the WWII dinosaurs at the Pentagon who are making huge mistakes?

It's not about "islam", all desperate people do desperate things... check history and you'll find 'islams' track record on fighting dirty is no better or worse than any other group of invisible man worshipers.

You think US citizens fighting a prolonged violent occupation couldn't convince a few religious wack-jobs or mental defects to take an expedited trip to heaven in order to put a serious hurt on the enemy? or are beyond using Burundanga to create a human drone? pleeeeeze. How about people with terminal diseases? they couldn't be talked into going out with a bang?

A recent report delivered to LAPD & the LA Sheriffs from fatherland security suggests people in major US cities will riot for food after 3 days, kill for it after 5.. if it only takes us civilized americans 5 days to kill each other to eat, imagine what we would be capable of after 7 violent years of occupation?

Try walking a mile in the afghans toe-less shoes before judging.

And BTW lack of sophistication is an asset, the taliban just bled the US taxpayers of millions upon millions of dollars in assets.. for maybe a handful of goats.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

The CIA has indeed used torture in its history. The question of waterboarding was in its effectiveness. (Cheney, who got himself out of going to war, and then sent thousands of American and other soldiers to their death to carry out his version of a geostrategic plan, acted/s like a paranoid sadomasochist with his insistence.) And Abu Ghraib was a horrible blunder.

Maybe we had a chance at the beginning of the war to actually put us in a position to declare a future victory in Afghanistan for us and the Afghani people, but then we went to Iraq, a country where its leader wielded a rifle and sword and put rockets on donkey carts. And the longevity of our stays only gave Al Quaeda reason/time to recruit and grow larger. And now we even see results in Africa, where for years OBL has been a hero to some. IMO we cannot "win" in Afghanistan anymore.

The CIA outposts in Afghanistan remind me of the CIA outposts outside of Vietnam (where they, too, helped the military, such as pilot John McCain, to pinpoint airstrikes). And, like Afghanistan with suicide bombers, we could not "win" in a country where Vietnamese Buddhist monks were willing to set themselves on fire and die in order to protest a war in their country.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It is being reported that the Jordanian suicide bomber, (Humam Khalil Abu-Mulal al-Balawi), who killed the CIA Agents was a moderator and frequent poster on the terrorst affiliated web discussion forum al-Hesbah.

Abu Dujanah al-Khurasani

Original article on aljazeera.net (Translated)

CIA Bomber a Jihadi Blogger?

He quickly rose to prominence - and eventually an adminstrator position - on the elite al-Hisba forum in 2007, and has long been widely regarded for a series of popular essays he wrote on the forums, especially on the course of the jihad in Iraq and in praise of al-Qa’ida in Iraq. In September of 2009, it was announced on the forums that Abu Dujana had joined the mujahidin in “Khurasan” (Afghanistan and western Pakistan), and the al-Qa’ida magazine “Vanguards of Khurasan” ran an interview with Abu Dujana about his jihadi career that same month in its fifteenth issue. Another famous cyber-jihadi and former Hisba admin, Ziad Abu Tariq, posted a glowing encomium to Abu Dujana soon thereafter. In October, a compilation of his essays was produced in high-quality pdf format and distributed on the forums, an extremely unusual mark of distinction for an e-jihadi with otherwise no religious or military credentials
[...]
The Afghan Taliban, meanwhile, have issued claims that conflict with the Abu Dujana story. In press releases on the official Taliban-IEA website, as well as in their Arabic magazine al-Sumud, the Afghan Taliban have stated that the Khost suicide bomber was one Samiullah, a soldier in the Afghan National Army. Given the symbolic and instrumental significance of the attack, a variety of interested parties, including the Taliban-IEA, the TTP, al-Qa’ida and the Haqqani Network (Taliban-IENW) will perceive an advantage in laying claim to this jihadi “victory,” and we can reasonably expect further claims and counter-claims in the coming days.

[edit on 1/5/10 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Obama will not dare go after ISI - he cannot. CIA have provided millions of dollars to ISI (before and after 9/11) Americans will not be best pleased to understand their finance is being spent on terrorist applications.

This attack is in retaliation for the drone strikes, which, if you understand the post-Mumbai attack, America was forced by India to deal with Pakistani terrorist camps. India dispatched fighter jets and sent soldiers to the border days after the terrorist strike, but the CIA assured the Indian government America will successful remove terrorist camps.

Remember, India wanted high ranking officials in ISI to be held responsible for the Mumbai attack. I very much doubt American officials want ISI agents to declare some lucrative secrets in public...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Obama will not dare go after ISI - he cannot. CIA have provided millions of dollars to ISI (before and after 9/11) Americans will not be best pleased to understand their finance is being spent on terrorist applications.

This attack is in retaliation for the drone strikes, which, if you understand the post-Mumbai attack, America was forced by India to deal with Pakistani terrorist camps. India dispatched fighter jets and sent soldiers to the border days after the terrorist strike, but the CIA assured the Indian government America will successful remove terrorist camps.

Remember, India wanted high ranking officials in ISI to be held responsible for the Mumbai attack. I very much doubt American officials want ISI agents to declare some lucrative secrets in public...

Exposing the ISI is the first goal. Once they show their true colors and corruption they will hang themselves. Yes, we will go after them but not in a military sense.
Daniel Pearl was beheaded because he had the goods on the ISI. Bhutto also was assassinated because she was going to expose them. Which means they probably have some big azz secrets.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

America was forced by India to deal with Pakistani terrorist camps

Wow I appreciate your patriotism for your country (india) but still

How long it's been that Indian started thinking of America as their 'helper' or 'savior' I thought it was always Russia. On the contrary India has always accused Pakistan of being a 'partner/puppet' of US in the region.

Coming back to topic America has been conducting attacks on terrorist camps in tribal region with the help of Pak Army and ISI long before the Mumbai Attacks.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Errm...

Do you honestly think, my location (Canterbury, UK) is in India?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join